Masterchef Professionals – Was That A Dummy Spit We Just Witnessed?

Well that was one of the best dummy spits that has been seen on an Australian reality TV show in quite sometime so bravo to Anthony for saying what he really thought however he did end up looking like a bit of a tool

In fact it was disappointing they eliminated him as it looked like he could give good reality TV, well more than Nathan is going to give us as the expression on his face just continues to be blank.

This pair were the bottom two in tonight’s episode where they had to cook a dish from the heart.

Only the green team from the from yesterday’s tram challenge were up for elimination, the others watched from the balcony. I note none of the calling out that goes on in the amateur series.

They had access to the biggest Masterchef pantry yet, and there was some good and not so good cooking.

Nathan plated up a weird combination of  Lamb Brains and Mussels, it was unclear whether he had cooked this combination before. However he did reveal to Marco that his father died when he was eight, and then Marco commisserated and then told him he had also lost his mother at the age of six. He then added that he thought gastronomy was the greatest form of therapy that anyone can be exposed to. Not sure if that everyone would agree with that.

Nathan served up his brains underdone and Marco told him people had been let go for less. He was peeved that Nathan had not told them when he put the plate down that he thought the brains were under done and apologised.

Anthony was doing a weird seafood tasting plate. He said it was five courses on a plate.  He continued to talk himself up saying he cooked for the rich and famous and they demanded great food and he was sought after. Clearly he missed the don’t f**k with the produce talk that Marco gave at the beginning of the episode as he wrapped bacon around lobster. That is something you would see in a bad US chain restaurant. He revealed he was on Masterchef to help him find opportunities to come back home.

Sarah was making Squid Ink Cuttlefish pasta with pipis and mussels,  but was struggling to get it finished. Her techniques look good but she needs to calm down. In judging they were critical of the look but liked the flavours. However she did herself a favour as when asked who was her culinary inspiration she answered Marco. So extra brownie points for her. Just as well she had not mention Gordon Ramsay or Jamie Oliver or it could have gotten ugly. Also the few tears shed helped her get a pep talk from them after they had asked the standard MC question of what her dreams were.

Rhys was making a trio of seafood which looked pretty boring and not a lot in two hours. There was a prawn wrapped in pastry, Tempura Whiting and one other mini dish. However it tasted better than it looked.

Akuc made Spicy Lentil Soup as it was what her family made a lot of at home in Africa. Marco was pleased she had not tried to trick it up and they liked the flavours.

Chrissie was also cooking for her family and after being out of a kitchen fulltime for six years she seemed to lack a bit of confidence. However her  Blueberry and Almond Tart wowed the judges however they managed to refrain from eating it all.

Rhett’s Whiting with Papaya Salad with a thai dressing. Marco thought the chilli was too strong, do we have another George Calombaris who has an aversion to spicy? However Matt thought there was too much carrot. He did cook the fish well.

Anthony who was another of the boys talking a big game had burnt his crab souffle.

Now back to Antony, Marco told him the plate looked like a ship wreck. He had burnt his crab souffle, and he still kept it on the plate. Also after the judges had been pretty disparaging particularly about serving stuff up in egg cups, he sulked in the contestants waiting room that they should not try too hard.

Akuc won the challenge with her soup and Anthony was eliminated.

And he did not take it well. In his farewell speech he disparaged Akuc soup saying ” I thought my dish had a lot going on compared to two hours to make a soup…”, and said next time he would “remember to cook like an amateur”. Unfortunately Marco did not fire back at him, but just told him to go and hang up his chef whites.

In the voice over as they showed him leaving he said that Penelope Cruz and Tommy Lee had never had a problem with his crab souffle. Maybe he had not served a burnt one to them. Anyway he swaggered off into the Masterchef sunset saying he was off back to his glamorous life and rock and roll lifestyle. Well whatever it takes to make you feel better I suppose.

