Does Australia Have Enough Celebrities For All These Reality Shows?

Celebrities or quasi- celebrities in Australia who have not had the call up for a reality show for 2013 must have bruised egos. In fact casting directors must be having difficulty finding celebrities to fill the slots that are now available on the plethora of celebrity reality shows to be made.

At the moment there is Celebrity Apprentice Australia, Dancing With The Stars, Celebrity Splash and Lifestyle Channel have said are considering doing another Celebrity Come Dine With Me.

You have to wonder if there are enough people to spread the celebrity love around. Expect to see the continuing trend of reality stars going on these shows.  Also expect a few oversea “stars” to be imported for the shows.

1 brain dead dave { 01.10.13 at 10:46 am }

Calling Altijan Juric. Don’t keep him on ice.

2 Daisy { 01.10.13 at 10:56 am }

I agree. Altijan was a very colourful character but producers probably find him hard to work with. I think that’s why he was interesting.

3 drb123 { 01.10.13 at 11:42 am }

When Australian Survivor bought Bobby from Home and Away back from oblivion a number of years ago, I thought all bets were off.

I wonder how strained the term Celebrity or All star can get. There must be some borderline people who are disappointed they fall just outside of the current description. For example, the Qantas hostie who did the business with Ralph Fiennes during a flight

4 Isabel { 01.10.13 at 12:47 pm }

Well, there are A Grade, B Grade, C Grade and D Grade! I reckon that hostie would have made it to E Grade! Most of those on the current ‘celebrity’ shows I’d put down to at least C. Look at the rubbish they had on Celebrity Apprentice – was Dicko a winner, I can’t remember. C Grade for him, and he’s going to be doing breakfast on 2UE – who on earth thought of putting a pop ‘guru’ up against Alan Jones!

5 A.P { 01.10.13 at 12:58 pm }

I’ve suggested good celebrities on here before as have others but the powers who be seem to choose boring D grade people.
There are many to choose from, yes, even Altiyan would be different to say the least!

6 Gabby { 01.10.13 at 1:12 pm }

Hi RR, sorry this is off subject. I watched the Australian actors in Hollywood on iview and quite enjoyed it, so thanks for reminding me about iview. I always forget to use it. While I was there I have earmarked a few other good shows to watch before they get taken off.
So everyone out there that can take advantage of ivew make sure you do, great shows if you miss them as they happen live.

7 Gabby { 01.10.13 at 1:21 pm }

Of course they have enough celebrities but they just keep going back to the same old pool. I remember that time they dragged Bobby up, I couldn’t believe it! What do they think we are? We are not worthy of anything better, next they will be giving us Donald Fisher. They could go down RR’s list on the left and find plenty of fodder. As long as they don’t drag up the last Big Brother winner, hey AP? Call him a celebrity?

8 Daisy { 01.10.13 at 1:32 pm }

Australia would have more celebs if show producers didn’t keep giving the jobs to …let me see Seal, Joel, Harsh Spice, Rowan, Ricky and so on.

9 brain dead dave { 01.10.13 at 1:55 pm }

I don’t think Australia has enough “celebrities” and was only joking about Altijan , btw.

The word “celebrity” now covers a multitude of sins – like Deni Hines, for example.

Always the opportunity to exhume past Australian Idol “winners” like Wes Carr and Natalie Gauchi. Hey, Chris Isaak said Wes was a “superstar”.

10 Carole { 01.10.13 at 4:32 pm }

I think the problem is the ‘decent’ celebrities wouldn’t touch half these shows with a barge pole. Meat Loaf has said they are always offering him reality shows but he is not interested. Celebrity Big Brother in the UK offered him $500 000 to do it, but he said absolutely no way. He only appeared on Celebrity Apprentice in the US because of a misunderstanding.

11 Sarah { 02.15.13 at 12:23 pm }

A grade celebs are working and don’t have time for reality. Even if they did, they’re way to scared of hurting their brand to risk saying the wrong thing or being edited to look like an arsehole. The lower grade celebs are more willing to take risks and make for more interesting TV. The problem is when they keep using the same 5 celebs over and over, or importing talent.