Dance Moms The Second Part Of Season Two Start Tonight

Dance Moms is a show you either love or hate, and I have to confess I am in the former category probably because my daughter has it on repeat constantly, that and Cupcake Wars!

Apart from the dancing interestingly enough the other favourite aspect of the show for most fans is the star, the dance teacher Miss Abbey.

The premise of the show is a dance troupe from Miss Abby Miller’s dance studio in Pittsburg. Each week the girls compete in a dance tournament and it show the rigours they have to go through to get there. Of course it is also about their mothers as well who sit there and bitch and moan about Abby and about each other.

This show is not for everyone but the people who do tend to like it turn into fanatics.

Dance Moms start tonight and will be on each Tuesday on Lifestyle You at 8.30pm.

1 Calliegirl { 01.15.13 at 4:47 pm }

Yes RR this show has a weird fascination. I have seen bits of it, but thanks for the heads up, might tape it tonight. I often wonder how the teacher, Abby Lee can manage to actually show the pupils how to do the moves (size of her etc), but I guess she has other paid teachers to do that. Her voice sounded very croaky in this film clip. But stunning piece of dance they did…

2 A.P { 01.15.13 at 4:54 pm }

I’ve seen most of it already, its a train wreck but you can’t help watching.
Abby Lee always seems to favour Maddy, she is a good little dancer though.
I wonder why the moms aren’t just banned from the dance school to leave those poor little kids in peace, but I guess there would be no drama if they did that.
I’m sure they all play along for the show.

3 Daisy { 01.15.13 at 4:58 pm }

Don’t forget the Hollywood series is on ABC tonight.

4 TVJunkie { 01.15.13 at 6:43 pm }

First up – Pittsburgh (your article is missing the h).

Secondly, I spent some time in Pittsburgh in December and yes, I’ll admit that I made my friend drive me so I could get a photo outside the studio. Pathetic I know, but it had to be done. And interestingly enough, I wasn’t the only one doing it. LOL

And yes the entire show is a train wreck that I can’t help but watch.

5 Izobel2 { 01.15.13 at 9:43 pm }

I don’t like this show at all and really enjoyed Come Dine With me instead, and thanks Daisy we bought a new recorder on the weekend so lost all my settings so I’ve missed Hollywood but will watch it on catch up tv tomorrow. Cheers.

6 Gabby { 01.16.13 at 11:39 am }

Looking forward to Dance Moms, have watched previous series so have to stay with it. It really irks me how Abby favours Maddy, it’s so blatant. My favourite little girl is Chloe, she always comes second behind Maddie. Cannot stand the mothers, except maybe the (I am sorry to say this but I can’t think of her name) the coloured mum, she doesn’t scream as much. All the kids are lovely and I feel sorry for them being stuck in the middle of Abby and their mums.
I taped Come dine with me and Hollywood, so have some catching up to do.
I see you have all been having a good rant on Survivor!

7 Georgie { 01.16.13 at 11:54 am }

What about a series on soccer mums?

8 Gabby { 01.16.13 at 12:06 pm }

Oh My God, could you imagine soccer mums. If this is what dance mums behave like, I hate to think what soccer mums would be like.
I don’t really know why I think soccer mums would be worse!!

9 Georgie { 01.16.13 at 12:32 pm }

Check out your local sports grounds any Saturday morning Gabby. Doesn’t matter which sport, it’s all good viewing.

10 A.P { 01.16.13 at 3:22 pm }

Gabby, my favourite girl is also Chloe, she needs more love and attention from Abby, she tries so hard to get up The Pyramid but her mother is a nightmare.
Abby has a one track mind, dance, dance, dance, she doesn’t care at all about other activities the girls might like to do and school just doesn’t seem important to her compared to dancing.

11 Gabby { 01.16.13 at 7:43 pm }

AP, poor Chloe, I don’t know how she is so lovely with that horrid mother. I was so happy when she won that spot in the dance video a few eps back and beat Maddy. Maddy and her mum did not like it one little bit and I think her mum took the director out to lunch as well if I remember right, sucking up to him, something like that anyway. Wish I could remember like Daisy! What about how crazy she is not letting them ask about her getting married, and has a restraining order on them forbidding them from mentioning anything, talk about one crazy lady.

12 Mermaidsinc { 01.16.13 at 8:18 pm }

This is the only show that makes me wish I had Foxtel. Now be honest it’s not just your daughter who loves this – there must be some déjà vu moments from D2S!

13 Helen { 03.26.13 at 9:29 pm }

What about Jill – wow, she is a piece of work. I watch this on and off, only because my daughter absolutely loves it (dancer). There is a lot of drama, I’m sure a lot put on but it is crazy how much the parents fight with Abby in front of the kids, they’re terrible role models. As for Jill, I know she adds to the drama but she is just awful, I also hate Candy Apples schemer Kathy.

14 Reality Raver { 03.27.13 at 9:29 am }

Helen, The fighting has gotten full on this season. I tell my daughter you know it is not real it is staged, but yes she loves it too. Agree dump the Candy Apples sub plot it is getting tedious.

15 Random { 08.04.13 at 7:35 pm }

I think kendall and nia are gorgeous little girls who work so hard. As many bad things people like to say about maddie, she is the most talented dancer and she is far from a brat. Her mother isn’t as bad as people want to think. Mackenzie is sadly in maddie’s shadow. Paige and brooke could do with a few more technical lessons and their mother needs to close her mouth sometimes. Chloe is so sweet but her mother on the other hand…