Masterchef Professionals – Was That A Dummy Spit We Just Witnessed?

Well that was one of the best dummy spits that has been seen on an Australian reality TV show in quite sometime so bravo to Anthony for saying what he really thought however he did end up looking like a bit of a tool

In fact it was disappointing they eliminated him as it looked like he could give good reality TV, well more than Nathan is going to give us as the expression on his face just continues to be blank.

This pair were the bottom two in tonight’s episode where they had to cook a dish from the heart.

Only the green team from the from yesterday’s tram challenge were up for elimination, the others watched from the balcony. I note none of the calling out that goes on in the amateur series.

They had access to the biggest Masterchef pantry yet, and there was some good and not so good cooking.

Nathan plated up a weird combination of  Lamb Brains and Mussels, it was unclear whether he had cooked this combination before. However he did reveal to Marco that his father died when he was eight, and then Marco commisserated and then told him he had also lost his mother at the age of six. He then added that he thought gastronomy was the greatest form of therapy that anyone can be exposed to. Not sure if that everyone would agree with that.

Nathan served up his brains underdone and Marco told him people had been let go for less. He was peeved that Nathan had not told them when he put the plate down that he thought the brains were under done and apologised.

Anthony was doing a weird seafood tasting plate. He said it was five courses on a plate.  He continued to talk himself up saying he cooked for the rich and famous and they demanded great food and he was sought after. Clearly he missed the don’t f**k with the produce talk that Marco gave at the beginning of the episode as he wrapped bacon around lobster. That is something you would see in a bad US chain restaurant. He revealed he was on Masterchef to help him find opportunities to come back home.

Sarah was making Squid Ink Cuttlefish pasta with pipis and mussels,  but was struggling to get it finished. Her techniques look good but she needs to calm down. In judging they were critical of the look but liked the flavours. However she did herself a favour as when asked who was her culinary inspiration she answered Marco. So extra brownie points for her. Just as well she had not mention Gordon Ramsay or Jamie Oliver or it could have gotten ugly. Also the few tears shed helped her get a pep talk from them after they had asked the standard MC question of what her dreams were.

Rhys was making a trio of seafood which looked pretty boring and not a lot in two hours. There was a prawn wrapped in pastry, Tempura Whiting and one other mini dish. However it tasted better than it looked.

Akuc made Spicy Lentil Soup as it was what her family made a lot of at home in Africa. Marco was pleased she had not tried to trick it up and they liked the flavours.

Chrissie was also cooking for her family and after being out of a kitchen fulltime for six years she seemed to lack a bit of confidence. However her  Blueberry and Almond Tart wowed the judges however they managed to refrain from eating it all.

Rhett’s Whiting with Papaya Salad with a thai dressing. Marco thought the chilli was too strong, do we have another George Calombaris who has an aversion to spicy? However Matt thought there was too much carrot. He did cook the fish well.

Anthony who was another of the boys talking a big game had burnt his crab souffle.

Now back to Antony, Marco told him the plate looked like a ship wreck. He had burnt his crab souffle, and he still kept it on the plate. Also after the judges had been pretty disparaging particularly about serving stuff up in egg cups, he sulked in the contestants waiting room that they should not try too hard.

Akuc won the challenge with her soup and Anthony was eliminated.

And he did not take it well. In his farewell speech he disparaged Akuc soup saying ” I thought my dish had a lot going on compared to two hours to make a soup…”, and said next time he would “remember to cook like an amateur”. Unfortunately Marco did not fire back at him, but just told him to go and hang up his chef whites.

In the voice over as they showed him leaving he said that Penelope Cruz and Tommy Lee had never had a problem with his crab souffle. Maybe he had not served a burnt one to them. Anyway he swaggered off into the Masterchef sunset saying he was off back to his glamorous life and rock and roll lifestyle. Well whatever it takes to make you feel better I suppose.

Related Posts

1 Chris W { 01.22.13 at 10:19 pm }

Thanks for the early recap – I had a function to attend and missed it. Sounds like it’s worth watching a repeat.

Marco’s repetition may be catching: you doubled up “Rhett’s Whiting” paragraph!!!

2 Gabby { 01.22.13 at 10:28 pm }

My interpretation of ‘gastronomy the greatest form of therapy’ is comfort eating! Wich I have done plenty of over the years.
Anthony was really peed, did not think he should be the one to go. The girl who won was very lucky her pastry turned out well, seeing she didn’t know the ingredients. It amazes me that they take such a chance in an elimination round, but good on her, it did look delicious. I am a desert person so out of all the dishes I would have chosen that one to eat. I thought Rhett’s was pretty straightforward even though the whiting was cooked well, not a whole lot of elements to it.
At least we didn’t have Marco repeating himself tonight, gave us a bit of a break from that. I enjoyed the show and I’m looking forward to next week.

3 A.P { 01.22.13 at 10:34 pm }

It was a great dummy spit, but in a way I can see where he was coming from although he expressed it very arrogantly.
To me he’s already made it big if he’s that famous and he really thought he had cooked something spectacular and deserved to win.
He went all out to show what he could do and his pride was hurt to be taken down a peg or two so he had to lash out about the soup which he probably couldn’t understand why it was the dish of the day. To me that soup looked delicious.
He’s better off overseas where he’s appreciated and doesn’t have to cook like an amateur anymore I suppose.
Wish Marco would have had a go at him though after his parting remarks, now that would have been interesting!

4 Littlepetal { 01.22.13 at 10:40 pm }

These are professional chefs and they seem to crumble under pressure and need advice from the gallery. I am waiting for the recipe for the lentils soup. It has to be really really good to be the best dish. But 2 hours to prepare this dish. The judges are showing some favouritism here.

5 Carole { 01.22.13 at 10:42 pm }

OK while Anthony acted like a bit of an idiot, he did have a point. I can’t understand how that lentil soup could possibly have won over that beautiful blueberry tart, which looked delicious plus they raved about it. Lentil soup is pretty ordinary & boring and I don’t know how it could possibly have won over some of the dishes served.

Those promos are so misleading. When they showed Marco saying it looks like a shipwreck, they showed one of the girls, and it looked like he was saying it to them. I thought Chrissy did really well cooking that pastry, the tart & ice cream without a recipe when it wasn’t her strong suit. I can’t cook pastry even with a recipe. Always hated cooking pastry, so now I cheat & buy the sheets in the supermarket. Thank God for them.

After seeing the amateurs thanking the judges and hugging everyone when they were eliminated, it was funny seeing someone chuck a mental and say what they really feel.

