Pete Evan’s Everyday Diet – Is This For Real Or Was He Taking The Piss?

If you are thinking of going on My Kitchen Rules Pete Evan’s diet might give you a few clues on what to cook to get top marks from him. The problem is where would be finding the ingredients like emu, and activated almonds and how would you turn them into something palatable.

Pete Evan’s diet brought much mirth on the social media sites with #activatedalmonds trending, meaning it was one of the most talked about topics of the evening.

People were wondering whether the diet was real or if he was just taking the piss out of the weekly column in the Sun Herald magazine.

You would expect the other judge on the show, Manu Feildel’s diet would be very different to his.

My Kitchen Rules to screen on Channel Seven early in 2013.

UPDATE: It looks like he is serious and he does not appear happy about people thinking it is hilarious. According to the SMH Β his responded on his facebook page he said:

IGNORANCE is not bliss,” he wrote.

“I’m occasionally ridiculed because I choose to eat a nutrient dense diet, and I find it so bizarre as to why people sometimes find my food choice’s so offensive [sic]?

“All I know is that I’m well aware of the consequences of eating ‘dead’ food, and also I’m a father, and I take that privilege very seriously, so for me striving for optimum health whenever I can so that I can be a responsible role model for my daughters, and still be able to surf right up until the end, is the obvious choice for me.”

1 Rachel Retrogoddess { 11.05.12 at 9:25 am }

He was using words I’ve never heard of before – maca, sorghum?? I’m not a foodie but WTF??

2 Culinary Boner { 11.05.12 at 9:28 am }

Odd, but wholesome. I guess.
In comparison Manu’s “Day on a Plate” would probably feature ‘activated pussy’ after every meal.

3 librarygirl { 11.05.12 at 9:56 am }

It MUST be a spoof – I’m sure he did it knowing that people on twitter would fall for it hook, line and sinker.
And if it’s legit – lordy, what a tool he looks!

4 brain dead dave { 11.05.12 at 10:03 am }

“You are what you eat” and this guy’s full of shit.

5 Rebecca { 11.05.12 at 10:18 am }

Prior to this being published I had looked at photos of Pete Evans and thought he was showing subtle signs of having an eating disorder. His body did not look well nourished. This obsessive diet has only confirmed it for me. Many people use healthy eating as a method of socially acceptable food OCD.

6 Culinary Boner { 11.05.12 at 10:22 am }

Rebecca, it worked for Florian (nee Shane) Warne, so why not Pete?

7 brain dead dave { 11.05.12 at 10:27 am }

Like Warney , I bet Pete spends a lot of time planning where his balls are going to go.

8 chasing vegas { 11.05.12 at 10:37 am }

I’ve never watched an episode of MKR due to this guy, can’t stand him.

9 Morgan { 11.05.12 at 10:41 am }

Pete really annoys me. I’ll take Manu and his sexy accent any day.

10 Georgie { 11.05.12 at 10:45 am }

He looks like he’s lost weight and I doubt he’s taking the piss because it’s all legit food, albeit OTT in terms of general everyday good health. Although there’s probably sound health science behind it, unless you’ve got someone buying and preparing your food for a diet like that, it would be difficult to maintain.

What happens when you want to go out for a meal – you’d freak out for fear of contaminating your body with ordinary food? I guess you could take your own doggie bag or find a serious health fad cafe.

And COFFEE, what about the COFFEE!!!

If you want to get fit and healthy, rather than going on a diet, your better off making permanent lifestyle changes that are healthy and easy to maintain. It’s a common chant but true – good healthy food, plenty of water and regular exercise.

11 A.P { 11.05.12 at 10:53 am }

How does he do all the taste testing then involved in MKR if he can’t eat ” contaminated ” food?
I’d hate to go out with someone who is so fussy about food like him, it would be so annoying after a while1

12 Morgan { 11.05.12 at 10:57 am }

He must do a giant detox after filming for MKR has wrapped up.

13 Stacey { 11.05.12 at 11:16 am }

I think thats why he’s into all this health food in his day to day life, because he eats so much during MKR which screws around with his health.
Plus he’s a chef, so it was never going to be boring steamed broccoli and chicken or fish, like all celebs say they eat.

14 A.P { 11.05.12 at 12:23 pm }

BDD and CB, you should check out New Idea today, both your girlfriends are featured on the front cover!

15 Reality Raver { 11.05.12 at 12:23 pm }

Well Pete has responded on his Facebook page according to SMH http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/mkr-hosts-nutty-snacks-activate-twitter-torrent-20121105-28t4k.html

And it looks like he was not taking the piss out of the diet column.

16 A.P { 11.05.12 at 12:25 pm }

RR, Brynne is also in New Idea today defending those stories about her in that other magazine.

17 brain dead dave { 11.05.12 at 12:33 pm }

No Idea must be a special broadsheet edition this week, A.P.

