Celebrity Apprentice Cast Revealed

TV Tonight managed to exclusively reveal the names of the contestants on Celebrity Apprentice Australia.

They are:

Dawn Fraser, swimming champ.
Stephanie Rice, swimming champ.
Prue MacSween, PR / social commentator.
Layla Subritzky, Big Brother.
Prinnie Stevens, The Voice.
Kim Johnson, Dancing with the Stars (US).
Roxie Jacenko, PR.

Jeff Fenech, boxing champ.
John Steffenson, sprinting champ.
Brian Mannix, 80s rocker.
Rob Mills, performer.
Dermott Brereton, The Footy Show.
Peter Everett, TV host.
Peter Berner, comedian.

There does not appear to be a much business savviness there apart from Roxy Jacenko who has built up a successful PR brand. Also she should have the corporate contacts that will help in bringing the big bucks for her team. However her mind may not be on the job as it has been reported her husband has been charged with insider trading according to the SMH.

Layla from Big Brother is an interesting one considering her persona on the show was to be as dumb as possible. Expect her to be an early casualty. Personally I think it is to sports person heavy and expect Stephanie Rice to get the golden edit as she has now signed to NINE.

Kym Johnson must be wanting to raise her profile back in Australia as she is fairly well known in the US. NINE are also bringing another one of their reality TV alumni back, Prinnie Stevens who was on The Voice will also be a contestant.

What do you think?

Celebrity Apprentice Australia to be seen on NINE later this year.

1 tvaddict { 01.30.13 at 8:24 am }

Too many sportsmen for my liking. Lucky Rob Mills is on the list otherwise I probably wouldn’t bother watching it.

2 A.P { 01.30.13 at 8:32 am }

I’m happy with Prue, Dawn, Layla,Rob but the others, nah!
Would have actually liked to have seen Ben on there just to see how he handled Jeff Fenech.

3 L.L { 01.30.13 at 8:56 am }

What can Layla bring to celebrity apprentice she barely understood anything on big brother. The only she mastered was not being genuine to Estelle.

4 TMC { 01.30.13 at 9:53 am }

I Do like the addition of Peter Berner

5 Erin { 01.30.13 at 9:59 am }

Yeah, not too much business savviness there, but most of the challenges on Celeb Apprentice are usually about your creativity and marketing, and how much money your team makes for the challenge. Which is why some of the “entertainment” types tend to do a bit better…

Layla will do ok, if she drops the dumb act. Apparently she ran a beauty salon in England and I would assume she has done some modelling and promo work in the past. I think (and am hoping) she might surprise people.

6 PollyB { 01.30.13 at 10:26 am }

I’ve got to say I’m on the boys team here. Even though I’m not into sports. Go Brian & Berner! Who are Layla, Prinnie, Kim & Roxie?

7 Littlepetal { 01.30.13 at 10:30 am }

Steffenson will be fiery and run his own race. Like to see how S Rice handle herself. Prue will not hold her tongue. At some stage there will be some fireworks between Prue and the other contestants.

8 Reality Raver { 01.30.13 at 2:12 pm }

Roxy might not have her mind on the task at hand as her husband has been charged with insider trading http://www.smh.com.au/business/socialite-may-face-jail-over-insider-trading-charges-20130129-2dj0a.html

9 Stacey { 01.30.13 at 2:44 pm }

Im calling it early for Peter Berner for the win. He’s a cut above the rest in the intelligence department, but its ridiculous how much this show relies on sponsors for the challenges. I realise it has to be for charity but jees it makes it really unfair for the ‘celebs’ who have been in the game for 2 seconds. Last year Marion was cut pretty much in the first few weeks – as if she can outdo people raking in thousands when she’s 1 year out of MC and is running a start-up business! The year before it was Polly. Just because they’re not as famous or haven’t been in the media for as long as the others doesn’t mean they shouldn’t get a fair chance to compete and show what area’s they ARE useful in. Obviously Layla’s the essential ‘pretty girl’ out of the bunch and I cant imagine her having many contacts. Its harder for her also as she has only just moved here in the last year or so.

Predicting Dawn and Steph will be the big money pullers and fireworks from Prue and Kim. They seem like they wouldn’t stand for slackers and general bullshit.

10 Georgie { 01.30.13 at 5:13 pm }

Thumbs up for Brian Mannix who is funny and great entertainment.

11 Lisa { 01.30.13 at 6:28 pm }

Time for mr Bouris to lift his game and go hard at the contestants. He’s way too soft.

12 Daisy { 01.31.13 at 1:23 am }

I have a hunch Prue will will get jacked off with Layla. It looks a bit of a boring list to me but that might be because I don’t know some of them.

13 Amy { 01.31.13 at 8:32 am }

I’ll start watching it after Peter Everett gets kicked off. Makes my skin crawl, that guy!

14 brain dead dave { 01.31.13 at 8:51 am }

Celebrity Crapprentice.

Another fail for Ch9. Layla will eat them out of house and home.

15 Anonymous { 01.31.13 at 12:09 pm }

How true is that Brain Dead Dave but then again she may need things explained as she didn’t really understand too much on big brother.

16 Stacey { 01.31.13 at 2:53 pm }

Come on BDD, she’s not exactly in Rebel Wilson territory.

17 BlogA { 01.31.13 at 9:27 pm }

Roxy has my backing, I think she is the most savvy and a go getter! Ps. Bit low to reference her husband RealityRaver, sure support would be more appreciated :)

18 Daisy { 01.31.13 at 10:04 pm }

This is a no-brainer….Layla will be batting her giant false eyelashes and using her “adorable charms” and childlike naivety to try to manipulate the blokes into coughing up the big bucks.

19 Reality Raver { 01.31.13 at 11:40 pm }

BlogA – I think Roxy received a good write up from me and at this stage is my favourite to win. She has built one of the leading PR agencies in Sydney, and I thought it was disappointing SEVEN did not run with her own reality show they had been filming. Low re: husband? it has been reported this week in the mainstream press, and obviously she must be feeling stressed about it and could effect her focus on the show.

20 Reality Raver { 01.31.13 at 11:42 pm }

Daisy, BDD, L.L – I think the Layla casting is awful surely the first to be eliminated if she is no the losing team. Sure she will be a good team player but not sure she will add much. Though with most of them not having any business acumen some crazy ideas might ensue.

21 Daisy { 02.01.13 at 12:06 am }

I thought CA was for people who could be smart, resourceful, creative, inventive/innovative and inspirational/motivational. I just don’t see these qualities in Layla. She might surprise me. If CA producers chose her merely for getting BB votes well, we’ll see if that works out.
It would be more interesting to see how Sam went, sans Layla. Too bad they didn’t have Nova Peris. It might have added a new dimension to her catapault into politics.

22 Reality Raver { 02.01.13 at 12:39 am }

Daisy – Agree I would have preferred Ben. It would have been interesting to see how he went and he has a background in Sales.

23 Gypsy { 04.30.13 at 4:58 pm }

I am looking forward to the Apprentice on 9 tonight, At the end of the day, it’s for charity after all. Hope this season a blast

24 Gabby { 04.30.13 at 5:10 pm }

Me too Gypsy.

25 nanaliz { 04.30.13 at 5:41 pm }

Didn’t think Prue Mac had a cry in her, she always comes across as a hard arse – my way or highway. Not exactly much brains trust amongst guys. promos suggest lots of tears and tantrums amongst the girls.

26 Gabby { 04.30.13 at 6:10 pm }

It must be a bluff nana, she must be finding it tough and it’s her only way out. She is one hard arse!