6 Danielle { 01.22.13 at 10:49 pm }

Here is the recipe:
I think she could have made the bread too. When I made bread it took me two hours (mostly because of the resting involved).
I thought the tart would win. I am glad noone has complained about Chrissie asking Coop for advice: All the Chefs should ask for advice and realise noone can know it all.

7 brain dead dave { 01.22.13 at 10:57 pm }

I’ll drive you to the airport ,Anthony.

Marco said it all with “Logic of the mad house”. Now that really was worthy of a quadruple repetition.

Best Ma$terchef dummy spit of all time. Like Saddam Hussein lighting oil wells when he left Kuwait. Fancy stuffing all that badly cooked garbage into egg cups. His “skyrocketing” career is now set to be more checkered than Jowl$y’s suits….and wasn’t tonight’s a pearler? Bring on the lilac.

“Shallow brooks are the noisiest”-Dr. Phil. Anthony was deafening.

$hine captured that name dropping viper’s crash and burn perfectly.

It was great tv and the crushing final stanza also served to atone for the gratuitous crying earlier in the show.

8 Maz { 01.22.13 at 11:23 pm }

Best dummy spit in MC history. Anthony’s mistake was not to cook like an amata but failure to sob like an amata.
I am over the crying, the children (nobody over the age of 7 should use the word ‘mummy’ on national tv) and the sob stories. Its at the point you wish Gordon Ramsay was there telling them all to harden the f*** up.

9 Jill { 01.22.13 at 11:25 pm }
10 Gabby { 01.22.13 at 11:25 pm }

Oh yes BDD the crying, how could I forget. I thought if there is one more tear, and thankfully there wasn’t. I hope we are not going to have the tears every night, I can’t stand it. Every time the girls are asked anything, out come the tears, drives you crazy. I bet there will be a few tears from some of the guys before the series ends. Thank goodness for taping and fast forwarding.

11 brain dead dave { 01.23.13 at 12:00 am }

Seemed to me Anthony did cook like an amata tonight and he looked on the verge of tears at one point but he transformed it into a celebration of scowling passive aggression against his peers, the judges and finally, Australia.

I don’t think he missed anyone bar the celebs who gave him “rave reviews” as only they are savvy enough to recognise his culinary genius.

Hopefully,Anthony’s appalling implosion will be repeated on One on the weekend. Jowl$y’s helpless drooling over and coveting of the blueberry tart was a highlight, too.

12 Gwen { 01.23.13 at 12:10 am }

Gabby didn’t Akuc won with her soup not the beautiful blueberry tart. That should ve won. It looked great. In a way Anthony was right but he shouldn’t have insulted her in the process . And Anthony who ever said having money and being a celebrity makes you a connoisseur ? You could be rich and have no taste buds. It’s just like when they say ” oh it’s my grandmother recipe” so what because she s a grandma it doesn’t make her good cook. I should know I had one of them.

13 Marie { 01.23.13 at 12:13 am }

The tantrum was spectacular television. 9/10. Good use of the face, the almost tears and red colouration added to the impression of simmering rage. Fantastically bitter and pedantic speech. Lost a point because he needed to do something to stand out from the crowd. A thrown apron or a decent, thinly-veiled threat are classic maneuvers that, if combined with his performance, would have gotten him full marks.

It must be hard giving helpful feedback at a higher level of cooking. Something like ‘too much carrot’ is useful only for that particular dish. It would be hard to show the judges you were learning from them. Overall the food being cooked is quite interesting, a lot of new ideas and techniques. I feel like the quality is only going to get better too.

14 Georgie { 01.23.13 at 12:37 am }

A shipwreck on the plate and a train wreck elimination performance. Loved it – getting a bit of reality back into RTV. Will definitely be looking out for the encore.

15 Daisy { 01.23.13 at 12:56 am }

Maz@8 “failure to sob” I love it.
Now I have already deleted my recording so I am trying to recall what Marco said the three components of a good meal were. But the last component he said was the “story”. Damn, what if I cooked some fantastic dish but my story was crap. I make spicy lentil soup. I love it. I will try Akuc’s recipe. But 2 hours? Level of difficulty? Her story is hard to beat.
Anthony was sure to go; bad attitude, crap story, bad dish.
Even though I’m not a big sweet lover, I thought the tart looked one of the best.
Next time I’m in a restaurant I will have to call for the chef and ask him to tell me the story of his dish before I will be able to decide how good the food is.
If he produces a good story and can sob as well, I’ll know it must be good.

16 Daisy { 01.23.13 at 1:00 am }

I did feel sorry for Anthony because he blew his own trumpet but made himself look like a loser.

17 Dunbi { 01.23.13 at 1:49 am }

What an exit! Very arrogant with a bad attitude. Great TV though.

18 sarnias { 01.23.13 at 2:34 am }

Marie – “Marco has this amazing way of complimenting someone so sincerely while simultaneously looking like he is about to suddenly stab them. ” THAT COMMENT IS GOLD!

19 Isabel { 01.23.13 at 6:55 am }

That was fabulous tv! Watching Anthony swallowing, face getting redder, twitching, eyes rolling – and that was before he knew he was eliminated! So no big opportunity looming in Australia for you Anthony – better get back to your super yachts full of celebrities with zero taste buds.

And how nice to see decent table manners. Just a taste of everything for Marco instead of licking the knife, even Matt seemed a little more restrained in how much he ate.

20 PollyB { 01.23.13 at 7:19 am }

Maz – I agree on every point. I’m ffwding too much of this already. What sort of chef breaks down the way this lot are. Pathetic. And, if the pastry on the tart was so good why did Jowl$y not cut through the bottom of his? It looked soft and undercooked to me.
Go Luke! :)

21 MPW Overrated { 01.23.13 at 7:30 am }

Not surprised.
To win MasterCrap Amateurs you have to be a migrant racial minority, cooking food from a third world village idiot recipe book and cry like a flood.
Lentil soup?!
WTF! Who really eats lentil soup in Australia? Migrants and a few tossers or posers?

Seriously, if any of these criers actually work in a professional kitchen and are able to cope with their occupational pressure environment and provide their paying customers with timely, edible food… is a mystery!

As for Anthony?
A poor loser?
All talk, no action?
Bad hair day?
He is right though. The dishes so far from these amateurs are amateurish.
They should read a few celebrity Chef coffee table atrocities. Maybe get some advice from Doona Hayfever.

Too much Curtis Stone and Coles… Down, Down, Quality is Down…
and not enough Woolworths Fresh Food Rip Offs.

