The X Factor – The Final Four – Fight It Out For The Finale

There were allegations in Woman’s Day this week that The Collective have already got The X Factor sewn up, and it looks like they have.

To be fair they probably should win however they have had a lot of help. Not only have they had far more publicity than than the other acts but they have also been in the lucky last spot three times, and tonight was one of them.

Also to note that I am a hypocrite I did write a blog post saying it was difficult for groups to win these competitions, The Collective have clearly gotten over those obstacles.

Also no surprise that Jason was given the first spot in the show on a night they had to sing two songs. They must be desperately hoping he does not make it to the final next week.  After his first song, Life Is A Highway, the judges were positive about him but mentioned nothing about his vocals.  When they were praising him it was all about his journey and transformation. His second song of the evening, Leanne Rimes’s How Do I Live Without You? ,  did not hit great heights either.

Conversely Samantha Jade is peaking at the right time of the competition with her two songs probably her best of the series. The Rhianna song was the best performance of the episode with a powerful vocal performance.Does she have the fan base to push her through to next week? Hopefully.

Show favourite Bella Ferraro was a bit shaky on both her songs but particularly her first one Bulletproof.  – Guy thought it looked challenging and applauded her for giving it a go. Mel B thought her voice is  better than that and did not think it was very Bella. Once Mel B was critical Guy jumped back in to be a bit more terse. Nat B had to sit there and listen to them bitch about how bad the song choice was.

She did manage to redeem herself a bit in the Kate Miller Heidke song Last Day On Earth however Guy thought she struggled with the high notes. She is in definite danger of going home tomorrow.

The Collective sang both their songs well and showed why they should win. What was amusing in their first song Apologise,  the boy band member who sang a solo at the beginning has barely been sighted before.

One of the judges will lose a singer tomorrow night and won’t have an act in the finale. Jason should be the one t go but he has never hit the bottom two, so chances are it will be Bella who will be eliminated.

Who would you like to see in The X Factor finale next week?

1 Eliza { 11.12.12 at 11:48 pm }

Samantha, The Collective and Bella – they all more than deserve to be there. Sure Jason is a nice guy but he doesn’t have the talent that the others do. He has definitely come a long way though.

Samantha was on fire tonight! I did a quick Google search on her and she has been around for quite some time. Hopefully now is her time – she has the talent but I am not sure that she has the spark that she needs to be a star like Katy Perry and the like, which is a shame.

I do wish that Ronan had given each of the members of The Collective more time in the spotlight. It makes it seem as though a few of them are just coasting by. Zach did a good job starting the performance – why isn’t he and the other one who is also usually relegated to the background given more solos seeing as they tout themselves as a strong group vocally..

I hope you are wrong RR and that it is Jason who goes home.

2 VioletsRBlue { 11.13.12 at 12:24 am }

I agree Eliza it’s time to go for Jason. He us definitely the weakest of the four. Samantha has really surprised me tonight. I kind if like her before although Bella was always my favorite. But tonight Samantha has completely blow me away! She was outstanding! She made the others look very amateurish. The collective is much weaker vocally I believe than Sam and Bella. They are current and modern etc but nowhere as artistic as Bella or as strong vocally as Sam. I think that it will be a real scheme if anyone but Jason goes home.

3 Fiona { 11.13.12 at 2:08 am }

Samantha and The Collective are the strongest and should definitely be in the Finale. Bella was pitchy in the first song and it highlighted her flat style of singing unfortunately, like the second song better but Guy was right – she never managed to hit the high note once during the song, which was a shame. Didn’t like the portraits either. Jason was doing his thing, his likeability might just run out this week – who knows. Samantha is streets ahead of all of them technically and performance-wise, very polished and believable, and she has looked immaculate every week – love her gown tonight, super elegant.

4 chasing vegas { 11.13.12 at 7:53 am }

Really hope Samantha Jade pulls off the upset win over the The Collective. Don’t think much of Bella & Jason, our music scene does not need another Shannon Noll or Missy Higgins! Nathaniel should have been there with Samantha & The Collective at the end. It was so nice watching last night not having to listen to Shiane wail thru her songs.

5 Reality Raver { 11.13.12 at 7:54 am }

Eliza – I hope so too. I have been predicting most weeks that Jason would go and of course I was wrong.

VioletsRBlue and Fiona – it was the first time I could see Samantha Jade becoming a pop star.

6 VioletsRBlue { 11.13.12 at 8:35 am }

Yes, it was first time for me to Really take notice of Samantha and think WOW! She was always kind of good but there was something missing for me to really want her to be in the final. I believed that she was good but somewhat ‘robotic’ and a bit manufactured. Last night was the first time that I could really feel her song. She us definitely picking at the right moment so good on her!

If Jason, as nice as he might be as a person, will not go tonight that I do not know what’s going on!

