My Kitchen Rules – Jessie And Biswa Revealed They Were Sliced And Diced

Jessie and Biswa were given one of the worse edits on Australian reality TV which resulted in them being vilified in the social media and have even received death threats.

Does the production companies need to take some responsibility for whipping up people on social media because of the way they edit the show?

Reality TV is like vaudeville and the audience is now in cyber space booing, hissing and cheering from the sidelines. Like vaudeville there are the heroes and the villains.

However unlike vaudeville which is fiction this is meant to be reality TV so therefore “real”. The savvy viewer realises there is some artificial manipulation maybe occurring but a lot of people don’t and let’s face it is just so easy to get emotionally involved in a reality TV show. That is what makes them so entertaining –  loving some contestants and being irritated by others.

Jessie and Biswa were collateral damage on My Kitchen Rules and found out they could be edited to make them appear worse then they actually were. In other words they were spliced and diced. What this means that shots are used out of context or not in the running order. For example at the auditions of The Voice, the judges wore the same outfit a couple of days in a row so the editors could show auditions in a different order, no harm done there, but in Jessie and Biswa’s case their reaction shots were not the ones they gave at that point in time.

Jessie Khan points out in The Daily Telegraph the out of context editing:

Admitting they had been guilty of “saying too much” to producers, [Jessie] Khan said her comments in particular had been sliced and diced during the Jake and Elle episode, making her seem like she was smiling at the their failings and upset when they succeeded in the eyes of the judges.

“That (editing) really upset me in the end because I knew that wasn’t me. They filmed me smiling when actually I was reacting to them being praised by the judges and that wasn’t what it seemed like on (air).”

While accepting the risks involved in signing up for reality TV, Khan said she felt manipulated at times by the process.

“It’s part of the show (to be villain). You film for 12 hours and in the end you say anything. They (producers) were always really nice and ask you about things. You might not want to say them (on camera) but they’d say ‘it’s okay, say that.’ Then they’d use it in a way that it wasn’t meant to be.”

The also admitted they were upset by how they were portrayed on the show:

While Khan and her best friend Biswa had happily gone along with the producers’ plan to play the bad girls, the reality of reality television editing left the two women in tears over their portrayal and the hateful public response which followed them.

Khan said she took death threats from the angriest fans seriously, but could not understood the level of venom directed of them over “just being ourselves.”

Even they have received this editing they have not been put off the small screen saying they would go on a lifestyle program or be contestants on The Amazing Race Australia. Hopefully they would go on Amazing Race as they would definitely bring in the viewers.

My Kitchen Rules on Monday to Thursday on SEVEN at 7.30pm.

1 Daisy { 02.07.13 at 11:47 pm }

Thanks guys, yeah I googled that. Son2 said maybe she was a lecturer when he was at uni but that doesn’t explain how I know her. So far the shop is the best explanation. I don’t think it’s through teaching. Whe I get it my brain will go SNAP!
A lot of people live in Bussy and work n Bunno. Anyway Bussy doesn’t have a uni.

Hey, if that meal had have been cooked for the other group they would have got some 1s and 3s. Do the competitors scores degenerate as the week progresses?

2 Marie { 02.08.13 at 12:29 am }

I definitely believe that they may have been edited to appear more overtly malicious than they actually were but nothing changes the fact that they were unreasonably fussy eaters and scored the final two teams ones in a desperate, conniving bid to save their own place in a reality t.v. contest.

3 S. Bee { 02.08.13 at 12:53 am }

Rosie I agree. Also it peeves me that the girls have come out from that show to find the world hates them, and then retract, backtrack and lie to salvage what dignity they can out of this. For example they recently said in an interview that it was only two things they didn’t like (tomatoes and capsicum) however on the show they didn’t like cinnamon, ravioli, capsicum, tomatoes, chocolate and the list was un-ending. They were not shown making ONE positive comment on anyone’s good. Call it creative editing.. really? no, really? Someone sliced out all the wonderful things these girls said? It is more likely that they were idiots. pure and simple, giving the producers a wealth of cringe-worthy, rating-pumping insults/inappropriate giggles and conversations (bitchy comments and score conspiring in some other language anyone?)

Also they are liars. They claim now that it was all for a little fun. Really? So why the tears and rantings and competitive scoring during the show? Laughing at the misfortunes of others and then when it was their turn to FAIL (spectacularly I might add) their excuse was “this never happens to us.. we just had a really bad day”. Yep. And so could any other contestant but instead of compassion or sportsmanship all those girls could say was “good, I’m glad they failed” and “that looks like poo” and “I dont like….”. Anyone also catch all the excuses for just not eating at all? “Its not that we don’t like the food, we just cant eat a lot”. Okay we get it, you think you are tiny little frail girls with little stomachs. Well new rule: if you don’t eat it, then you shouldn’t criticize it.
I’m glad they’re gone and feel sorry for anyone who has to sit next to them during a meal (eating with too much in their mouths, coughing, sputtering and loudly echoing each other would make a diner want to … well twitter said it all).

4 Joseph Skyrim { 02.08.13 at 8:33 am }

Hmm given that they are lousy cooks (based on what I read anyway), I wonder if it’s possible they are just like that because of the food they consume. You are what you eat after all. In their case, shit.

5 brain dead dave { 02.08.13 at 8:39 am }

They eat shit and they talk shit and now are wondering…. why they’re treated like shit.

It ain’t racism , girls, it’s because you’re full of shit.

6 Georgie { 02.08.13 at 9:02 am }

Muststop… #99 – you could be right and she looks a bit like Patsy Ramsey, the mother of the most famous child beauty pageant competitor, JonBenet.

