Survivor Philippines – Denise Stapley Wins Survivor

It was a well deserved win for Denise Stapley who won Survivor Philippines seen on Australian screens last night. She did indeed outwit, outlast and out play her competitors.

She comprehensively beat her other top three Mike Skupin and Lisa Whechel who only got one vote from the jury each. Denise who was in a firm alliance with Malcolm burned him when they made the top four as she thought he would be impossible beat at the jury vote.

Here is an interview with Denise on her win on Hitflix where she talks about that and other tribal council issues.

Fans of Malcolm will pleased to know he is back in the next season of Survivor set in Caramoan and yes after I finish this blog post I will be googling to see where it actually is.

The next season which starts in the US on the 13 February (don’t expect to see it on NINE around then) has ten returning players against ten new ones, it is being branded as Fans V Favourites series. It looks good.

The returning players are:

English Professor
“Survivor: South Pacific”

Erik Reichenbach
Age: 27
Santa Clarita, Calif.
Comic Book Artist
“Survivor: Micronesia — Fans vs. Favorites”

Francesca Hogi

“Survivor: Redemption Island”

Malcolm Freberg
Age: 25
Hermosa Beach, Calif.
Bartender
“Survivor: Philippines”

There is some great people returning and after a great season in the Philippines, the next series will again be compulsory viewing.

Survivor Season 26 on GO on February 14 at 7.30pm. It looks like they are fast tracking it.

1 Izobel2 { 01.30.13 at 1:37 pm }

Cochran is back!!!!!!!!!!
NO WONDER JStar is nowhere to be seen!!
I KNEW they were one and the same!

RR – can you email JStar and ask if he’s ok??

Glad Denise won. And even happier that Malcolm is coming back.

Not so happy about Crazy Brandon. .. but he’s good tv.

RR – AP & Carole are saying that Go! are screening this season not long after the US. Hope that ends up happening!

2 Barney { 01.30.13 at 1:43 pm }

They advertised it on last night’s final: screening on Go, on Thursday Feb 14 at 7.30, just hours? after the US. It’s a miracle.

3 Reality Raver { 01.30.13 at 1:47 pm }

Oh fantastic better change my blog post

4 Bolders { 01.30.13 at 1:48 pm }

Denise annoyed me no end with her insistence on wearing that thing she calls a bikini ALL THE TIME and her male body builder’s stance without actually being a male or a body builder.

Funny the things that will annoy one.

5 Jas { 01.30.13 at 1:54 pm }

With Brandon Hantz back I hope it doesn’t get all religious and full of group prayers…each to their own but it gets damn annoying after a while.

6 Izobel2 { 01.30.13 at 1:56 pm }

Ha Jas! I guess we can just thank the Lord that Lisa & Coach aren’t on there with him.

7 A.P { 01.30.13 at 3:41 pm }

Yes miracles do happen, maybe they got so many complaints they have caved in to pressure which is great news for us.
I heard it was the 19th but 14th is even better!
Can’t wait for this one and to see some old players returning.
I wasn’t happy about Denise winning and would have preferred Malcolm so good to see he gets another go.
Yes RR, can you find out what happened to JStar and the rest of the recaps please?

8 Calliegirl { 01.30.13 at 3:52 pm }

After Malcolm was booted I didn’t really care who won. Golly it was a bi*tchy questioning from the very bitter Jury wasn’t it?

9 Bolders { 01.30.13 at 3:53 pm }

@Jas #5 that kind of religion deserves quotation marks – it’s an anethma when these nutjobs fight to get on a show then stand around praying for signs about what to do next.

Agree about the sad sack jury questioning: sheesh Penner needs to get a grip. Did he expect to be given a free ride just because he sounds like Alan Alda?

10 Carole { 01.30.13 at 10:35 pm }

RR, apparently it is the Phillippines too. I read somewhere that the next season was filmed straight away in the same place and they weren’t as bad off as it was no longer the wet season. There was about 2 weeks between them, so Malcolm won’t have gotten much of a break. Apparently it was Probst’s fault the last one was during the wet season as filming was delayed due to his talk show.

Jas, the guy who does the recaps for Entertainment Weekly interviewed all the contestants and Brandon told him he had learned from his mistakes last time and would play the game different this time. Only time will tell. And he had a falling out with his uncle Russell too.

I thought Denise was a very deserving winner too. The reunion was a bit of a let down. I thought there would be a show down between Abi and RC, but it was very low key.

Actually Bolders, I found Lisa doing the challenges, especially the water ones, fully clothed annoying. That would have hindered her a lot. All the other women were in bikinis, and there she is in jeans & t-shirts, trying to swim.

I guess that’s one advantage of us getting this one so late, we don’t have to wait too long for the next season.

11 Izobel2 { 01.30.13 at 10:56 pm }

Thanks for the insight Carole. I wonder if Malcolm doing 2 shows back to back with not much time to analyse others game plans/his own game plans will help or hinder him?
He’s basically going on Biggest Loser too… If he lasts a while that’s an awful long time with no food.
I remember Evil Russell doing 2 seasons back to back. It gave the others a disadvantage as they didn’t know how well he played the game.. finding idóls every five seconds.