7 Veronicali { 11.13.12 at 10:06 am }

Putting the boi group in the last spot means the tweens have to watch to the end of the show!
I’ve become bored with it this year, don’t remember to watch. Bella peaked at audition. As did Shiane – parents should’ve waited a couple years, work on her admitted ‘enunciation’ problems. Jason has become suspiciously polished!

8 A.P { 11.13.12 at 10:17 am }

I’ve said all along that ” The Collective ” will win as I think the time is right for a band.
There has already been two male singers as winners ( if you count Altiyan ) so there is the push for a band or female singer to win The X Factor this time.
Jason is nice but not good enough and Bella always looks angry for some reason, I think she would be very moody and difficult to work with.
Samantha was great last night and deserves to be there at the end with ” The Collective “

9 Christina { 11.13.12 at 10:30 am }

Samantha was wow! Agree The Collective have had way more advertising….but were at least good last night! Bella has a lovely voice, but she didn’t show it off, nor did she even look like she wanted to be there?? It’s Jason’s time to go.

10 Eliza { 11.13.12 at 10:46 am }

I have always liked Samantha but agree that there was that something missing. Last night was definitely a step in the right direction for her to have an international career.

I have been wondering for weeks what’s going on re Jason continually making it through. I love his determination though.

RR, maybe now that you have not predicted that he will go home, he will!!

11 KJ { 11.13.12 at 11:16 am }

Jason has made it much further than he should have based on talent alone, but Australia does love a battler and a nice guy, and Jason covers both. Samantha is hitting her straps at the right time, and is a polished consistant performer, I’m hoping she makes it through. Bella was wobbly, and will be in the bottom 2 for sure, but I’m still hoping she’ll make it through. The Collective…. meh. They’ll win it even though they’re a boring One Direction clone, put out one album and never be heard from again. International superstars? I don’t think so.

12 brain dead dave { 11.13.12 at 1:20 pm }

I fell asleep before The Cullective’s second song. Just lucky, I guess.

If life’s a highway, then thanks for the aural roadkill , Jason.

13 Chunks { 11.13.12 at 3:53 pm }

There will be no justice in the world if Jason gets through. He’s as bland as unsalted potato soup. Samantha is the one who deserves to win. Every performance has been a step up from the last and she blew everyone out of the water this time. Bella deserves better than Natalie as a mentor I’m afraid. She is clueless when it comes to song choices. Why didn’t she give her a Julia Stone song or something by Seeker Lover Keeper? Hopeless and I suspect she’ll be dumped tonight as a consequence.

14 VioletsRBlue { 11.13.12 at 6:37 pm }

Yes Chunks I totally agree that Nat is a hopeless mentor. She is consistently selected wrong sings for her. I must say that I have gain a lot of respect for Mel as she makes good comments (in fact best comments I think and I usually tend to agree with her). She would have been a much better mentor for Bella. Imagine were Jason would have been if he had the luck of getting Nat! She is definitely clueless!

15 Dr T { 11.13.12 at 8:50 pm }

Wife was waiting for Winners and Losers to start… I don’t watch this show – no cooking

Caught the announcer giving the verdict as to which of the final two teams had made it through to next week… thought he was having an abscence seizure, he went silent for 3 minutes!

16 Georgie { 11.13.12 at 9:04 pm }

Dr T, the producers think that engineered drama creates suspense, when in actual fact it just annoys the crap out of everyone.

17 Dr T { 11.13.12 at 9:06 pm }

It didn’t annoy the crap out of me yet (still on the laxatives) – I just wanted to poke my eye out (my glass one)

18 VioletsRBlue { 11.13.12 at 9:22 pm }

Who the hell is voting for Jason???? I just don’t get it! There is something fishy going on! I admit he is sweet etc etc but recording artist material? Weird. Maybe Mel is voting for him herself! You know the judges egos are at stake!

19 Georgie { 11.13.12 at 9:35 pm }

The whole of Jason’s home town must be voting for him – all twelve of them! There’s not a lot to do in Albert, so SMS is a popular past-time.

20 Dakota { 11.14.12 at 5:47 am }

Hey Everyone, sorry if someone’s already made the observation on here, but if you watch The Collective’s 2nd performance back (“Yeah 3x”) you’ll notice that Zach? (the guy that was referred to as “barely sighted” who sang first in Apologise) is barely singing during the song and at times is caught on camera and hastily resumes… I love the Collective don’t get me wrong, but is that common with boy bands these days? And on a brighter note, Trent is doing amazing vocals for them so I wouldn’t have noticed if the camera wasn’t on the non-singer LOL. Love the site still RR =D Dak.

21 Jason Fan { 11.14.12 at 11:55 am }

What on earth do you people have against Jason ,is he too clean cut for you lot ,I noticed he,s the only one that has’nt been in the bottom 2 so some people must think he,s good and he only comes from a town of 12 people .you can understand him when he sings and has got the looks the voice ,so give the guy a chance as much as the others .

22 Stacey { 11.17.12 at 4:51 pm }

Fiona – I laughed so hard at your ‘streets ahead’ comment! Pierce Hawthorne all the way.