My Kitchen Rules – The Spice Girls Are Not The Only Ones To Score Strategically

Well one way for the Spice Girls to be safe would have been if Jake and Elle’s kitchen burnt down, as their strategy of giving them one out of ten for their meal did not work. Unfortunately for the them the kitchen survived the inferno that occurred after Jake put oil in a pan that was way too hot.

However Jessie and Biswa were not the only ones who appeared to be scoring strategically. The other teams only gave them five out of ten for food which looked far superior and complex than what Josh and Andi from Western Australia dished up. However the hipsters are above them on the board.

For first course they made Rabbit, Pancetta and Thyme Ravioli with a truffle cream sauce. They made their own pasta but Jake was a bit light on with the truffles. It was amusing that Pete and Manu thought the pasta was cooked perfectly and the other except for the Italian Stefano thought it was under done. The judges congratulated themselves on their Italian palates!

The spice girls hated it but then they were not alone in their criticisms of the dish.

The main was a t-bone steak with potatoes, and spinach. Manu Feildel said he was surprised and thought Jake would  serve up something a “bit more refined”, implying the steak cut was a bit too hetero perhaps? Jake who quite formally at the beginning of the meal asked how the guest would like the steaks done said he would be cooking them medium rare. So you thought he knew what he was doing, but suspect he had seen too many cooking show as he tried to judge it by touch. Sure people can do that but only after they have cooked 100’s of steaks in their lifetime, something Jake had not.

Biswa said she had never tasted a t-bone steak before, I did not think that was surprising as there would be a lot of people brought up in non-anglo households that would not have either. Had Stefano ever had one before?

Mick was whinging it was a bit of a pub meal as were Andi and Josh, but seriously Morrocan Chicken is a bit of a week night meal in most households.

Manu was happy with the amount of sauce on the plate but then he was a bit “meh” about it. Funny as Jake had been making his sister congratulate him earlier on his sauce making skills.

Lisa who is yet to crack a frigging smile said it was a bit meat and three veg pub style. Of course Biswa thought it was gross.

For dessert it was Orange and Basil Syrup Cake with Basil Ice cream. Props for the bold flavours and it was universally liked. Pete said it was beautiful, though the toffee shard was too thick, and Manu loved it also.

Jessie looked defeated when she heard what the judges had to say about it and looked like she was about to burst into tears knowing they would remain on the bottom of the leader board. But she was being churlish as even Biswa said she thought the cake was good, but “not great”.

Also the teams only gave them five with the girls only giving them a one. Mick from Tassie had said he did not think it was outstanding, funny how his son told him over and over how much he had loved it. Hmm I think strategy scoring is occurring there also. Maybe he is not the nice bloke he appears to be.

The judges scored them much higher which again confirmed the teams were not voting for the food.

Pete gave an eight for entree, a five for the main main and  dessert was nine.

Manu gave them an eight for entree, main a five, and dessert a nine.

They ended up getting 65 which put them second last on the table but does make them safe. Lisa thanked them for a lovely night on the way out but clearly she only thought it was borderline barely giving them a pass mark. It will be interesting to see her and Stefano cook tonight, maybe we may see some signs of a personality.

My Kitchen Rules – Monday to Thursday at 7.30pm on SEVEN

1 Georgie { 02.06.13 at 9:44 pm }

I don’t believe giving Josh and Elle a score of 1 was strategic, I think it was downright malicious.

2 Anna { 02.06.13 at 9:49 pm }

First annoying team is out, good riddance!!! Kept on thinking that their eye lashes will fall off LOL

Their attitude over the last two nights has been downright ugly… their families must be ashamed…

3 Littlepetal { 02.06.13 at 9:53 pm }

Now they claimed MKR made them look bitchy. Will post link to the story later.

4 Georgie { 02.06.13 at 10:06 pm }

Yeah right – I wonder where the producers got the footage from then?

I think those producers scored big time, when they found a couple of airheads who were easily enticed into ‘acting like a couple of airheads’.

Looking forward to this Littlepetal thanks.

5 A.P { 02.06.13 at 10:53 pm }

Muststopwatching@47, yes, I thought the same thing but wasn’t sure if she was holding a cigarette or a tootbrush or something.
Mrs Robinson is a good name for her!
Good riddance Spice Girls, no more whispering, speaking in a different language so we don’t know what you’re saying, and all the catty remarks.
The next group look more talented.

6 brain dead dave { 02.06.13 at 10:56 pm }

Yes mustopwatching @47, that was Lisa with a cigarette attempting to rouse Romeo in the bedroom. She’s a smoking cougar.

$tuffano was a major letdown in the kitchen but he kept producing gold that was quite amusing.

