The Biggest Loser: The Next Generation – The Host Is Finally Spotted

The new season of The Biggest Loser has started filming and for the first time this season the host, Hayley Lewis, has been mentioned.

Last year there had been rumours denied by the Network TEN that there would be a different host this year. The rumours were not helped by the fact that Hayley was not in any of the promo material for the show at the 2013 launch.

Personal trainer  ninja Tiffiny Hall was also missing from the promo material and she will not be on this season of the show.

Today in the Daily Telegraph Hayley is talking about how excited she is about the new season now filming in a new house out in Dural.

This year it is all about two generations with teens on the show with another relative.

The article says:

Presenter Hayley Lewis, 38, who won Commonwealth and Olympic Games medals for swimming, says her fourth season will be the most emotional.

“For me it was difficult because I am a mum and some of these kids have been really badly bullied and they have decided to change their lives,” she said.

“When you ask the kids how they feel about themselves there is also desperation in their parents’ faces when you hear what they say. They feel responsible.

“In some cases the child seemed stronger than the parent.

“Some of the teens had asked their parents to come on for their sakes.”

The Biggest Loser: The Next Generation will screen on TEN in 2013.

1 brain dead dave { 12.30.12 at 2:50 pm }

I’d be a lot more impressed if Hayley were to get emotional about contestants being ritually humiliated and embarrassed on a show that has never been about healthy weight loss.

2 Daisy { 12.30.12 at 2:59 pm }

I have only seen snippets of this show, but am I right in thinking that they make them undress, and that they tempt them with food?
There is an Asian version of this that I quite enjoyed but I think it was very different.
I saw it in Sri Lanka so I don’t know if they would air it here.
They didn’t get naked, and it was about teams, and personalities and gruelling exercise.

3 bron { 12.30.12 at 3:24 pm }

this show is awful. humiliating and berating overweight people is bad enough but when the trainers go on their rants about how all fat people hate themselves, etc. is just disgusting.

4 brain dead dave { 12.30.12 at 4:06 pm }

Notice we don’t get the usual “All $tars” gravy train with this show.

This is because the vast majority of contestants have yo-yo’d it back to obesity. The show drops the contestants like hot, sour cream covered potatoes when it’s over.

5 Essjayeats { 12.30.12 at 4:47 pm }

I see they “slimmed down” Hayley’s real age too.

6 Rob { 12.31.12 at 4:31 pm }

I’m probably going out on a limb here by saying that unless they discover a way to strip out the gross exploitation and humiliation of the contestants, this series is going to be the most repulsive of the lot. Obese adults I understand to a degree, it’s their decision to come on the show and they can chose to be ritually abused for the sake of weightloss if they want. Having trainers rant and rave at teenagers is going to be utterly inappropriate and vile television of the basest order. Excess Baggage tried the whole “psychology behind obesity” and failed dismally. Hopefully this series will follow it to the grave.

7 Gabby { 12.31.12 at 9:52 pm }

It will be interesting to see how the trainers approach the teenagers, very interesting. I hope they are able to help these kids.

8 brain dead dave { 12.31.12 at 11:29 pm }

I think Hamish was still a teenager in the most recent series. I don’t think he was treated that well.

The trainers are gym junkies – not really skilled at counselling- merely braying at the contestants to “dig deep!” won’t do.

9 Daisy { 01.01.13 at 10:12 am }

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT ONE AND GET WHATEVER IT IS YOU HAVE BEEN HOPING FOR AND THEN A NICE SURPRISE AS WELL. YOU ARE A GREAT BUNCH WHO HAVE BROUGHT SOME FUN INTO MY DAYS. CHEERS TO YOU ALL!!!!

10 A.P { 01.01.13 at 10:28 am }

Daisy, same to you!
Congratulations for being the first poster in 2013!
I hope your surprise in the mail didn’t get lost.

11 Daisy { 01.01.13 at 10:40 am }

AP Don’t worry. It probably got slowed down with the Christmas mail. If it doesn’t come by Thurs I’ll go and ask at the PO. I have been guessing tho’. I thinkt it’s a photo of Millie.
Yes fancy me being first and it was just after 7.00am here. Wasn’t up late last night.

12 A.P { 01.01.13 at 10:47 am }

No, I didn’t think to include a photo of Millie, keep guessing!
I can’t wait for all the new shows to start, tv is so boring at the moment, at least we still have Survivor!

13 brain dead dave { 01.01.13 at 10:54 am }

Yes, happy new year. I so wanted to try out this awesome pick up line last night:

bdd: Say , you remind me of my little toe, baby.

Cougar: Why? ‘Cos I’m petite and cute?

bdd: I’m thinking that later I’ll be banging you on the coffee table when I’m drunk.

14 Daisy { 01.01.13 at 11:19 am }

Yeah Dave. That’s a winner. You go for it.

15 Daisy { 01.01.13 at 11:23 am }

You could have used it in the 70’s jugs cost $3.00.

16 brain dead dave { 01.01.13 at 11:34 am }

Seems like my resolution not to offend anyone this year has failed already..

17 A.P { 01.01.13 at 11:36 am }

Wouldn’t be the same if you didn’t offend someone BDD!
Hope all your dreams come true if you use that line, its bound to work for you.

18 Daisy { 01.01.13 at 11:44 am }

Absolutely!!!!!!
But not offended!
Was trying to think up my own good toe nail pick-up line but only came up with you remind me of my big toe…fat and hairy. I haven’t got the hang of it, have I?

19 Daisy { 01.01.13 at 11:49 am }

BDD Bet you miss Boner to bounce off!

20 brain dead dave { 01.01.13 at 11:49 am }

Fat and hairy? The”hang” of it? You’re doing just fine.

Sure do miss Boner. He works blue much better than me.

21 Daisy { 01.01.13 at 11:51 am }

Wait till you see @19. It was an acccident!

22 Daisy { 01.01.13 at 12:03 pm }

This is true……my Uncle Willie had six toes on each foot.

23 Georgie { 01.01.13 at 12:37 pm }

Here’s my toe joke for 2013:

Daisy: My Uncle Willie has 2 big toes
Georgie: So what’s unusual about that, everyone has 2 big toes
Daisy: Yeah, but not on the same foot

Happy New Year all.

I wanted to watch the Sydney fireworks but fell asleep at 11.50 pm and woke up again at 12.10 am. Impeccable timing I’ve got!

24 Daisy { 01.01.13 at 1:13 pm }

Well Georgie, this year’s Christmas bonbon jokes were K Rap so we thought we might make our own next year. I will include your joke. And maybe a scary fake toe.

25 Georgie { 01.01.13 at 2:06 pm }

I probably should explain Daisy. That is a joke my partner tells about his cousin, so you just gave me some new names to use. I can also remember somewhere back in my youth, there was a friend with a couple of webbed toes.

Our bonbon jokes must have been pretty lame too because I can’t remember any of them.

26 Helen { 03.17.13 at 12:52 pm }

This premiers tonight. I quite like Biggest Loser but the show needs to make changes as it’s pretty predictable, trainers gasping over what the contestant’s eat – it’s not actually a surprise is it! The trainers are a bit over the top (love Commando though, he can train me anytime). I do find this a positive show – it’s inspiring to see overweight and obese people lose weight, feel good about themselves and maybe even win a lot of money or sign a contract or two (they are brave to show their bodies on national tv). Let’s hope it’s not too much the same as other years, we need to watch new material.

27 Gabby { 03.17.13 at 3:14 pm }

Helen I loved your last sentence. Let’s hope it’s not not the same as other years and they have changed the format some. It is getting a bit tired with the coaches, so predictable behaviour.