22 Georgie { 01.23.13 at 8:01 am }

Being a chef to the stars mustn’t pay very well. The rich and famous are famous for expecting gratuitous service in return for the privilege of being in their stellar company.

Man overboard!

23 brain dead dave { 01.23.13 at 8:44 am }

You wonder how many of Anthony’s creations are vomited over the sides of these celebrity super yachts , destined to be fish food.

24 donae { 01.23.13 at 8:46 am }

From the couch I’d have gone for the blueberry tart, the soup looked
very thick, Matts’ spoon made an indent mark but the over-inflated
Anthony had to go. The souffle looked like a dead muffin, in that silly
little egg cup there would have been a lot of “skin” and not much if any
cloud like filling and he should have known that. It is interesting the
“attitude” of some of the chefs to others, more than a little sexism, it’s
an new dimension to this series.

25 Joseph Skyrim { 01.23.13 at 9:11 am }

Haha I thought BDD would have enjoyed that outcome! :D I was leaning towards Anthony to get the boot because of what Marco said in ep1 “You’re not here to cook. You’re here to listen.” Too busy hearing the sound of his own horn/rock music to listen I guess.

Also it shows that doing many things wrongly will always trump doing one thing wrongly. Even if that one thing is undercooking a brain. Ewww.

I didn’t notice the non-cheering until RR pointed it out above. I find this -GREAT-. Ofcourse, some of them were still asking for help (looking at you, pie lady). I think that was just to give more likability points to Coop though, who told her how to fix her ice cream.

Looking forward to next week! :D

26 chasingvegas { 01.23.13 at 9:16 am }

Sorry, but what a douche bag! It’s really not an enjoyable watch at the moment the contestants are way to on edge, ego driven wannabes.

27 brain dead dave { 01.23.13 at 9:31 am }

I think Anthony should just forget about the celeb yachts and boldly step out on a new journey as a Meatloaf impersonator.

I’ve caught a few KG Whiting and just add lemon juice and some cracked pepper. Why murder it with chilli?

28 Dr T { 01.23.13 at 9:59 am }

I’m still happy… At least there hasn’t been any of the “I’m doing something I’ve never done before”

I have no problem at all with story that Akuc and the single mum (sorry, brain fart, can’t remember her name) have brought. The challenge was to cook something that said something about their lives, and to do it well, that is what those two ladies did. They did what they were asked to do.

I’m on a caesar salad kick at the moment (it’s me… I get stuck on one thing)… and I can tell you there are massive difference between cafes/restaurants charging the same price. I think the soup thing would be the same also, I can understand how that can win.

I appreciate that Akuc’s story is particularly heart wrenching, but it did tell us about her through food. On the flip side Jellyfish’s life story seemed to be I run a successful restaurant – here’s a dish… doesn’t really tell us much about him…

Anthony told us plenty, which was why he won a golden ticket out the door… “My life story is a cook shit for rock stars… here’s some shit I serve them on their yacht… and they love it, because my shit doesn’t stink”

Great TV…

PS If you’re here bitching about it, then you’re watching it and being entertained

29 Barney { 01.23.13 at 10:40 am }

I think Anthony fabricated his CV. He’s more likely, by his appearance and ability, to be a cook on a cruise ship or maybe for the navy. (No offence meant to the navy.)

30 brain dead dave { 01.23.13 at 10:41 am }

Anthony drops those celebrity names at a rate so thick and fast , it’s not clear if he’s a private chef with all the bells and whistles to Tommy Lee , Tommy Lee Jones or both. His original bio says Tommy Lee Jones. Then amidst the culling chaos of last night when clutching at straws , I thought he said Tommy Lee (the rock star from Motley Crue) as RR reported.

Guess it doesn’t matter much but $hine should sieze the day and bring back Anthony later as a scorned “intruder” from hell. I’ve never seen a Ma$terchef contestant go down swinging like that.

31 Daisy { 01.23.13 at 10:50 am }

Oh dear. What chance does Rhett(?) have of winning Masterchef Professionals when hie “story” is I’m a successful professional? What hope does he have?
Personally I find these shows intersting for the food, the personalities and the on-the-spot dramas. I hope they stop with the story now.
My Dad died when I was 4. I doubt if I would milk it and blow it up and pretend it defines my cooking today. These people must be made to choose one aspect of heir lives and over-sentimentalize it.
I just hope those who continue into the comp are serving the best food, and not the best BS.
Also I don’t think people would last in the pressure of a real restaurant kitchen if their emotions/passion for food was so easily welling up in tears. You’d be out on your ear for falling apart.
There are only a few contestants that are showing signs of not being amateurs.
Also for whoever said lentil soup was posh. If anyone thinks they’re posh eating it… you’re deluded. It’s as basic to Indians as weeet-bix is to us. And is good for making you do poo.

32 brain dead dave { 01.23.13 at 10:56 am }

PS This is being encored today at 11am in the eastern states on Ch 10~in about four minutes.

It’ll say “undefined ” if you’re late with an edit.Then when the page refreshes your screen name should be there as usual.

33 Daisy { 01.23.13 at 11:00 am }

@31 Is me, Daisy. I have no idea why it said undefined.

34 Daisy { 01.23.13 at 11:09 am }

Yeah. Thanks BDD. I realized that later. A bit early for me and I’ve only had one coffee. I’m an IT amata.

35 Littlepetal { 01.23.13 at 12:03 pm }

Just read another profile ab
out Anthony. He really talked himself up. If he is so good, why bother with MCP. Also if he is so good, one of this rich clients of his can finance him to open his own restaurant. He also said he never cook the same dish twice.

Another egoistic profile:

36 Simone Johnson { 01.23.13 at 12:08 pm }

What a sore loser! I was cringing with the way he was carrying on, no thanks or best wishes for remaining contestants. Moron.

37 Helen { 01.23.13 at 12:28 pm }

To #21 – you watched the show, but did you actually LISTEN? The judges’ decision to pick Akuc’s soup was based on her story and her connection with the soup, as much as it was about the taste. Before you get going on the Pauline Hansen bandwagon, you should listen to what’s actually being said on the show. I love Masterchef for being able to showcase the diversity of foods and the stories behind people who cook the dishes. Suggestion: if you want white-sliced bread programming over the multi-grain variety, I’d suggest you stick to shows like The Block.

38 brain dead dave { 01.23.13 at 12:36 pm }

He just said on the Encore, quote:

“Everything that leaves my kitchen is always perfect”

Pigs ar$e.

