Celebrity Apprentice – Rumours Of Cast Starting To Emerge

Celebrity Apprentice will be having its third season on NINE this year and rumours are now circulating about who will be on the show as is always the way there are some good ones and not so good ones.

News.com.au is reporting that Stephanie Rice, Kris Smith, Amanda Vanstone and Dawn Fraser are just a few names being bandied about.

If Stephanie Rice is on the show she is guaranteed to get a positive edit as she has just been signed by NINE to be the Health and Lifestyle reporter on the TODAY show. Not too sure about Dawn Fraser she was on Dancing With The Stars and showed a distinct lack of personality. However she did own a pub so she may have some business know how.

However is Celebrity Apprentice really about business knowledge? A lot of the challenges are about how much money you can bring through corporates and friends.

The news.com.au article states:

An Olympic swimmer, a male model, a former pollie and a national sporting icon are just four personalities emerging as potentials for this season.

The Nine Network reality TV series pits known names against each other – the word “celebrity” is a tad misused in some cases – as they fight tooth, nail, hammer and thong to impress the show’s “boss” Mark Bouris.

Mr Bouris has Stephanie Rice, who has just signed a contract with the network, male model and Myer man Kris Smith, former Howard government minister Amanda Vanstone and Aussie flag fan Dawn Fraser in his Apprentice sights for 2013.

Other names being considered are Big Brother favourite Layla Subritzky as well as fellow BB housemate Ben, along with former child star Nikki Webster, ex-footy player Dermott Brereton, comedian Peter Berner and right wing publicist Prue Macsween.

Interesting that Prue and Kris Smith were both recently seen on Celebrity Come Dine With Me Australia. Prue was quite lascivious so if the rumours are true Kris and Dermott Brereton better look out. At the moment it looks like the cast is a bit light on for male contestants.

Celebrity Apprentice is a show that can re-ignite a career or kill it. Julia Morris is now acting on House Husbands, however for Deni Hines and Tania Zaetta their career was not re-invigorated by their turn on the show. Deni because she was soo aggressive and Tania because she was a ditz.

The article reports the show starts filming next week. Mark Bouris will return as host. It is unclear whether his son Dane will join him. The other judge who will probably come back is Deborah Thomas.

What do you think of the rumoured names? Anyone you would like to see on the show?

Celebrity Apprentice to screen on NINE later this year.

Related Posts

1 Georgie { 01.24.13 at 11:42 am }

Mmm – not a fan of Prue after seeing her on Sunrise over the years but she’d give as good as she got.

Stephanie is feisty so should be able to look after herself.

For me Dawny has aged into a lesser hero who now criticises the antics of the young ones. She tends to forget her own youthful exploits.

When she was a pollie, Amanda always looked like she got lost on her way to the school canteen. No offence meant there, I’ve done my time in the school canteen – she just seemed more Mum than pollie to me.

Whoa – will lo0k forward to the feedback on this blog if Ben turns up on the show. Ditto for Layla.

Dermot is pretty good value and the only thing I know about Kris is he used to be married to Danni.

Never heard of Peter Berner.

Can’t think of anyone I’d like to see on the show but I’m sure some will come to me.

2 Gabby { 01.24.13 at 11:46 am }

Somehow I don’t see Layla from Big Brother being much of a business woman. My money would be on Prue McSween, hard and ruthless. But then again it is Celebrity so it’s not really about your business acumen so it’s anyone’s game. I much prefer the ordinary Apprentice shows and I hope they do some more of them.

3 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 11:52 am }

What a shock! They’re all white. Same old monoculture shit from Ch9.

Still the redneck network. They must love sad excuses for people like Stephanie Rice who’ve been busted making homopohbic comments. Her and Ben the bully should hit it off.

Layla and Ben are not celebrities, either. Load of crap.

4 Georgie { 01.24.13 at 11:59 am }

You’ve got a point bdd so now I can come up with some suggestions.

Indira Naidoo
Nova Peris
Anthony Mundine (now that WOULD be interesting)

5 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 12:11 pm }

“Ooooh…ah don’t nor , Mr Bouris. Wotcha fink of me Bristols ,then? Ah fort a wet T shirt competiton was a real mooney spinner! Where’s me kerlers, then ?”

6 Stacey { 01.24.13 at 12:13 pm }

Is Peter Berner the bald guy with glasses who used to be on the Panel or one of those comedy talk shows?

