Masterchef: The Professionals – Are They Trying To Soften Marco-Pierre White

If this latest Masterchef: The Professionals is anything to go by it looks like Network TEN are looking at softening Marco Pierre White’s image.

They have done the tough task master Marco which has had some negative feedback on some social media. This may have spooked them, as they are counting a lot on Masterchef: The Professionals to kick off the new ratings year for them.  Here in the promo above he is seen in a more caring manner.

In fact TV Tonight queried if he was a softie in an interview.

Also as we know these shows do tend to hinge on the contestants and news.com.au has a bit more information about them. They have kindly typecast them.

Masterchef: The Professionals start Sunday 20 January on Network TEN at 7.30pm

1 Daisy { 01.16.13 at 2:05 pm }

If that’s the case, it might be a good move. Aussies generally don’t appreciate people being too big fo their culinary boots.
It seems like there is a lot of snobbery attatched to the world of cooking, sorry cuisine.

2 Rob { 01.16.13 at 2:48 pm }

His image is being radically softened now because Ch10 promos dept took the wrong line with him and their initial promos didn’t reflect the show in any way, shape or form. Networks have a nasty habit of letting their promos dept dictate a production company’s show content and when the public see the show, it looks like false advertising. Cite: Big Brother. Tails don’t wag dogs. Or at least they shouldn’t.

3 A.P { 01.16.13 at 3:14 pm }

He said on The Project that he is a bit of a softie and does get emotional.
He and Jowlsy seem very close, they’ve known each other a long time.

4 brain dead dave { 01.16.13 at 3:51 pm }

Marco doesn’t seem so bad. I like him. He was a pussycat on The Project last night. It’s just showbiz,baby.

It’s real ar$eholes like Lleyton Hewitt who should be banished from our screens.

5 gidgetvonlarue { 01.16.13 at 5:22 pm }

I don’t think he NEEDS to be ‘softened’ at all. I’ve watched him on various British shows and he is a teddy bear compared to Ramsay. Thing is he is a true chef and it’s no good him being all wishy washy when he’s dealing with professional chefs. These are not the every day home cook, these people work in restaurants so he needs that ‘edge’.

I honestly hope Ch 10 have not pussified him. He needs to be his own self – plus I think he’s sexy as hell!

6 Joseph Skyrim { 01.17.13 at 8:47 am }

Drats, missed them on the Project but I guess I’ll be seeing a lot of them soon enough! 😛 Anyone know the schedule? Is it going to be a daily thing or only a few nights a week? For example I imagine there would be no need for “masterclass” Fridays?

7 brain dead dave { 01.17.13 at 8:58 am }

Shame on you for missing the ads, Joseph. The first week the schedule is Sun, Mon, Tues at 7.30.

I expect the other nights Jowl$y is busy being hooked up to a stomach pump.

8 Bilsey { 01.17.13 at 2:54 pm }

RR just wondering if you’ll be running a post on Marco Pierre White’s interview with Austero which ended in him being called a ‘rude prick’ by the radio host? Don’t know if this address will work but you might need to take the m. out of the url at the start.. On my phone so its the mobile site…

9 Joseph Skyrim { 01.17.13 at 4:32 pm }

Thanks BDD @7! :)

10 Stacey { 01.17.13 at 11:35 pm }

I get the feeling MPW is one of those people who gets under your skin just by being in the vicinity of them. It’s his tone of voice, his expressions and the way he conducts himself in day-to-day life (in the kitchen) that impacts on you. The thing with Gordon Ramsay is you know what you’re going to get. It’s already expected that you’ll get theatrics and yelling and swearing. MPW is intimidating, which is a lot worse I think. I’m not really sure where I’m going with this, but anyway he must be a different kind of guy though, if this article is anything to go by:

11 brain dead dave { 01.18.13 at 10:35 am }

Sometimes people deserve to be chucked out of restaurants. My first full time job was in a high end restaurant. I used to hate:

*professional complainers playing status games, never happy unless they’re unhappy.
* the greedy who stuff themselves with food and wine and then throw up ,rarely successfully getting their stomach contents into a toilet bowl.
*ingrates who snap their fingers when they want service.]
*the fashionably late.

12 Reality Raver { 01.18.13 at 1:42 pm }

Bilsey – putting one up now. Bit slow off the mark on that one as at Disney.

13 A.P { 01.18.13 at 1:56 pm }

Wish I was there with you RR, never been to USA and Disneyland.
Have a great time.