Last night the rhetoric and the reality were worlds apart and all that was left was yet another garden variety desperate and deluded Ma$terchef contestant.

He also said he was on Ma$terchef with the hope that he could come back to Australia and work here. If he was so good, as Littlepetal has suggested, surely these galaxies of superstars would have him on healthy retainers to hang on the yacht and not cane the lemon essence.

Now he’s dirty on the world and going back to “cook for the superstars and live the life”. He said Tommy Lee Jones as well.

39 Reality Raver { 01.23.13 at 12:37 pm }

Anthony’s plate looked unappetising. Sure some of the bits on the plate may have tasted OK, some did not. A really good bowl of soup would have kicked its arse easily in my opinion.

40 Daisy { 01.23.13 at 1:22 pm }

In defense of MPW@21. You don’t know that these are P Hanson statements. I read the statement to mean that MCP were being racist. Racism takes many forms, one being when someone is favoured because of it, or when we can say what we like about any group, Yanks, Septic Tanks, Poms, Kiwis as long as they’re white. Akuc’s soup may have been the best dish, we don’t know because we don’t get to taste it. The biggest barb @21 was was “the village idiot cookbook”. Wow and look at some of the other comments made about the possibly Caucasion contestants, no-one’s saying that’s racist.
I don’t like inverted racism either. BTW many Aussies are mixed race anyway. Whoever wins, let it be on merit. I’m liking Luke’s intensity and look forward to seeing him in action.

It may be that Akuc knew that her soup was great and took a risk making something so simple.

Oh and @21 I think lentil soup or dahl rounds of a curry feast. My family were immigrants from Sri Lanka and India in the 30′s, so I don’t know if I really qualify as an immigrant, I’m not a fan of posers, so I’ll just be a tosser. Am laughing. I wish you could come to dinner and I’ll make you some Kashmiri curry dishes with lentil soup.

I think Matt is forcing himself to stop at half the pudding because he knows people call him Jowl$y. But he probably went back and ate the tart afterwards.

41 Anna { 01.23.13 at 1:31 pm }

All but 2 missed the instructions… cook from the heart…

Anfony will find it hard to get a job now… the dummy spit must have give a few people whiplash

I noticed last night that Matt is just sampling the dishes, and not licking the plate if he really enjoyed it….

42 Reality Raver { 01.23.13 at 1:47 pm }

Little Petal – Thanks for the links

43 Daze { 01.23.13 at 1:48 pm }

All I know is the brown bomb in the egg cup looked like a turd. I totally get the look of quiet horror on both Matt & Marco’s faces when it was shipwrecked to them. Vile.
A very sore loser, with a huge temper Im guessing, watching the body language and strumming fingers, face getting redder by the minute.

44 brain dead dave { 01.23.13 at 2:39 pm }

Don’t think there’ll be rush on egg cups at Coles anytime soon.

I love simple,raw food and am Jowl$ing out at the minute on grapes ,peaches and tomatoes straight off the tree/vine.

I’m sharing with Penelope Cruz , Clint Eastwood and the Rolling$tones but.

45 Gabby { 01.23.13 at 3:18 pm }

Gwen @ 12, thanks for the picking me up there. Don’t know why I wrote the tart was the winner (food, not the woman). I think they were just saying she had done an excellent job on the pastry and the whole dish. Looked delish to me.
Isabel @ 19, agree wholy about the manners and the amount of food that was eaten, god to see Matt taking Marco’s lead at the table. I didn’t feel I had to fast fwd the whole ugly, slow mess.
BDD @ 27 agree about the whiting and same can definitely be said about the lobster, why murder it with bacon wrapped around! Yuk.

46 Daisy { 01.23.13 at 3:36 pm }

Poor Anthony, Master Disaster. And little self-awareness of his own self-importance. The egg that should have been in the cups wound up on his face. Don’t you feel sorry for him ,a little bit.
And wasn’t it great viewing. I wish more of them would hurl their aprons at Marco and make dramatic exits. I mean if it’s their passion????

47 Daisy { 01.23.13 at 3:40 pm }

Is there a “Best Sore Loser Ever” poll. I think one of the Top Model series girls had a good spit. And one, a really pretty one was a cheat. She’s a VS model now.
Booted off ….now sob!

48 Daisy { 01.23.13 at 3:41 pm }

It would be worth entering just to have a creative exit.

49 Anna { 01.23.13 at 3:51 pm }

Zumbo crazy cakes are back next week and crazier then ever…. wonder if t here will be another dramatic exit… if I was a gambling person my money would be on Rhett

50 Bilsey { 01.23.13 at 4:23 pm }

BDD I have a feeling Anthony will be back.. In one promo theres a clip with MPW asking ‘Anthony you told me you have made crepe suzette before’ and he definately didn’t make crepe’s in the 3 episodes this week.. We might have a fight to rejoin the competition challenge coming up…?

Other than that IMO Anthony had to go.. He annoyed me from the start and was stupid enough to not only cook 5 dishes very badly but to put a burnt souffle on the plate at all! Then his 5 yo hissyfit confirmed it for me.. Childish name dropping cook.. Nothing of his I saw was in anyway Professional! I was so waiting for MPW to knock him down a peg or two!

Re: his celeb clients.. Tommy Lee Jones and Xavier Bardem (mmm Xavier Bardem *drools*) were in a movie together (No Country for Old Men – one of my faves) perhaps he just works for a catering company and cooked for them onset.. Penelope Cruz may have been visiting her husband Xavier that day.. Cos they were the only names I heard dropped again and again.. And looking at his food I doubt I’d hire him to cook for me personally on my million dollar yacht!!!

51 MPW Overrated { 01.23.13 at 4:59 pm }

The village idiot cookbook indeed…

If Crybaby Akuc cooks/chefs anything else apart from her lifestory cookbook sans tears then I will agree that she deserves all accolades.

But, if she does not…

She is just another Julie Goodwin – Mediocrity.

Oh, while we play this tiresome race card…

MasterCrap tries very hard to be everything to everyone… and that is another reason for its ratings and popularity downfall.

As for lentil soup… poor persons food!
Not very popular here in Oz.
Try chicken soup or beef or pumpkin or vegetable… hey ask Julie Goodwin… she probably knows how to make a good/adequate one or a few.

Oh, Daisy, I don’t care or give a hoot about where your family come from or what your heritage is or what food you can or cannot cook or can or cannot eat.
Please, don’t cry, there are no more sweaty tissues left.

