The X Factor – The Judges Should Have Been A Bit More Strategic – Only Four Left

It was surprising the favourites to win The X Factor this year, The Collective, were in the bottom two and at risk of elimination. It was interesting Guy, Mel B and Nat B were not more strategic and voted to get them out to give their own singers a better shot at winning the show this year.

However the judges probably also feel the pressure of keeping the most marketable act in the competition.

They were in the bottom two with Shiane who unfortunately completely tanked with her saving herself song. She sang out of key the whole tune and it made me wonder how rehearsed she was. However what again was highlighted was whether having a young fourteen old was the right thing as they really treated her with kid gloves, which they should do. But it also means she is treated differently from the other contestants.

Nat B went up to stand beside her once her she had voted. In the end everyone bar Nat voted to see her gone.

Again today it was in the paper about the social media bullying of The X Factor contestants, maybe next year they need to revert to the previous policy of not letting the contestants have Twitter accounts. However I suspect the support they get from fans far outweighs the negatives.

The final four are The Collective, Samantha-Jade, Bella and Jason. The Collective are the favourite to win, but Jason is the only one who has never been in the bottom two so just maybe the country crooner might win this year. I wonder what Simon Cowell would think about that.

1 Anonymous { 11.06.12 at 11:03 pm }

As much as I loathe it, I think Bella will be this year factor! Too much marketing on her already…*sigh*

2 Eliza { 11.06.12 at 11:19 pm }

It was definitely Shiane’s time to go. Shame about her final performance though. I was so glad that Samantha got through as I am still hoping that she can win it! I don’t mind The Collective, however I still think their best performance was their first. They’ll do ok whether they win or not.

3 Stacey { 11.06.12 at 11:54 pm }

Yeh Shiane had run her course on the show, but she will still be great in years to come.
Bella is the most marketable left, I thought Nathaniel was the most. For that reason I hope she wins as she has the best chance (I think) to have an international career.
The Collective – well I don’t really know what to think about them. There are so many boybands coming out at the moment.
Samantha is the perfect package. She even has a great, humble personality. You just have to wonder why it never worked out for her before.
And Jason is great too, he could have a really solid ‘Shannon Noll’ kind of career.

4 VioletsRBlue { 11.07.12 at 12:19 am }

Yes, I agree, it was Shiane time to go. Her voice sounds very original but she really needs to work on her diction and breathing.
Bella was absolutely great last night and definitely the most solid potential for a longer term career. She is the whole package and artistic as well! I really hope that she wins.
The Collective do not really bring anything different but I do have a soft spot for them for some reason (although very unlikely that I would buy their cd).
No doubt that Sam is a great singer and I always want her to progress to next stage but it might be that I feel a bit sorry for her. She is good and it might be one of her last chances. I hope that she gets the chance to release something just to test the market.
Jason, well he a a nice guy, and if it was personality contest he would no doubt win. However since it is a signing competion and I don’t think that he is ready. He is an ok singer but still needs a lot of polishing. He might have a local (Australia only, and mostly country)career possibly, but on a smaller scale. However, Simon would need a couple of sessions with his therapist if Jason won!:-) As was pointed out Jason was never in the bottom two so I guess Simon should make his booking just in case!

5 KJ { 11.07.12 at 9:44 am }

It was definitely Shiane’s time to go, she has an amazing voice but is just too young and they didn’t really know what to do with her song wise and styling wise, which became apparent the longer the show went on. I’m surprised the Collective were in the bottom 2, perhaps all the teeny boppers were distracted by Big Brother this week and forgot to vote in the X-factor? Anyway, I’d prefer Bella to win, but seeing as its not really a singing competition but a personality contest I could put up with Jason winning if only to imagine Simon Cowell’s disgust.

6 Sam { 11.07.12 at 10:41 am }

I wonder why they chose Shiane but not Vendulka – a much more mature and polished 14yo. I suppose we should remember that Sony can sign anyone they want, regardless of who wins. Bella shone this week. Her whole demeanour had changed, as if she’d come to grips with her demons at last. X-Factor is a strange creature. The hatred and vileness directed at judges and contestants often makes me feel a little sick, and claims of racism against the show. Truly nasty, but it seems the world is happy to accept such behaviour which will only get worse. I’m going to try and not watch next year. Or at least try and avoid any mention of it online.

7 Fiona { 11.07.12 at 10:59 am }

Shiane’s performance was truly cringe-inducing. I think the judges finally had a chance to vote her off but ended up havingto revert to kind words to avoid even more of a drama. The first sign of true pressure and she crumbled, such a shame. Hopefully she can go away and come back later when she can control her gift more effectively.

I thought The Collective saved themselves admirably last night – one of their best performance (minus dancers etc , interesting). So happy that Samantha got through as she is a class act, and deserves to showcase herself as long as possible.

8 Bruiser Brody { 11.07.12 at 11:41 am }

Having managed to avoid the entire debacle that is the shallow talent pool of whoever hasn’t been on the previous 11 Idle’s, 7 X-Factor’s, PopStars, etc…I turned over to see Shiane’s final performance…

My!
God!

someone should’ve just come on mid-song with a shotgun and sheet!
In the immortal words of Ford Fairlane:
“I’ve heard cats f**k with better harmony!”

9 bella vita { 11.07.12 at 11:13 pm }

As I mentioned previously, both The Collective and Bella were signed just before Week 1, so they either of them will be in the Top 2.
Samantha to go next week.

10 Jade { 11.20.12 at 8:05 am }

Feel Bella has come a long way and was just peaking. With a more experienced mentor she could have been up there.She has matured and has no illusions and the change is absolutely remarkable.Recording companies can sign her up anytime, she is a true artiste and an individual in her”zone”.Hope she is not put on the rubbish dump as there are people waiting for an album and more from her.

11 Barbara { 04.22.14 at 5:04 am }

I will not watch these judges anymore. They Changed every thing about Shiane Hawke then told her she was not what they wanted. Sorry they lose my vote as judges