Foxtel Go App – Means You Can Watch Foxtel On IPad Anywhere, Anytime

All the Networks appear to be release apps and Foxtel is no exception and the Foxtel Go app is a handy tool for Foxtel or Austar subscribers.

The great thing about it is that means the viewer is able to watch Foxtel anywhere in Australia and not having to be tied at home to their TV. So when you are on holidays or away for business you can still watch your favourite shows. Please note it is geo blocked overseas so you won’t be able to watch the Real Housewives whilst sipping a cocktail beside a pool in Bali.

However if a big new story is breaking and you are out and about you can click on Sky News and find out what is going on or if your partner is watching sport on your tv at home you can be watching something else on your Ipad.

Or your out to dinner and your kids are getting restless it could come in very handy indeed. It also now fits with our instant gratification lifestyle –  I want to watch the show when I want it, where I want it now, as it also has a catch up service.

Here is the essential information about the app:

Foxtel customers* can watch Foxtel Go on their iPad simply by downloading the Foxtel Go App from the App Store – it’s a new way to experience television, anytime, on the go.

Available to residential customers* included as part of their subscription, Foxtel Go offers 21 live channels including lifestyle, kids, music, live English Premier League, and dedicated 24-hour news channels, plus catch up episodes from hundreds of titles with award-winning drama, documentaries, as well as the edgiest shows from around the world express from the US.

The Foxtel Go live channels available now include The LifeStyle Channel, A&E, Sky News, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, Disney, Cartoon Network, Channel [V], Cbeebies and dedicated sports channels such as SPORTS PLAY Powered by FOX SPORTS (live sport highlights are Rugby Union, Cricket, A-League and Tennis), FOX SPORTS PLUS 1, 2 3 and 4 which are four Barclays Premier League specially programmed football channels, and Eurosport.

Catch up titles include ROVE LA (FOX8), The Walking Dead (FX), Magic City (SoHo), Territory Cops (CI Network), The Only Way is Essex (LifeStyle YOU), Project Runway Australia (Arena), Grand Designs Australia (The LifeStyle Channel), Aqua Teen Hunger Force (The Comedy Channel), Haven (13th Street), Duck Dynasty (A&E), MegaTruckers (A&E), Gossip Girl (FOX8), Vampire Diaries (FOX8), Wicked Tuna (National Geographic Channel), Deadliest Catch (Discovery Channel), Copper (FX), Married to Jonas (E!), The Amazing World of Gumball (Cartoon Network), Gravity Falls (Disney), Harry Connick Jnr. Live on Broadway (Studio) and Spooks (UKTV).

Jim Rudder, Foxtel Executive Director of Product said, “Foxtel has always been about giving our customers more value for their subscription. The new Foxtel Go App does just that. It’s easy to download on iPad and the user interface is simple and intuitive.

“Today’s launch, however, is just the beginning of our mission to give our customers the content they love anytime whether they’re home or out and about. Over the coming months we’ll be announcing a number of initiatives which will extend our customers’ ability to take their Foxtel with them.”

*Foxtel Go is only available on iPads with iOS 5 and higher. A Foxtel residential cable or satellite subscription with a STU and a Foxtel online account linked to a subscription account are required. Customers will see channels and content from the channels they subscribe to only. Two iPad devices can be running Foxtel Go at the same time linked to the one account. The Foxtel Go App includes Remote Record directly to the iQ or MyStar. Foxtel Go will be available over 3G/4G networks as well as WiFi. Recommended Internet speeds apply. Internet connection required. ISP and data charges may apply. Video quality may vary according to 3G/4G and WiFi service. Not available to Optus TV featuring Foxtel, Foxtel on Xbox 360, Foxtel on Internet TV or Foxtel on T-Box customers. Only available for use in Australia.

1 Cheryl { 11.15.12 at 11:51 am }

It’s a bit buggy at the moment, mine freezes on catchup programs sometimes, and you can’t stream from the iPad to tv via HDMI as only the sound goes through. Other than that it’s great.

2 Reality Raver { 11.15.12 at 11:54 am }

Cheryl – thanks for the feedback I also just realised it means I can watch tv in bed.

3 Rachel @ Reality Chick { 11.15.12 at 12:10 pm }

OMG!!! You have made my day. Bet it doesn’t work on my ipad for some ridiculous reason though. Will have to check…

4 Glen { 11.15.12 at 1:27 pm }

Just keep an eye on your internet download limits!

5 Warble { 11.15.12 at 2:46 pm }

The current channels are not primarily ones I frequent so I doubt I’ll use it much but should they expand into all your contracted channels, it will be brilliant.

6 Gabby { 11.16.12 at 11:38 am }

Thanks for that Info RR. I have downloaded the app and it is great.
I have watched a couple of shows and the quality is exceptional. Much better than the ABC I view. I love it. I can watch my Austar anywhere now, thanks again!

