My Kitchen Rules – Some Changes Are Happening

My Kitchen Rules is switching things up this year to keep things fresh, and it also looks like they look at what people are saying on social media sites.

Firstly they have brought in a new judge chef, Colin Fassnidge, and have dumped Tobie Puttock.

Colin is a Sydney Chef who cooks and owns at the Four In Hand and 4fourteen. It looks like it is going to be a big year for him both in the media and in the kitchen.

They are also blind taste testing for the first time which fans of My Kitchen Rules and Masterchef have been calling for a long time.

Also someone is going to be crashing the My Kitchen Rules dinner parties. Have no idea who it is but I am hoping it is the Peter the villain from last year who was  a contestant on the show.

Who do you think it will be? Another chef perhaps?

My Kitchen Rules starts Monday 28 January at 7.30pm on SEVEN.

1 Cheryl { 01.18.13 at 9:11 am }

My husband suggested it might be one of the previous couples from each city, so if they were in Perth it could be Daniela and Stefania, if they were in Tassie it could be Megan and Andy for example. That would save them money on flights and give the new contestants a kind of local mentor. But I doubt the MKR producers are that smart, it’s probably going to be Thomas and/or Peter.

2 Georgie { 01.18.13 at 9:22 am }

Maybe the previous winners – Princess, Leigh, Sammy and Bella taking it in turns.

3 PollyB { 01.18.13 at 10:10 am }

Blind tastings and Colin, this is going to be great.

4 brain dead dave { 01.18.13 at 10:19 am }

Gina Rinehart~ she might not want the publicity but she won’t be able to refuse the food on offer.

5 Dr T { 01.18.13 at 11:22 am }

Will be interesting to see if MC – Pro will make a dent in MKR. I’m going to have a hard time working out which one to watch and which one to copy

6 Stacey { 01.18.13 at 11:55 am }

Cant wait for the blind tasting. Should make things very interesting!

7 Gabby { 01.18.13 at 8:21 pm }

Blind tasting, great. They should have been doing it ages ago. I hope they do it right from the early stages. Good news it is happening in both shows too.

8 Daisy { 01.19.13 at 12:12 am }

Dame Edna would make a good gate crasher.
They might be allowed to have a family member, like a mad uncle.
And I agree with you BDD that GR might be willing slap on a chiffon moo moo and stuff her feet into some low heels. I enjoy drawing her.
Curious to see her the visitors might be.

9 Izobel2 { 01.19.13 at 8:51 am }

What they need to do is blind scoring. So couples don’t know where they are on the ladder to prevent low-scoring.
My husband will watch MC but won’t watch MKR because of this.

And how will they do blind tasting at the couples house?
I’m guessing the blind tasting will only happen when they go to Kitchen HQ or whatever it’s called!
Will be watching both this and MC. Tape one and watch the other.

10 Daisy { 01.19.13 at 10:15 am }

Rolf and I were getting so mad at that horrible couple that were saying “lets give them a 1”. What is that dreadful guy up to now. The guy in the capri pants. He was hopeless in the kitchen….food going everywhere and no sense of time.

11 Izobel2 { 01.19.13 at 11:40 am }

Thomas. He of the Thomas & Carla team.

Gee that seems like so long ago now.
That’s the part Í don’t like about the show… the whole “let’s give them a 1” part. Everything else I like.

12 Daisy { 01.19.13 at 12:05 pm }

Thomas and Carla. I’ll lock it in. Thomas was right up there with Bently, Deni Hines and Michael from BB for me. I didn’t like Carla either. There were a few nice teams tho. I liked the crazy giggling WA team (and not just because they were from WA).

13 Izobel2 { 01.19.13 at 2:28 pm }

Except Bentley was hot to look at. For me anyway.

Deni Hines was awful wasn’t she.

14 Daisy { 01.19.13 at 2:30 pm }

Bently : hot and heartless.

15 Izobel2 { 01.19.13 at 2:38 pm }

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong Bentley is a terrible dude. And he was too damn gutless to show up to the Men tell All episode. The producers must’ve been hating it that he didn’t show. Especially after they flew him half way across the country to mess with Ashley’s mind one more time…