My Kitchen Rules Even Has Masterchef Alumni Watching It Live Rather Than Masterchef

My Kitchen Rules is killing it in the ratings with over 3 million again watching the Queensland Team cook. Unfortunately Masterchef: The Professionals has been collateral damage in this contest, which is a pity as it is a great series. Hopefully people are DVR it, or watching the encore screenings.

However you know a show is successful when former Masterchef Australia alumni are watching My Kitchen Rules live to air. Where is the franchise loyalty?

Season one winner Julie Goodwin was one such person tweeting while the show was airing as was last year’s contestant, popular Alice Zazlavsky.

Or maybe I should just give them the benefit of the doubt – maybe they had just changed channels in the ad breaks!

1 Heléna { 02.06.13 at 12:09 pm }

I “tongue in cheek” asked Julie on twitter when I saw her MKR tweet – and she said she was watching masterchef – maybe she is recording it too! – I’m really enjoying the professional masterChef series

2 gidgetvonlarue { 02.06.13 at 12:15 pm }

That is hystercial! I did see the Julie tweet in the feed last night and had a giggle to myself.
My structure is watch first half hour of The Block, then switch over to My Kitchen Rules – and record Masterchef and watch it later. From the ratings I’m guessing that’s what a lot of people are doing!

I think sadly, we the viewing audience know the ‘normal’ Masterchef is coming up, and watching this Professionals season is just too much Masterchef!

3 brain dead dave { 02.06.13 at 12:21 pm }

I’ve just seen Coop confessing that he’s never cooked pizza or Pavlova dough before on a promo for Ma$terchef “Professional”. There’s been too much of that already.

Jacque let all that poo tube through last night. Is he a man or a mousse?

It’s “professional” in name only.

Jowl$y~ “A blizzard of techniques”. Come off it, man.

4 Daisy { 02.06.13 at 12:24 pm }

Keep watching. We’re sure to get “I’ve never boiled water”.

5 Daisy { 02.06.13 at 12:27 pm }

Or for a good back story, “I’ve never really worked in a restaurant before”.

6 Anna { 02.06.13 at 12:31 pm }

Last night Jowl$y was pretentious …. Is he acting for the cameras?

Felt badly for Bonny… Surprised that camera crew preferred them to stuff up…..

7 Daisy { 02.06.13 at 12:38 pm }

Anna, only last night?????

8 Reality Raver { 02.06.13 at 12:40 pm }

Anna – It was worth watching the episode just to see what Matt Preston was wearing.

Helena and Gidget Von La Rue – I cracked up as well.

BDD – Wow never cooked pizza and he has kids.

9 LB { 02.06.13 at 12:41 pm }

My viewing habits are the same as Gidget’s, except that I watch MCP the next day on Encore.
Am absolutely loving both MKR & MCP, but prefer to watch MKR live (or as live as we get it in Qld) for the drama.
MPW is fabulous – an elegant foil to King Cravat.

10 brain dead dave { 02.06.13 at 12:42 pm }

Marco’s in on the joke because he’s in the promo asking the contestants if they want to see what made Gordon Ramsay cry.

Just a couple of weeks ago MPW was on The Project assuring viewers and interviewers that Gordon “made himself cry”.

Keep it real. Keep it real . Keep it real. Keep it real, Marco.

If Ma$terchef “Professionals”was airing tonight, the cricket would possibly hammer it again ratings wise as last week.

Another reinvention challenge Sun.Yawn.

11 Joseph Skyrim { 02.06.13 at 12:45 pm }

@Anna (6) – The camera crew must be instructed to be like the wild-life crews, capture everything but do not interfere. Even if the cute helpless rabbit is about to be pounced on by a fat flying alligator.

12 Dunbi { 02.06.13 at 1:36 pm }

I wonder if they really know how many people are watching MCP. I know they can tell if you have recorded it or watch it on the computer, but I watch the repeat every day at 11am but they have no way of knowing that?

13 Laura { 02.06.13 at 1:46 pm }

Honestly I much prefer Masterchef Pro but the Masterchef website is so much better quality for streaming so I watch My Kitchen Rules on TV and Masterchef later online. Poor Masterchef.

14 Anna { 02.06.13 at 2:30 pm }

RR, his wardrobe is colorful to say the least

Daisy, so sorry! What was I thinking ? :-)

Joseph, thank you for the comment! Made me laugh ..

15 A.P { 02.06.13 at 2:49 pm }

Its getting harder and harder to suffer through this show, don’t think I can bother with it anymore.

16 Gabby { 02.06.13 at 3:18 pm }

I’m with you AP, I seem to be fast forwarding through more and more each episode.

17 Daze { 02.06.13 at 3:40 pm }

Me three, A.P and Gabby; taping then ffwd to see who gets eliminated, oh, also paused to see Matt’s Hot Pink shirt combo and shock horror, ‘pooh chute’, lol

18 A.P { 02.06.13 at 4:01 pm }

Gabby and Daze, glad you agree, I think I’ll wait for the old Masterchef with amateurs as it used to be and concentrate on MKR for the time being. I can watch Selling Houses as well on Foxtel and only have to tape MKR on Wednesdays. Its too much of a cooking overload.

19 Gabby { 02.06.13 at 5:03 pm }

Yes I am looking forward to Selling Houses. I am glad A.P. and Daze that you feel the same, I thought it was probably only me. Cheers girls.

20 Carole { 02.06.13 at 7:07 pm }

I saw that interview too BDD, where he said Gordon Ramsay made himself cry. I’ve never watched My Kitchen Rules as there are too many shows on or coming up soon and it would tie me down too much. MasterChef is enough for me at the moment.

Not sure how they get their ratings figures from. I’ve heard a cross section of people have some sort of box attached to their TV so don’t know how accurate it really could be. I wished I had one of those because so many shows I like end up getting axed.