Chrissie Swan Admits To Smoking When She Is Pregnant

Chrisse Swan has admitted this morning on her breakfast radio program that she has been smoking whilst pregnant. I have to admit I was shocked by this and mildly condemning and then I thought about it.

These days smoking whilst pregnant is considered the equivalent of mainlining arsenic, and it is not ideal for the growing fetus but how many people do you know whose parent smoked and drank through their pregnancies back in the day?

As a person reformed of many vices I must say I never inhaled whilst pregnant nor craved it, however probably made up for it in sugar intake which probably did as much harm as smoking.

The confession occurred because a pap took a photo of her in the act, obviously she was humiliated as no one knew she was having a cheeky one. She also said in her 20’s she had been a heavy smoker, how the hell did she keep it together being trapped in the Big Brother house!

It will be interesting to see how this news goes down with her mum/female fan base. Personally I don’t care, most of us have vices.

The Daily Telegraph which also has her on air confession on there says:

AUSTRALIAN TV’s “everywoman” Chrissie Swan has cried through confessing she has been caught out smoking during her third pregnancy.

The former Circle favourite and Mix FM presenter used a segment called ‘Is It Just Me’ to tell her Melbourne radio audience this morning she had “struggled terribly with totally giving up cigarettes since I found out I was pregnant.”

Swan said: “Up until about six years ago I was what you call a full-time smoker. I really gave it a nudge in my 20s, as a lot of us did.

“Then I met ‘the Chippie’ (husband Chris) who has never smoked and I cut back a lot. Jamie (co-host), you knew me then…then I got pregnant with Leo and I quit completely for a couple of years, which was fantastic.

“Now sadly, I picked it up about a year ago and I was what I would call a ‘not really smoker’. I never smoked at home and I never smoked around my family. I’d just sneak a few here and there and I know I’m not alone in this.

“Mainly I would do it in the car, in fact, I would only do it in the car when I was certain that I was alone.”

Imagine having to confess this to your husband it would have been a tough conversation.

1 brain dead dave { 02.10.13 at 1:21 pm }

Karl $tefanovic, Jowl$y, Rove McManus have won Gold Logies.

Clearly, such awards don’t mean jack anymore.

2 Gabby { 02.10.13 at 1:35 pm }

Shows how long since I last watched the show.
Had a quick check. She was nominated 2011.

3 Daisy { 02.10.13 at 2:02 pm }

BDD 51 Point very well made, and LOL. How much do I dislike Karl??????

Gabby do you think she’d dare? She might as well now, afterall it IS called Can of Worms and she DID open one.

I don’t know whay I would do if I was her now. Probably take AP’s advice.

4 Anonymous { 02.10.13 at 2:23 pm }

“Its an obscene amount of money when you think about it. Chrissie likes to make out that she is just another working mum, but if she has that amount of money to splash around then she must be on a very handsome. wage. If she is so stressed out then maybe she should stay home with the kids for a while and live off the Chippie’s wage?”

AP, 55K was the winning bid for the snaps. Chrissie and her hudband stomped up 10K to try to stop the photos and the ensuing public humiliation that followed.

You might want to unpurse your lips, or go find some other public figure to fling your disgust on.

She got sprung smoking a fag – not selling her children into a child prostitution ring.

5 Gabby { 02.10.13 at 2:45 pm }

Anonomous, in defense of AP, Chrissie bid up to $53,000 for the photos. That is what we have read in quite a few media articles. I think we are all allowed to voice our opinion, it’s just that ours does not agree with yours. Sorry about that.

6 Izobel2 { 02.10.13 at 2:59 pm }

Don’t lose sight of the big picture… Bachelorette Emily starts at 5pm today…

7 Daze { 02.10.13 at 3:32 pm }

I don’t mind Chrissie – she doesn’t try to hide her flaws which we all have – she had a thorough melt down due to the weight of her children (pictues in WWeekly) – What is being seen having a fag, nothing in my book. Don’t even know why she tried to buy the photos – it’s not a big deal. Also she admitted to peeing in the shower on Can of Worms which shows, she’s pretty up front about her life. All this BS over a cigarette –

8 Gabby { 02.10.13 at 3:50 pm }

It just got me why she had to go into this great big damage control. Get on TV before the media could say anything. The tears, the big story about addiction then trying to buy pics for $53,000. Why couldn’t she just put her hand up, whoops, I got caught. I am just like everyone else, I am not perfect. I am finding this really hard. I am sorry if I have let people down, I have let myself down, my husband down but most of all my unborn baby. End of story. Cut out all this Bullshit.

9 A.P { 02.10.13 at 3:52 pm }

I don’t dislike Chrissie as a person at all. She was great in Big Brother.
I was commenting on her behaviour ( not the smoking ), but only coming out with the story once she knew she’d been caught, and Anonymous@54, she did bid up to $53ooo, more than I’m sure most single mums would take a year or more to earn.
I don’t like to reply to people who don’t put their name to their comment either.
Izobel 2 and Daisy, thanks for the bachelor reminder.. I’m having internet connection problems caused by the floods apparently.

10 brain dead dave { 02.10.13 at 4:00 pm }

There wouldn’t be much left of $10,000 after Chrissie and her “hudband” “stomped” it. Lol. No wonder you wouldn’t put a name to that bilge.

11 Daisy { 02.10.13 at 4:05 pm }

Izobel It’s already on pre rec. Can’t wait. I’m going to have more fun this season now than ever. With RR. Emma does cover it, I hope.

12 Izobel2 { 02.10.13 at 6:50 pm }

Daisy- RR doesn’t cover it, but more than happy to chat with u about Bach during other topics on here whenever u like! Occasionally RR might mention an episode and even AP did a recap once!

13 Daisy { 02.10.13 at 6:53 pm }

Izobel2 I have already told RR you can have my email if you want it. She might have forgotten with all the excitement of going to the states.
Did you see the dancing in Rock Around the Clock today? I recorded it.