Brian McFadden Proves Yet Again What A Dick He Is

Don’t expect Brian McFadden to be an ambassador for White Ribbon day anytime soon, with a recent tweet that shows his lack of insight on the topic of domestic violence.

The Daily Telegraph reports the former Australia’s Got Talent judge tweeted “Men who hit women are pathetic. Women who make excuses and stay with the guy are just as bad,”.

Not sure he fully has a grasp on all the issues surrounding domestic violence.

The Daily Telegraph had a domestic violence spokesperson condemning the comments:

Domestic Violence Victoria chief executive Fiona McCormack said she couldn’t understand why McFadden, a father to two young girls, would broadcast such a message.

“It’s really irresponsible,” Ms McCormack said.

“For us to create a safer and healthier community, it’s really important that people in the media … make responsible comments.”

Ms McCormack said violence was the most significant contributing risk factor to Victorian women’s health and lives before they reached middle age.

“It’s not a flippant issue, it’s something that we really need to take seriously,” she said.

“Anyone with daughters should take a role in challenging the attitudes and behaviour that allows violence against women to happen.”

Speaking of Brian McFadden’s daughters in the same article it was revealed he will be staying in Australia. He must think his career prospects are better her than in the UK. He no longer is signed to Australia’s Got Talent now it has moved to NINE, and is unlikely to be.

Maybe he is limbering up for a slot on Celebrity Splash, SEVEN’s new diving competition. However it was rumoured he had put Channel Seven executives off side when his then fiancee, now wife, Vogue Williams was on Dancing With The Stars. The other show he or his wife might show up on is Celebrity Apprentice.

Brian McFadden has two daughters in the UK with his ex-Kerry Katona, so it is surprising with his career lull here in Australia that he is not moving back to be closer to them.

1 Daisy { 12.08.12 at 10:59 pm }

I didn’t need anymore proof that he’s a dick.

2 Reality Raver { 12.08.12 at 11:08 pm }

Daisy – I am sure it won’t be the last time he shows that he is a tool

3 Kate { 12.09.12 at 12:36 am }

With comments like that he could get a job at 2DayFM, no?

4 Carole { 12.09.12 at 8:11 am }

I’ve never thought much of him and thought Delta was waaaay too good for him and was glad when she ended it with him. Hopefully he won’t turn up on Celebrity Apprentice.

5 Georgie { 12.09.12 at 12:55 pm }

There’s a good reason why he’s Kyle Sandiland’s best buddy.

6 Golo i Wesolo { 12.09.12 at 5:42 pm }

I don’t see what’s so bad with his comments?

An element of truth to it, actually.

7 brain dead dave { 12.09.12 at 6:49 pm }

Quelle surprise. You didn’t see anything wrong with publishing a rape joke, either.

8 Morgan { 12.09.12 at 7:28 pm }

Man, I really hope Golo dosen’t watch My Kitchen Rules or Masterchef or any reality shows with racially, culturely and sexually diverse casts next year. They’ll trash anyone who isn’t a white straight Christian male.

9 Joseph Skyrim { 12.10.12 at 9:10 am }

I don’t get what’s wrong with what he said either. If a dude is physically abusing you why on earth would you stay with him? Sounds moronic, and as he said – pathetic because it’s like those women don’t view themselves as being worth anything more than the garbage they stay with.

10 brain dead dave { 12.10.12 at 9:29 am }

The most dangerous time as far as risk to life is concerned is the victim physically leaving the abuser.

Does it make the victim as bad as the perpetrator if they stay out of fear of their own life?

Why do Catholics stay blindly obedient to a church that tolerates and protects abusers of boys?

11 A.P { 12.10.12 at 9:35 am }

I kind of agree in a way because I can’t understand why a woman would stay with someone in that situation either but then again its never happened to me so I can’t really judge.
I’ve heard a lot of women say they have kids, no money, no where to go etc so there are reasons for them to stay, as well as the threat to their lives. However they shouldn’t have to put up with it under any circumstances.
I did read earlier that Brian McFadden has apologised and said he has a good friend going through the same situation and he was just angry about it.

12 Georgie { 12.10.12 at 9:37 am }

Hi Joseph – what you say is exactly right, most of these women have very low self esteem and that’s why the issue is far too complex to dismiss them by saying they are “just as bad” as their abusers. That would be the same as saying to someone who is suffering from depression to “just pull yourself together” – easier said than done.

Add children to the equation together with fear, isolation, lack of support, lack of formal education, unemployment and many other factors and the situation some of these women are in starts to become more understandable.

13 Joseph Skyrim { 12.10.12 at 9:45 am }

@BDD – Ah I see. They would rather be slaves than risk their lives to be free. No, this doesn’t make them as bad as the perps but it just puts them in a different version of pathetic – one that deserves pity as opposed to the abusers who are pathetic in an “i want to destroy them all” way.

