Big Brother – Benjamin Norris Wins The Money And His Man

Love or loath Benjamin Norris, the 32 year old who won Big Brother, at least someone who gave the series a lot of   the drama and entertainment took home the prize. Both he and Estelle both were the more memorable characters of the season and received a lot of airtime which helped their cultivate a strong fan base.

This was a win for the show and the audience as it did not reward the nice bland, boring contestant who gave little entertainment like Ben and Peter from series one and two.

Finally there was a political statement from Big Brother when Benjamin proposed to his boyfriend on stage and he accepted and he said “Since I met Ben all I’ve ever wanted is for him to be a part of my family. No-one’s going to tell us sitting on the couch at the end of the day pretending that we’re married that we’re not married”.

It would have been interesting to know if Ben had talked about doing this in the house and if Big Brother knew about it and facilitated it.

The political act was a tad ironic because when Peter Overton read out the news neither he or Layla were fairly non – animated when they were shown Julia Gillard’s anti-misogyny speech and news that President Obama had won the election. However Madonna being the highest selling singer ever and the new iPhone release seemed to be much more exciting to them.

In fact it looked like Layla did not even recognise Gillard.

Will his proposal have an impact on the current policy where gay people cannot marry, hopefully, as this could show the majority of one million people that watched the show support their right to do so.

In fact it was legalised the media might be able to focus on different political issues like the fact that single parents revert back to Newstart when their youngest is eight something that will place children at risk and entrench these mainly women further in poverty.

If reality TV can raise social issues  and get Australia debating them that is fantastic, however in three months of Big Brother we saw no political discourse from the house. Maybe the Tory MP that is on the UK I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here is correct to go on the show as that is where the eyeballs are. However in this case I am not sure the format of that show will allow for much intellectual conversation or for her to retain much dignity.

There were over 400,000 votes cast with Estelle being first to be eliminated from the house, followed by Layla. Benjamin and Layla were extremely excited about being the last two standing and at one point I thought Layla was going to topple in the pool with her high heels on. Layla is stunning and has dressed herself throughout the series to showcase her fabulous curves, but tonight I thought her dress did not highlight this. It was all feathers and boobs. She showed extreme humility when given her $10,000 cash prize and the keys to her car. Sam looked pleased to see her.

It will be interesting to read interviews with Estelle how she felt being in the house. Benjamin after seeing footage told Sonia that Estelle was good at playing the victim. Don’t think they will be friends once they are out of the house and it will be interesting to see who he does remain in contact with as his montage at the beginning after he had won showed all the negative things he had said about people.

Props have to be given to producers and NINE the finale was fabulously staged and entertaining with the opening act of the housemates doing a routine to Oats a la Layla and Gangnam Style set up a lot of energy for the rest of the show. Also the other routine to Tonight’s Going To Be A Good Night was great that it was also a hat tip to all the behind the scenes crew on the set.

Also bringing his mother into the Big Brother garden was touching and emotional for Ben and the viewer.

However would the other housemates be jealous the Bradley got a starring role in both and also was seen on the ads for the Big Bang Theory. Is Bradley going to be the star from this years series? He does have a high level of likeability.

It was a series with its ups and down and should be back on our screens in 2013.

1 Nathan 1 { 11.09.12 at 12:30 am }

yeah its cool group here….
now big bro has finished im gonna be way bored – nothing to post about >_<
bdd – i still think that dio quote was the best one ever 😉

2 Janenowdaisy { 11.09.12 at 12:33 am }

I thought after the fever of BB I might go for Gardening Australia so I BEEEEhave!

3 Miss Mars { 11.09.12 at 12:42 am }

Kaz, thanks :) I don’t like being lumped in with the somewhat nasty ‘Estelle haters’ I never hated her, and I repeatedly acknowledged that she had a lot of positive traits, my issue has always been the overblown attitudes of some about how faultless she was and as I’ve stated I don’t really think her treatment was as bad as some have made it out to be. I’m not saying some of the other HMs weren’t incredibly nasty at times but she made little effort to compromise with them from what I could see.

But yes, what was done to Angie was awful as well and no one seems to have any sympathy for her, which confuses me given the level of outrage on Estelle’s behalf. For a long time it was Angie and not Estelle that copped the brunt of Ben’s nastiness and she was actively ostracised and attacked during her final weeks in the house. One of the hardest things for me to watch during the series was her crying herself to sleep in the lounge room after her fight with Layla while the others were having a group hug session in the bathroom. No one even bothered to check and see if she was ok… Even Estelle received some sympathy and comfort from the housemates after she broke down the week she recieved 19 nomination points. Angie wasn’t even afforded that much concern… I guess because she dished it out as well as copping it that somehow makes her unworthy of sympathy? That really doesn’t sit well with me.