And very excited about the upcoming season anyway.
I’ll have to google the cast so I remember them all properly.
I haven’t watched the reunion show yet as my PVR stuffed up.
Will watch the replay on Sunday, hopefully it’s on Go!

I’m always confused about the outfits. I’d be wearing bathers and outback attire and clothes with pockets and a hat and walking shoes and scarves and anything else I thought would come in handy.
I remember Blair/Lisa saying she didn’t want to get all naked in the water like the other stick insects. I’d feel like a blimp next to them too.

12 Reality Raver { 01.31.13 at 12:07 am }

Thanks Carole – you are right they do film two back to back I had gotten confused. Malcolm will go in weaker as he will still be putting on the weight he had lost from his first season.
I thought Brandon Hantz just seem very borderline on his mental state very fragile and not very rationale.

13 q { 01.31.13 at 12:16 am }

Thank you ch9/Go for fasttracking survivor!
this will be the 1st time since season 2 that I will be watching on oz tv.

14 Sioux Denim { 01.31.13 at 12:52 am }

Whoop whoop, way to go Denise…first time in EVER I have backed a winner….

Have to agree the reunion was a let down, and interesting to hear Carter was pegged initially as outgoing and chatty! Thought the jury questions were all so mean…i think they must get told to hype it up? denise was not given much air time in that so i initially thought bloody Lisa had won….

Totally stoked Go are going to be showing the next season and fast tracked too, wonders will never cease.

15 KG { 01.31.13 at 8:47 am }

What? How about a spoiler alert!!!!!!!

No Survivor write-ups for weeks and then you show winner – including name in title and picture only hours after the 3 hour finale when a lot of people would have taped to watch later as it ran to 1am.

No avoiding knowing who’s won.

Haven’t even got to watch show and will now watch knowing answer. Bugger!

16 A.P { 01.31.13 at 9:01 am }

Oh KG, sorry it was spoilt for you but I blame channel 9 for making us wait for so long and putting it on at such an ungodly hour, and it was a shame that we had no recaps for ages either.
Lots of people couldn’t be bothered waiting so long and found other ways to watch it, annoying I know.
At least with Fans vs Favourites we will see it at a decent time on Go not loong after the US.
It shows channel 9 finally listened to us .

17 Georgie { 01.31.13 at 9:18 am }

Agree A.P, I haven’t watched the last few series because it’s been on too late. I’m very happy Ch9 are showing some respect to viewers this time around.

I hope JStar is okay and even if he can’t do the recaps, I would still love to read his comments.

18 Daisy { 01.31.13 at 11:07 am }

KG@15 Same thing happened to me. I went on for MKR and, bam, there was Denise. I watched my recording anyway. Mind you the ending was also spoiled by the break in momentum with the extra week’s delay in telecasting.
I would have liked Malcom to win.
I was very disappointed (I’m to nice for this game) Lisa whose word meant NOTHING (good one Christian; “let your yes be yes, and your no be no”) won most popular. Bible belt vote?
Not surprised the cast were bitter.
Highlight of the night; a repentent Abi.

19 Reality Raver { 01.31.13 at 11:18 am }

KG and Daisy – sorry but the post was put up mid Wednesday afternoon in Australia if I am correct.

20 Reality Raver { 01.31.13 at 12:46 pm }

BTW I contacted JSTAR he has been busy and had an online hiatus. He said he will pop in soon.

21 Izobel2 { 01.31.13 at 12:59 pm }

Thanks RR for the JStar info!

22 Daisy { 01.31.13 at 4:04 pm }

That’s OK RR. I should have been more careful.
You can’t win, can you? We complain when your not quick enough and we complain when you are quick.

23 Carole { 01.31.13 at 4:47 pm }

No worries RR & Izobel2. Yeah, that’s true, Russell had an advantage as his season hadn’t aired yet when he started competing in the next series, so they didn’t know how manipulative he was. Though being in the villains tribe would have given them a bit of a clue.

Yeah I’m glad it’s on Go this time, they don’t have sport or news or anything which usually can cause delays.

I accidentally found out the winner after it aired in the US when I was reading an article on Homeland. There at the bottom of the page was ‘Denise said winning Survivor was surreal’. I was being so careful averting my eyes at any Tweets Survivor related and thought I would be safe with that.

Here’s a link to an interview with Phillip. At the bottom of the page there are links to other contestants interviews.

bit.ly/14rWlwg

24 Carole { 01.31.13 at 7:07 pm }

Sorry that link didn’t work. Don’t know why the link isn’t coming up properly, it works on Twitter but when I try to copy it here it doesn’t come up properly. I’ve tried a few different ones.

25 Carole { 02.02.13 at 9:09 am }

Just read about a couple of people they tried to get back but they didn’t want to. Matt from Redemption Island, you remember him, the poor bugger that spent practically the whole series there and won every challenge, then finally got to go back to the rest of the island and got voted off straight away again. And Shambo. They both said they were done with it and weren’t interested in coming back. Probst also said he’d like Lisa to come back some time too, but would be surprised if she did.