52 gidgetvonlarue { 01.23.13 at 5:06 pm }

If Anthony is in SUCH demand by the ‘rich and famous’ why would he bother risking his reputation on a cooking reality show??? I think he is a tad delusional and certainly a sore loser. The fact that HE could not see or taste that his dish was crap makes me think he’s not a very good cook at all. I would have left the burnt souflee off the plate for one.

Although I did laugh a tad when he had a go at the lental soup. I mean come on – what if one of the other chefs did a tomato soup because their mum is Italian? They would have been crucified as it would have been too simple.

And just when you WANT Marco to be all ‘mean and stuff’ he backs down after Anthony’s rant. He should have dressed down that stuck up fat private chef after he went on his rant.

And Anthony – quoting Penelope Cruz and Tommy Lee is not exactley hollywood roylty. She has not been in a film in the last five years, and Tommy Lee is more washed up than rotted seaweed on a beach. Next Cruz is so thin she probably only eats a bowl of lettuce a day – and Tommy Lee is a meth head!

53 Daisy { 01.23.13 at 5:38 pm }

MPW@51 I’m sure I won’t sleep tonight worrying about it.

54 Moonstruck { 01.23.13 at 5:47 pm }

The professionals also seem to be getting cut fingers too. Lots of blue band aids visible. I wonder if they will do taste tests and cutting skills with them.
I wonder how well they would go with those.

55 brain dead dave { 01.23.13 at 5:57 pm }

Golo is overrated .Same bigoted fool. No obvious gay contestants ,so it plays the race card.

56 Georgie { 01.23.13 at 6:03 pm }

There’s nothing posh, poor, tosser or village idiot about the humble lentil. It’s damned good wholesome, healthy food.

Now I know you couldn’t care less MPWo, but I grew up on meat and three veg white Aussie food and from my early twenties, started to discover the more interesting, healthy and versatile cuisine of many of our migrant groups.

I would make lentil soup before beef or chicken, not because I’m a tosser, but because I LOVE LENTILS! :-D

57 Anna { 01.23.13 at 6:03 pm }

Bilsey , I’m hoping that the episode with the crepes ended up on the cutting room floor… a dummy spit from a sore looser would be hard to take again… hopefully he is back to cooking dishes to ‘celebrities’… Cannot imagine producers calling ‘stars’ and asking them for references….

Celebrity Chef might just be a helper to the Real Chef….

58 Daisy { 01.23.13 at 6:46 pm }

Was I supposed to be offended? I think it’s fun. Is that evil?
LOL. No personal attacks on commentors from Daisy.

59 Carole { 01.23.13 at 7:04 pm }

While I agree Anthony acted like a dickhead, I really thought the guy who served up the uncooked brains would have gone. Just the fact he cooked brains should be a sackable offence. Yuk!!!!!!

60 A.P { 01.23.13 at 7:08 pm }

Of all the things to choose from, he picks Brains!
Yuck!
I don’t really have a favourite as yet, need more time to get to know them.

61 Anna { 01.23.13 at 7:13 pm }

Carole and AP, lamb brains are delicious… I’m guessing the fact that he looked outside the box saved him… his dish looked edible, Afony’s did not…

The old crap of eating cold dishes remains…. Would have thought that with Marco as a judge they would be serving him warm dishes…

62 Daisy { 01.23.13 at 9:13 pm }

My mother tried to get us to eat brains once by mashing them up, making fritters from them, and calling them pancakes. Only once!
Lamb’s fry (liver)on the other hand, mixed with gravy and onions, and sometimes bacon was a goer. Can’t do it now though.
Even sausages are a worry.

63 Maz { 01.23.13 at 10:04 pm }

Too bad Marco didn’t tell the contestants this :
“MARCO: Firstly, I never cried in a kitchen. I used to cry on my way home. It was one thing Mr Lamb taught me as a young man he said ‘never cry in the kitchen, you never let them see your weaknesses.’
CommenterMARCOLocationDate and timeJanuary 22, 2013, 12:32PM http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/reader-qa-marco-pierre-white-and-matt-preston-20130121-2d2jg.html

As for Ned Kelly and the lamb brains …its all very Hannibal Lecter.

64 Carole { 01.23.13 at 10:09 pm }

Oh Anna, I don’t like any of those things. Brains, liver or kidneys. My mum used to make lambs fry and steak & kidney pie, but I hated them. You couldn’t just pick the kidney out, the flavour would be through the whole pie, so disgusting.

65 essenzzaa { 01.23.13 at 10:11 pm }

we laffed our heads off watching MCP last night, ta very much. Poor ol Antony, I think he needs help, before he hurts someone, even himself. Go Akuc! Well done, indeed, we’re rootin for ya!

66 Daisy { 01.23.13 at 10:16 pm }

Carole eeewww, the kidneys, somehow I had them once. They smelled of wee.

Just discovered no MCP tonight. Bummer! Into it now thanks to last night’s drama.

67 MPW Overrated { 01.23.13 at 11:48 pm }

Georgie:
Loves Her Lentils,
Loves Her Lentils,
Loves Her Lentils.

Yes, Marco Polo
Yes, Marco Polo
Yes, Marco Polo.

68 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 12:38 am }

Hey Georgie, if you are ever coming to WA, let me know. I will cook you a feast and make you welcome. You can choose anything you like.

And you can bring BDD because we grow our own veg. And Rolf thinks he’s as funny as I do. He can eat all the raw produce he likes.

69 Georgie { 01.24.13 at 7:09 am }

Here you go MPWO, do your poor mean heart a favour and get into some lentils. You don’t have to be a migrant or a poser or a tosser or financially challenged and you can find recipes and info on the wonderful nutritional value of the humble lentil on these links without resorting to a village idiot cookbook. All these experts can’t be wrong surely.

70 A.P { 01.24.13 at 7:42 am }

Maz@63, love your comments re Ned Kelly, brains and Hannibal Lecter, brilliant!

71 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 10:34 am }

Yes, Nathan and Ned Kelly are a good likeness, right down to the dishonesty factor. You get the feeling Marco wanted to put Nathan in an unmarked grave after the brains faux pas as well.

Ma$terchef Professionals has cracked the million mark three nights running ratings wise, though the official ratings season has not begun yet.

Over a million people (migrant minorities included) savoured Anthony’s mindless dummy spit. I’ve seen it twice and enjoyed every nauseating nuance.

The bean counters at $hine would have to be delirious with that, while Ch 10 would be happy that their golden goose has given MKR a good kick in the guts before the starting gun.