4 Janenowdaisy { 11.09.12 at 12:45 am }

MissMars@103 I totally agree with you that they gave Angie a hammering.

5 brain dead dave { 11.09.12 at 12:47 am }

I’m going to RR’s X Factor recaps next janenowdaisy(#98). I wish it could have been sooner but for BB.

Nathan 1 ~ I saw Ronnie and Rainbow twice here in Adelaide ’76. You are in Tokyo, right? They would have been big over there, too. I was knocked out when you came back with the Run With The Wolf quote.

6 Nathan 1 { 11.09.12 at 1:02 am }

michael shouldnt have run with the wolf……haha
thats awesome blackmore and dio-wish i could have seen that in the 70’s.
was lucky enough to see ‘heaven and hell’ in tokyo 2007…they were headlining – great performance.japan seems to get all the good bands – went to this 2day festival the other week..http://www.loudpark.com/12/lineup/index.html

7 CommStu { 11.09.12 at 2:24 am }

Great discussion everyone! (Although now it seems to have changed track somewhat – sorry I’ll leave my response now that I’ve got the time, then let you get back to it…)

Miss Mars @59 – you say it so well! I totally agree with everything you say! Thank you for your posts – I’m so glad to know that I’m not the only one who saw things EXACTLY the way you described it- especially what happened to Angie! Yet she never got any support from the public. I really wonder why too? Perhaps she didn’t ‘appear’ as vulnerable?

Pocky @ 61 – I did not see these supposed conversations about Estelle “to separate and socially isolate her until she is evicted”. Miss Mars sums it up the show exactly as I saw it too.

I think I have been trying to make it clear – without making myself too vulnerable – that I have lived the situation you described : ‘isolated and alone in a crowd’ and yet I do not consider what happened to me was bullying. Believe me when I say my life was hell in primary school.

As for stopping private conversations when the topic of conversation enters the room – that’s perfectly natural. It may seem vicious to you but it is not bullying. If you have children and you are discussing them with someone else for advice etc… do you not do the same thing, for example? (Remember only we happened to be privy to what was said before Estelle entered the room.)

Golo i Wesolo @ 65 – Even ‘covert bullying’ requires deliberate actions – which I did not see with Estelle. Pulling up UNSW’s definition (just as an example from a quick Google) http://www.hr.unsw.edu.au/employee/workbully.html – for covert bullying to have occurred in the BB house (according to the definition) Estelle would have been deliberately excluded from official ’meetings’ like the ‘family dinner’ – not just from social group interactions (everyone has a choice what friends they want to mix with in their social time) – however even when Estelle joined social groups I did not see the HMs get up to leave. (They may have changed topics to accommodate her presence but that is not bullying.) Continuing with applying the definitions of covert bullying – they did not expect more from her than from any other house mates, nor did they leave her to solely do the cleaning or other unpleasant tasks etc. I also did not see any deliberate ignoring of her attempts to talk – as if she was invisible – nor did the HMs exclude Estelle from any tasks etc… Therefore you would not have a successful complaint of covert bullying for Estelle. As much as I loved ‘The Castle’ you can’t succeed here by claiming ‘it’s the vibe’ 😉

Estelle simply experienced social difficulties (as I did) – not bullying. There is a difference.

It’s really a worry if we stretch the definition of bullying to the extreme. Are we really going to be up in arms for the kid who is always last to be picked for the team – even if they are the weakest player? Or even conversely if they are actually the best but avoided, for example, for their appalling body odour? Where do you draw the line for people experiencing hurt feelings?

As I’ve said before, perhaps then what you are arguing about is inclusiveness and tolerance of everyone. Of course these are fantastic ideals to aim for.