1 Anna { 01.25.13 at 8:57 pm }

Just saw a promo for next week.. it said BIG EGOS … wonder who else will have a major dummy spit….

2 A.P { 01.25.13 at 9:39 pm }

Cassie or Cameron I reckon!

3 Anna { 01.25.13 at 10:34 pm }

AP I’m thinking Rhett

4 Anna { 01.26.13 at 3:39 pm }

Channel 11 are repeating last weeks Master Chef from 7.30 tonight till 11

5 brain dead dave { 01.26.13 at 6:03 pm }

I’ll be up for watching the dummy spit again. Anthony must be rapt that one of his superstar clients is in town-Andre Agassi. They can catch up over a couple of egg cups of burnt seafood.

Ch 10 have got no class showing the Kidman/ Jackman disaster “Australia” tonight. Fail.

6 Anna { 01.26.13 at 7:13 pm }

BDD, have to agree. The Jackman / Kidman movie should never be shown.

I’d rather watch the dummy spit again…. wonder how many contestants were treated for whiplash after Anphonies comment re soup . Classic drama queen/ over inflated ego behavior.

7 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 9:19 pm }

“Beaten by A SOUP?????? I’m still savouring his surprise and shock antics.

8 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 9:24 pm }

Even through it was a repeat I still enjoyed Barry Humphries’ trip down Memory Lane today.
And I still attribute a lot of my good memories to the invention of the transistor radio which makes my memories sweeter as they are associated with good music of the years.

9 Gabby { 01.26.13 at 9:28 pm }

Have to admit have never had the honour of watching it even once. Never fancied it. Sounds like I haven’t missed out on anything.
Ms. Kidman does nothing for me.

10 Gabby { 01.26.13 at 9:31 pm }

Ap, I hope your house is still standing, our house just is. Blowing an almighty gale here. Hope everyone else in the rain and wind soaked areas are doing ok.

11 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 9:33 pm }

Petal kecil dan EH. Selamat sore. Saya baca hari ini di komentar MC dari Julai tahun laly berdua berasal dari Malaysia.
Saya belajar bahasa Indonesia. Swami saya dan saya munkin pergi ke Malaysia tahun ini.

12 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 9:40 pm }

Gabby and AP I’ve been watching you floating away on telly.
Stay dry.

13 Gabby { 01.26.13 at 10:00 pm }

Thanks Daisy, it’s pretty wild where I am. I am thinking where AP is it is probably even worse. She hasn’t been around today, I hope they are ok. I suppose it’s nice and sunny over west and you have been swimming? No swimming here!

14 Littlepetal { 01.26.13 at 10:03 pm }

Daisy, you will love Malaysia. My Bahasa Malaysia is very poor. I left Malaysia for Singapore in my teen.

The food is yummy especially in Penang.

15 Anna { 01.26.13 at 10:12 pm }

Hope everyone is safe!

Have never watched Straya the movie… Nic does zero for me. It’s like watching a mannequin trying to do something… no emotion… promos were more then enough. Didn’t she win an award of some sort for the movie?

Well Marco did say ‘ show us who you are’, all but 2 missed the instructions… then again Anphony showed us his true colors lol

16 Gabby { 01.26.13 at 10:45 pm }

She is like a mannequin, she always looks the same, she is expressionless. I don’t know how she made it so big. I think it’s because she had Tom Cruise, the nut job, as her husband in the early days that got her career started. I wouldn’t think she would be where she is today if she hadn’t married him.

17 Anna { 01.26.13 at 11:05 pm }

Just watched the dummy spit again… funnier the second time around….

Gabby, I’m surprised they are still casting her….

18 Gabby { 01.26.13 at 11:28 pm }

I know Anna, I thought she would have lost her appeal by now. I think the Yanks must really like her. Although I don’t think she has won any of their awards for a while. It’s amazing what they will watch!