However, the ghastly lemon yellow suit that Jowl$y’s packing next week could prove to be a room clearer.

72 Georgie { 01.24.13 at 10:59 am }

Thanks Daisy I may take you up on that offer. I love good, healthy unpretentious food.

73 Anna { 01.24.13 at 12:23 pm }

Carole, sorry to hear that…guess it all comes down to how they were cooked… I tried pigs tail last year… expected it to be crunch, but it wasn’t… not my favorite dish :-)

74 Anna { 01.24.13 at 12:26 pm }

I subjected myself to reading comments on the official blog… one of the delusional commented that she and her hub would have ordered and happily consumed the crap that Anphony served up…

75 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 12:28 pm }

Anna!!!! Who would serve you pigs tail????
My sister in-law loves eating fish eyes.
I eat the chooks bum….cooked.

76 Dunbi { 01.24.13 at 1:13 pm }

The Sydney Morning Herald had a question and answer session with MPW and Matt yesterday. Someone asked Marco what is the worst thing he has ever eaten. He said one of the contestants cooked camel liver and it had to be one of the worst things he’d ever eaten and he will never eat it again. Matt Preston said it was disgusting. That moment is coming up in an episode. I don’t want to miss that one!

77 Anna { 01.24.13 at 1:15 pm }

Daisy, ‘Four in Hand’ Sydney Restaurant was serving it at the Taste of Sydney last March….

I’m all for Nose to Tail concept… nothing should be wasted…. if it was good for our ancestors, it should be good for us…

78 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 1:26 pm }

Yeah, but our ancestors didn’t coop up animals in cruel conditions in feed lots, feeding them hormones and genetically modified grain they don’t eat naturally and generally treating them like shit…..before slaughtering them in them most savage and callous ways.

79 Anna { 01.24.13 at 1:36 pm }

Dave, I know that!! Then again I get my chooks & red meet from a place that wouldn’t put up with that crap… When dining out, I know how passionate the chefs are about their produce.. only eat at their restaurants….

80 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 1:46 pm }

Relax, I wasn’t holding you personally responsible for “modern” farming and slaughtering practices.

I don’t eat offal (as far as I know)- but if others do, it’s no skin off my nose.

I have a camel hair shaving brush. It’ll last longer than I will.

81 Anna { 01.24.13 at 1:49 pm }

Dave, I know that!!! I eat offal, try everything at least one time… :-)

The latest news is that even humble spuds aren’t grown here any more

82 Fiona { 01.24.13 at 4:23 pm }

What a difference in attitude, when Matty was eliminated the first night he took it graciously and was such a gentleman, shaking their hands and being very humble. Anthony was so angry and completely deluded as to the quality of his food. I would not not like to be around him much – he was also very unsupportive during the team challenge and kept making facal tics behind Rhett’s back about the steak tartare to prove himself right. Agree about the commnents re celebrities, simply being famous does not make you an afficionado of great food.

83 A.P { 01.24.13 at 5:28 pm }

BDD, @77, I agree with you whole heartedly, that’s why I much prefer vegetarian meals and am squeamish about raw meat, offal etc.
Take the famous “pig” incident with Deb, it made me sick thinking about that poor little pig and the way animals are made to suffer just to provide meat for us.
If it wasn’t for my husband who is a meat eater, I would be quite happy never to cook with it again.

84 Carole { 01.25.13 at 10:09 am }

Wow Dunbi, I can’t wait for that episode, that does sound disgusting. Sometimes I’m jealous of he judges when they get to eat yummy food, but then when they have cooked something I don’t like, I think, oh I wouldn’t eat that. I am very fussy and hate mayonaise and sour cream and bloody feta & ricotta cheese, and they cook those things A LOT. I also like my meat cooked, not raw like they serve it. When they cut into lamb and it is red inside, and the judge says oh perfectly cooked, I yell at the TV, no it’s not it is RAW!!!!! Annoys me so much.

85 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 11:25 am }

Anna, you’d be great travelling, especially in China, where they eat everything except rocks. Would you eat the giant beetles on skewers or the giant beetle lava on sticks? Half developed duck eggs? Camel scrotum ala Bear Grills? OMG you could go on Fear Factor and Amazing race. Hats off to you.

86 A.P { 01.25.13 at 1:02 pm }

Carole@83, same here, meat should be cooked well done, not red or raw.

87 Gabby { 01.25.13 at 1:42 pm }

You cannot ruin a good piece of steak by over cooking. Have to have the blood in the middle. Yum..
As for China Daisy, I have been there and seen the things you spoke about but no thank you. I was mostly a vegetarian on my travels there. Not very adventurous when it comes to food in exotic countries. I look after my stomach to the best of my abilities when I travel and even then I am not always successful.

88 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 2:02 pm }

Gabby in Beijing it’s straight to Granny’s Kitchen for fries, burger and burritos. Can’t eat worms and bugs on sticks.

89 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 3:59 pm }

Now we are going to have to add dummy spitting to our Sunday night dinners. Not only will we be drizzling, demading to know, “Where is the duck”, plating up, insisting on more jus amd stepping awaaaaay from the benches, I am going to wear an apron and a chefs cap so that if I get an unfavourable critque or a bad score I will be flinging my apron to the ground and stomping on my chef’s hat.

90 Anna { 01.25.13 at 4:15 pm }

Daisy, I’m not that adventurous…. I would have huge problems eating in China, as I cannot eat food that contains MSG nor gluten/wheat….

Carole, I like my eat rare or medium rare, depending on the cut… in restaurants I usually let the chef cook it the way he wishes :-)

I’m still to master cooking it at home by feel.. I know how they do it, but never get it just right…

91 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 4:37 pm }

DAMN! Anna, I thought I had found a partner for Amazing race; someone who’d bravely eat anything while I bunjy jumped from tall bridges.

92 brain dead dave { 01.25.13 at 4:37 pm }

I grill meat slowly till it’s well done but no charcoal on it , the main reason is to be sure of killing any bacteria in there, more so than taste or texture.

I’d be eliminated straight away from Ma$terchef but no tears from me.

Bowels before jowls is my philosophy there. Eat to live and not live to eat.

93 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 4:43 pm }

BDD I think in my travels I have eaten more bacteria than you’d find on Matty’s hat or Manu’s french stick.
I once had an Indian man notice the knife he was going to offer us looked dirty so he wiped it clean with his thumb and forefinger before smilingly handing it to us, proud of the high level of hygeine in his establishment. Occasionally you have to throw up for a few hours.

94 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 4:46 pm }

If it looks good, smells good and tastes good, chances are I’ll eat it.