Steph Rice’s career must be in the toilet if shes doing CA. She used to be an absolute idol when I was in high school, now she’s only ever in the news for a scandal. I remember she was getting paid squillions for a deal with 7 after Beijing, now she’s doing this. I bet since she has just been signed with 9 she will go right to the end, if not win.

As for the others, Prue will be great TV as I can’t see her backing down. Kris too, I think he comes across very smart and could easily schmooze away the rest of the comp as he is reknowned for being a very charming person. Either way, this is a better cast than last year, I think. Nathan Joliffe was the icing on the shitcake for me.

7 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 12:19 pm }

Prue might be the villain for me. She doesn’t let facts get in the way of her comments. She recently, inadvertently made a comment about the states/territories and referred to, presumably NSW, VIC, maybe QLD as the main states or the ones that count. She was serious and it was definitley a slip. But she sure would make good RTV viewing.
Again, for wit and brains: Joe Hilderbrand. Adam Hill would be good too. And the little girl from Spicks and Specks. Are they allowed to get ABC personalities?

8 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 12:22 pm }

Georgie, Seems like Nova might be busy with Julia’s new gig.

9 Reality Raver { 01.24.13 at 12:31 pm }

Stacey – Maybe Peter Berner is ticking the requisite comedian box on the casting sheet. It seems very sports person heavy.

BDD – Good point no diversity, but maybe there are few non white celebs in Australia. Anh Do is good, but he can barely get a regular gig on TV and he rated his tits of last year on the two specials he did. Not that I want to see him on Celeb App.

Georgie – Good suggestions, except for Novis Peris as normally people wait until after their political careers before they go on a reality show.

Gabby – Layla would be a disaster.

10 Georgie { 01.24.13 at 12:33 pm }

She may be able to squeeze filming in between now and the next election Daisy.

11 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 12:35 pm }

Don’t forget Marcia.

12 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 12:38 pm }

Hell, if they want politicians- Peter Slipper is free. He comes at a price, however.

Grant Hackett…maybe he’s better suited to DIY home renovating and demolition.

13 A.P { 01.24.13 at 12:39 pm }

That’s what I thought Daisy, she will be too busy.
They all sound good except for the comedian, sorry, don’t know him and please NO, NOT THAT SMUG BEN!!!!!!
Grant Hackett would be my pick.
What about a rule that they cannot use their famous name to call on sponsors for donations?,that’s why I like the ordinary Celebrity Apprentice, everyone on an even playing field. There was only one version made of that.
And I hope they don’t do a challenge with P&O again, its been done to death.

14 Georgie { 01.24.13 at 12:43 pm }

The above photo of ‘yes sir Mr Bouris’ and his body language? With the hand rubbing and glint in his eye, he appears to say “bring on the next load of celebrity losers”.

15 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 12:45 pm }

Ohhh. Peter Slipper. He reminds me of Fagan from Oliver Twist. While the event was taking place he could sneak around and pick pockets. In fact there are a few Charles Dickens characters he looks like.

For politicians …the chair sniffer.

16 Georgie { 01.24.13 at 12:48 pm }

Ah the P&O challenge. They never mention the on-board gastro outbreaks – now that would be a challenge. Maybe they can incorporate it into this series.

17 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 12:52 pm }

You have to be pretty sick to want to sniff Prue McSween’s chair.

The P&O Challenge: Ship Of Fools

18 A.P { 01.24.13 at 1:12 pm }

Good one BDD @ 12 re Grant.
Still, it would be interesting to see if he gets into a bad temper!
Wouldn’t mind Marcia either, or Prue, and if Bully Ben can be on the show, then why not Estelle too? Let them work together.
Daisy, Peter Slipper would make a good Fagan.

19 Jodi { 01.24.13 at 1:50 pm }

Oh yay Ben from Big Brother!!!! So excited… He will make yet another program!
Can’t wait to see him again ….. GO BEN!!!!

20 Nigel { 01.24.13 at 1:53 pm }

Think Ben Fromm BB would be really good on the show, always good for an honest opinion. Be great to see him get along with Dermie…

21 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 1:56 pm }

“Honest opinion”. What are you on? Ben was caught out lying more than once. He’ll be shat all over by relatively sophisticated people his own age.

