Fifi Box’s Paramour Revealed – And It Is A Surprise

Unfortunately for Fifi Box it is a slow news week as she said she wanted to keep the father of her baby private, however New Idea have now revealed it is Grant Kenny.

It what can only  be described as surprising news, the former Dancing With The Stars contestant and Four Weddings host has been dating the former ironman since the end of last year.

The article  (via the Sunshine Coast Daily) states the pregnancy was a surprise to both of them. Grant Kenny has three grown up children to Lisa Curry. They have been divorced since 2009.

Have to say I would not have picked them for a match but then a ticking biological clock can see some funny hook ups.

The article in the Sunshine Daily states:

New Idea claims it can exclusively reveal that the leading Coast businessman, aviator and lifesaving identity is the dad, citing ‘multiple sources’.

Fifi, 35, is co-host of the Fifi & Jules show across the Today Network.

Kenny’s estranged wife Lisa Curry has tweeted this morning: “Life is full of SURPRISES!. “Sometimes in life you just get to the point of being fed up with everything….too…”

But the same quote on her Facebook page made it clear it was not related to the New Idea story.

“….too much partying, too much drinking, too much food…. and your clothes shrink while you’re on holidays!!”

Grant and Lisa have three grown up children and recently told the Sunshine Coast Daily they remained good friends, despite their separation in May 2009.

Kenny was unavailable for comment today but in the past has made it clear he does not discuss his personal life.

According to a report on news.com.au: “Fifi and Grant were very surprised when they found out about the baby,” an industry insider told New Idea, “but have both welcomed the news with excitement.

This might be seen as good news by the Today Network to divert the media attention from the prank DJ’s. Last week Amber Petty revealed that when she was working in radio that she had been told getting pregnant would be good for ratings.

Will Fifi Box getting knocked up Grant Kenny been seen as a positive thing? Also should the media have respected her privacy when she asked to keep the father of the child quiet?

1 Georgie { 12.19.12 at 5:29 pm }

That’s a good idea Daisy and kids need them too.

2 Daisy { 12.19.12 at 5:38 pm }

I was telling a friend about my husband’s disabilty … he’s domestically sight impaired. I was remarking how he had walked past a pair of his socks for 3 days, claiming he never saw them. I told her that he didn’t suffer this vision impairment whenever the courier brought a delivery, even if the box was out of normal viewing range. Her idea ….get his dirty socks and post them to him. Now that’s creative don’t you think?

3 Daisy { 12.19.12 at 5:42 pm }

Guys, just to even it up… when we broke the lawn mower in the first month of marriage and you said, “Never touch the mower again”, and we said “OK, whatever” …..

4 Daisy { 12.19.12 at 6:59 pm }

Try VA, Siddharta Praha, Spirit of Buddha Bar. Very groovy.
As is In Flight Entertainment.

5 Carole { 12.20.12 at 8:05 am }

Yeah, Gabby, I agree with you. I know she wanted his name to be kept secret, but it was bound to come out. As soon as she announced her pregnancy all the gossip magazines would have been watching her like a hawk to find out who the father is. And she does gossip herself as part of her job, so she would have invaded other celebrities privacy at some stage, so she can’t be too upset that it is done to her. Her saying she didn’t want to name the father would have been like a red rag to a bull.

6 Culinary Boner { 12.20.12 at 8:15 am }

I can feel her embarrassment. It’s palpable.

This isn’t about privacy. It’s about shame and humiliation.

7 Carole { 12.20.12 at 9:46 am }

Wow, just read on Twitter that they have split. Not sure of the accuracy of it though.

8 A.P { 12.20.12 at 9:53 am }

Yeah, I just read too on the Telegraph website that they have split. Not surprising really, sounds like Fifi just wanted someone to give her a baby and now she will bring it up as a single mother.

9 brain dead dave { 12.20.12 at 9:55 am }

Oh no! Pass the tissues,please..

She should have shagged Kochie while there was the opportunity.