“I can cook thees dish weeth my eyes closed”

“I have made Polenta many,many times”

” I have made flat bread as many as there are stars in thee sky”

“Lisa, darling …don’t snap at me”

Favourite part was when Manu came in to the kitchen and asked :

“Lisa…a pea with your deesh?”

(Translated- Lisa…happy with your dish?)

7 brain dead dave { 02.06.13 at 11:12 pm }

It took just one episode to turn $tuffano from the Italian Stallion into the Italian Gelding.

8 A.P { 02.06.13 at 11:16 pm }

Love it, Italian Gelding – good one!

9 Bolders { 02.06.13 at 11:19 pm }

I missed the show tonight – so BDD, Oedipus didn’t present any golden maternal globes ?

10 Littlepetal { 02.06.13 at 11:26 pm }

A few 10s in the 2nd group. Maybe we will see some delicious food from this group.

11 brain dead dave { 02.06.13 at 11:27 pm }

No, Bolders but trust me, his Polenta looked like baby vomit.

He did attempt to produce some duck breast but took a savaging from the judges for over cooking it.

12 Bolders { 02.06.13 at 11:32 pm }

Wow this first round group are hopeless – now I get why Shine thrust the sPace cadets on the unsuspecting public.

13 Anna { 02.06.13 at 11:33 pm }

Dave, he did say that he always adds cheese to polenta… might have helped with the taste

Looked it up and it’s organic and stone ground, guess it’s good, not tried it and no intention of buying it….

Mrs Robinson woke him with a ciggy, but looks like he flashed her when he was stretching and his robe was open…

Camera crew should not go to people’s bedrooms LOL

14 Littlepetal { 02.06.13 at 11:33 pm }

BDD – Agree with the polenta. Normally you would serve them in squares or baton shape or plated in a cylindrical shape

15 brain dead dave { 02.06.13 at 11:51 pm }

I recall salt going into the polenta , Anna but not cheese.Could have missed it, however.

That makes more sense than the “free range” polenta Stuffano presented, Littlepetal.

16 Anna { 02.06.13 at 11:59 pm }

Dave, he said he always adds it, but not on the night since he didn’t want the dish to overpower to duck…. dumb move.

I’ve seen polenta dumped on the plate with meat around it or just in a separate dish, then again it had sage and oil…

Why the hell aren’t contestants tasting their gruel?

17 Daisy { 02.07.13 at 12:33 am }

Muststop. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I to replay to see if she wasn’t holding her toothbrush. OMG had she even had breakfast?
Wonder if he smokes too.
Next scene Cougar in Romeo having their ‘afters ciggie’.

18 Daisy { 02.07.13 at 12:36 am }

When those girls said that dip looked like poo, I thought, “You do green poo”.

19 Daisy { 02.07.13 at 12:41 am }

Bolders @ 62 I think she keeps his golden globes in her purse.

Thought Morticia looked beautiful. Loved the colour of her dress.

20 Daisy { 02.07.13 at 12:45 am }

Anna@63 Probably a regular morning inspection.

I hope he remembered to salute.

21 Anna { 02.07.13 at 8:19 am }

Funny how the Space Twits thought that another dish looked like poo, but their dessert was ahmazzzing…

They hated every main served BUT their goat was perfect even though no one really liked it

Lisa needs to learn to plate up! Mum used to pipe cake decorations in the 80’s

Cannot believe that he puts up with being bossed around, when he knows & understands it. What’s in it for him??? She’s older, controlling & probably has a short fuse. What ever rocks his boat.

Daisy, thank you for your comments . Made my morning :-)

22 Bolders { 02.07.13 at 9:51 am }

Snort Daisy @ 69. …in her purse next to her sense of humour.

23 muststopwatching { 02.07.13 at 12:28 pm }

Daisy at 69
Can you imagine the bedroom feedback:
No, No, Stefano, you’re doing it ALL WRONG!
Ughhhh!

24 Daisy { 02.07.13 at 12:35 pm }

Muststop. Don’t stop. LOL.
Loved the way he had to present for inspection in the morning. Like a kid showing Mum that he’d brushed his teeth.

25 muststopwatching { 02.07.13 at 12:58 pm }

Ha ha, Daisy.
I must say I feel a lot better about myself and my own personal situation after watching that parade of try-hards, losers and fantasists.

Mind you the next batch look like high-achievers, especially the personal trainers! Hence, must stop watching!

26 Anna { 02.07.13 at 2:05 pm }

There is a chance that batch 1 was just selected for the ratings, since both MKR and MCP started at the same time. Now everyone is hooked

I’m sure a lot of people who were rejected are thinking ‘I would have done better!”

27 Brianna Shepherd { 04.23.13 at 5:13 pm }

Surprised Jehovah’s Witness’s Jake & Elle are mixing it up in a cooking show.