But alas I have grown cynical as I see hypocrisy everywhere – as these same notions of inclusiveness and toleration of all human beings then provoke questions about Australia’s current denial of gay marriage (which fits well under Golo’s ‘covert bullying’ as ‘deliberately excluding’ gays from experiences readily enjoyed by heterosexuals) as well as Australia’s harsh treatment of asylum seekers (who are currently punished for attempting to join our country – again fitting better the description of covert bullying of ‘deliberate excluding and isolating’ ). I for one would like to see changes made in regards to these current situations in Australia. But how many of the ‘anti-bullying’ Estelle supporters agree? And no BDD @69 @ http://www.realityravings.com/2012/11/02/big-brother-is-michael-in-love/#comment-74817 I do not consider comparing “such an issue with the triviality of Big Brother and then drawing conclusions about the people who post here is laughable”. It is in the same vein. If you can’t see it then your please define your premise behind your stance. Was it just an easy justification for your liking Estelle? If so, I’d be much happier if you just say so – rather than attempt to argue that you stand against bullying – yet pick and choose which situations/people you support.

8 brain dead dave { 11.09.12 at 2:28 am }

Another Moby Dick of moralizing. Yawn. Warble on.

Raking through someone’s Twitter account to support your biased assertions of people flirting and posting them again and again, just tells me what a waste of time reading your stuff is .

Life’s too short for that.

9 Reality Raver { 11.09.12 at 9:09 am }

Not wanting to lower the tone of the conversation however Ben in his live blog on the Daily Tele said there were a few housemate hook ups on the party night? Who were they? Ava and Josh, Layla and Sam and Estelle and ????

By the way I am searching around for interview with Estelle and Layla if you find any can you put the link in here.

10 Calliegirl { 11.09.12 at 9:17 am }

BDD you summed up CommStu ( or the horse, or whatever he is called) his posts are waaaayyyy too long – full of self – and the bits that I scan are quite boring. I’ve been off this blog since Estelle went and haven’t really regretted it. Once again, thanks for your insightful, and witty, posts. From now on I will cringe if, and when, I see Ben anywhere! So smug and full of himself !

11 VioletsRBlue { 11.09.12 at 9:32 am }

There is an interview with the top 3 on BB web side.
Summary of hook ups for them:
Layla: very much an item with Sam. He spend lots if time with her family over the last few days and they are both very much looking forward to their relationship on the outside.

Estelle: not sure about Ryan but she put maybe next to him. She wants to wait and see what will happen. Will be definitely catching up with him.
She said that for sure no making up with Michael again in any near future buy might catch up with him for skating and chicken wings.

Ben: blah, blah, blah… Still can’t get the difference between gossiping (which most people would be fine with!) and nastiness.

12 Stacey { 11.09.12 at 9:43 am }

I think we’re starting to talk circles around this, guys. Good on most of you for engaging in a mature discussion, but no ones changing anybody’s minds by the looks of things.

It’s not about “Oh if you dislike Estelle, you must support bullies” I think thats too fleeting a statement for this situation.
Everybody saw this highly edited show differently, inevitably everyone has a different viewpoint. Its kind of a no-win discussion, as there will always be an argument as to ‘Poor Estelle was a victim’ to ‘Estelle played the victim’.
I personally think that if Estelle was truly bullied, Big Brother and channel 9 would be obligated to step in a mediate, like he has in the past. Certainly she is not the only housemate in the history of BB to be classed as the annoying, go-to nomination HM, only to be saved week in week out.

Anyway, everyone knows how I feel so I’ll just end by saying that I concur with Miss Mars – very well articulated and I agree wholeheartedly with your take on this series, as this is how I also saw it.

As a side note, I think the treatment of Angie and (at times) Bradley is worthy of the same discussion. Alas, no pity party for those two.

13 brain dead dave { 11.09.12 at 9:45 am }

Geez, watching the ginger cockroach eat chicken wings with the way he licks his fingers…not my idea of a good night out.

Zero interest now with Ben for me and have avoided his media material. I haven’t read the Tele link that RR put up ,what I was wondering is will or did Bradley get lucky. I thought BB might open a few doors, not to mention legs for him.

You’re welcome , as always, Calliegirl #110..

Once again , Stacey, I posted twice about occasions where Ben bullied Bradley, when it happened, so forgive me for oiling squeaky wheels and fixing the dripping taps that bang on and on and on here.

14 Nathan 1 { 11.09.12 at 10:05 am }

@112
we can talk circles- it doesnt change what happened.
u percieve one thing and others perceive it differently.
i dont like the way angie and bradley were treated either..but they werent in there right until the end,so the ill treatment never crystallized as much as it did as with estelle as far as im concerned.
pity parties….thats nice.

15 Stacey { 11.09.12 at 10:06 am }

BDD – If you’re referring to the water chucking incident and the ‘hideous body’ comment, I agree that this is true bully behaviour, but it’s also the only type of which I saw in the house. I hope I am not one of the banging taps.