95 Anna { 01.25.13 at 4:47 pm }

Sorry Daisy, I’ll try just about anything… bugs don’t appeal to me.. then again I’d try them at Heston’s :-)

Dave, what about trying aged meat? It would be too cruel to cook it well done….

96 brain dead dave { 01.25.13 at 4:51 pm }

You realise, Daisy that he’d just been out the back. scratching his piles before he “cleaned” the knife for you.

About an hour or two ago, I saw an old bloke licking his knife alfresco. First thought after the intial physical recoil I had -Gary Mehigan.

I realise that fellow bloggers here have confessed to knife licking…but that’s okay if you’re at home with a supportive family.

Aged meat is okay, Anna -so long as it’s not wearing leopard print.

97 Anna { 01.25.13 at 5:01 pm }

Dave, are you sure it was Gary and not George? lol

btw, young Joe is getting married….

98 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 5:31 pm }

Bdd scratching his piles WITH the knife.
Yes all the scenarios have already been discussed.

99 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 5:32 pm }

Bdd scratching his piles WITH the knife.
Yes all the scenarios have already been discussed. My mum got the knife so I don’t care.

100 Gabby { 01.25.13 at 7:59 pm }

Who admits to licking their knife? Classless!

101 Anna { 01.25.13 at 8:57 pm }

Just saw a promo for next week.. it said BIG EGOS … wonder who else will have a major dummy spit….

102 A.P { 01.25.13 at 9:39 pm }

Cassie or Cameron I reckon!

103 Anna { 01.25.13 at 10:34 pm }

AP I’m thinking Rhett

104 Anna { 01.26.13 at 3:39 pm }

Channel 11 are repeating last weeks Master Chef from 7.30 tonight till 11

105 brain dead dave { 01.26.13 at 6:03 pm }

I’ll be up for watching the dummy spit again. Anthony must be rapt that one of his superstar clients is in town-Andre Agassi. They can catch up over a couple of egg cups of burnt seafood.

Ch 10 have got no class showing the Kidman/ Jackman disaster “Australia” tonight. Fail.

106 Anna { 01.26.13 at 7:13 pm }

BDD, have to agree. The Jackman / Kidman movie should never be shown.

I’d rather watch the dummy spit again…. wonder how many contestants were treated for whiplash after Anphonies comment re soup . Classic drama queen/ over inflated ego behavior.

107 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 9:19 pm }

“Beaten by A SOUP?????? I’m still savouring his surprise and shock antics.

108 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 9:24 pm }

Even through it was a repeat I still enjoyed Barry Humphries’ trip down Memory Lane today.
And I still attribute a lot of my good memories to the invention of the transistor radio which makes my memories sweeter as they are associated with good music of the years.

109 Gabby { 01.26.13 at 9:28 pm }

Have to admit have never had the honour of watching it even once. Never fancied it. Sounds like I haven’t missed out on anything.
Ms. Kidman does nothing for me.

110 Gabby { 01.26.13 at 9:31 pm }

Ap, I hope your house is still standing, our house just is. Blowing an almighty gale here. Hope everyone else in the rain and wind soaked areas are doing ok.

111 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 9:33 pm }

Petal kecil dan EH. Selamat sore. Saya baca hari ini di komentar MC dari Julai tahun laly berdua berasal dari Malaysia.
Saya belajar bahasa Indonesia. Swami saya dan saya munkin pergi ke Malaysia tahun ini.

112 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 9:40 pm }

Gabby and AP I’ve been watching you floating away on telly.
Stay dry.

113 Gabby { 01.26.13 at 10:00 pm }

Thanks Daisy, it’s pretty wild where I am. I am thinking where AP is it is probably even worse. She hasn’t been around today, I hope they are ok. I suppose it’s nice and sunny over west and you have been swimming? No swimming here!

114 Littlepetal { 01.26.13 at 10:03 pm }

Daisy, you will love Malaysia. My Bahasa Malaysia is very poor. I left Malaysia for Singapore in my teen.

The food is yummy especially in Penang.

115 Anna { 01.26.13 at 10:12 pm }

Hope everyone is safe!

Have never watched Straya the movie… Nic does zero for me. It’s like watching a mannequin trying to do something… no emotion… promos were more then enough. Didn’t she win an award of some sort for the movie?

Well Marco did say ‘ show us who you are’, all but 2 missed the instructions… then again Anphony showed us his true colors lol

116 Gabby { 01.26.13 at 10:45 pm }

She is like a mannequin, she always looks the same, she is expressionless. I don’t know how she made it so big. I think it’s because she had Tom Cruise, the nut job, as her husband in the early days that got her career started. I wouldn’t think she would be where she is today if she hadn’t married him.

117 Anna { 01.26.13 at 11:05 pm }

Just watched the dummy spit again… funnier the second time around….

Gabby, I’m surprised they are still casting her….

118 Gabby { 01.26.13 at 11:28 pm }

I know Anna, I thought she would have lost her appeal by now. I think the Yanks must really like her. Although I don’t think she has won any of their awards for a while. It’s amazing what they will watch!

119 A.P { 01.26.13 at 11:30 pm }

Still around, this is the worst weather here for years, if you see Bagara/ Bundaberg on the news well we’re not far from there and we’re copping it now, hasn’t stopped all day, flooded everywhere, will be interesting to see the damage tomorrow along the Esplanade.
Weird how this is a country of extremes, boiling hot, bushfires or floods!
Bit like that movie “Australia”. I’ve seen it twice, if Nicole wasn’t in it, it wouldn’t have been so bad but her eye rolling and overacting is beyond a joke.

120 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 11:41 pm }

Little Petal, I have been there heaps of times. Rolf and I Honeymooned in Penang and Singapore in the 70s. We usually end up in Malaysia at least once a year even if it’s just few-day stopovers in KL. LOOOOOVVEEE the food in Malaysia and Singapore. I’ll do an Anthony and say I make a pretty good rendang. My friends family are Chinese from Singapore (been Aussies in Aus since hte 70s) and they can SURE cook. The love their feasts.

121 brain dead dave { 01.26.13 at 11:51 pm }

Seen the dummy spit three times now. The look on Jowl$y’s face after he tasted Anthony’s stuff was worth it.

From the teasers for next week shown tonight, it looks like Rhett, Gordon Ramsay and the blueberry tart girl are the ones that lose the plot.

Nicole and Hugh won’t work for me , so I’m going to watch The Exorcist on SBS.

