Audio Vixen From The X Factor Are Going To Support Barry Gibb

Audio Vixen the sibling group that came ninth on The X Factor a couple of years ago have had a career coup by getting a support act with former Bee Gee Barry Gibb.

Clearly they are focusing on an older fan base with this gig.

The Daily Telegraph reports:

Gibb has asked for Audio Vixen – made up of Pirrelli siblings Ria , 29, Christine, 27, and Ross, 21 – to be his support act when he tours Australia next month.The Sydney-based trio who rocked their way into the top nine on hit show The X Factor, recorded Morning Of My Life in an attempt to capture the attention of their idol – and it worked.

“When we set out to try and get Barry to listen to our music, we just presumed we’d get a note back saying thanks but no thanks,” Ria Pirrelli said.

“A few weeks later we got a phone call from the promoters to say Barry had requested that Audio Vixen be his support act for his tour in February.

“We’ve been told that he listened to the CD and watched our clip on YouTube and it all happened from there.”

She said the trio had based their sounds around the Bee Gees’ signature vocal style.

Audio Vixen were in season two of The X Factor, the year Reece Mastin won. The clip above is the song that impressed Barry Gibb.

1 Sue N { 01.29.13 at 1:21 pm }

Good on them, I actually really enjoyed most of their performances :)

2 A.P { 01.29.13 at 1:38 pm }

Hey Sue N, great to see you back!
I really liked Audio Vixen too, hope they do well.

3 brain dead dave { 01.29.13 at 2:00 pm }

I think finishing ninth to Reece Mastin and Pops Wishart says it all.

My memory is that they sounded like a fart in a bucket.

4 Sue N { 01.29.13 at 4:02 pm }

& therein lies the reason my return will probably be very short lived.

5 Daisy { 01.29.13 at 4:36 pm }

Sue N@4 well that’s an OK volley. Don’t give up.

6 Daisy { 01.29.13 at 4:46 pm }

Tim, Tim, Tim. OH dear on the “Offendable remark.”

7 A.P { 01.29.13 at 5:52 pm }

Sue N, $tay and join in the fun.
Daisy, yes it was a pretty tasteless remark wasn’t it?

8 Georgie { 01.29.13 at 10:14 pm }

Poor Barry must have been feeling the nostalgia hearing and seeing three young siblings making music together.

9 brain dead dave { 01.29.13 at 10:21 pm }

I expressed the same opinion way back about Audio Toxin. Complain away.

10 Sue N { 01.30.13 at 6:50 am }

….probably just will stay away…again.

tired of the disdain and put downs on anyone who disagrees with the select few……the clique will assert its “superiority”, and belittle and demean those who dare to express an opinion different to theirs……apparently their word is “law”…..

& for the record- listen to the song- they can SING !!!! Bloody well…..

11 A.P { 01.30.13 at 8:38 am }

There’s no reason why you can’t have a different opinion Sue N.
I liked Audio Vixen and said so, not everyone has to agree.
I also listened to their clip and thought they sang really well, Barry Gibb must have thought so.

12 brain dead dave { 01.30.13 at 11:32 am }

So I expressed a different opinion, the same as before and Sue N construes it as some kind of personal attack. Not my or any “clique’s” problem.

If it’s not me or some imagined ,organized group of blogging thugs you accuse and complain about , you’ll turn on the person running the blog.

13 Daisy { 01.30.13 at 11:52 am }

AP@7 Can’t decide what was worse, the slur, on Asians, on women or on Asian doctors, but I also found his ignorance of language highly “offendable”. Sorry I may not be spelling it correctly because it isn’t in the dictionary. But I am sure that Julia can promptly override McQaurie and have it replace the word “offensive”.

14 Sue N { 01.30.13 at 2:45 pm }

…..reinforcing why I will probably stay away…… sad that I can’t feel free to express a viewpoint on a blog- which I thought was the whole idea…..I had hoped it had changed, but seems not…..

15 brain dead dave { 01.30.13 at 6:59 pm }

….reinforcing why you’ll keep banging on like a dripping tap, you mean….which for you is the whole idea….

I don’t happen to like Audio Toxin. So shoot me.

Surely you can live with that. There’s no accounting for taste and it’s not the end of the bloody world if someone doesn’t hear it like you.

16 Sue N { 01.30.13 at 11:13 pm }

really tempted to tell you to just f**k off….. & I am sure you will turn that into something else too….