26 A.P { 02.02.13 at 9:29 am }

Yes I remember Poor Matt, I felt really sorry for him, it was obvious no one liked him and they were always going to vote him off.
He tried so hard and I would have liked to see him back.
Not Lisa again, ever, please!

27 Georgie { 02.02.13 at 9:31 am }

Carole, you need to follow the link from Twitter then when you get to the destination site, copy the URL from there and paste it in your RR post. Hope that makes sense – also hope it works 😀

28 Daisy { 02.02.13 at 11:08 am }

If you had survivor gorgeous hotties, you’d have to have Matt, from solitary confinement. He stayed there so long because he couldn’t be beaten. That’s also why they booted him off; too much threat. As I recall he volunteered to go to save some jerk in his alliance. Another one of course is Malcom. Long haired, monkey Ozzie was cute and for an oldie the lovely firefighter frof a few years ago. None of the hotties are allowed to be horrible.
And AP Never again on Lisa. I prefer the raving the full on crazy, Christians to that fake pious one. Saccharine.

29 Daisy { 02.02.13 at 11:16 am }

I wonder who the guys would pick. There’s been a few pretty girls but a lot of them haven’t stayed long.
Does anyone else think that most of them look a lot better on the island than they do back in the studio. I was shocked to see Ozzie tidied up and with short hair. Way cuter as Mowglie.

30 Carole { 02.02.13 at 7:38 pm }

Thanks Georgie, I tried that but it didn’t work either. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong, I’ve posted links before and they have worked.

I couldn’t believe how different Penner looked without his beard, nearly didn’t recognise him, till he talked. Even at Ponderosa he left his beard on, so I gathered he must usually have a beard. By the time it finishes, I can never remember what they all looked like in the beginning when they are still neat and tidy and clean shaven with brushed hair.

Skupin said in an interview after the finale that someone blackmailed him. He didn’t say who it was, but they threatened if he voted them off they would turn the jury against him and tell them lies about him and that he said stuff about their kids. I would love to know who he’s talking about.

31 Daisy { 02.02.13 at 8:36 pm }

Yeah Penner looked sort of handsome but in a weird way. Maybe because I wasn’t expecting the change.

32 Izobel2 { 02.02.13 at 10:53 pm }

I vote for J.T. to come back then in Survivor Hotties. Mmmmmm. :)

One of the prettiest girls was Sugar I think.

33 Daisy { 02.02.13 at 11:11 pm }

I agree on sugar. Very cute and pretty. Not sure I remember JT. Tall, dark and handsome?
Izobel with two teams of real hotties, it would be better than Bachelor. Mud wresting would have to be a challenge. The hubbies would be watching then. But they’d have to be actually hot, not like Vienna.

34 Izobel2 { 02.03.13 at 3:37 pm }

Hey Daisy. JT was not so tall or dark, but he was way hotter on Survivor than in ‘real life’ when he finished! ( He looked a bit like Bentley). I think that must be my type! He was far more rugged on Survivor, with a lovely country accent.
And thanks for the laugh! Yeah the husbands would definitely watch if it was full of real hotties, but yes definitely not Vienna style. She definitely made The Bachelor for entertainment value rather than the looks dept. Plus she’s a meanie.

35 Daisy { 02.03.13 at 4:02 pm }

I agree with you on Bentley’s looks, but what a mongrel!!!!!!! DO you think he has ever been able to get a girlfriend since the Bach?
Re Survivor: I reckon they all looked better on the wild side (except for maybe Penner). Even Sugar was cuter in her little Pebbles and Bam Bam outfit that I tink she wore. Ozzie should never cut his hair, unless he goes bald on top.
I’ll have to google JT to jog my memory.
How good is it that we only have to wait until the 14th for another round. I wonder how Malcom will go. He’s probably eating up big time to prepare. I’ll bet he’s training too. He’ll be so determined to win. But he will have a massive target on his back. And he won’t let any cuties snuggle up to him at night; bad luck girls.

36 Izobel2 { 02.03.13 at 4:13 pm }

Surely Bentley is still single…. mind you he does have a way of wooing the ladies doesn’t he. Wonder what his friends thought of his efforts!
Oh yeah I’m very happy that they’ve fasttracked the next series.
It’s always different when previous players return. The alliances are different. I’d be off hunting idols if I was a returning player.
Do you think that the new seasons players have watched Malcolm’s season then?

37 Daisy { 02.03.13 at 5:02 pm }

I think Bentley’s friends would have had a good laugh but they are also probably cads (old fashioned word but it fits). They would already know what he’s like.
I don’t know if they would have seen Malcom’s season. I would sure love to see him win; the game or a heart maybe.

38 Carole { 02.04.13 at 8:42 am }

No, it was filmed 2 weeks later, so they won’t have seen Malcolm playing. I doubt he will volunteer the information that he made it to the final 3.

39 Carole { 02.07.13 at 9:41 am }

Well one week to go till the new Survivor.

40 A.P { 02.07.13 at 10:12 am }

Can’t wait!

41 Carole { 02.14.13 at 8:34 am }

Well, tonight’s the night. Is everyone excited? Does anyone know if JStar will be doing the recaps again?