22 Vanessa { 01.24.13 at 1:58 pm }

Ben from Big Brother would be the best on this show by far!!!!!
He’s quick-witted, honest, intelligent and you know he’d be great value for the ratings. Layla wouldn’t even know how to spell celebrity, let alone be one. She will be a massive ratings killer!!!

23 Deb { 01.24.13 at 2:05 pm }

OMG Ben would be amazing. He’s smart and would definitely raise more money for charity than Layla ever could and he’s Australian, Layla is not!!!!!! GO BEN!!! I won’t watch it if he’s not on!!

24 Ange { 01.24.13 at 2:09 pm }

Ben is my pick too guys!!! Happy to read the above comments too from other Ben lovers. Not only is he humorous and entertaining to watch, i think he’d really bring money to the table with the charities. My pick all the way!!!! Go Ben – would love to see you back on the TV.

25 Isabel { 01.24.13 at 2:10 pm }

Celebrity? D-grade past it more like it. Can’t stand Kris Smith – he’s as difficult to understand as Mel B. Prue will put her feet where her mouth is, and Peter Berner is quite intelligent believe it or not, has a programme on weekend radio on 2UE.

26 Carla { 01.24.13 at 2:10 pm }

Honestly I’m so over Benjamin from Big Brother being labelled a bully. Someone who is entertaining, but speaks his mind & always says the same thing to the person he was talking about is hardly a bully. He’s smart, funny & ambitious & he would be very fun to watch on Celebity Apprentice. Especially in the mix of the other rumored contestants! Go Benjamin!!

27 Gary Peer { 01.24.13 at 2:13 pm }

I love Ben!!
Deb, Ange and Vanessa…get back to work!!

P.S Ben would be great to watch on Celebrity Apprentice!

28 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 2:20 pm }

Wake me up when The Wiggles concert is over.

29 Sven { 01.24.13 at 2:22 pm }

I’m surprised how heated this thread is regarding BB Ben!!! In my opinion, anyone who can polarise people like that DEFINITELY deserves to be on the show. As for me, I like the guy. I don’t think he’s a bully (and don’t get why anyone would call him that). If he gets on the show I would actually watch it. This is the kind of show that needs big personalities – that’s what it thrives on. Go Ben!

30 Clare { 01.24.13 at 2:29 pm }

brain dead dave – i think the name suits you.

31 Carrie { 01.24.13 at 2:32 pm }

Sounds like an interesting bunch of contenders! surprising that they have two of the recent bb housemates in there, though I’d definitely be interested to see how well Ben does, he’s pretty good at taking charge and might ruffle a few feathers. I assume Layla is just in there because she’s good at acting dumb which is disappointing, not a very good role model for the girls

32 A.P { 01.24.13 at 2:35 pm }

Hey, where did this Ben fan club come from? Don’t remember any of them commenting here when Big Brother was on.
They must have been the ones voting for him a million times, and honest Ben?
You must be joking!

33 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 2:41 pm }

Who’s Ben???

34 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 2:44 pm }

You Ben Norris coffin chasers might want read (if you can read) the BB blogs on this site if you’re genuinely interested in a discussion of what bullying is and who the main offenders on the show were.

You don’t think that a person who throws a glass of water at someone half his age and publicly berates that person on national television for having a “hideous”‘ physique is a bully? And there’s much more. You poor,deluded creatures.

Thanks, Clare. No one’s ever said that to me before.

35 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 2:49 pm }

Put him on…every reality show needs a dickhead.
And while they’re at it put him on Hot Seat and Q and A.
Aside from the moralizing lectures, self-righteousness, bitchiness, two-faced behaviour and sulking….it’s funny how some people think Ben is intelligent. Low bar I guess. He’s polarized the public because he’s a dick.

36 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 2:52 pm }

Put Fryzee on. I would marry him or adopt him.

37 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 2:54 pm }

Hey, I watch Hot Seat. Ben would crap out for sure.

I suppose if Eddie rolled out fifteen questions about Madonna and Kylie, Ben might get some questions right.

Warning on Fryzee. He needs a bit of toilet training.

38 A.P { 01.24.13 at 3:01 pm }

How soon we forget Ben, Daisy!
It will be interesting to see him try his bullying ways with the likes of dawn Fraser and Prue McSween.
Of course he will say that having a gay man on Celebrity Apprentice will force us all to talk about his sexuality and his engagement, just like he said about him appearing in BB.
He doesn’t get it yet that on this blog we didn’t give a stuff about any of that, all we talked about was his bitchy, two faced, bullying behaviour.
I won’t mind seeing him taken down a peg or two if he goes on CA.