Your second question is just a matter of faith. Catholics stay and leave not for the criminal priests but for their own beliefs. Unlike the oppressed women, there’s no real threat to their being if they stay or go. *shrug*

14 Gabby { 12.10.12 at 9:57 am }

I have no time for the man either, wouldn’t give him the time of day by reading about him or watching him.
About the poor woman staying with her abuser it is not always as easy as black and white for her. Do you think so many of these poor women would stay with these evil, gutless men if it was so easy to pack a bag and walk away. I wish it was for them. There are so many things they take into account, whether we feel they need to or not. Who are we to judge?

15 Joseph Skyrim { 12.10.12 at 10:07 am }

@Gabby – I’m more wondering how they paired up with the evil, gutless men to begin with. It’s not really rocket science to find out if you are compatible with someone or not and I can’t believe girls would actively pursue nut jobs for long lasting relationships. :/

If that’s the case it’s like digging a deep hole then complaining you can’t get out later. That can’t be right though. I must be missing something… :(

16 brain dead dave { 12.10.12 at 10:42 am }

A lot of abusers are charming psychopaths with very charismatic holes, Joseph.

17 Stacey { 12.14.12 at 10:13 pm }

I know Im a few days late on this post, but I felt I had to interject. My mother and I have both been in physically\
emotionally abusive relationships, and my eldest sister is currently in one. Mums was with her first adult partner (my sisters father). She has some scars, most notably when he smashed a wooden chair over the back of her head. The next day she planned on killing him with an axe, but thankfully friends of hers took her from the house and talked her out of it. Not long after that she packed up my three sisters and everything they could fit into a wagon and high-tailed it out of there and moved about 4 hours away. I am quite confident that if she hadn’t have left (or had she actually killed him) she would most certainly be dead by now. And let me tell you, my mum is tough as nails. No ‘pathetic’ excuses and what-not.

And my experience was with my first bf when I was about 15. He came home drunk on his 18th and almost put me through his wardrobe mirror. I had fingertip sie bruises all over my arms from being held down. And that was only the beginning. After that I had no self esteem whatsoever, stopped going to school, etc etc.

Anyway, its impossible to know what happens behind closed doors in these type of relationships, but calling the women ‘pathetic’ and saying theyre ‘just as bad’ as abusive men is beyond offensive and pathetic in itself. Way to go Brian, for making these women feel even worse about themselves.

18 daisy { 12.14.12 at 10:30 pm }

Stacey, l know what you are talking about.

19 Gabby { 12.14.12 at 10:52 pm }

I’m sorry Stacey you and your family members have had to deal with low life like that. Let it remain in your past and may you never have to deal with that insidious kind of behaviour again.

20 Reality Raver { 12.14.12 at 11:24 pm }

The issue is complex but a lot of the time they women will think it is their own fault, or they may not have the economic power to move. Or worse they may think they love him.

Stacey thanks for sharing.

Most women have been in an abusive relationship or know someone that has.

21 daisy { 12.15.12 at 12:53 am }

No economic power, three small kids and parents who were just as bad. Stacey, I wish you well.

22 A.P { 12.15.12 at 4:55 am }

Good on you Stacey, stay strong, I can’t imagine what you’ve been through.

23 Stacey { 12.15.12 at 11:39 am }

Thanks everyone, I can’t believe I said all of that! Holy shite it mustve been late. But yeh, this topic really shits me when people are so judgemental. Being in an abusive relationship is one of the worst things, I am still in counselling because of it (then again I’m 21 so it wasn’t really that long ago) and it absolutely makes me feel sick when people like Brian say shit like this. Gaaarrrrrrr!!!

There are so many factors to staying in an abusive relationship. I know I definately stayed because I thought it was the best I could do, he had power in the small town we lived in and I thought that if I left he would do everything in his power to destroy me (without physically hurting me, which he did. ) And mum stayed because he wouldve killed her if she hadn’t. I know this for a fact because he shot their family dog because they loved it so much. (Awful details, sorry.)

Anyway thanks for the support and you’re right RR, most women either have been in that situation or know others that have. I just felt I had to comment on something such as this.

24 daisy { 12.15.12 at 11:46 am }

Stacey, you’re very brave.

25 Stacey { 12.15.12 at 12:04 pm }

Thanks Daisy! But no, not brave at all. To be honest I’m not really sure how to feel about how I’ve been treated. When I hear about other women leaving their abusive partners all I can think is ‘Good on you! Break and run!’ but when I think about myself I just think ‘omg you are the worst person no wonder this happened blah blah’. Its always something.

26 Alex { 12.15.12 at 12:22 pm }

It can happen to strong, smart people, which you obviously are one. It just takes the ‘right’ circumstances.

27 Daisy { 12.15.12 at 12:25 pm }

Sorry Stacey, that wasn’t a five year old Alex. I forgot to change the name. I don’t think they teach social emotional issues at that level in PP.