16 brain dead dave { 11.09.12 at 10:18 am }

#115 Yes, those were the incidents.

Last night you were going to post that you thought the water throwing incident was a joke ….but you took it out with the edit function. I did see that. Today , you agree it is bullying. It’s okay to change your mind.

17 Stacey { 11.09.12 at 10:28 am }

I took it out mainly because I didn’t want an argument, but that is how I feel. So I’ll explain.
I basically meant that Ben didn’t mean it to be hurtful, more playful I guess. And Bradley has probably never been socially shocked like that, stemming from his own behaviour. It was just a plain weird situation, and definately not something I condone, but I don’t think he did it to really hurt Bradleys feelings, just more of a ‘shock value’ action.
Some of Benjamins later behaviour in the house is on par, if not worse. Its like he had to cover it up with getting a laugh for TV.

18 brain dead dave { 11.09.12 at 11:14 am }

Yeah, you probably saw my comment #74, Stacey. You’re not a dripping tap. I’d posted that I’d seen seen Ben as a funny and lovable bitch up til that time-and that he was certainly not boring compared to the other h/mates, but this incident probably helped me to jump on the Estelle train. This is the roller coaster ride of reality TV

I voted twice to save Bradley, in spite of my intense dislike for Ch9 and desire not to give them any money.

I did neglect , I admit to throw a pity party for Angie because Ben did do a job on her with the two pot screamer, “Frank ” persona he lumbered her with. I agree that in Ben’s mind he may have thought that was being playful, too. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, someone said.

19 Janenowdaisy { 11.09.12 at 11:40 am }

I think playful water throwing comes after something friendly or playful but when it is the next reponse to someone saying something you don’t like I think there’s quite a bit of rage behind it. Afterwards Ben was saying he didn’t like what Bradley said so I detect the rage.
I wasn’t commenting back then but yes even at home I didn’t really see how really awful some of the ways that Angie and attacked did become even more apparent as we got to see Michael and Ben continue their nasty power play and backstabbling. I think some of the nastiness Bradley of which Bradley was continually accused was due to the fact that he knew he needed to fit in with that nasty crowd and maybe was the experts that they were. Also they had one rule for themselves and another for others. As for Angie, I didn’t love her but I admire that she was REAL. Probably one of the most genuine of the series. From Sarah on they seemed to lectue-bash a few hms, namely Angie and Estelle. Although you’d want people to genuine with you do we really want someone constantly harrassing us to conform to their behavior norms. Once in a rare while a trusted friend or family member might pull us aside and want to have a word but really Ben and Sarah were just too much. Dorothy Dix, if you’re old enough to recall the name. Good luck to Angie she could have gone a further if the power group (never the in-crowd as far as I could see) hadn’t hi-jacked her as they tried to do with Estelle. The so called in crowd were really like the revenge of the nerds. There just were more of them.

20 Janenowdaisy { 11.09.12 at 11:49 am }

Sorry for the jumbled sentences. I’ll proof read next time.

21 Bakerboy { 11.09.12 at 11:50 am }

Hi Jane Now Daisy @ 99,

Wow, thank you for that:-)!
Every bloke loves to be called Hot by a group of girls:-)!
Now, I am chuffed:-)!

Talking about Hot, you and your girlfriends would love my cakes:-)!
Strawberry and Hazelnut Gateau. strawberries, chocolate and chantilly cream with a meringue style hazelnut base and top. Divinely delicious!
Black Forest Torte (Shwatzwalder kirschtorten) made to a recipe from the Bavarian region of Germany. A rich dark chocolate triple layer cake that has a cherry liqueur flavour and a meringue style texture to it, filled with black cherries, chantilly cream, and a few other secrets that makes each spoonful explode with flavour in your mouth. Delectable pleasure to eat!
Peaches and Cream: this triple layer cake is made with a delicate French style genovese that is moist with a hint of lemon and vanilla, filled with sweet liqueur, peaches, chantilly cream and another delightful surprise, topped with homemade lemon jelly. I discovered this cake in a bakery in Vilnius, Lithuania. No other way to describe this cake, except….sex on spoon:-)!
Plus….my huge range of homemade cheesecakes. Real cheesecake, where every spoonful is a delight to eat; where after one piece of cheesecake, you want another, and another, and every mouthful tastes as good as the last one.

As you might have guessed by now, my favourite reality show is MC and MKR.

