My Kitchen Rules – The Spice Girls Are Definitely Getting Media Coverage

You just know that tomorrow night’s episode of My Kitchen Rules is going get fantastic ratings as everyone wants to know how Jessie and Biswa aka the Spice Girls from NSW are going to cook. Will this series villains get their come uppence or will they get their perfect tens?

These girls have been getting a roasting on the social media and as commenter BDD predicted they have now received death threats, but they seem to be taking all the drama they are creating in their stride.

The Sunday Telegraph reports that they are not fazed by all the drama:

“We have had death threats. Someone said, ‘If we see them we are going to stab them’,” [Biswa] Kamila, 23, says.

“It feels like the whole of Australia hates us. We are just saying everything truthfully. We’re not trying to lie or backstab or anything.

“If we say, ‘We don’t like this’, we don’t personally mean I don’t like you, we mean we just don’t like your food. How hard is it to distinguish between those two? It’s a competition, it’s never a personal attack.”

The two have also been criticised for going on the show only for the fame.

Kamila denied this.

“For us, it was all about cooking the best food.

“We didn’t even care about the money … when Manu and Pete said, ‘There’s $250,000 involved’, we were like, ‘Really? We had better get to it.’ We just wanted to cook.”

The pair have endured vicious online comments.

Khan, 25, has come under fire for disliking foods such as capsicum, eggplant, tomato and chocolate.

“We are melodramatic and we are loud-mouthed, that’s all true. But I want people to know we do love food,” Khan says. “We are so passionate about it. That is the only thing we took to heart.”

They also hit back at claims they were bad mannered.

“We are not eating with our feet,” Kamila says. “What does that mean (that) we have no table manners? It means etiquette on the table; we didn’t burp or fart at the table. Come to our house, eat our food. I’ll prove to you we are nice people and we love food.”

Their boyfriends defended the pair, saying their cooking is fantastic. “I know them so I don’t really pay attention to the criticism,” Khan’s boyfriend, Simon Ameen, said. “At the end of the day it’s a character on TV, it’s not the real them.”

Kamila’s boyfriend, Fadi El-Sharoni, also said the pair were awesome cooks.

“Their food is fantastic. (Biswa) always says things without thinking. That’s what I love about her.”

However they also told the Herald Sun earlier this week that they had difficulty making friends:

“We don’t have many friends that are girls. We’ve always had problems with that, especially from within our community,” says Khan

“This is the in crowd,” Biswa said laughing and motioning to herself and Jessie. “Everybody wants to hang out with us.”

It is refreshing that Jessie and Biswa are taking their reality TV edit with good humour. They can always comfort themselves that they will be one team that the 1.6 million viewers will remember.

My Kitchen Rules on SEVEN at 7.30pm Monday through to Thursday.

1 brain dead dave { 02.05.13 at 12:15 am }

That was nearly as good as seeing Anthony Mundine run over by the karma bus, Georgie.

Pete and Manu ~”inedible”, ” unpleasant” etc.They earned their money tonight.

“No more boring dinners!”

2 Georgie { 02.05.13 at 12:18 am }

They looked like a couple of plucked Indian mynah birds at the end of the night bdd – a spectacular crash and burn.

3 brain dead dave { 02.05.13 at 12:24 am }

I’m even prepared to accept that Lord Krishna intervened to produce the Samosas. It was a miracle.

The judges and guests were goats to eat that muck.

4 Daisy { 02.05.13 at 1:03 am }

Go ahead from WA. Don’t let me stop you. I don’t know about the others westies but I stay off RR until my viewing is over. But that’s just me. I don’t know about the others. The only thing is I love getting into the back and forth and can’t wait to catch up with all the banter.

5 Daisy { 02.05.13 at 1:17 am }

I would like to know what all the Indians and Bangladeshis think because I was surprised that those girls had so much trouble cooking what were pretty standard dishes.
I was really surprised that they didn’t grind their own spices in a mortar and pestle, or at least use fresh chillies. I would use powdered spices as a last resort. Spices need to be fried at the start to release the flavours. Throwing them in later is another last resort.
They were so cute …..like two little 5 yeard old girls playing dress ups and kitchens.
I would think it will be hard for them to have such brash comments to make around the dinner table in future but we’ll see.
Did anyone else notice that Biswa looked and spoke a bit like Abi from Survivor. Replay and look.
I expected Big Jermaine to eat it all up.
I like gulab jamun with ice-cream even though it’s wrong.
I’m hoping to see you QLD girls in the background tomorrow since it looks like the dinner is outdoors. I hope you had the heads up to the filming so that you could casually walk behind ….and be like those people who wave excitedly through the window on Sunrise.
I’ll be watching for you.

6 Daisy { 02.05.13 at 1:25 am }

Georgie@49 Thanks for thinking of us westies.