39 Beverly funkenhouse { 01.24.13 at 3:12 pm }

I’d totally watch the show if Ben was on it! It would make for awesome tv and be bloody entertaining!! He’s hilarious and would actually stand out and do something different. Which one was Layla? Was she in the last series? Of BB?

40 Ben { 01.24.13 at 3:12 pm }

Always makes me laugh when people gang up
On Benjamin from big brother to say nasty things and call him a bully, guess it really shows the type of people they are. Get a grip guys, Australia must love him as he won the show by a mile. He did a bloody good job at entertaining and causing conversation – I’d like to see him on the show to see how he is portrayed this time – no matter what the trolls will come!

41 Pitty { 01.24.13 at 3:13 pm }

I’d be really interested to see Ben from Big Brother on it.

I get the impression that channel 9 filtered a lot of what we saw. The guy is clearly very charming and has made a living from sales – so he could actually be decent at it. Then there’s the entertainment factor. Who will he locked heads with?!

I don’t understand people wanting Layla on. She’s barely entrepreneurial enough to make a subway sandwich!!!

42 annajjj { 01.24.13 at 3:22 pm }

BDD: No one’s ever said that to me before.

LOL

43 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 3:25 pm }

“Australia must love him” Logic of the madhouse, Ben.

Well, maybe a million people watch the show. That leaves 25 odd million other Australians that don’t give a shit about him.

I mean, hey, he’s done a New Idea interview !!!!

Hi annajjj. Welcome back.

44 bella vita { 01.24.13 at 3:28 pm }

Yawn…let’s see some real celebrities on the show, or at least people known in Australia for more than a year. With cross promo and The Block All Stars having finished filming, I’m guessing perhaps one of them also.

Wouldn’t be surprised to even see someone from The Voice pop up.

Prue McSween is such a wannabe celeb. I remember her days on Beauty and the Beast….personally I think she’s a beast.

My wish list though it would never happen just to see some real sparks fly
Eddie Mc Guire
Larry Emdur
Karl Stefanovic
Richard Wilkins
Molly Meldrum
Martin Hughes (the Dad from Hey Dad, can you just imagine the controversy)
Cameron Daddo (think he’s a celeb and his ego would be clearly out of joint. Legally Blonde is finishing up in Sydney next week, so you never know)
Kyle Sandilands
Kerri Anne
Sarah Murdoch (no one can be that nice can they?)
Sam Newman (always getting into trouble for something)
Tina Arena (who is back in the country next week)

45 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 3:38 pm }

That’s an inspired choice , bella vita . I too remember Prue from Beauty And The Beast. She speaks her mind….but it’s such a tiny mind.

Just so we all know , that creepy paedophile from Hey Dad’s name is Robert Hughes. I’d hate to see the inevitable cookie cutter vigilantes sorting out any innocent Martin Hughes’ out there.

46 annajjj { 01.24.13 at 3:45 pm }

Thanks BDD. I’ve been here a couple of days but I tend to lurk a while and enjoy the comments before jumping in.

I thought I saw somewhere that Nikki Webster was a contestant. Perhaps it was just a bad dream.

47 gidgetvonlarue { 01.24.13 at 4:14 pm }

Good to hear Pete Berner might be on the show as it needs several funny people or it’s just a bit of a downer. If cast right like previously there will be people to route for – and people to absolutely hate. Be hard to beat Deni Hines for pure horrible – but I’m sure someone will give it a try. The way Heidi and Spencer are behaving on Celebrity Big Brother they would be worth flying out to be on the show. They are on the Deni Hines level of horrible.

48 J { 01.24.13 at 5:07 pm }

They should just poach any of the ladies who used to go on the Beauty & the Beast panel show. All the ones they have had on so far have proved to be entertainment gold (Tania, Charlotte, Pauline, Julia Morris etc) –

Jeannie Little, Jan Murray, Carlotta, Prue McSween come to mind

49 A.P { 01.24.13 at 5:20 pm }

Jeannie Little would be great if she wasn’t in a home with Alzheimers poor thing, I really liked her, she had a heart of gold.
Belinda Green was also on Beauty and the Beast.

