Celebrity Come Dine With Me Australia Kicks Off Series Four

Come Dine With Me Australia has always been a highly entertaining show and after a hiatus it is coming back for series four and there are a couple of format changes.

First they will kick it of they will be doing something new and having a  Celebrity Come Dine With Me Australia week on Tuesday, December 11 at 8.30pm. They will broadcast the show simultaneously across all four LifeStyle channels; The LifeStyle Channel, LifeStyle FOOD, LifeStyle HOME and LifeStyle You.

The contestants will be comedian, Josh Thomas; model and actress, Chloe Maxwell; former English footballer turned model, Kris Smith (Danni Minogue’s ex), and public relations guru and media commentator, Prue MacSween the winner who is the top host is voted by the others, and they win $2000 in prize money for their chosen charity.

The second change for the series is having a weekly hour episode with all four dinner parties shown with the winner announced at the end. Previously there had been five contestants and it was a half hour episode each week night. It will be interesting to see how well we get to know the characters or see the food in this format, however it will certainly be faster paced.

Series four of Come Dine With Me Australia will premiere Tuesday, January 8 at 8.30pm.

Celebrity Come Dine With Me airs Tuesday, December 11 at 8.30pm on The LifeStyle Channel, LifeStyle FOOD, LifeStyle HOME and LifeStyle You.

Come Dine With Me Australia series 4 premieres Tuesday, January 8 at 8.30pm on The LifeStyle Channel.

1 Izobel2 { 11.21.12 at 8:55 am }

Soooo excited about this!
I’m on the stingey Foxtel package but I get the Lifestyle channel and am loving it that it’s not just on Lifestyle Food channel.
What a great show.
The UK version is great too, the voiceover dude makes it.

But I don’t know whether I’d ever like to eat anything Josh Thomas serves up, as he can’t keep his hands out of his messy scruffy hair. It’d be like Michael from BB making you a meal. Yuck!

2 Culinary Boner { 11.21.12 at 9:03 am }

Is James Valentine still doing the narration?
I’m all for the format change.
It’s about time the TV networks realise that large chunks of their target audiences are either too busy or have better things to do than sit watching the same damn show for five nights in a row. Hopefully for this show though they go back to profiling delusional nobodies rather than under-employed ‘celebs’.

3 PollyB { 11.21.12 at 5:50 pm }

Hear, hear, CB.

4 Fee { 01.19.13 at 8:04 pm }

Derek in the come dine with me currently in jan 2013 is a redneck.

This is the problem with this country, too many redneck not open to anyone with special diets ect. What a redneck!!!!

5 Helen { 03.17.13 at 1:50 am }

Well I am a fan of Come Dine with Me (UK). The first series of CDWM Australia was funny but when they get celebrities, it’s so annoying, maybe because their personalities clash or they have no manners or just no idea how to act, it’s just embarrassing and I think we’d prefer to see regular Aussies.

6 Izobel2 { 03.17.13 at 10:43 am }

Helen are you watching CDWM UK on Foxtel at the moment?
Funniest show on TV I reckon!
The characters they get on there are crazy, and the food is usually awful! But they have such fun :)
The voiceover guy cracks me up every time!

7 Helen { 03.17.13 at 12:28 pm }

Izobel2 I am watching CDWM UK at the moment, it’s the only reality tv show that is funny and interesting. Some episodes are a bit boring but they tend to group such different people that it makes it interesting. My favourite Aussie version (not sure which episodes) with Taylor had me in stitches. I have it recorded and still makes me laugh. Funniest attempt at trying to cook in his Nanna’s kitchen ever.

8 Izobel2 { 03.17.13 at 3:07 pm }

My fave episode was a UK Celebrity Come Dine With Me with 4 people I didn’t recognise… but the old lady wanted to cook a roast the size of my house in around and hour and it was raw and then everyone chipped in to help, and they were all drunk.. another fave was a hostess that drank too much and went to sleep while the main was cooking so she slept in her room and the other 3 cooked their own meals so they didn’t starve!
I look forward to it every Tuesday night.