122 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 11:51 pm }

Gabby, no swimming today although it was a perfect day for it. Insensitive of me to say that, but we all get our turns. Although I have to do another ‘Anthony’ and boast that I do love our weather. Went to work then had a Nanna nap.
I agree with comments re Nicole. Amazingly stilted. And I know we girls are all supposed to be crazy about Hugh J but naaa! My favourite, and about the only actor I can think that I would have to run up to in the street, bow down to and touch his feet is Dustin Hoffman. Never got over him since the Graduate.

If I saw Matt Moran in the street I wouldn’t be able to look him in the face because I read some old comments today that mentioned him naked, albeit the cravat. How do I get that out of my head. Thanks for that.

123 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 11:53 pm }

BDD@120 You’ll be up all night with nightmares …either way.

124 brain dead dave { 01.26.13 at 11:58 pm }

Well, Candy with Heath Ledger’s on, too. SBS 1.

125 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 11:59 pm }

h thank for reminding me. I haven’t seen Candy yet. Might be good.

126 A.P { 01.27.13 at 12:15 am }

I still can’t watch The Exorcist, scariest movie ever!

127 Gabby { 01.27.13 at 12:48 am }

I liked Candy, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. There’s some good music in it. I’m annoyed I missed it. Then again I can watch it on SBS on Demand, I hope.
Now there was a good actor, Heath, taken in his prime.
Glad you are ok AP. I knew you would be copping it after I saw Bundy. We’ve had a shocker of a day and probably nowhere near as bad as yours.

128 Daisy { 01.27.13 at 1:23 am }

Come and watch it here Gabby. It hasn’t started yet. It must be very humid there.
Actually I will have to record it. Too late for me.
Have to curl up with my tab or my cryptic crosswords.

129 A.P { 01.27.13 at 9:11 am }

Its headed your way Gabby look out!

130 Gabby { 01.27.13 at 2:40 pm }

Thanks AP, we got it! Boy did we get it. Talk about wild weather. I hope that’s the last of it. We have had some wild stuff since we have been here and that came pretty close to one of the wildest nights I have experienced, it was horrible. We’re still standing though. Hope you are as well.

131 Anna { 01.27.13 at 7:12 pm }

Daisy, did you mean Matt ‘Cravat”? If yes then it’s Matt Preston… Matt Moran is super fit

132 Anna { 01.27.13 at 7:19 pm }

Listening to the Opera on the puter and not watching Masterchef till later… last week watched it on Monday as Opera ended at midnight

133 A.P { 01.27.13 at 7:21 pm }

Thats what I thought too Daisy @121, you must mean Matt Cravatt Preston.
Gabby@129, we are fine, our town didn’t get much of a mention on the news compared to Bundy but it was a wild night and The Esplanade looks a bit of a war zone with Trees, branches, pavers etc all over the road and high seas.
Now its Brisbane’s turn, Gold Coast and northern NSW, good luck everyone.

134 Daisy { 01.27.13 at 7:45 pm }

Yes , the cravatt. Who the hell is Matt Moran then?

135 A.P { 01.27.13 at 7:49 pm }

Another chef with a bald head.

136 Daisy { 01.27.13 at 7:51 pm }

Oh OK I know. Thanks AP.

137 Daisy { 01.27.13 at 7:56 pm }

AP don’t forget to record Upstairs Downstairs.

138 Anna { 01.27.13 at 8:36 pm }

Daisy, this is Matt Moran

139 Carole { 01.27.13 at 9:51 pm }

Yeah, I’m on the Gold Coast, it’s been blowing a gale all day and raining. I’m on the 3rd floor so should be ok and no rivers near me. It’s really bad up north, feel really bad for them. There was a couple on the news who lost their home, I felt so sorry for them.

140 Anna Muscat { 03.12.13 at 12:14 am }

Tomorrow night – Tuesday watch Masterchef the Ptofessionals. Sara says something like “glad i’m not cooking with Rhett”. Don’t think she likes him. In fact i don’t like him. He is very arrogant, and has made a few comments about some of the other chefs in the past episodes.
I hope he is the next chef to go out.
To remain in the finals weeks i would like to see in no order of preference – Rhys, Michael and Sara.
Let the best chef win the title, the money and the prize where the world is their “oyster”.

141 Anna Muscat { 03.12.13 at 12:25 am }

Tonights dish by Peter Gilmore was a wok of art. Would wonder if Callum and Chris Masterchef All Stars could have given this dish a try.
I reckon given doulble the time that the professionals had Callum and Chris could do this dish justice.
What do you fans of Masterchef think? Send me your comments. Would be very interesting.
Lovely chef but Peter should really do something about his weight. His is as round as he is tall. I don’t mean that in a nasty way.

142 Anna Muscat { 03.12.13 at 12:35 am }

How wonderful for the Masterchef Professionals when going for a new job putting down on their resume that not only were they on the show but to have Marco Pierre White as their mentor and Judge. If i had a restaurant i would snap any one of those professionals. I really think Bonny has learnt so much and will be a real assett in any kitchen, she was such a lovely girl. Nathan, a young man of 23, he will make something of himself. Nathan is so talented. Good luck guys. You did a great job by being in the Top 6.

143 Anna Muscat { 03.17.13 at 2:33 am }

I am sad that Michael las left the Materchef Professionals 2013. IT should have been Rhett that went home not Michael. I think Michale let Rhett do what he does best. Micheal didn’t want to argue with Rhett so went along with whatever Rhett wanted to do.
Now that Michael is gone i hope that either Sara or Rhys win the title and all the prizes.
When Rhys was saying that if it wasn’t for his mum getting him the apprenticeship during the holidays when he went to stay with her, he may not be here today. So very sad for Rhys.
Can’t imagine what his childhood must have been, smoking pot at 11, and then doing stronger drugs at 17, and only giving up a few years ago. Sara is really good, but it would be good for Rhys to win, it would boost his self esteem and get him a great jpb anywhere around the world.
We will see what happens in the Finale on Sunday. Let’s hope that arrogant Rhett doesn’t win.

144 Anna Muscat { 03.17.13 at 10:02 pm }

Wekk, well, well, Rhys you have done it . Congratulations on your win, you deserved it mate.
Your life is going to change so much, and for the better. When you do come back to Australia you will be so sought after. You will be able to pick any restaurant you would like to work at.
All the best. Make the most of your time overseas, but most of all ENJOY.
Will miss watching you. Again, Good luck and God Bless.

145 Andy { 05.16.13 at 1:26 pm }

MPW Overrated is Anthony’s online persona?