Hopefully I will see you and all of the other regulars on this blog then:-)?

Peace, good will, and good luck to you all; it has been a lot of fun:-)! Merry Christmas to everybody:-)!

BakerBoy.

22 Janenowdaisy { 11.09.12 at 11:55 am }

They will die when I show them your comment. Coincidently last night we came to comparing food to sex, I said food, they said sex. But sounds like you say we can have our cake and eat it too.
(Please, when I am joking add a pinch of salt).

23 brain dead dave { 11.09.12 at 11:56 am }

The prize money for second and third is so pitiful for three months of having the producers cherry pick the housemates’ worst behaviors and personality traits.

Cheers to you, too Bakerboy. I’ll miss your vote for Estelle spiels.

24 Janenowdaisy { 11.09.12 at 11:59 am }

BDD Dave. Absolutely, that’s about 3-8 weeks wages, depending. Or one week’s wage for Estelle if you can believe how $$$$$$ some are saying she is. We thought it should have been more like $50 000 or $100 000.

25 Janenowdaisy { 11.09.12 at 12:12 pm }

PS Bakerboy, I may have to burst your bubble a bit. When I say “girls”, I hope you aren’t imagining cute 20 somethings. Once long ago ….

26 Bakerboy { 11.09.12 at 12:45 pm }

LOL:-)!
I love your posts JND:-)!

I say that food and sex are two of lifes simple pleasures. Both should be indulged in and enjoyed in whatever manner pleases each person the most:-)!

No bubbles burst here:-).
All good fun:-)!
I am still chuffed:-)!

Thanks too BDD:-).
I laugh so often at your witty comments:-)! I look forward to reading them on the next blog.
I reckon RR could create a hall of fame for the funniest comments on his blog. Your comments would provide the bulk of the content.
Love your work mate:-).

27 Janenowdaisy { 11.09.12 at 1:01 pm }

Oh it’s my birthday today and you both just gave me the BEST presents. Thanks!!!!!!

28 CommStu signing off { 11.09.12 at 1:37 pm }

One final comment and I won’t even mention Estelle. (My hols are over tomorrow so thank you everybody for some great debate – even if I may not have been in the right forum.)

I really am puzzled how no one came to the defence of Angie. I really felt for her when she slept by herself in the lounge. I’m starting to think it is all about how someone reacts to situations. Imagine if in the pool that, rather than biting back, that she’d began sniffling and cowering in response to Layla’s bitchy taunts re:hickey? Would she have gotten more sympathy then?

I’m puzzled by the sudden turnaround of perceptions when the potential ‘victim’ then stands up for themselves. We recently watched ‘You Again’ (2010) a movie where a girl who was severely bullied in high school is later horrified to find out that her brother is then planning to marry her primary tormentor. She attempts to extract an apology from her in order to forgive and forget but to no avail – first denial then outright bitchiness again. Finally at the pre-wedding dinner the former victim whips out a video from the past which perfectly captures the bully’s awful treatment towards her, yet instead of her finally receiving the comfort and sympathy and apology she wanted she is castigated for ruining the wedding?!?! Her brother refuses to talk to her, parents tut tut etc…

Of course there is some sort of resolution – I won’t spoil the movie in case anyone wants to bother to watch it – but isn’t it strange that the world awards sympathy and compassion to cowards (harsh but true) but once a person is capable of standing up for themselves everyone else distances themselves away from either party or even sides with the original bully if the victims response comes back too forcefully???

Interesting don’t you think?

Isn’t really what we are talking about re:bullying v bitching really then just an issue about defending the ‘weak’ rather than the actual actions themselves? It seems that many of you would have no problem throwing a glass of water back into Ben’s face. Same action, different ‘victim’.

What do you think? I think I’ve come back to my original conclusion that no matter how someone behaves, if you have a soft spot for them you will support and defend them no matter what. Simple as that. So all along this arguing about bullying was simply a waste of time. But interesting and valuable nonetheless.

29 Golo i Wesolo { 11.09.12 at 1:46 pm }

It’s amazing how the pro-bullies are now using the fact that we haven’t spoken about Angie and Bradley as a defense for Benjamin’s disgusting behaviour. How does that even make sense?

What Benjamin did to Angie and Bradley was equally horrible, yes, and I totally and wholeheartedly agree that they deserves justice for what Benjamin did to them as well. But the reason we haven’t talked about them in recent memory is because they weren’t in the house at the end, not because we have a “sore spot” for Estelle…

I thought that was so obvious that it didn’t need to be said, but I guess it wasn’t.