10 A.P { 12.20.12 at 10:10 am }

Well, she got what she wanted BDD but is it fair on the kid?
Sorry, I just get riled up about this as my son and his wife have been trying for years to have a baby and their first round of IVF just failed so its a sore point with me.

11 brain dead dave { 12.20.12 at 10:22 am }

Yes, the kid seems to be the biggest loser in this. The victim of a biological clock and a biological cock.

Dr Phil reckons you can still do alright with one good parent….but this is Fifi Box we’re talking about here.

12 Culinary Boner { 12.20.12 at 10:24 am }

Well there ya go.
For this year’s New Year’s honour lists…
Mr Grant Kenny AO – Patron Saint of Aussie Sperm Donors (Personalised Service Division) for his efforts in helping busy female celebs in the ‘Race Against Time’ and the tick-tock of the biological clock.

13 Gabby { 12.20.12 at 10:29 am }

Thanks Carole and CB. She does gossip about others doesn’t she?
Haven’t read about the break up, will have to go and check that out. I am a shocker for useless celebrity gossip, I stand up and hold my hands up, I’m guilty. Mainly interested in this one because live down the road from Grant Kenny and couldn’t believe my ears when I heard he was ‘the baby daddy’. Those too just don’t seen to go together to me. I bet if they haven’t broken up, Ms Lisa Curry Kenny will be one jealous little B—h! They are getting more publicity than her. Heaven forbid.

14 Culinary Boner { 12.20.12 at 10:54 am }

Good point, bdd. Hopefully, the money Grant gives Fifi can help hire a Super Nanny.

On a more disturbing train of thought, I always thought evolutionary theory stated that women went looking for the best quality sperm available – using the proxy of a bloke’s looks, status, apparent smarts and bank balance – so that the resulting sprog has the greatest potential for success and replicating its own DNA down the track.

This case seems to me the equivalent of my revealing to Mrs Boner that I’m leaving her to have a child with Fairlie Arrow*.

Surely Fifi isn’t that hard-up?

* for the young uns out there – http://www.fairliearrow.com and

“Saturday 2nd May 1992:
Fairlie Arrow Abduction Hoax
Singer Fairlie Arrow was yesterday fined $5,000 for staging her own abduction on the Gold Coast in December last year. The 28-year-old entertainer was charged with making a false statement to police–a criminal charge with a maximum penalty of $6,000. Ms Arrow confessed to faking the kidnapping soon after the details of the abduction became public in January. It appears that Ms Arrow staged the stunt to put some life into her flagging singing career.”

15 A.P { 12.20.12 at 11:40 am }

Apparently Lisa Curry is on A Current Affair tonight telling her side of the story, should be interesting!
This baby could be the star of Celebrity Splashdown, with a father like that its in the genes!
BDD @61, you said it all!

16 Georgie { 12.20.12 at 12:16 pm }

I wonder which ‘side of the story’ is Lisa’s? I’d think Grant and Fifi had both sides covered. Maybe she doesn’t like missing out on the attention as Gabby suggests.

17 A.P { 12.20.12 at 12:18 pm }

Thats what I reckon too Georgie and Gabby!

18 brain dead dave { 12.20.12 at 1:31 pm }

It’ll be a green Curry, no risk.

19 Georgie { 12.20.12 at 1:56 pm }

Or maybe Lisa’s concern is about future claims on the family fortune.

20 Daisy { 12.20.12 at 2:05 pm }

ex iron man x Fifi Box
Strong box

21 Georgie { 12.20.12 at 2:20 pm }

Olympic kayaker x Fifi = Paddler’s Box

22 Gabby { 12.20.12 at 3:05 pm }

Thanks A.P. will be sure to watch ACA. What in the world has she got to do with it? Is she Grant’s official spokeswoman? I knew she would have to stick her nose in. It would be killing her to be out of the limelight and Grant being in it, even if it is something he would rather not be advertised, (tough tiddies for him).
Good one Georgie about her not being happy with the family fortune having to be divided between one more, probably right there.
BDD, love the ‘green Curry’ right on the money there.
Sorry but cannot stand Lisa, she parades herself around Sunshine Coast as if she is our Royalty, always has, as if her sh-t don’t stink, and believe me, by some of the stories I have heard over the last 20 odd years, it certainly does!

