Ricky Martin The New Coach On The Voice

Ricky Martin will be swivelling the red chairs, not his hips, on The Voice in 2013. It is now official that he is the replacement for Keith Urban.

A Current Affair had the exclusive on the announcement.

It will be interesting to see how he goes with the other judges Delta Goodrem, Joel Madden and Seal. At this stage it is unclear when The Voice Australia will premiere next year.

The Voice Australia on NINE in 2013.

Related Posts

1 daisy { 11.29.12 at 10:07 pm }

So, they could only find ONE Australian singer to fill a panel of 4 judges on an Aussie show….pathetic!!!!!!! I won’t watch it now.

2 daisy { 11.29.12 at 10:17 pm }

“The Voice Australia”…..really???? Perhaps Aussie celeb apprentice might end up with only one Aussie celeb too. Support the Aussie music industry please.

3 Danielle { 11.29.12 at 11:13 pm }

Disappointed! I wanted it to be an Australian singer!

4 bella vita { 11.29.12 at 11:21 pm }

I still think Darren Hayes, Tina Arena, Kylie (obviously) and John Farnham would have been fantastic.
I know John is not interested in doing any sort of TV Talent show, and Tina screwed up by being involved with YTT (when The Voice was trying to get her to sign).

However, I love Ricky Martin. Lovely, humble and hugely talented guy who started in a boy band at age 10 and certainly has experienced the highs and lows of the industry.

5 chasingvegas { 11.30.12 at 7:41 am }

Awesome news, Great choice! now they just need to get creepy Seal outta there!

6 brain dead dave { 11.30.12 at 9:40 am }

The ethnicity of the coaches doesn’t bother me because no matter who it is , the contestants will be flat out trying to sound like Americans anyway. That is la vida loca.

7 Culinary Boner { 11.30.12 at 9:49 am }

…and my money was on Doc Neeson. Or better still Ross Knight from the Cosmic Psychos *sigh*

Instead we get the world’s No. #1 Spice Queen.

8 daisy { 11.30.12 at 9:58 am }

Seal! Avert your lips young girls. Remeber turn to the side very quickly.

9 A.P { 11.30.12 at 10:21 am }

Never liked the show anyway. I do like Ricky Martin though so I would have signed him, got rid of Seal and Delta and replaced them with Tina Arena and mmm, can’t think of anyone else, but definitely an Aussie.

10 Mahlia { 11.30.12 at 12:04 pm }

I don’t mind that he’s not Aussie but he’s a bit of a one-hit-wonder-type-has-been to be mentoring others.

I guess Seal is too and that worked.

11 Adi { 11.30.12 at 12:05 pm }

A bit meh about him. Haven’t heard much from him lately.

12 Veronicali { 11.30.12 at 12:45 pm }

The Voice Australia could at the very least have an Aussie host ffs.

13 daisy { 11.30.12 at 10:18 pm }

Yes we DO have talented, professional, experienced singers. Natalie Imbruglia, Daniel Johns, the guys from Savage Garden, some of the oldies from groups such as Mental as anything. Do the producers of our singing contests not want the Aussies, or do the Aussies not want the gig. So disappointing that musical shows don’t believe in their own musical industry. And does it say to the contestants, if you make it in Australia, we won’t hire you, except when we drag you out a few weeks before next year’s show to pretend we help your career…like they did recently with previous X Factor contestants. They got a few channel 7 TV gigs when this years X Factor was on just for promo.

14 daisy { 12.01.12 at 3:28 pm }

If the producers of the Voice “Australia” (ha!) have such low regard for Aussie talent, then I won’t watch.

15 Ari { 12.01.12 at 5:44 pm }

I too, was also hoping for an Aussie judge. I may not have been born in Australia, but I did grow up here, and I do think that an Aussie version needs Aussie judges. Ricky Martin is a good choice, but there are Aussie talents that could have deserved some recognition.

Otherwise, I was hoping for a certain STYLE. Keith was popular amongst more country and folk type contestants. Sadly, those sort of contestants probably won’t have a solid choice of a judge. I think maybe Kimbra, Matt Corby, Gotye, Julia Stone, Angus Stone, and by a long haul, Justin Vernon (from Bon Iver – but too popular to be a judge right now) would have been appropriate choices.

16 daisy { 12.02.12 at 2:34 pm }

Ari, good point on style variation. Not much variety there now. Unless there’s going to be lots of salsa. There’s no cruisy country.

17 daisy { 12.04.12 at 9:27 am }

Australian music judging panels; where ailing musical careers go to die. Sort of like a retirement village before the last farewell.