Masterchef: The Professionals – First Look At New Kitchen And Contestants

Masterchef: The Professionals is looking good and I am not just talking about judge Marco Pierre White.

Here we see the first glimpse at the new Masterchef kitchen in Melbourne, and it looks similar but then more eagle eyed readers than myself may be able to spot some differences.

The production looks slick, the drama looks in place, and because they are professionals the cooking should be good.

Since this was promoted as First Look on the TEN website I am going to presume these are the contestants. There are going to eighteen professional chefs, and what is interesting is the demographic is different from the home cook version of the show as there will be a plethora of guys as they are the gender that dominate the cooking profession. Female fans of the show won’t find this a negative thing…

Does anyone recognise anyone in the promo?

Masterchef: The Professionals on Network TEN early 2013.

1 Cheryl { 11.28.12 at 5:47 pm }

Two of the faces looked familiar but I’m not sure if it’s just that they have those kinds of faces or if I’ve seen them before. The promo makes it look like there is going to be a bit of Hell’s Kitchen about it, putting food out for customers rather than just judges which I guess makes sense because if these are professional chefs turning out individual meals is going to be easier than pushing out 20 consistent meals.

Definitely looking forward to this!

2 Morgan { 11.28.12 at 9:25 pm }

Wow, this actually looks good! Argh, why does this have to be on the same time as MKR?

3 Dr T { 11.29.12 at 12:03 am }

Yes, I recognize two people…

MPW and Matt Preston. Can’t help with any of the contestants…

4 Reality Raver { 11.29.12 at 7:35 am }

Dr T I have a blog post for you coming up later today. A casting agency is looking for medical doctors…

5 brain dead dave { 11.29.12 at 11:21 am }

Same as Dr T , I only recognise Jowl$y and MPW . The cravat and the knife brandishing gave those two away.

Not much eye candy for straight guys, Ma$terchef..

6 Joseph Skyrim { 11.29.12 at 2:51 pm }

Saw this come up on the tele and gotta admit, I’m looking forward to spending some time with Marco. 😛

7 Culinary Boner { 11.29.12 at 3:07 pm }

Thanks for posting the ad, Raver.

Couldn’t help but think of the pro chefs as nervous altar boys ‘performing’ for a sadistic priest as they lined up like good little Munchkins displaying their offerings to Marco in that last scene.

Hopefully Marco isn’t just going to repeat the same demand 15 times – “I want my quail, I want my quail,I want my quail, I…”.

At least Ramsay knows you have to mix this staccato up a bit – “I want my quail, where’s my fucking quail, I want my fucking quail, hey you, come here, you call this quail, get out, get out of my fucking kitchen…”

I’ll be muting Marco if he’s going to monosyllabically repeat the same four words over and over. Jowlsy’s also looking a bit too puffed up and proud of himself, which also has me worried.

8 Maz { 11.29.12 at 9:10 pm }

Can’t wait for this.

The tag line is amusing-“18 professional chefs guided by the world’s best” and no G&G.

CB-LOL. Geez I have missed you guys.

9 Fred { 12.01.12 at 5:38 pm }

Where are the hot guys?

10 Helen { 12.02.12 at 6:55 pm }

CB OMG you really made me LOL. I was reading that in Ramsay’s voice in my head.
I’m excited for this!

11 Ree-Ally Teihazbein { 12.23.12 at 5:08 am }

Yawn. Kaching! Kaching! Yawn. Noticed Masterchef may be running out of $$ after all! Notice all the chefs live a stones throw from the studio? Probably has a lot to do with keeping production costs down as it does making the chefs accessible to promote (aka ‘make more money off them’) post production. Way to go, Masterchef! Bleed every last $ from your brand !!!! :)