30 Melinda { 11.09.12 at 2:07 pm }

@ CommStu – I’m sorry, but reading your posts makes me feel like banging my head against a brick wall.

Also, the housemates had no control over whether Estelle was included in family dinners, meetings and tasks. So your point is moot.

31 Bakerboy { 11.09.12 at 2:40 pm }

CommStu,

Thank you for the great debates mate. I enjoyed them, even if we didnt see eye to eye:-).

I really admire the empathy and social justice elements of your blogs. We agree on quite a number of things; just not all of them.

With regard to Angie, I agree that she was also given a very rough ride in the house. I cringed terribly at some of the behaviour that she had to put up with, and yes, I agree that it also constituted bullying and ostracising.
There is no excuse for that kind of behaviour.
That is a blunt statement of fact.

I felt terribly for Angie.
Unfortunately, she engaged in verbally beating Estelle up behind her back as much as any other HM in the house. She said quite a few nasty things.
Just because a few of us didnt stand up for her, that does not mean that we advocated the way that she was treated.
It is more difficult to defend someone though when they are in the thick of the action.
The difference between Angie and Estelle was that Angie gave as good as she got. She bitched, and she got bitched about. Estelle on the other hand did not bitch, yet she got bagged and bitched about incessantly.

I never warmed to Angie in the same way that I did Estelle for the simple fact that Estelle’s behaviour in the house defined her as a person that I really liked and understood.
Once Angie was evicted, that was the end of the matter for me.

With all of these subjects being debated at length, it has been interesting and fun, but nobody has really changed their position on the matter.
For that reason I have just let the matter rest and have avoided engaging in any more debates.
It has been fun, but now it is over.

Now that BB is over and a HM has won who I did not support, I just accept that BB is a reality show; that it is a bit like a lap dance; it promises so much and is so enjoyable to engage in, but at the end of the day is a big let down with no satisfaction or happy ending (sic). Well,……not for me anyway:-)!

Have a good one CommStu:-).

See you at the next blog.

32 CommStu signing out { 11.09.12 at 2:48 pm }

Cheers Bakerboy,

I have truly enjoyed reading your posts – even if we disagree!

I have worn my brain out so I’m actually relieved that the show & this blog is all over. But I had fun.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone’s toes (or ‘heads’ @Melinda 😉 ). I tried to play fair.

33 Bakerboy { 11.09.12 at 2:57 pm }

Hey….Jane Now Daisy,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY:-)!!!

That must make you a Scorpio:-)?

I have the pleasure of knowing one Scorpio in my group of friends, and she is an incredibly warm, loving, caring lady with an absolute heart of gold!
If her personality is anything to go by, then you must be a very lovely person:-)!

I hope you have a great year:-)!

34 Izobel2 { 11.09.12 at 4:06 pm }

Hey Baker Boy, u had me at Black Forest Torte! Seeya at the MKR and MC blog :-)

35 Stacey { 11.09.12 at 4:32 pm }

Every time Ange opened her mouth someone was there to jump down it, don’t forget Estelle was often one of these people. The only difference is that when someone would do it to Estelle she would just take it by swearing that she had done no wrong and had a cry about it. Fair enough, some of us deal with things like that.
Ange would stand up for herself and vow to not take anyones crap, so everyone knew that Ange was not going to let people walk all over her. So when they did she seemed to be more hurt and defensive by the behaviour towards her than Estelles ‘whatever, if they don’t like me that’s their problem’ attitude, which never gets anyone on side.
While I respect Estelle for not having a complete mental breakdown over the fact that most of the HMs found her grating, I dont have sympathy for her because nothing the HMs did really had any effect on her. She’d just cop it on the chin and get over it. Why jump to the defense of someone who didn’t need it? She proved shes a big girl.

36 Janenowdaisy { 11.09.12 at 4:46 pm }

Baker@131 Not only hot but vsmart as well.

37 Janenowdaisy { 11.09.12 at 4:51 pm }

Baker@103. No just a dag. But note Isobel2@132. You’ll have all the girls after you now. I wonder if RR will have to protect you from on-line stalking. See you on MR and MC. If you go on for real …don’t be a villain!

38 A.P { 11.11.12 at 9:49 pm }

BAKERBOY, will you be going on The Great Australian Bake Off because your cakes sound divine! Are you a chef/ baker already?
I MISS BIG BROTHER!