Celebrity Splash – Matthew Mitcham In Talks To Be On The Show

Celebrity Splash the celebrity diving reality TV show and our highest profile diver Matthew Mithcham is in talks to be on the show as a mentor. It is also rumoured Jules Lund and Fifi Box might be the hosts of the show.

Matthew Mitcham is also on the publicity circuit at the moment promoting his new biography Twists and Turns, which reveals the ups and downs of his life.

One thing that is revealed is he struggled with a crystal meth addiction before the 2012 Olympics. Thankfully he has overcome this.

However that is not the most scandalous thing to have happened to Matthew is not his drug addiction but the fact after winning a gold medal at the Beijing Olympics that he could barely get an endorsement upon his return. This was possibly due to him being openly gay.

For the full story on Matthew Mitcham go to the SMH.

Celebrity Splash will screen on SEVEN in 2013 and currently I appear one of the few to have any enthusiasm for the show.

1 Rachel Retrogoddess { 11.17.12 at 10:32 am }

I think he would be great in his role. He has the personality and the knowledge to do it.

2 Golo i Wesolo { 11.17.12 at 1:26 pm }

Homos are flooding our screens…

Save us!

3 A.P { 11.17.12 at 5:13 pm }

I think Matthew would be a good addition to the show as they definitely need someone who knows what they’re talking about and to give advice etc, but Fifi and Jules both irritate me so that alone could put me off watching Celebrity Splash.
They also need some really good well known celebrities to participate.

4 Stacey { 11.17.12 at 5:45 pm }

I cant really imagine this show taking off here – reminds me of a less fun version of ‘Wipeout’, and I definately wont be tuning in if Fifi and Jules get the hosting gig. Surely there is enough up and coming talent that can do a better job…

Anyway, shame to hear about Matt’s meth addiction but good to see hes overcoming it. Very random, I had no idea.

5 Morgan { 11.18.12 at 12:42 am }

I think it’s time you headed back to your trailer park, Golo. Really sick of reading your comments.

6 Culinary Boner { 11.19.12 at 9:26 am }

This show is looking increasingly like a wet version of Dancing with the Stars but with even more filler.
Given the average high-dive takes 2 seconds from launch to splash, what are they going to do to fill in the rest of the time?

7 ProudDad { 11.19.12 at 8:03 pm }

re Golo #2

If no1 son makes it through the masterchef auditions in Brisbane on 10/12 there will be at least one other – so in your face .

8 Reality Raver { 11.19.12 at 8:13 pm }

Golo – if you don’t gay people probably best not to watch reality TV. Your attitude is a tad 1950’s. LA Times had this great article that links reality TV and how it how it has more diversity on the screens than drama ever has done. They say that this may have helped in getting legal marriage across the line in three states in the US elections a few weeks ago. http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-reality-tv-gays-acceptance-20121103,0,5369991,full.story

9 Reality Raver { 11.19.12 at 8:28 pm }

Oh Proud Dad hope you son gets through will be great to watch him on TV.