Come Dine With Me Australia Starts Tonight on Lifestyle at 8.30pm

Season Four of Come Dine With Me Australia starts tonight on Lifestyle Channel. The show a favourite reality food TV show which really is not about the cooking is always a lot of fun if they get the casting right.

This series the show has been tweaked and we see the four dinner parties in the one hour long episode, not over five half hour episodes in the week. It does give it a faster pace and it means you don’t have to commit to a whole week of viewing. However if you get some cracker guests you don’t get to see them in all their glory night after night.

The premise of the show is each person cooks a dinner party and the other three participants score it. The person with the highest score at the end of the show wins $1000.

Tonight’s cast looks interesting. There is Mike Jeffries  who displays his 100 pairs of shoes in the living room, Kiri Brandli who has kindly hired a half naked man as a waiter, also Danielle who trains and breeds greyhounds but has a mechanical bull for entertainment and James Morrow a former New Yorker who writes a blog Prick With A Fork.

Expect a few laughs and yes there will be a recap. If you have pay TV it is well worth a look.

Come Dine With Me Australia starts tonight and screens every Tuesday night on Lifestyle at 8.30pm.

1 Izobel2 { 01.08.13 at 1:09 pm }

Yay yay yay! I don’t have all of the lifestyle channels, and I don’t have lifestyle food.. so i’m so happy it’s on the normal lifestyle channel. Thoroughly enjoy this show. Don’t get to see it enough.
Finally a show to enjoy. Except I’m going out tonight so I believe it’s repeated Friday night!

2 Gabby { 01.08.13 at 2:36 pm }

I enjoy the English version of this show and always get laughs and cringes so well looking forward to the Australian one. The last series was good so I am thinking this one will dish up some laughs as well. Shame they don’t do more of them.

3 Izobel2 { 01.08.13 at 5:44 pm }

Hey is it wrong that I’ve ticked 7 of the shows in the left hand poll??

I love the commentary on the English version, it’s better than the actual show. I giggle the whole episode.
Gabby I didn’t get to see last season’s Australian CDWM. I’m glad you say it was good.

4 Reality Raver { 01.08.13 at 5:49 pm }

No I need to tick all of them…

5 A.P { 01.08.13 at 5:50 pm }

Won’t be able to watch this, its too hard to wrench the remote off hubby.
Let me know when repeats are on so I can catch up when he goes out, saves all the arguments about me watching all crap shows according to him!LOL!
Lucky we have two tvs.

6 Reality Raver { 01.08.13 at 6:18 pm }

AP – it is on +2 at 10.30am but also quite a few repeats on at 11.00am tomorrow also on weekend.

7 Izobel2 { 01.08.13 at 6:41 pm }

I reckon you’ll find the time to watch it with all the repeats AP! Hopefully the husband goes and does some gardening for an hour or something!
My husband thinks I watch mostly crap too.
And I’ll prob be watching all of the shows RR, I just don’t know anything about the last one “Next Stop Hollywood”… Plus there’s all the other shows I watch that aren’t even on the list!

8 A.P { 01.08.13 at 6:54 pm }

Thanks, I will try. What I really need is a second set top box for my tv but I’m too cheap to pay an extra $19.95 a month for it!
His favourite shows….. Car Racing, car racing and more car racing, oh and American Pickers and Rugby league, not crap at all.

9 Reality Raver { 01.08.13 at 7:34 pm }

Izobel2 – here is the info about Next Stop Hollywood. It starts on ABC1 tonight at 9.30pm and follows six actors/actresses through pilot season in LA. Looks good – a bit of high end reality. http://www.realityravings.com/2013/01/06/next-stop-hollywood-starts-on-abc1-on-tuesday-at-9-30pm/

10 Izobel2 { 01.08.13 at 7:53 pm }

Thanks RR, just set the recorder for it. Sounds interesting.

AP my husband loves golf, cricket and darts on the tv.
Lucky he also likes CDWM and Masterchef. He won’t touch MKR though.

11 Daisy { 01.08.13 at 8:59 pm }

OMG AP Car racing, American Pickers and rugby league …torture.

12 Gabby { 01.08.13 at 9:06 pm }

IZ and RR 9 and 10, I am with you, I will be watching as well, give it a shot, see how we go. Not like ABC to have an American show on.
AP you are one brave woman if you sit through those programmes, or is that when you are online?

13 Reality Raver { 01.08.13 at 9:08 pm }

Gabby – Oops the show is Australian. It is following Australian’s trying to crack it in LA.

14 Daisy { 01.08.13 at 9:21 pm }

I haven’t watched this before but sounds like you guys like it so I’ll give it a go. Bet Rolf gets into it too.

15 Gabby { 01.08.13 at 10:57 pm }

That sounds more like it! Thanks for that. I forgot all about it so you reminded me when I read your email. Missed the first twenty minutes. Not to worry.

16 Gabby { 01.08.13 at 11:01 pm }

It only went for 26 minutes! So I only saw 6 minutes, buggar.
Who was that Asian looking girl that was on right at the end, she was crying. Looked very familiar, should I know her?

17 Reality Raver { 01.08.13 at 11:05 pm }

Gabby – you can watch it on iview. Can’t think of the girls name off the top of my head but she has been in quite a few roles here.

18 A.P { 01.08.13 at 11:17 pm }

Gabby @12, I am multi talented, lap top while watching tv at the same time.
Nope, I never watch his shows, thats why we have two tvs.
Worst nightmare ever, Bathurst weekend!!!!!!
Izobel2, I’ve weaned him off cricket thank god. My dad used to watch it 24/7! Waiting for Survivor now.

19 Gabby { 01.08.13 at 11:18 pm }

Good one RR, thanks for that. I always forget to use iview. I shall do that. Goodnight all.

20 Daisy { 01.08.13 at 11:44 pm }

Oh, this is payTV so I won’t be able to watch. We haven’t bothered witth payTV yet as we didn’t think it would be worthwhile. Am I wrong????

21 Izobel2 { 01.09.13 at 9:55 am }

Morning all. Well I won’t see CDWM yet as I was out but I’ve just watched Next Step Hollywood, and I personally really enjoyed it. It was nice to see the other half of the tv world, something I’ve never really thought of before.
Gabby you should watch it on Iview as it shows what the actors have been acting in before heading to the US.
Also I watched the Myf Warhurst show afterwards and it was delightful. I love her.

22 Gabby { 01.09.13 at 1:10 pm }

Izobel2 @ 21 yes will watch it on iview, might also see if that Myf Warhurst is on as well and check that out.
Thanks for your reviews.

23 Daisy { 01.09.13 at 2:07 pm }

Listening to you girls I can see I am going to have to download these programmes.