Beauty And The Geek Australia – And The Winner Is….

Last night on Beauty and the Geek  Australia Millie and Chard won the $100,000 prize money which they will share. They ended up beating favourites, Kirsty and Jason and Alin and Dane.

The show started with a medieval challenge and finished with a formal dance with public speaking, which made me wonder if they actually scripted it themselves…

They also had to dance. The cast again were lovely this year and it was great to see the guys grow in confidence and hopefully this will have a long term effect on them, however as I said previously there was something about this series that did not make me connect with it as the previous series have.

1 Culinary Boner { 11.30.12 at 9:58 am }

“I’ve grown up with all types of animals,” Millie reveals…. Disclosing her ideal partner as Jack Dawson from Titanic because “he is so romantic and treats his co-star as a princess”, Millie hopes to one day meet her Prince Charming who will be “dressed nicely” and take her on a romantic date “under the stars”.

Based on this, I’m hoping Millie can get a possie on “Itinerant Farm Worker Wants a Wife” next year.

2 chasingvegas { 11.30.12 at 9:59 am }

Alin & Dane would have been more worthy winners. Did anyone else think that Millie during the final scenes looked a little…..how can i put this politely……pregnant? or was it the poor choice in gown? or maybe she just ate an entire BBQ chicken before filming?

3 brain dead dave { 11.30.12 at 10:08 am }

Looking at the photo RR has provided, Chard’s still got a lot to learn. He should be facing the other way.

4 Georgie { 11.30.12 at 11:09 am }

chasingvegas – exactly! I was about to put my comment up about Millie looking suspiciously like she was pregnant and then read your post. As for the gown, I think the style was chosen in the hope it would conceal the bump as much as possible.

If that’s the case, it would appear she’s missed the ‘Prince Charming and romantic dates’ part and just gone for the basics.

5 Culinary Boner { 11.30.12 at 11:41 am }

Maybe next year they can broaden the lame-arsed challenges to include a ‘Who Dunnit? – Bun in the Oven’ dinner party game based on Cluedo but featuring characters with names like Swiss Chard, Millie Vanilli and Great Dane. I’d bring back Bendeguz Daniel Devenyi-Botos* to MC the mystery dinner. I’m also putting my money on Dick Stiff being the culprit.

6 Georgie { 11.30.12 at 11:49 am }

Rofl CB!

I can see the producers getting sued over this. I mean these unlikely couples share a room and a bed if the footage we see is to be believed. What would you expect – even a geek has gonads.

7 chasingvegas { 11.30.12 at 12:00 pm }

Georgie – i knew I wasn’t imagining it. Booey for me if she’s just retaining a bit of water, but it just looked a little suss to me.

8 Culinary Boner { 11.30.12 at 1:32 pm }

If this is indeed true and there’s a little geeklet on the way, just imagine watching “Beauty & the Geek: The Next Generation” in 20 years time.

9 Georgie { 11.30.12 at 2:02 pm }

I reckon ‘Dane did the dirty deed’. He got down on one knee last night and asked Millie if she would be willing to meet his grandmother.

The producers probably agreed to let her win to keep her quiet.

10 Culinary Boner { 11.30.12 at 2:09 pm }

I’ve never tried the Down on One Knee Grandmother position, Georgie. Dane must be very supple.

11 Georgie { 11.30.12 at 2:17 pm }

You don’t know what you’re missing CB. Better get that dust covered copy of the Kama Sutra out of the book cupboard. :-)

12 brain dead dave { 11.30.12 at 2:30 pm }

You can get the Kama Sutra downloaded on to your phone these days,according to the search I just did….and the pages won’t even be stuck together.

13 Georgie { 11.30.12 at 4:00 pm }

Lol – what would be worse bdd, a few stuck pages or a flat battery?

14 Eliza { 11.30.12 at 11:44 pm }

Exactly what I thought, chasingvegas #2.. terrible choice in gown. She always had a podge but it did look a fair bit bigger last night.. I would have hated to have been in the room next to them! I can hear it now “naaawwww Daaaaaaneeeeee” *shudders*.

Sometimes they would be seen in the same bed, other times they would come to wake each other up from separate beds so the consistency wasn’t great. Also they always ‘woke up’ with full faces up make-up and perfectly styled hair so I don’t think we could believe much they showed us!!

15 Michaela { 12.03.12 at 11:20 pm }

there’s no way she could have fallen pregnant during the show and be showing that much … must have happened before she entered (pardon the pun!)