The Mole: Shura Taft Named As Host

Shura Taft, an up and coming TV host has been named the host of the new version of The Mole.

It is great to see someone relatively new on screen in prime time. He has learnt his craft as host of children’s TV shows Kids WB and Pyramid.

Also last year, he hosted The Supercoach Show on Fox Footy. He  also co-hosted Uplate! On Go!, this was with Natalie Garonzi and James Kerley. When will someone give Natalie G a prime time gig?

He told the Daily Telegraph he was a The Mole fanatic.

He said:

“I am an absolute Mole nerd,” Taft says. “The first series started when I was in secondary school.

“A couple of mates and I used to keep Mole diaries that listed all the challenges and who behaved suspiciously.

“I guess it was a geeky thing to do but we were so into mind games.”

The Mole has not been on TV for eight years and previously was hosted by Grant Bowler who has been hosting The Amazing Race Australia.

The Mole follows a group of contestants that confront a series of challenges, however one of the contestants is a traitor aka mole – that is trying to sabotage the group’s money-making efforts.

The show is to start filming around Australia next week. This series is going to be one of the highlights of the reality TV year.

By the way girls if you are wondering he is straight he has dated Natalie Garonzi and Heidi Valkenburg.

The Mole to screen on SEVEN later this year.

1 A.P { 01.11.13 at 9:04 am }

I rest my case RR!!!
If you look back at two of my comments about Celebrity Splash I suggested that Shura would be an excellent host of this or any other show as he is a breath of fresh air and has been under utilised by all the channels.
I came across him hosting a kids show “PYRAMID'” and he is bright, bubbly , young and enthusiastic and would do an excellent job.
Do you think the producers have been reading my suggestions RR?
I’m very happy for Shura, can’t wait to see him hosting “The Mole”

2 Joseph Skyrim { 01.11.13 at 9:11 am }

Woo, I liked this show – looking forward to it coming back! :)

3 Veronicali { 01.11.13 at 9:18 am }

Yay, an Aussie host for an Aussie show.
Natalie Garonzi could take over The Voice. I liked Xtra Factor – or whatever it was called- better than the actual show.

4 A.P { 01.11.13 at 9:27 am }

Yeah Veronicali, I liked The Xtra Factor too, it was way more interesting than the actual show as we got to learn a lot more about the contestants and behind the scenes stuff.( Look how Altiyan used to carry on, acting so saintly and humble! )

5 imaketheshow { 01.11.13 at 11:39 am }

He’s a pretty good host – but not right for the Mole. You need someone serious and credible. They have to be able to build suspense really well. Bubbly doesn’t really suit.

6 Gabby { 01.11.13 at 1:06 pm }

I’ve never heard of him but he is certainly good looking and looks very amiable. Plus if you think he is right for the job AP that’s good enough for me. Then again imaketheshow @ 5 has a point, it will be interesting to see how he comes across. I look forward to The Mole being back on again.

7 Reality Raver { 01.11.13 at 1:10 pm }

AP I thought you had and when I was writing this blog post I did a search through your comments but could not find it and then I was unsure if it was the same person. So apologies for not giving you a shout out.

Imaketheshow – I have never seen him on tv so have no idea what he will be like. I like that it is someone new and fresh.

8 brain dead dave { 01.11.13 at 1:36 pm }

Considering his skillz at shagging co-hosts, he may be a bit of a mole himself.

9 A.P { 01.11.13 at 1:57 pm }

Yeah, thanks RR, I’m tickled pink that the producers listened to me LOL!
I suggested him under ” Celebrity Splash made a splash in the UK or was it a bomb?” and somewhere else before that but I can’t remember where.
imaketheshow, give him a chance, I reckon we need a different face on tv and he will change his style to more serious when he needs to be I’m sure, he obviously will do things a bit differently to hosting a children’s show. He also said that he used to watch the mole and was a big fan so he should know what its all about.
Good luck to him!

10 Izobel2 { 01.11.13 at 3:16 pm }

Well done AP – you should get a gig at the casting department!

I’ve only seen one season of The Mole – it had Jess from Big Brother in it – I wasn’t in to Reality TV that much when this originally aired… I caught it on midday TV a couple of years ago during the Xmas non-ratings period. I was hooked after the first episode and wanted to see more seasons. So this should be good.

11 Daisy { 01.11.13 at 3:39 pm }

Yes, well done AP from me too. You’re a good talent scout.

12 A.P { 01.11.13 at 3:57 pm }

I want 10% commission please! Call me!

13 Daisy { 01.11.13 at 4:05 pm }

Yes for sure but if we all hate him you’ll want use to forget it was your idea.

14 Daisy { 01.11.13 at 4:15 pm }

I’ve tried unsuccessfully to put this idea under RTV ideas so I’ll put it here;
The Mole meets Come Dine with Me meets, Cluedo meets Agatha Christie/Inspector Poirot. You have a cast (celeb or not), maybe dressed as various characters. They meet at a country retreat, on a train or on a cruise. There is an unidentified ‘ person who has to ‘murder’ an unsuspecting cast member each week. The cast and viewers have to work out who the ‘killer’ is. Each week the viewers can nominate/vote for who they want ‘bumped off next eg “Colonel Mustard in the Library. The ‘killer’ has to try and eliminate as many of the cast as he/she can without getting caught. There could be a prize that increases the more you get away with. It’s a bit evil.

15 A.P { 01.11.13 at 5:43 pm }

Could be a goer Daisy!

16 Just me { 03.03.13 at 9:52 pm }

I think he’s a great choice! He was bubbly in kids shows, but I’ve seen him do other stuff and he’s very intelligent.
ps. He never did date Natalie Garonzi.