23 Culinary Boner { 12.20.12 at 4:07 pm }

Direct from the pages of the Kama Sutra (illustrated Gold Coast edition), the art of fingering…

He’s simply irresistible…

24 A.P { 12.20.12 at 4:08 pm }

I’ve heard that too Gabby, remember when she was on Celebrity Apprentice and kept having time off, I don’t think her heart was really in it.
She shouldn’t really mind what Grant does as after all she found someone else, a toy boy to replace him so she shouldn’t care what he does, they’ve both moved on.

25 Daisy { 12.20.12 at 4:15 pm }

B@73nice one Daddy!
It begs a little photo shopping and a caption.

26 Daisy { 12.20.12 at 4:18 pm }

Would that be legal???

27 Seb { 12.20.12 at 7:31 pm }

I rather like Glory Box

28 A.P { 12.20.12 at 8:16 pm }

Well that was a let down seeing Lisa Curry on A Current Affair!
All she said was she didn’t want to talk about it, fair enough, but why was it advertised saying Lisa tells all? Just to get us to watch I suppose, oh well, at least she got to plug her training business.

29 Littlepetal { 12.20.12 at 9:15 pm }

Totally agree with you A.P. I was thinking she will have lots to say. Could this be filmed earlier? Hubby thought she has split with her boyfriend.

30 Reality Raver { 12.20.12 at 9:23 pm }

Just watched ACA no revelations there.

I agree with Gabby and co re: privacy issue. A lot of her columns were about her single life and every day life and she did write about the pregnancy the other day. I am not sure you can pick and choose which part of your private life you want to use for work and what can be kept private.

Not surprised her and Grant’s relationship bit the dust. I suspect it has been over for awhile possibly since those to lines lit up on the pregnancy test.

31 Gabby { 12.20.12 at 10:02 pm }

I knew it, what could Lisa possibly say about Fifi and Grant’s business, a big fat zero. She just had to get her head on the box. Couldn’t be left out of all this free publicity.
No wonder Miss Box wanted his name kept out of it if it was all over with before it even started.

32 Den { 12.20.12 at 11:18 pm }

At least Grant & Lisa’s Grandchildren will have someone to play with, hope they treat her /him with love & kindness,
Baby is family no matter what! Innocent little child.

33 Culinary Boner { 12.21.12 at 3:20 pm }

What I’ll be looking at come 10.11pm (or is it 11.11pm?)* tonight when the Mayan Gods wreak vengeance on us all for making Lara Bingle a star and for making fun of Fifi Box for having shagged Grant Kenny (I still can’t believe it) – http://findingmymojo.com/wp-content/gallery/media/newidea.jpg

At least I’ll go out smiling.

The holidays beckon.

See you all next year.

* News Ltd and Fairfax have been publishing different times.

34 A.P { 12.21.12 at 5:20 pm }

Trust Ajay to be the last thing you see as the world ends LOL!

35 A.P { 12.21.12 at 5:27 pm }

RR, I think I’ve found the perfect host for Celebrity Splashdown.
Its Sura Taft, he is the host of a kid’s show called Pryamid on Channnel 9 , and I’ve always thought how good he is at that and how underused he is. He is bright, enthusiastic, likeable and entertaining and is someone new and different.
I reckon he’d be a good choice to host Celebrity Splashdown, but what do I know, they will probably get Fifi Box and Jules Lund, boring!

36 Gabby { 12.21.12 at 8:19 pm }

What’s this Celebrity Splashdown? Sounds interesting. I hope so. I am so looking forward to the New Year and the return of all the shows we can all get stuck into with our feedback.