50 J { 01.24.13 at 5:22 pm }

Oh didnt know that about Jeannie – She was lovely on B&tB – always fun and lively, and i dare say would have brought in a crowd if she ever went on this show.

51 A.P { 01.24.13 at 5:31 pm }

Yes, apparently she doesn’t even know her family any more, when you think how vibrant she was, talking a mile a minute, its so sad.

52 Stacey { 01.24.13 at 5:39 pm }

I must say, at the mere mention of seeing Bejamin’s (BB) name popping up and the comments that followed, I would actually love to see him do something like CA. While not technically a celebrity (though half of them never are), it would make for extremely entertaining series. I would love to see him lock heads with some more famous australians who have never heard of him and see how he handles himself. I would also like to see his business mind, him having worked in sales.

Bella Vita – Great list. I definately would say my favourites are Sarah Murdoch, Sam Newman and Molly. Would love to see those three, might as well chuck in Benjamin, too, doing some kind of orginisational challenge.

53 A.P { 01.24.13 at 5:58 pm }

Stacey, you have a good point re Ben, and after thinking about it I’d be okay for him to be on the show to see him get his comeuppance and interact with older people.

54 Isabel { 01.24.13 at 6:08 pm }

Agree AP! He certainly would be brought down to size!

55 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 6:58 pm }

Good luck throwing a glass of water at Dermott Brereton or calling him “hideous”, Ben.

56 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 7:18 pm }

If they put Ben on, I want Deni back so she can say “Who ARE you??
What have you ever done? You’re not a celebrity” And we would say, “Go Deni.”
Love to see that cat fight. I’m all for Ben going on. What can he do? Oh, bitch, back stab, give cheap advice and then back-stab some more; and and jump side-wise in the pool wearing a cheesy grin. That was amazingly funny. CV: knows how to behave like a 13 year bitchy school girl.
School holidays have brought the Ben fans out.

57 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 7:33 pm }

Put Ben, Lara Bingle, Brynn, Layla, Thomas and Carla, Anthony, one of those stupid girls with the fake tan and pumped lips (from the Aussie Jersey Shore), Kyle Stephanovic. Uncelerebal Celebrities.
Then put Barry Jones in with them and see if he was able to strike up a conversation.

58 Stacey { 01.24.13 at 7:35 pm }

One thing you have to say Ben has is a quick wit. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see him sitting opposite Mark Bouris.

I’m liking this idea more and more by the minute. If he is anything like he was on BB it should be even better seeing him go up against ACTUAL important people. All of the locking heads that goes on anyway, people trying to take over in challenges, others not pulling sponsors, or not pulling weight, people not being able to work in a team, and throwing others under the bus. Basic work skills. Should be extremely entertaining as he has been fired from every job he has had!

59 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 7:35 pm }

Wish Dame Edna wasn’t so famous. Love to see her in with Ben. Try throwing water at the Dame.

60 Carole { 01.24.13 at 7:39 pm }

Noooooooo, not Ben. I knew they would probably have someone from Big Brother, but God I don’t want it to be Ben, as for ditzy Layla, she’s waaaay too bloody stupid and would be absolutely useless. As for that bloody Prue McSween, I can’t stand her she is always shooting her mouth off about something.

Wasn’t Anthony Mundine in the first season with Pauline Hanson? He didn’t think he’d get on with her and was surprised when he met her that she wasn’t as bad as he thought.

61 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 7:47 pm }

I think that’s right about Mundine, Carole- plus we’ve already had the gay bitch with your Jason Coleman, the dance teacher constantly trying to crawl up Mr Bouris’ arse. Ben’s a bottom feeder,basically.

62 Stacey { 01.24.13 at 7:50 pm }

Who else from Big Brother then? Aside from Layla, who would be gone the first week they had to pull sponsors.
The only other people who I think would be slightly entertaining and half decent at the challenges would be probably Sarah because she is a team player and would participate in probably anything, Estelle due to her intelligence and maybe Micheal who would probably be good at organisation, MCing, that kind of thing. Anyone else from that show would be bloody useless at something like Celeb Apprentice.

Also, if they were going to use Block people, it could be anyone of the all-stars or perhaps Brad or Lara. It has to be someone current, which would be a bit difficult. They don’t have to be oscar winning celebrities or even a household name, just a face people recognise I guess.

63 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 7:56 pm }

Stacey, I’m torn between the dog and the kookaburra. Frankly , too many Surlys have died for rtv already. None of the people were/are celebrities, in my opinion.

