Celebrity Apprentice Australia – Dane Bouris Still An Advisor But Is Deborah Thomas Gone?

Season Three of Celebrity Apprentice Australia kicked off in less than ideal conditions at Bondi Beach with a pop up Fish and Chip challenge.

The Daily Telegraph reports the winds were cyclonic as the teams tried to whip up customers for their “businesses”. It was males versus females, with Roxy Jacenko and Prue McSween out spruiking with the reality TV alumni of Prinnie Stevens and Layla from Big Brother staffing the deep fryers.

But the show is not about how good your fish and chips are or how many punters you can get through the doors, it is about how many corporate donors you can bring in. Former boxer Jeff Fenech managed to get a $20,000 donation from James Packer, however Kym Johnson had to wear a bikini to receive a donation of $3000 from 2Chillis swimwear. Dawn Fraser was probably happy about that.

The team who loses will face Mark Bouris in the board room. It also looks like his son Dane Bouris is back this season as he turned up to observe the teams at the challenge, and it is unclear whether Deborah Thomas is back, as Woman’s Day Editor Fiona Connelly was there at Bondi.

UPDATE: It has been reported that Deborah Thomas was at Bondi Beach, which means both her and Dane will be returning as advisors.

Hopefully Dane Bouris livens up this series as last year he did not really add much to the show.

Also Private Sydney in the SMH is reporting that Roxy Jacenko may be being a diva on set. Hopefully she is raising the hackles of the other contestants, you get the feeling she knows how to give good reality TV. And moral of the story the more entertaining you are the more likely you will be safe from elimination!

The cast for this year’s series is:

Dawn Fraser, swimming champ.
Stephanie Rice, swimming champ.
Prue MacSween, PR / social commentator.
Layla Subritzky, Big Brother.
Prinnie Stevens, The Voice.
Kim Johnson, Dancing with the Stars (US).
Roxie Jacenko, PR.

Jeff Fenech, boxing champ.
John Steffenson, sprinting champ.
Brian Mannix, 80s rocker.
Rob Mills, performer.
Dermott Brereton, The Footy Show.
Peter Everett, TV host.
Peter Berner, comedian.

Celebrity Apprentice Australia will screen on NINE

1 Daisy { 02.02.13 at 4:17 pm }

f Deborah is the one I think she is, they would be mad to lose her.
She looks and sounds like the queen but is an incredibly smart. I love her comments on AC and on other interviews. Good old fashioned manners and sense.

2 Carole { 02.02.13 at 9:19 pm }

Yeah, Deborah is good on it. Not familiar with Roxie. I thought Prue would be the difficult one. I am hoping she gets fired early on. Definitely can’t wait to hear the words ‘Prue, you’re fired’!!!!!!

3 Stacey { 02.03.13 at 10:34 am }

It wouldn’t be the same without Debra so thank god she’s staying. If it was just Dane commentating the challenges it would be beyond boring. I’m actually a bit keen to see what Layla brings to the comp, she was probably my favourite from BB – obviously somewhere it is impossible to show any skills that you might have. So for that reason I hope she does ok. Otherwise I’m definately calling Peter Berner for the win. I haven’t actually seen Roxy anywhere before but am I right in hearing that she owns Sweaty Betty PR?

4 Daisy { 02.03.13 at 11:36 am }

Stace, I can see why you like Layla. She was one of my favourites for a few weeks because I liked the way she was ‘good for a larf’. I like people that are funny and daggy. But I went off her when I started noticing her using her womanly wiles to manipulate BB. I figured she probably did that a lot to get what she wanted. She was pretty good at getting people on her side too. I thought the dumb thing was an act so the interesting thing in CA will be if she can drop it and play smart.
For me in BB she went from front runner to middle in my mind. Angie tried manipulate and influence others to but she was far more obvious about it. I suppose in BB house they’re all manipulators but they use different means and some were more practiced and better at it. It’s a characteristic that might come in handy in CA.