18 Reality Raver { 11.05.12 at 1:38 pm }

AP – Yes just saw it in the newsagents – read the article basically saying yes t to being a stripper, no to being an escort. Started stripping to pay the bills etc etc.

19 DaveH { 11.05.12 at 8:02 pm }

Fruitcake … that is all.

20 Culinary Boner { 11.06.12 at 9:34 am }

As diets go this one is up there with the King of the Mountin’, Peter Brock’s, Energy Polariser “technology” for car engines.
Hippie shit!
Take it away Lemmy and Hawkwind…
“I got an Almond Activator
And it makes me feel greater
I’ll see you some time later
When I’m through with my Activator
It’s not a social integrator
It’s a one-man isolator
It’s a vibraine stimulator
A cerebral vibrator
Of orgones, of orgones”

21 brain dead dave { 11.06.12 at 10:02 am }

Jeez, that’s prompting me to drag out my copy of Space Ritual, CB.

Lemmy’s diet was rather Spartan , too. Amphetamine sulphate, Jack Daniels and Marlboros.

22 Culinary Boner { 11.06.12 at 10:43 am }

bdd, no better album than Space Ritual for late night listening with headphones
Lemmy’s still going strong on that diet – 66 this year – and unlike Pete (that’s Evans, not Brock) he even appears in this cavalcade of bed-shaking advice – http://www.amazon.com/Sex-Tips-Rock-Stars-Their/dp/1849384045
I must ask Santa for this book.

23 Culinary Boner { 11.06.12 at 4:29 pm }
24 Pete Evans – Activating His Healthy Lifestyle Into An Organic Business | reality ravings { 12.16.12 at 1:45 pm }

[…] who created a internet sensation earlier this year with his Diet In A Day, with many people querying that he was taking the piss out of the weekly column. For the record he […]

25 Masterchef’s Ben Milbourne Gives Us A Look At His Daily Diet | reality ravings { 11.03.13 at 1:07 pm }

[…] being showcased outlines a diet full of lean meats and green vegetables with Pete Evan’s activated almonds diet going viral. Β The worst food you ever see is a latte with full fat milk or a couple of pieces of dark […]

26 Scott Gooding – Diet Doesn’t Quite Do A Pete Evans But Comes Close | reality ravings { 11.26.13 at 10:03 pm }

[…] Day On A Plate’ which is in the Sun-Herald magazine, it does not quite hit the heights of Pete Evan’s activated almond diet but it comes […]

27 M { 01.02.14 at 8:26 am }

I’m mortified about how ignorant some of you are out there.
Why drink vinegar and water? Google acidic vs alkaline foods. Then research what happens to your body if you are too acidic? Buy a test and check what your system is.
Maca and sorghum … seriously? There’s this thing called google and you can look things up!
Regarding the coffee comment … I’m yet to see a single bit of evidence to say that’s good for you. If you need it to keep awake or perk up, sounds like your diet is rubbish, your not getting enough nutrients and you need to get more sleep.
Btw good activated nuts are delicious.
I’m impressed that Pete told the truth about what he really eats! I strive to be that healthy!

28 brain dead dave { 01.02.14 at 9:39 am }

I’m mortified that you’re so ignorant that you don’t know the difference between “your” and “you’re “~ while attempting to piously lecture the people here. There’s this thing called Google to help you with primary school conundrums like that.

Pete should start eating some foods that help him pay his bills on time.

29 Sandii { 01.02.14 at 11:09 am }

I love the word “mortified” , hehe it is so Enid Blyton.

30 Honey Bee { 01.02.14 at 11:21 am }

Let’s be mortified more often Sandii.

31 Maggie { 01.02.14 at 11:23 am }

Jut alors! Je suis mortifie.

32 brain dead dave { 01.02.14 at 11:50 am }

I know I’m mortified every time I see Jowl$y waxing lyrical after he’s chowed down on yet another appallingly underdone pink lamb cutlet.

33 Sandii { 01.02.14 at 11:53 am }

Hi Maggie, Happy new year. ” il est tout d’accord”….. I dont speak French but I can google very well. :)

34 Maggie { 01.02.14 at 11:56 am }

Merci beaucoup, Sandii. πŸ˜‰

Are you getting another drop of rain today?

35 brain dead dave { 01.02.14 at 12:00 pm }

Me three years of doin’ high school French tells me it’s “Zut alors”, gice. I’ll go to hell for being a smartar$e, I know..

Having a Frank Zappa album called “Zoot Allures” helps.

36 Sandii { 01.02.14 at 12:26 pm }

Dave, I did French in year 8. After one year all I could say was “hello, ces’t Phillipe Ledoux”. I dont know what I would have done if I had gone to France and actually met someone who wasn’t called Phillipe Ledoux. I would have been buggered. Slightly drizzling today. heaven!

37 Techhater { 01.02.14 at 1:06 pm }

Bonne Annee

Hey Sandii send some of that drizzle this way.