House Rules: Johanna Griggs To Host

Channel Seven have announced Johanna Griggs will host their new reality TV renovation program House Rules.

Johanna who is a favourite on Better Homes and Gardens will be one of the few women on TV who hosts a reality TV program so that is a positive thing. Even more interesting that is a renovations format rather than dating or dance both seen to be more feminine topics.

House Rules sees strangers renovating other peoples home this could see some very interesting results indeed.

The prize is apparently life changing but no news on what it will be or how the best renovation is going to be judges as clearly they can’t sell off the houses.

Johanna says she is excited to be fronting the show.

“I’m truly excited about the challenge. I’ve been in this industry for 20 years now and this is the first time I’ve had a go at this style of show.

“I’m expecting lots of drama, lots of laughter and hopefully some incredibly creative, clever Australian skills on display. But because we are dealing with people’s own homes, I’m expecting the stakes to be high, the competition to be tough and the results incredible.”

What do you think of Johanna Griggs hosting House Rules?

House Rules to screen on SEVEN in 2013.

1 bella vita { 12.02.12 at 8:00 pm }

Such a boring choice of host. She really should have been hung up to dry many years ago. I put her in the same category as Catriona Rowntree…annoying and unnecessary to be on tv whatsoever

2 A.P { 12.02.12 at 8:06 pm }

Add to that Shelley Craft, Fifi Box, Grant Denyer, Jules Lund, they are all annoying.
We need some new blood!

3 daisy { 12.02.12 at 11:04 pm }

Don’t care who hosts. They could get Karl Stephanovic, or that stupid channel 9 weather man for all I care. It’s a show where people do renos. That’s like watching someone do their housework. I will be ironing tomorrow. Perhaps someone might like to film that.

4 Izobel2 { 12.02.12 at 11:57 pm }

This show sounds like the 90’s show Changing Rooms!
What was that happy chick’s name?

5 Eliza { 12.03.12 at 12:53 am }

Oh my gosh, it does, Izobel2 #4!!! I always wondered why people would go on that show! I did a course years ago with one of the designers off the show and she admitted that they hated the rooms – it was all for TV. That show was professional suicide. Do you mean the host, Suzie Wilks?

I like renovating shows so I hope they do a good job. Choosing Johanna Griggs as host though automatically puts it into the bland Better Homes and Gardens category. Looks like they will be wanting to appeal to the ‘every day’ Australian.

6 A.P { 12.03.12 at 9:17 am }

Daisy @3, I would come and watch you iron LOL! Its a rarity in my house, I hate, Hate it!
I won’t watch any reno shows either, they are so boring. The only one mildy entertaining is 60 minute makeover on 7two where I just watch the beginning and the end to see the results, how they get there in between is boring and useless to me.
Eliza@3, Changing Rooms the english version done years ago wasn’t too bad but when the Aussie version came along they ruined it as usual, those rooms looked cheap and nasty. I think it turned me off these type of shows for ever!

7 PollyB { 12.03.12 at 6:22 pm }

bella vita, A.P., Izobel2 – I agree with you all, wholeheartedly!

8 Izobel2 { 12.03.12 at 9:44 pm }

Yes Eliza , that’s it. Suzie.
Some of those ‘changes’ were terrible!

9 daisy { 12.03.12 at 11:43 pm }

Oh dear AP. Ironing didn’t get done today. Went out with girls instead. Bring your basket over tomorrow and you can chat to me while I do both of ours.

10 daisy { 12.03.12 at 11:45 pm }

I am a bit OCD by choice.

11 Christina { 12.04.12 at 11:09 pm }

Not a fan of Johanna (as a host…am sure she is a very nice person)! Will put me off watching, unless she can be a little more natural than on BH&Gs. Changing Rooms also was the firat thing that popped into my head too 😉 But sounds like it will be n a larger scale.

12 Kerry williams { 03.07.13 at 10:07 pm }

You can take over my house any time we have to accomadate 8 people grandma grandpa, mum ,dad and two grandkids

13 Buzza { 03.10.13 at 9:46 pm }

Bring back the best TV renovator host ever…… SUZI WILKS! She’s fun, smart & gorgeous.

14 Thao { 03.12.13 at 5:06 pm }

House Rules is awesome. !

15 Dianne Harper { 03.12.13 at 11:22 pm }

How do I get a house reno. My place really needs it. Please help.

16 Matt Sheppard { 03.14.13 at 3:35 pm }

I love channel 7 shows where the help people out. I would do anything to have a team of earth angels come and help with my home, I’ve had two major back operation and I’m still on W/Cover my wife is working 2 jobs and we have leaking walls from the shower and I can’t do a thing as I can only lift 5 kilo’s.
We have three kids 2 with ADHA and ortisem, I’ve lost my job working in a Emergency Dept where I helped many of people and now I sit in this jail at home that’s falling around me!! we don’t even have a working kitchen and I feeling less of a father everyday so I pray someone here’s my prayers but if not I still love the help you give to others.

Love n Light
Matt & Robyn Sheppard.

17 Karen { 03.31.13 at 8:29 pm }

What happened to Tom Williams would be great presenter he is a carpenter after all

18 Lyn { 06.10.14 at 2:16 pm }

I think Joanna Griggs is boring and
Annoying and is just too false she looks like
She hates the world I think she would suit
Better on a comedy show or in a circus