It’s a good point about the quick wit, too. Just a shame that it comes in a fuckwit package.

But hey, let him do it.

64 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 8:04 pm }

Angie would be good because she would probably take someone down in a scrag fight. Go Ben but for all the wrong reasons.
For a good guy, Sam MIGHT have a brain (which he turns off when dating Layla).

65 Stacey { 01.24.13 at 8:19 pm }

Daisy – best comment ever. Sam is quite smart so I bet he does turn his brain off when he’s with Layla. Also ‘Go Ben for all the wrong reasons.’ Very well put.

Ange would be hilarious on CA. She’s never do it though. I don’t think 4 litre Berri Estates is included in the catering.

66 Gabby { 01.24.13 at 8:34 pm }

Bella vita @ 44 I agree with everything you said from Prue McSween to every one on you wish list. You should get a job in their casting office.

67 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 8:40 pm }

Gabby I agree with you that Prue would make good viewing, but as I said before she speaks without knowing the facts. I love the way she bulldozers through on her opinions. She’s no shrinking violet.But she needs to be alongside Jo Hilderbrand for some balance.

68 brain dead dave { 01.24.13 at 8:41 pm }

Berri Estates -Australia’s largest winery, I used to work near there. You should cop the stench coming from the evaporation ponds nearby. Pity if you bought a house there. Ange would love The Riverland.

I’ve sunk some of their Riesling, Moselle and Fruity Gordo in my time. Can’t drink whites anymore.

69 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 8:42 pm }

Oh Stacey, I think she would do it. Don’t forget the champus in the viewing room. Ange would be hillarious. Biff!

70 Daisy { 01.24.13 at 8:45 pm }

Give Reggie a go.

71 Stacey { 01.24.13 at 9:45 pm }

Even just reading ‘Fruity Gordo’ makes me want to throw up slightly. I can almost smell it.

72 tammy_s { 01.24.13 at 9:53 pm }

Ben would be good on the show but I would replace Layla with Estelle. It would be interesting to see Ben and Estelle together again and she’s a law student, very intelligent and very opinionated. I can see her clashing with everyone on the show just like she did on big brother :)

73 brain dead dave { 01.25.13 at 8:44 am }

I want to see Estelle riding her horse around Mr Bouris’ board room , too- and escaping being fired week after week after week after week.

I suppose Lisa Curry (again ) but this time in tandem with Fifi Box and since we’re including celebrities who aren’t celebrities like Ben,of course , Altijan Juric has to come into calculations. I’d love to see him pumped up on ice, trying to convince Mr Bouris to finance his long lost second album of original sonic bilge.~9~

74 A.P { 01.25.13 at 8:56 am }

Would you have Fifi and Lisa on the same team BDD?
That choice would be interesting for sure, Estelle probably wouldn’t want to be seen with Ben again after the way she was treated. She’s already a winner in my eyes.
Did you see Pete and Manu on Sunrise this morning? They said its all going to be blind judgings this year on MKR. About time too!

75 brain dead dave { 01.25.13 at 9:16 am }

Working together in pairs on a challenge, Lisa and Fifi would be a ratings smash.

Kochie makes me sick, A.P. I’ll only watch $unrise on the weekends or if Kochie’s on holidays. ABC morning news is far less hysterical and works for me.

Blind tastings will be great and will blow ingrates like Thomas and Carla out of the water. I thought Manu was blind while judging most of ze time, anyway. He’s probably moved on from Cointreau to Vodka now so the producers can’t smell that he’s been juicing up.

76 A.P { 01.25.13 at 9:26 am }

I’ve only been turning over to Sunrise temporarily because Karl and Lisa are still MIA and I can’t really relate to their replacements. I know what you mean about Kochie though, its the reason we switched to “Today” in the first place.
I thought that Manu would have been asked about his driving incident, but no such luck.
now Charlotte Dawson is on talking about bullying, wonder what she thinks of Ben?

77 brain dead dave { 01.25.13 at 9:34 am }

They wouldn’t ask Manu about that. Perhaps management sent him a French letter…

It took ACA as usual to drop him in it. Ch 9 must have run out of ripping off pensioner scandals and dodgy arthritis cures that night.

I mean, driving without your L plates or having a paedophile running rampant on Hey Dad .Which is worse, Ch9?

