Masterchef Australia – Andy Allen Has A Cookbook Out. Who Knew?

In the that was quick and under publicised basket, this year’s winner of Masterchef Andy Allen has released a cookbook.

This is very quick compared to the other Masterchef winners who have not released their tombs until the following year.

The Get Price site describes the book as:

The Next Element from Andy Allen, winner of MasterChef 2012, features over 80 of Andys favourite recipes.There are creative yet easy-to-prepare recipes for home-style family dinners and meals using local produce, recipes with an Asian twist, seafood, Mexican and tapas recipes – all tested by industry expert Janelle Bloom. Andy also talks about his experiences during the show.

Is there a reason they put that the recipes had been tested? It appears to imply the cookbook has been ghost written.

The problem for Andy that he was pleasing on the eye but he had no authority over one particular cuisine. He and his buddy Ben who also was a contestant on the series appear to be working together. You can check out their website Ben and Andy.

Quick release cookbooks appear to be the trend these days with reality food shows, with the new The Great Australian Bake Off will also have a cookbook tied to the series. (Source: Daily Telegraph)

1 There are no comments yet... { 12.14.12 at 11:10 pm }

Kick things off by filling out the form below.

2 daisy { 12.14.12 at 11:23 pm }

Two questions for anyone who knows the name of the brunette lady who cooks on Better Homes and Gardens. She sometimes judges on MKR.
Also has anyone tried her cooking because she looks like she cooks the kind of dishes I like to make …easy but tasty. I thought I might try HER cookbook.

3 Reality Raver { 12.14.12 at 11:25 pm }

Daisy – *hits the buzzer* Karen Martini

4 daisy { 12.14.12 at 11:46 pm }

Thanks. And her food, anyone???????

5 Reality Raver { 12.15.12 at 12:01 am }

Daisy – Her recipes were/are in the Herald (not sure the WA equivalent) magazine. I have never cooked them they look ok though.

6 daisy { 12.15.12 at 12:49 am }

Thankyou, RR.

7 Golo i Wesolo { 12.15.12 at 1:30 am }

Didn’t recognise the name of this person until you said “Masterchef winner.” Even then it still took some time to register.

Almost completely forgot about this person.

8 Morgan { 12.15.12 at 8:15 am }

To be honest I’m surprised we have ended up hearing from Andy this quick, let alone at all. I liked Andy, but I never really thought he’d achieve any sort of success after the show. Also, some of Ben’s Mexican recipes are in the cookbook as well, so I guess we were right, if one of them wins, they both win.

9 brain dead dave { 12.15.12 at 10:30 am }

There’s Andy sitting on a jetty silhouetted by the sea with four hamburgers, reminding me that on Ma$terchef , he couldn’t fillet fish for jack. Now he’s the Gigolo Gourmet.

Lol at The Next Alament. How many bananas did they pay a gorilla to workshop that title? Yawn.

10 Georgie { 12.15.12 at 10:48 am }

Love it when you quote Bob bdd.

I thought if the book is cheap enough, a fan might buy it for the cover photo – but it ain’t me babe.

11 brain dead dave { 12.15.12 at 10:56 am }

Andy’s just sitting on the dock of the bay…wasting time.

12 daisy { 12.15.12 at 11:04 am }

I can already make hamburgers and toasted sandwiches. But mums might buy it for their surfer sons for Christmas.

13 brain dead dave { 12.15.12 at 11:07 am }

Some might think it’s a fishing book and buy it for Pops for Xmas.

14 ABC { 12.15.12 at 1:39 pm }

Completely forgot about him. He hasn’t been very active like other MasterChef winners.

15 A.P { 12.15.12 at 1:58 pm }

They might have read all your comments BDD about “alaments” and got inspiration for the title of the book.
Bben and Andy, the Dynamic Duo.

16 Daisy { 12.15.12 at 2:14 pm }

BDD LOL and when Pop’s finds what it’s about he’ll say “Bloody hell, woman! I have to make my own burgers now????? (That’s another crap present to go with my socks and lottery ticket).”

17 Daisy { 12.15.12 at 2:19 pm }

Poor Andy, seems like a nice guy. I might go out and buy his book now for penance for being mean to him. I’ll have to at least check it out to see if it’s actually a burger book.

18 Danielle { 12.15.12 at 4:39 pm }

I met Ben and Andy at a book signing. The publisher told Andy that he needed 80 recipes and he didn’t even have one. Ben ended up writing 30 recipes and Kylie wrote two recipes including a complicated Parfait, which is ironic because she left Masterchef cooking a parfait! Their recipes are not fancy but they do include some expensive ingredients all but the scones would require a shopping trip.
Andy has nice eyes and Ben is really skinny.

19 brain dead dave { 12.15.12 at 5:18 pm }

I believe Andy didn’t have any recipes of his own. It looks like he’s sitting there next to four Junior Whoppers he’s just picked up at a Drive- thru.

20 Daisy { 12.15.12 at 6:18 pm }

Good one BDD. I’m looking carefully for the big M in the background now.

21 Daisy { 12.15.12 at 6:20 pm }

Next time ‘m at Maccas I’ll ask for an Angry Andy.

22 Daisy { 12.15.12 at 6:24 pm }

Hey, I like quick so Andy’s fast food range might be the go.
Andy’s Take Away. That was a challenge at one time I think. I think one of the Asian take aways was the winner, or maybe the cake girl.

23 bron { 12.16.12 at 12:11 am }

i love andy, i really do but he shouldn’t have won. he seems more interested in the fame game rather than cooking, which is sad. his instragram makes me cackle, though. 99% of the people he is following are attractive girls with selfies.

24 lkh { 02.08.13 at 1:12 pm }