19 A.P { 01.26.13 at 11:30 pm }

Still around, this is the worst weather here for years, if you see Bagara/ Bundaberg on the news well we’re not far from there and we’re copping it now, hasn’t stopped all day, flooded everywhere, will be interesting to see the damage tomorrow along the Esplanade.
Weird how this is a country of extremes, boiling hot, bushfires or floods!
Bit like that movie “Australia”. I’ve seen it twice, if Nicole wasn’t in it, it wouldn’t have been so bad but her eye rolling and overacting is beyond a joke.

20 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 11:41 pm }

Little Petal, I have been there heaps of times. Rolf and I Honeymooned in Penang and Singapore in the 70s. We usually end up in Malaysia at least once a year even if it’s just few-day stopovers in KL. LOOOOOVVEEE the food in Malaysia and Singapore. I’ll do an Anthony and say I make a pretty good rendang. My friends family are Chinese from Singapore (been Aussies in Aus since hte 70s) and they can SURE cook. The love their feasts.

21 brain dead dave { 01.26.13 at 11:51 pm }

Seen the dummy spit three times now. The look on Jowl$y’s face after he tasted Anthony’s stuff was worth it.

From the teasers for next week shown tonight, it looks like Rhett, Gordon Ramsay and the blueberry tart girl are the ones that lose the plot.

Nicole and Hugh won’t work for me , so I’m going to watch The Exorcist on SBS.

22 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 11:51 pm }

Gabby, no swimming today although it was a perfect day for it. Insensitive of me to say that, but we all get our turns. Although I have to do another ‘Anthony’ and boast that I do love our weather. Went to work then had a Nanna nap.
I agree with comments re Nicole. Amazingly stilted. And I know we girls are all supposed to be crazy about Hugh J but naaa! My favourite, and about the only actor I can think that I would have to run up to in the street, bow down to and touch his feet is Dustin Hoffman. Never got over him since the Graduate.

If I saw Matt Moran in the street I wouldn’t be able to look him in the face because I read some old comments today that mentioned him naked, albeit the cravat. How do I get that out of my head. Thanks for that.

23 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 11:53 pm }

BDD@120 You’ll be up all night with nightmares …either way.

24 brain dead dave { 01.26.13 at 11:58 pm }

Well, Candy with Heath Ledger’s on, too. SBS 1.

25 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 11:59 pm }

h thank for reminding me. I haven’t seen Candy yet. Might be good.

26 A.P { 01.27.13 at 12:15 am }

I still can’t watch The Exorcist, scariest movie ever!

27 Gabby { 01.27.13 at 12:48 am }

I liked Candy, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. There’s some good music in it. I’m annoyed I missed it. Then again I can watch it on SBS on Demand, I hope.
Now there was a good actor, Heath, taken in his prime.
Glad you are ok AP. I knew you would be copping it after I saw Bundy. We’ve had a shocker of a day and probably nowhere near as bad as yours.

28 Daisy { 01.27.13 at 1:23 am }

Come and watch it here Gabby. It hasn’t started yet. It must be very humid there.
Actually I will have to record it. Too late for me.
Have to curl up with my tab or my cryptic crosswords.

29 A.P { 01.27.13 at 9:11 am }

Its headed your way Gabby look out!

30 Gabby { 01.27.13 at 2:40 pm }

Thanks AP, we got it! Boy did we get it. Talk about wild weather. I hope that’s the last of it. We have had some wild stuff since we have been here and that came pretty close to one of the wildest nights I have experienced, it was horrible. We’re still standing though. Hope you are as well.

31 Anna { 01.27.13 at 7:12 pm }

Daisy, did you mean Matt ‘Cravat”? If yes then it’s Matt Preston… Matt Moran is super fit

32 Anna { 01.27.13 at 7:19 pm }

Listening to the Opera on the puter and not watching Masterchef till later… last week watched it on Monday as Opera ended at midnight

33 A.P { 01.27.13 at 7:21 pm }

Thats what I thought too Daisy @121, you must mean Matt Cravatt Preston.
Gabby@129, we are fine, our town didn’t get much of a mention on the news compared to Bundy but it was a wild night and The Esplanade looks a bit of a war zone with Trees, branches, pavers etc all over the road and high seas.
Now its Brisbane’s turn, Gold Coast and northern NSW, good luck everyone.