5 Stacey { 02.03.13 at 12:30 pm }

Yeh I liked that Layla was daggy and didn’t take herself seriously, like at all. I hope in CA she doesn’t get stepped on too much. I never actually for a second thought the whole ‘dumb’ thing was an act. Not everyone is a witty genius with a stretchy vocabulary. You can also be streetsmart but not booksmart. She ran her own salon so perhaps shes more of the former. But either way I hope she stands up for herself against some of the bigger personalities its always been obvious that her self-esteem is not as high as it probably should be considering how absolutely beautiful she is.

6 Daisy { 02.03.13 at 1:46 pm }

People adjust their behaviour to suit the setting and the crowd. Notice how in other contestants have shown different sides to their characters. So it I expect and look forward to seeing a different Layla. Yes it was the fun, able to laugh at herself, and not take everything seriously side of her personality that I liked. Sarah drove me mad with her patronizing everybody and her droning lectures.

7 Stacey { 02.03.13 at 2:45 pm }

Sarah was a nice person overall but yes that condescending “I’m 30 so I know everything” schtick got real old, real fast. I agree that people adjust to their surroundings. Its shaping up to be an interesting bunch this year.

8 Carole { 02.03.13 at 5:36 pm }

Yeah, lets hope they have a hairdressing challenge, then she may have a chance. I don’t think she was putting on an act either, she really seemed rather dopey. She only won that car cause she guessed he right answer, not because she knew it.

9 Daisy { 02.03.13 at 5:42 pm }

OK Let me rephrase what I said. I don’t think Layla is smart. I suspect she may have been playing up the dumb roll though, like Goldie Hawn on Laugh In in the seventies when it was considered sexy to be dumb.
At first I thought “yawn” but now I think it will be interesting to test our theories. I don’t think she’ll last long though.
What does BDD (our own olympic predictions octopus) foresee?
I’ll put my money on it after the octopus has spoken.

10 A.P { 02.03.13 at 5:45 pm }

I think Layla will be a bit “star struck” with some of the bigger celebrities and Prue and Dawn will soon cut her down to size I reckon.
She will do okay as long as she listens and doesn’t think she knows everything like Sarah who’s 30 if you didn’t know!
Guess what, my second son is 30 today and he certainly doesn’t know everything yet! Makes me feel old though LOL!

11 BlogA { 02.03.13 at 5:59 pm }

They have really mixed it up this season with the contestants, however I suspect there may be a few dark horses in there! Excited to watch now! Is Kym Johnson the DWTS partner to Tom Williams a couple of years back?

12 Stacey { 02.03.13 at 7:43 pm }

Blog A- yeh thats the same Kym. She’s very sexy!

I think it’ll come down to Peter and maybe Dawn or Dermott. Steph has a good chance too having just been signed to Nine. The past two winners have been really likeable and have that self-deprecating knockabout attitude. Actually, now that I’m backtracking I reckon it might be Dawn that ends up the winner…

13 Daisy { 02.03.13 at 8:04 pm }

I wonder if Dawn will use her blood circulation foot thingy when she sits back in the lounge drinking champus.
That would be good for their sales.

14 Stacey { 02.03.13 at 8:58 pm }

Expect her to be throwing that brand in our faces the whole time I think. I know she will always be a sporting hero but she hasn’t really been ‘relevant’ so to speak for a while. Maybe the foot thing is the reason she got this gig?

15 A.P { 02.04.13 at 5:20 pm }

BlogA@11, Kym Johnson was also on the American version of DWTS and has won it a couple of times I believe. She’s doing well in the US and lives there now I think.

16 Daze { 02.04.13 at 6:04 pm }

A.P don’t know that Layla would know most of the ‘celebrities’ er hum, as she hasn’t been in Oz long – maybe Prinnie from The Voice as that was a recent show? – I think Layla lives in her own world but certainly isnt Jacinta material. She’ll be ok becase she is not confrontational but probably won’t make it all the way – Prue on the other hand – Spit Fire, eek!

17 Australian Realty Royalty | The New Australian { 02.25.14 at 10:46 am }

[…] Mark, thinking he is an entrepreneur rather than a bloke who’s ridden a property boom, was/is (is it still on? I don’t watch Australian TV) the face of Australia’s version of the shite TV show, “The Apprentice”, and because Dane can’t do anything for himself, he got a job carrying Dad’s bags. […]