78 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 10:57 am }

Ran out of we always catch the dole cheats stories Ha. Yeah sure.
I would say I can’t stand Kochie but the woman beside him with the cocked head and false sympathy sucks up all my repulsion before it can get to Koch. Kyle is a conceited dick and an idiot. Even his team knows that. I’m a morning surfer (channel) and ABC has news wihtout the blaah, blaaah; “look a my new 10 000 dollar Jimmy Choos.”

79 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 11:00 am }

As for CA, what about Emma from MC. We could count hm times she cries. Or how long she can go before crying. Or better still if she could make it through without crying.
Get Anthony because he could call on all his rich clients to donate.

80 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 11:02 am }

What about Julia Gillards bf? I don’t think he’s busy?

81 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 11:04 am }

Manu and George, on the same team.
So many options.

82 Littlepetal { 01.25.13 at 11:23 am }

Daisy #80 – Tim is a busy boy. He has to draw baths for Julia and blow her hair. If he is on CA, our Julia will be very cranky without her baths and not looking good on tele !!!

For an international CA like Hoff in the last series, we can now have Lance Armstrong. Instead of taking drugs himself, he can drug the other contestant.

83 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 11:49 am }

Ha Ha little Petal…or he could sell some. Good money in that.

84 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 11:57 am }

I don’t think Lance would give his opponents performance enhancing drugs.

85 Gabby { 01.25.13 at 12:32 pm }

AP @ 76, As far as I am concerned Charlotte Dawson is the leader of the bully pack. How she can say she is not a bully is beyond me. She has always been a bully on Australia’s Top Model. She created the original bully girl on TV.
Didn’t like it when the boot was on the other foot though, and she felt what it was like to get a bit of her own medicine back. Suddenly changed her tune.
Sorry AP have to disagree. I am a Sunrise person, that’s when I do watch anything. I used to quite enjoy that Paul guy who got the sack from Channel 10 . But meanwhile I am enjoying the fresh faces on Channel 9. I cannot stand Karl and Lisa. Still it would be no fun if we all liked and disliked the same people. At least we are both on the same boat as far as bully boy Ben is concerned. Keep him off the box!

86 A.P { 01.25.13 at 12:56 pm }

I agree Gabby re CD, she can dish it out too.
I’m also a bit of a channel surfer too in the morning, If “Today” have a boring story, I switch over to “Sunrise” and visa versa. Hubby got more irritated with Kochie than me and we got used to Karl and Lisa but I’m happy to switch around.
I was one of the few people who liked Paul Henry as well, you must be one of the others LOL!

87 Gabby { 01.25.13 at 1:33 pm }

Haha AP there weren’t many of us, but at least he was real. You either liked him for what he was or you didn’t. Us two were two of the few that did.
Are you getting the rain up there? It hasn’t let up down here. Glad I haven’t got a camping trip booked for the weekend.
I like Australia’s Top Model, just don’t know if I can stand watching bully girl and her poser mate, with his sunglasses glued to his bald head.

88 Carole { 01.25.13 at 1:41 pm }

Actually AP & BDD, they had Manu on the day after it happened and asked him about it then. Couldn’t understand half of what he was saying, but he waffled on about being silly.

I flick channels and watch both of them too, but prefer Today.

89 A.P { 01.25.13 at 1:43 pm }

Its pouring here, all the Australia Day stuff cancelled tomorrow, still ,its a welcome change after all the hot weather.
I like Top Model as well, particularly that Alice girl who was picked on a lot but went on to be one of the more successful models from the show.

90 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 2:07 pm }

WORST morning show hosts for me: Mel and Karl. Grrr!!!!
Worst weather man: Stevie.
And the top model judges are up themselves, except for Twiggy who seems OK.
AP, Gabby imagining you inthe rain. You two, don’t go boogie-boarding in the storm water drains….I heard the man on the news say so.

91 Stacey { 01.25.13 at 2:30 pm }

I agree that Charlotte Dawson has been a serious bully in the past, much moreso than Benjamin in my opinion. Although calling Bradley hideous was terrible, Charlotte has done much, much worse on a weekly basis. She took her resentment for the world, got a powerful role on reality tv and just let it fly. ‘Hideous’ would be a compliment from her.

I too love Alice Burdeau. She has had the best career out of any series in any country so suck on that Jordan Loukas.

