The Amazing Race – A Surprise Result

Was anyone else surprised, the goat farmers, Josh and Brent, won the latest season of The Amazing Race?

This pair bumbled around for most of the race and the only thing that saved them from elimination in Moscow was when the rock star lawyers lost their passports.

However you only have to win one leg and that is the last one, and to be honest I was heartened to see that you did not have to be a prime physical speciman to with the million dollars.

Interestingly enough this was not their first time on reality TV as they have a show called “The Fabulous Beekman Boys”. It has aired for two season and it is unclear whether there will be a third.

Here is an exit interview with Hit Fix and it is an indepth one.

Also the boys have been inspirational to people everywhere and after they were contacted by a 12 year old gay boy’s mother they roped in their other Amazing Race team mates to do a photo montage to show how amazing he was. Huffington Post has the story.

Photo Sourced from their official blog.

1 Daisy { 12.18.12 at 1:46 pm }

Anyone but the rude twins. Happy the Beeky Boys won, but, unlike other races when I had clear favourites, I wouldn’t have minded if the Chippies, the Rock lawyers or Abby and Ryan won. I didn’t dislike A&R as some people seemed to. The Lexi part of the Trey and Lexi was a bit too cutesy just for my personal taste. I didn’t like the way the ambush of Abby and Ryan took place by the the three teams turning the double turn back into a single by plotting to turn back someone who had already gone ahead. Still I suppose it was good strategy.
It seemed that it was the twins’ idea and that they were calling the shots. Still the Chips didn’t HAVE to do it.
I think some of the challenges in this season were a bit lame and some of the speed bumps too easy. I thought the twins should have been ditched last week when they came last. I think the producers manipulated the race and gave then another chance because they wanted to keep them in. That’s not fair to the other contestants and an insult to the viewers. BTW I bet those twins come from an affluent family and are spoilt. Not the homey-rapper girls they tried to act out.

2 Culinary Boner { 12.18.12 at 1:50 pm }

What’s Phil looking at in the photo?

3 Culinary Boner { 12.18.12 at 2:41 pm }

And why does he look like Joel McHale?

4 Sioux Denim { 12.18.12 at 4:40 pm }

Wow – what a great/shock result! Love it when it ends like that – similar to the 2 coppers winning the Aussie one – love it!

Like you Daisy, I wouldn’t have minded any of the top 3 to win – anyone BUT the twins!

I dont get this working together in an alliance thing – it surely doesn’t work – look at the winners!

Definitely not as good as the Aussie version – I know I sound biased, but like Daisy said the Speed Humps were pretty ordinary – having to tie up that ladies corset in the last one was a joke.

This is the first US season I have ever watched, so have been spoilt I think seeing the Oz one first – I really hope we get another Oz season next year………………

5 Daisy { 12.18.12 at 11:56 pm }

SD It might go down as one of the lamest speed bumps. Wasn’t eating an ice-cream another one?
I suggest twiddle your thumbs or scratch your bum for 5 minutes.

6 chasingvegas { 12.19.12 at 7:58 am }

I’m a little bummed that the Chippies didn’t win, they were most deserving. But I do hear that there is a another allstars TAR in the works & the Chippies will get another shot at the million.

7 Jason { 12.20.12 at 6:09 am }

I found the twins to be very nasty and got tired of their constant “we can’t get the evil gays beat us” comments.
Glad the producers kept the gay kiss in at the end – unlike when Chip and Reichen won many seasons ago where it was cut out so as not to offend!

8 Carole { 12.22.12 at 7:32 am }

Yeah, same here I was happy for any of the final 3 to win, and was glad when the Twinnies finally got eliminated. Hadn’t liked them since they stole that money. Is it just me? I always get emotional when they cross the finish line with everyone cheering for them. Did anyone else notice Ryan wasn’t clapping when the 2nd & 3rd teams arrived. He was just standing there with his arms by his sides. I didn’t want Abby & Ryan to win the 2 million after they passed that couple who helped them in the first leg, then they get all upset when they get U-turned, what hypocrites. As they pointed out themselves, it is a race, plus it was getting towards the final leg so that is the perfect time to U-turn someone, especially someone as competitive and strong as they were.

9 Daisy { 12.22.12 at 1:27 pm }

My guess is the twins at home are affluent spoiled brats (pampered princesses) who are up themselves. Just the impression they gave ALL the way through. Trying to pretend they were home-boys was a bit like the Chris Lilly pampered character on angry boys who pretended to be a down and out rapper.

10 Daisy { 12.23.12 at 12:05 am }

How many AR Australia have we had? My daughter is currently watching the second series (on-line I think). She said it’s really good, even better than the first because of the range in characters. I have lost track but think only one Aussie series has been aired here.

11 Carole { 12.23.12 at 8:12 am }

We’ve had 2 Daisy, and are hoping they will do a 3rd, but no word on that as yet.

12 Daisy { 12.23.12 at 2:26 pm }

Thanks Carole. Happy Christmas.