34 Daisy { 01.27.13 at 7:45 pm }

Yes , the cravatt. Who the hell is Matt Moran then?

35 A.P { 01.27.13 at 7:49 pm }

Another chef with a bald head.

36 Daisy { 01.27.13 at 7:51 pm }

Oh OK I know. Thanks AP.

37 Daisy { 01.27.13 at 7:56 pm }

AP don’t forget to record Upstairs Downstairs.

38 Anna { 01.27.13 at 8:36 pm }

Daisy, this is Matt Moran

39 Carole { 01.27.13 at 9:51 pm }

Yeah, I’m on the Gold Coast, it’s been blowing a gale all day and raining. I’m on the 3rd floor so should be ok and no rivers near me. It’s really bad up north, feel really bad for them. There was a couple on the news who lost their home, I felt so sorry for them.

40 Anna Muscat { 03.12.13 at 12:14 am }

Tomorrow night – Tuesday watch Masterchef the Ptofessionals. Sara says something like “glad i’m not cooking with Rhett”. Don’t think she likes him. In fact i don’t like him. He is very arrogant, and has made a few comments about some of the other chefs in the past episodes.
I hope he is the next chef to go out.
To remain in the finals weeks i would like to see in no order of preference – Rhys, Michael and Sara.
Let the best chef win the title, the money and the prize where the world is their “oyster”.

41 Anna Muscat { 03.12.13 at 12:25 am }

Tonights dish by Peter Gilmore was a wok of art. Would wonder if Callum and Chris Masterchef All Stars could have given this dish a try.
I reckon given doulble the time that the professionals had Callum and Chris could do this dish justice.
What do you fans of Masterchef think? Send me your comments. Would be very interesting.
Lovely chef but Peter should really do something about his weight. His is as round as he is tall. I don’t mean that in a nasty way.

42 Anna Muscat { 03.12.13 at 12:35 am }

How wonderful for the Masterchef Professionals when going for a new job putting down on their resume that not only were they on the show but to have Marco Pierre White as their mentor and Judge. If i had a restaurant i would snap any one of those professionals. I really think Bonny has learnt so much and will be a real assett in any kitchen, she was such a lovely girl. Nathan, a young man of 23, he will make something of himself. Nathan is so talented. Good luck guys. You did a great job by being in the Top 6.

43 Anna Muscat { 03.17.13 at 2:33 am }

I am sad that Michael las left the Materchef Professionals 2013. IT should have been Rhett that went home not Michael. I think Michale let Rhett do what he does best. Micheal didn’t want to argue with Rhett so went along with whatever Rhett wanted to do.
Now that Michael is gone i hope that either Sara or Rhys win the title and all the prizes.
When Rhys was saying that if it wasn’t for his mum getting him the apprenticeship during the holidays when he went to stay with her, he may not be here today. So very sad for Rhys.
Can’t imagine what his childhood must have been, smoking pot at 11, and then doing stronger drugs at 17, and only giving up a few years ago. Sara is really good, but it would be good for Rhys to win, it would boost his self esteem and get him a great jpb anywhere around the world.
We will see what happens in the Finale on Sunday. Let’s hope that arrogant Rhett doesn’t win.

44 Anna Muscat { 03.17.13 at 10:02 pm }

Wekk, well, well, Rhys you have done it . Congratulations on your win, you deserved it mate.
Your life is going to change so much, and for the better. When you do come back to Australia you will be so sought after. You will be able to pick any restaurant you would like to work at.
All the best. Make the most of your time overseas, but most of all ENJOY.
Will miss watching you. Again, Good luck and God Bless.

45 Andy { 05.16.13 at 1:26 pm }

MPW Overrated is Anthony’s online persona?