92 Stacey { 01.25.13 at 2:34 pm }

Also in regards to morning television, hate mel and kochie equally. Fake lame and uncaring. Does anyone else get Daniel Gibson for weather?

93 brain dead dave { 01.25.13 at 3:56 pm }

Thanks Carole@88 for clearing that up about Manu’s faux pas.

Steve Jacobs is not a favourite of mine. If I want to see a cringeworthy train wreck , I’ll watch Julie Goodwin’s cooking segment ,usually about 8.30 Tuesday mornings. Unacceptable.

94 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 4:01 pm }

Is Stevie Jacob’s that irritating weather man with the tall ego?

95 Carole { 01.25.13 at 4:22 pm }

No worries BDD.

Oh, I like Steve Jacobs, I think he’s funny.

96 A.P { 01.25.13 at 5:49 pm }

BDD@93, is this love affair between you and Julie on the rocks?
You might find someone new to adore once Biggest Loser starts, maybe Margie will return to show off her figure.

97 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 6:15 pm }

Carole @95, good. No jealous fights between us then.
Just leave me Lazza Emder.

98 Daisy { 01.25.13 at 6:27 pm }

Dave don’t do it. I saw Sammy and Bella on TV this morning and they SLOW COOKED their meat. Way cuter than Julie too.

99 Daisy { 01.26.13 at 12:13 am }

BDD I won that $100 000 on Hot Seat with the Ethiopoa question tonight. But if I went on it I would probably jag “What colour undies does Britney wear on Tuesdays. (And it would be a trick question).

100 Isabel { 01.26.13 at 6:06 pm }

Daisy, I win the top prize most nights on Hot Seat – I was shouting on Ethiopia to her last night but she obviously couldn’t hear me. It’s the edukashun revolution – they don’t teach them geography any more.

I’m a bit nervous to ask, but how do people find time to watch breakfast TV? I work and my am routine doesn’t include TV – and if it did it wouldn’t be Mel and Koch – both deplorable presenters – as is the newsreader, can’t remember her name.

101 Lisa { 01.27.13 at 6:24 pm }

Celebrity apprentice Au will never be good until Bouris gets a bit tougher with the celebs. He’s too kind and never gets to the weakest link. Just asks them who should go and why should I keep you. He needs to ask hard questions about why the task was lost. Get them to turn on each other

102 Daisy { 01.27.13 at 6:35 pm }

Isabel; another term for child-centred education could be self-centred education. Geography isn’t the only thing they don’t teach.
Isn’t it apalling how bad the contestants are on Hot Seat.
As for morning TV; that’s because you don’t have to watch it. It’s just white noise.
The fact that we have TV on in the mornings can be because some of us are retired, or work weird hours. I start work at 11.00, unless I’m teaching. And don’t blame me for the because I do TRY to teach all the olden day things such as grammar and that something isn’t “suffink”. I also say DON”T GET A TATTOO.

103 Daisy { 01.27.13 at 6:39 pm }

Oh and Isabel; “C is jumping out at me for some reason” Aaaaah!!! When they mean I don’t have a bloody clue but the answer will magically appear.
Hot Seat gets me growling more than any other show because I always think,” why did you go on?”

104 Celebrity Apprentice Australia – Jeff Fenech To Be A Contestant | reality ravings { 01.28.13 at 12:34 pm }

[...] of the contestants have previously been reported on Reality Ravings but Jeff Fenech was not one of them but other sports people like Stephanie Rice, Kris Smith and [...]

105 Carole { 01.30.13 at 8:23 am }

Oh, and thank God, Ben is not in the line up. They published the full list of contestants and he is not among them!!!!!

106 Alex { 01.30.13 at 9:55 am }

Shit line up – I wont be watching this year.

107 Fiona { 01.30.13 at 10:06 am }

Why would they choose the ‘stupid’ runner up of a reality show to be on Celeb Apprentice? Layla didn’t even know what a metre was! How the hell is she going to do well? They obviously have a cast of different ‘types’ of people and needed a dumb english chick. Great message to send to young women out there – all you need to do is act dumb and you will go far girls.

108 Carole { 02.01.13 at 7:03 pm }

I can see Prue clashing with Layla, can’t imagine she will have much patience with her stupidity. She’ll be shooting her mouth off and shouting her down every chance she can get.

109 Daisy { 02.01.13 at 8:08 pm }

Totally agree with those two clashing Carole.