7 Golo i Wesolo { 11.17.12 at 3:59 pm }

“Please note it is geo blocked overseas so you won’t be able to watch the Real Housewives whilst sipping a cocktail beside a pool in Bali.”

Wrong.

Hello iPad, meet VPN!

8 vivien Johnson { 11.29.12 at 11:04 am }

When will this be available for other tablets,e.g. Samsung galaxy ?

9 Helen { 03.17.13 at 1:25 pm }

What Foxtel need to do is get rid of the amount of adverts they show. It’s ridiculous. We joined years ago because we wanted to watch tv programs ad free, no we’ve had to get IQ in order to record programs (which is great) so then we can skip the ads which we still have to do manually. Because we are paying so much for this service you would think there would be less advertising, some shows it’s like watching free to air. In the near future I will be cancelling subscription as free to air have a lot more programs now – and I don’t mind ads if it’s free tv.

10 Gabby { 03.17.13 at 3:37 pm }

Hi Helen, me again! You are so right, Foxtel and their ads are shocking. They have as many if not more than free to air. I will NEVER, watch a show live. I tape absolutely everything and then watch. I will not give them the satisfaction of sitting through their ads.
People say to me, “Did you see such and such an ad”?
“No” I reply, “I don’t watch ads”.
I don’t, I detest them and I am with you, to think I pay Foxtel and I am now paying for ads is really rubbing me the wrong way.
I am not ready to cancel my subscription yet and will keep on taping.

11 Daisy { 03.17.13 at 4:06 pm }

I never watch ads either Gabby. If I don’t pre-record and ff then I use ad breaks to check RR or make a cuppa. Most viewing is prerec.

12 Helen { 03.18.13 at 1:23 am }

Hi Gabby, I really don’t want to cancel but the next time they put the price up, I will. There are other things I could be spending that money on. TV isn’t everything but at the end of the day I like to be able to watch something I like (so at the moment it’s what I’ve got on my IQ)

13 Gabby { 03.18.13 at 3:56 pm }

Hi Helen, I will keep paying as there are quite a few shows that I enjoy to watch and I don’t spend a lot of money on myself these days so it is a small luxury I allow myself. It doesn’t keep from being annoyed at the frequency of the ads they keep on shoving in.
What is this IQ you mentioned, I haven’t a clue what it is? Cheers.

14 Helen { 03.22.13 at 11:24 pm }

Hi Gabby, the IQ is the set top box for HD subscribers. I can record and series link all my programs so I make sure I get every episode without having to manually set it. It means I can also rewind live tv and it records 2 programs at the same time. Pretty handy, what would make it perfect is once I set to record I don’t get ANY ads, at the moment I FF through them but for the subscription I pay they should take them out. Just an idea.

15 Gabby { 03.25.13 at 9:41 pm }

Helen, I am with you. My Foxtel box does all that, I love it. I have never heard it called I.Q. before. I would be lost without being able to do all of these things. I love new technology, as you said what would make it absolutely perfect, would be taking the ads out for us! Have you decided on ending your subscription yet?

16 Helen { 03.26.13 at 9:10 pm }

Gabby – I won’t end subscription yet (kids wouldn’t let me anyway) but should there be a price increase or I get really fed up with ads then I will seriously consider it. It will be hard to go back to free-to-air but it wouldn’t kill us to watch that and I know you can get digital boxes which also pause & rewind live tv and record programs so it’s not all the bad. I would miss a few of my favourite though. I could always download them, all my friends download series from the internet anyway.

17 Afra Glancy { 03.30.13 at 4:43 pm }

I am getting so few up with the adds on Foxtel and the price is getting ridiculous I thing I would do better going to the video shop once a week for movies and watching free to air TV the rest on the time most of the time I can’t find anything that is worth watching as mostly they are repeats that I have seen a dozen times I could get rid of 2/3rds of the channels as I never watch them why can’t there be a deal that we can choose only the channels we are interested in and not have to pay for dozens of channels that we never watch. We have been with Foxtel since the very beginning and we have never been offered anything in the way of incentive to stay with you, there always seems to be deals going to get new customers and never anything to loyal customers that have been with you for years paying thousands of dollars a year. Not very happy at all, and like others if the price goes up again I will certainly be disconnecting the service.

18 A.P { 03.30.13 at 5:32 pm }

Totally agree with you there, its a waste of money really.

19 Lyn blackwood { 04.08.13 at 6:07 pm }

Can I record and watch afl football on my ipad. I have Foxtell Go but can never get afl football only rugby or soccer

20 John H { 05.20.13 at 9:36 pm }

There are thousands of Pay Tv customers who took out contracts under the provision of AD Free Pay Tv. These contracts have not been altered so Foxtel is showing ads to these people illegally.
Watch out for a class action this year

21 Spicer { 05.21.13 at 2:24 pm }

I have foxtel GO and have IQ, will i be able to watch NRL live from South Africa?