7 A.P { 02.05.13 at 1:35 am }

Was in bed but can’t sleep so thought I’d check on comments. yes, it was so good! Talk about crash and burn!
Isn’t this sort of food second nature to them, as they said, they eat rice every day but still stuffed it up.
What about practising a day or two before and why wasn’t prep time organised better?
Surely the goat meat could have been put in the oven first to cook slowly while they get on with the rest of it?
How will they cook any other sort of food, they really are so up themselves, none of it makes any sense.
Can’t wait for recap tomorrow.

8 Daisy { 02.05.13 at 1:46 am }

AP It should be second nature to them. Perhaps Mummy and Granny are usually around to help.

9 A.P { 02.05.13 at 1:55 am }

I would say so, they seemed a bit overwhelmed with it all didn’t they?
I forgot to say before that I read there won’t be another series of Updown which is a shame as it would have been good following them through the war years. I have the complete boxed set of the original series from the seventies with Lesley Ann Downe in it as a young girl who is now on B+B.playing Jackie.

10 Daisy { 02.05.13 at 2:02 am }

LAD was so pretty back then. After this series I think I will get both sets so that they can go together. I love the way they ran one show into the other using Rose. I am so disappointed they don’t do at least one more season. I was really sad the chauffeur and Beryl didn’t get away. Those boys would have been killed.
Maybe one day inthe future someone will decide to do a fourties of fifties family moving in. But the concept involves there being downstairs servants and the divide and overlap between the classes.

11 A.P { 02.05.13 at 2:09 am }

I was disappointed about that too, wish they had got away to America and also the butler whose chance of happiness disappeared because he was a concientious objector in WW1 and his lady friend couldn’t accept him, how sad! Loved Percy’s ending over the bannister!
Sorry to get off the track from MKR, better go to bed now I think . Good night.

12 Daisy { 02.05.13 at 2:15 am }

Night

13 Jess { 02.05.13 at 6:45 am }

There are lots of girls that are not friends with girls, I am one of them, I find it easier to get along with guys because I have more in common with them, but I don’t see why the comment about them having more guy friends is relevant?

14 Sunny { 02.05.13 at 9:11 pm }

As an indian i find them f*n humiliating, its crazy to think what constitutes “hot” these days with young girls like them literally bragging in a way they have boyfriends. They’re not even good looking indians, this is what a pretty everyday indian girl looks like: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2xO_DET-jMA/T6n79uXz4yI/AAAAAAAACxw/iO8UmMAkb3Q/s1600/tashu+kaushik+photo+set-a9.jpg

No, their dishes arent considered complex, its really indian street food in their case crap street food. They could’ve just friggen served samosas and onion pakora’s, a nice VEGETABLE curry (generally indians love vegetables especially tomatoes, used in most things) and gulab jamums poached in sugar syrup with pistacious, saffron and jasmine petals would’ve been nicer.Yougurt? What were they thinking……

15 ABC { 02.05.13 at 9:28 pm }

Can’t believe they served Pani Puri and Samasos?? That’s the kind of food you would get in the streets in India for barely a dollar.

If one of my Indian family members invited me to their house to serve a dinner of Pani Puri and goat rice I would be very annoyed.

16 Izobel2 { 02.05.13 at 11:03 pm }

Hey AP & Daisy, non related to this post, but my good friend informed me that new Emily Bachelorette starts on Go! this Sunday, at 5pm I believe…. Woo hoo!!!

17 A.P { 02.05.13 at 11:21 pm }

Thanks so much Izobel2, will definitely watch!
I liked Emily.

18 Bb { 02.05.13 at 11:27 pm }

Omg those girls r stuck up bitches!!

19 Anonymous { 02.06.13 at 12:31 am }

Sunny. 64 and ABC Thankyou . I wanted the Indian feedback. That’s what I thought. I haven’t looked at your link yet but I like Rani Mukajee. And I loved her in Paheeli. And I love Kal ho na ho. Have the movie and the music.
Izobel2 Thankyou so much. I would have missed it if not for you.
Must go. Am still watching the SUnshine Coast.

20 Daisy { 02.06.13 at 12:33 am }

Sorry me above. Been cleaning my computer.

21 Daisy { 02.06.13 at 2:02 am }

Can’t wait for the chat on tonight’s show. Those space girls were beyond irritating tonight. I no longer think it’s all an act. How stupid and rude were they !!!! Bluuurrrghhh!

22 Littlepetal { 02.06.13 at 5:41 am }

Don’t know where they find these 2 girls. They were so disgusting when talking to the camera. Everything is a joke. It is o.k. and funny if other fail but when they realised they are still at the bottom, they couldn’t take it. Worst team ever in team of attitude.

23 Anna { 02.06.13 at 7:27 am }

If they are watching & my guess is they aren’t , hope they realise how ugly their attitude is.

As soon as they walked into the house , they started whining about he setting how it doesn’t impress then. Hoped that one of the contestants or camera guys would have found an OFF switch, sadly they did not .

Not sure why people are wasting their energy hating them, it’s not worth it!

Tassie Pop is Boring. He finally got his good feed. Still complaining!!!!