Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Starts Tonight on Discovery Health

The controversial show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo starts tonight on Discovery Health at 8pm. The show is about Honey Boo Boo who was a pageant star in Toddlers And Tiaras but it showcases her whole family in their home town.

It has attracted criticism about her about child exploitation, as people are laughing at their redneck ways. However it is enormously  popular and there are Honey Boo Boo special and a new series commissioned.

One interesting thing to note is that the mother is not taking any of the now quite large sums of money but it all goes into trust for her kids education. Very unKardashian like.

If you watch it can you tell me what you think, as I have yet to see an episode, however will give it a look see next week.

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo on Discovery Health on 8pm Thursdays with repeats throughout the week.

1 Georgie { 01.31.13 at 10:17 pm }

If that’s HBB’s mother above, then Discovery Health is a good channel for her to be on.

2 Gabby { 01.31.13 at 11:36 pm }

Have to have a look to see what all the hype is about!

3 Daisy { 02.01.13 at 10:17 pm }

RR probably didn’t weigh in this morning because she’s off having dinner at Honey Boo’s house or at the Kardashians. Or Denise’s.
They’ll be fawning all over her to get on RR.

4 Reality Raver { 02.02.13 at 12:30 am }

Will weigh in on this next week back in Australia Monday morning could not watch it here. I was quite scathing of this show when I first heard about it. But I think the mother’s motives are more pure than most ie not taking the money and wanting to make a better life for her kids, which probably would be difficult otherwise.

5 Daisy { 02.02.13 at 1:50 am }

Ah, not quite what I meant. Joking about you being courted by the RTV celebs, but perhaps you were.

6 Dr T { 02.02.13 at 12:25 pm }

I disagree about this being child exploitation… it’s redneck exploitation

7 Reality Raver { 02.02.13 at 12:56 pm }

Dr T – Funny you should say that as there has been criticism slated about a new trend in the US about reality showcasing the redneck/working class. Saying it is all about other people looking down their nose at them. There was an article somewhere if I stumble across it again I will post it, it was quite interesting.

8 Daisy { 02.02.13 at 1:07 pm }

RR that’s interesting. I wonder how it will look in the history pages.
I am looking forward to the article.
Actually if we ever make it through global warming etc, etc, these last two decades will be most interesting to look back on in a hundred years. They might call it the cyber-revolution but they’d have a couple of other options. Anyone?
The sport of watching reality sad-cases and basket-cases (watching people squirm and sufffer) could be likened to:
Watching the guillotine or the public hangings.
Throwing rotten fruit at people in the stocks.
Going to the Roman arena.
So human nature hasn’t changed.

9 brain dead dave { 02.02.13 at 2:51 pm }

No problem with the mother being able to take the criticism on the chins.

10 Daisy { 02.02.13 at 3:22 pm }

On the chins. In form. LOL.

11 Helen { 07.01.13 at 8:42 pm }

This show is terrible. I turned it one once and I couldn’t stand this family and what they stood for. What will HBB grow up to be I wonder.