The X Factor – The Penultimate Episode – The Final Three Sing

The final three sang tonight with the hope that their voice and their fans would get them over the line.

You wonder if fans are set on the one singer or whether the performances tonight by Samantha Jade, Jason or The Collective will tempt the viewer to vote for them?

It was home visits time and it did confirm there was smoke and mirrors with Samantha Jade’s and Jason’s back story (see previous blog post here). Jason went to Albert the little town of twelve where they insinuates he lives, and then he is at his parents house which is definitely not in Albert!

Again Samantha Jade went to visit the factory where she worked in Perth. Yes her father was there as he owns it however they never told the viewer this. Also just in case the viewer had realised that they made sure they told and showed us the house where she and her family currently live and saying how small it was!

It is all rather amusing, but shows how a back story is so important to the producers of the show and the contestants.

Jason’s winners single was surprisingly good, as was Samantha Jade’s however it did remind me a bit of a Ricki-Lee number. The Collective’s was OK but suspect they are aiming it at a much younger demographic.

All singers performed well tonight, Jason did his usually pop/country lite schtick I am not seeing an international artist there but he does have an engaging personality.

Samantha Jade sang well and could be the favourite to take out this year’s title as she is peaking at the right time. Whereas the other hot favourite to win is The Collective but they have plateaued in the last couple of weeks.

Which performances did you enjoy? And who do you think will win?

The X Factor Finale on Tuesday night at 7.30pm.

1 Smee { 11.20.12 at 12:06 am }

Samantha is the best by far, however The Collective have 5 x the voting network. Jason is really lucky to have gotten this far. He certainly doesn’t have the ability to last in the business but you are correct he does have an engaging personality. I’m not sure who is voting for Jason but they have certainly kept him in the competition.

I agree with you on the winners song. Samantha’s and Jason’s were catchy but I felt The Collective’s song was a bit same old same old.

I’m looking forward to finding out the who the winner will be.

2 Reality Tidbits – Monday Evening | reality ravings { 11.20.12 at 12:28 am }

[…] by Reality Raver Masterchef UK fans will wondering if there was a conflict of interest on Celebrity Masterchef, as judge John Torode is now dating the winner Lisa Faulkner. To be fair she did win it two years ago and they only started dating this year. Source: Daily Mail […]

3 Stacey { 11.20.12 at 1:05 am }

I agree Smee, I hope Samantha takes it out. The world doesn’t need another boyband and Jason will have some sort of regional career. Ill expect to see him at my local RSL where Andrew Wishart plays every couple of months.

4 chasing vegas { 11.20.12 at 12:15 pm }

Kinda want Samantha to win after the performances last night. You could see the judges itching to give her a standing ovation again last night (after they did for the first song) but were holding back, after songs 2 & 3. Jason singing The Black Keys was woeful…not a good way to finish his campaign… a strategic decision maybe to remind the voting public, that he’s not really that good? Too late for me, i’d already voted after hearing Sammi sing her first song!

5 Chunks { 11.20.12 at 12:25 pm }

Pretty sure Jason stuffed up the words to Annie’s Song. I suspect he’ll win despite the overall blandness. The Collective were in the bottom two a number of times so I wouldn’t be too sure they have the numbers. Their single was a shocker, with nursery rhyme lyrics that make Friday and Call Me Maybe sound like intellectual masterpieces. Okay, it’s pop music, but come on. Hopefully Sam will scrape through to take out the title.

6 A.P { 11.20.12 at 12:35 pm }

Yes, I will have to agree, Samantha deserves to win, she’s a bit like Estelle, never the favourite but fighting her way through to the end. I wasn’t keen on her at first but she is growing on me.
It just depend who is voting because I think the tweenies will still want The Collective to win. They will do okay either way so I don’t mind who wins except for Jason who is likeable but out of his depth here.

7 brain dead dave { 11.20.12 at 1:08 pm }

The appalling dirge that Guy Sebastian wailed at the piano was a train wreck. Did a chimpanzee write the lyrics for that song, or what?

Chunks has pointed out the nursery rhyme lyrics to some of these songs, best savoured with subtitles enabled . Not even the best lasers can hide the mindlessness.

Jason really butchered that Black Keys song. You’d be lucky to find a dozen people who’d want to be close to a racket like that.

The Collective…it’s like watching four Ray Martins . (Or is it five? Care factor.)Yawn.

That just leaves Samantha.

8 Eliza { 11.20.12 at 2:41 pm }

I don’t mind too much who wins out of the collective and samantha. Talent wise jason really shouldn’t be in the running but his supporter base appears to be very strong! Going by the winner’s single though samantha should be the winner hands down. The collectives song was not good.. They lost me completely at “sting like a bee”.. It needed to be more catchy!

P.s did anyone else notice when ronan questioned jason’s albert back story when he saw all the people to greet him?

9 Reality Raver { 11.20.12 at 10:49 pm }

Eliza – I did notice Ronan say something.

10 daisy { 11.22.12 at 10:12 am }

Jason’s voice might suit Cat Stevens or Neil Young or Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. It’s hard for all of the contestants because their mentors all have a BORING style of music and clothing. Yuk, I’d HATE to be modelled by them. They need better mentors but then better mentors are probably busy with their music carreers.