Masterchef – Heston Refutes Marcus Pierre White Claims

“I look forward to spending some time with you” are words Marco Pierre White won’t be saying to protege Heston Blummenthal anytime soon.

Heston has said he is sick of Marco, the Australian Masterchef: The Professionals judge implying he trained him as he has in the new promo for the show.

The Daily Telegraph reports:

In a promo for the show, which airs in early 2013, host Matt Preston introduces the contestants to White, known as the “original bad boy of the kitchen” and the “godfather of modern cooking”.

Preston says of White: “Many famous chefs have passed through his doors – Curtis Stone, Heston Blumenthal, Gordon Ramsay.”Although White is understood to have trained both Ramsay and Stone, Blumenthal – known for his molecular gastronomy cuisine – said he was entirely self-taught and had never worked with White. Fanning the flame further, Blumenthal said the spat came after he was offered White’s role in the MasterChef series but had to turn it down because of commitments in the UK.

In an exclusive interview with The Sunday Telegraph, Blumenthal said the show’s promo was “unfair”.

“I don’t know why the show felt they had to do it because Marco is a great enough chef anyway,” he said from his London home on Thursday.

“Having gone through 30 years of toil … for it to be intimated I owe it all to somebody else, it’s really about setting the record straight.

“I’ve never spent one minute with Marco in his kitchen.”

It will be interesting to see if Marco, who is not shy of saying what he thinks, respond to Heston’s claims.

1 A.P { 12.03.12 at 9:26 am }

I wouldn’t be going against what Marco says, he is one scary dude with a knife in his hand!

2 Culinary Pedantic Boner { 12.03.12 at 9:49 am }

“…words Marco Pierre White won’t be saying to PROTEGE Heston Blummenthal anytime soon”

Raver, hate to be a pedant but here is the definition of “protege”, which no doubt would be an offensive word for Heston in this context…
Protege: one who is protected or trained or whose career is furthered by a person of experience, prominence, or influence

My understanding is that Heston is entirely self-taught but that he endured a one-week work experience stint being shouted at by Marco.

This is just another worrying example of the boofheads at Ten and Shine over-extending themselves as they try to overhype what should be an okay show to the point where it collapses under the weight of its own bullshit. These guys and girls should get into politics.

3 Reality Raver { 12.03.12 at 10:10 am }

CB – maybe he I should have written alleged protege….

4 Buzz { 12.03.12 at 10:39 am }

Wait, Marco’s a chef? From the ads I thought he was a member of the Volturi, in a special MC series based on the twilight movies. Lessons include decapitating foodstuffs and intimidating fruit.

5 Buzz { 12.03.12 at 10:40 am }

Mind you I also thought the ads for the “underbelly – bikie” series were a nickelback video.

6 Sioux Denim { 12.03.12 at 12:53 pm }

Classic Buzz, love it!

7 brain dead dave { 12.03.12 at 3:56 pm }

Doesn’t speak much for the porker proffering the porkies…Jowl$y. Isn’t he supposed to be some kind of expert in this area?

Ma$terchef: The Professional BS Artists

8 Rosie { 12.04.12 at 12:55 pm }

Didn’t they do this with Adriano (frickin’) Zumbo too? Said he was trained by someone who had never met him, or vice versa?

And I still can’t stand MPW, so won’t bother watching the Pro season.

9 JK { 12.04.12 at 1:01 pm }

I think the pro season is pushing it a bit too far. I’m all for MCA, yes, and I have withdrawals yes, but the pros? wow they are definitely running out of ideas.

10 Anne Wayne { 12.11.12 at 12:56 pm }

Would Heston like some cheese with his whine?

11 Ree-Ally Teihazbein { 12.23.12 at 4:57 am }

…When will people realize that Masterchef is about Mastering the $ and not the food. Drama drama drama people. All smoke n mirrors. Don’t fall for any of it. And yes, don’t for one minute believe Mymmy’s Boy Andy wrote that cookbook on his own? Puhleeeeze. It’s not about his food. It’s about making money of his publicity. I hate media parasites. The whole reality TV industry makes me sick. It’s a blood sucking vampire on societies’ bleeding moral fibre. And it shamelessly edits the way it drips its blood, too.

12 Reality Raver { 12.23.12 at 2:31 pm }

Ree-Ally Teihazbein – I have to confess I am also a parasite sucking on the reality TV industry…

I think a lot of viewers now realise there is a bit of manipulation occurring with their “reality” TV.