7 Gabby { 02.08.13 at 9:49 am }

I hope we get some better cooks in this second lot but going by the Melbourne boys it ain’t looking too good.
To think that the Tassie boys were the best on offer, it doesn’t say much does it? Surely there must be someone in this lot who can beat their score.

8 Kate { 02.08.13 at 12:44 pm }

They gave one team a total score of 1. That’s not editing.

9 Megs { 02.08.13 at 11:01 pm }

when you sign on to these shows for your 5 mins of fame & are derogatory in your comments repeatedly there should be no surprise when it bites you on the ass. Cant make someone look evil when they only give ammunition rarely! Silly silly girls to be crying foul – it is the media in the 20th century for chrissakes…

10 Chris { 02.09.13 at 12:58 am }

I can’t believe someone out there has written this article to try and justify the behavior of two arrogant, rude, dishonest, sly bitches.

They tried to sabotage the game by scoring a zero for the orange and basil cake that the judges rated as a nine, so don’t give us the lame defense. No amount of editing would have made those bitches look any better or worse, they clearly have horrible personality’s and lack decency, humility, honesty and respect.

11 Gabby { 02.09.13 at 10:29 am }

Well said Chris @ 109!

12 Shaun { 02.09.13 at 4:29 pm }

Totally agree with Chris. Rude little bitches like this lack the intelligence and self-awareness to understand what they are saying isn’t appropriate. For example; laughing after you say something cruel does not make it any less cruel, it makes you look like a bitchy moron. Hopefully the show gives them a much needed wake-up call because these two really need to grow up.

13 Daisy { 02.09.13 at 5:24 pm }

As long as their ‘punishment’ fits their crime and the bloodhounds and the lynchmen don’t get caught up in the frenzy.
Any room for a little grace?

BTW I’m already predicting the majority will say “no”.

14 brain dead dave { 02.09.13 at 5:59 pm }

I tend to agree ,Daisy , since they’ve only managed to insult a few garden variety reality tv contestants who couldn’t really cook anyway.

Jesssie and Biswa weren’t there to make friends.

Jessie and Biswa are not the Antichrist and unfortunately many members of the lynch mobs can’t turn the tv off or control themselves on Twitter and Facebook.

15 Daisy { 02.09.13 at 6:01 pm }

BDD You can sit on my jury any day.

16 Daisy { 02.09.13 at 6:02 pm }

BDD ^_^ You can sit on my jury any day.

17 Daisy { 02.09.13 at 6:05 pm }

Sorry about the repeat. Hope I get a fair trial.

18 brain dead dave { 02.09.13 at 6:08 pm }

Sadly, because of some minor “misunderstandings” with the legal system, I’m not eligible for jury duties and must decline.

You’ll be treated as a repeat offender.

19 Daisy { 02.09.13 at 6:17 pm }

Double LOLOL

20 Daisy { 02.09.13 at 6:20 pm }

BDD You have such a deliciously wicked sense of humour that if I was ever in Adelaide I’d catch up with you for some minor infringements.

21 Anna { 02.09.13 at 7:14 pm }

Channel 7 couldn’t help themselves and ran repeats of round 1 of MKR Dinners.

This time I noticed the looks between Manu & Pete when the two morons were bitching about not liking food.

Chocked on my coffee when Biswa said ‘ They (Jake & Elle) talk about champagne and caviar BUT are feeding us pub food.

Does this idiot really think she will like intense flavor of the caviar?

The morons keep on talking, the more they talk the more they are digging themselves in…..

22 Anna { 02.09.13 at 7:23 pm }

RR left you a message on twitter…. You might have seen the typical slip of the fingers before I did

23 JJ { 02.26.13 at 7:31 pm }

They are just being Indians. That’s all.

24 Tania { 02.26.13 at 7:41 pm }

Those death threats seem to be justified. Its either that or they go back to the dump where they originally crawled out of. Yes, not so high and mighty now.

25 Daisy { 02.26.13 at 7:45 pm }

I’ve seen the kids living in the rubbish dumps in India. It’s not something I would joke about.

This is the first time a comment has made me angry.

Some people have no idea and talk out of their arse. If you saw the children and families living in rubbish dumps anywhere you wouldn’t wish it on anyone, EVER.

26 Daisy { 02.28.13 at 11:31 am }

Put your joint mind at rest, Sue and Bev. All of the Indians I know are doctors, accountants and engineers whose grasp of the English language is excellent (no strine). They have also been friendly and very hospitable. So most Australians would have no complaints.
I met poor and rich Indians in India and all were polite and well spoken. Many have beautiful diction.

27 Daisy { 02.28.13 at 11:35 am }

Does anyone know; in the latest data/review on educational standards across the countries how India fared? I suspect quite well. I thought it was Australia that was struggling with its own language skills.
On the other hand all I can say in Hindi is Namaste.

28 Mkr fan { 09.21.13 at 1:59 am }

Jessie and biswa were such bitches with attitudes, theyve got the biggest mouths with their stupid indian faces. They are the biggest haters ever!! The funny thing is that they only eat indian food and they couldnt cook!! Hahahhaa “”we will get the 10″” NO BITCH u got a 1 haha. The funniest thing of it al is that after they lose, they still keep hating on every dish and they gave jake and ella a 1 for a kinda good dish. I hope that they read this cause jessie and biswa are such horroble persons. I hope those ugly ratchet fuckfaced india whores DIE.

29 Mkr fan { 09.21.13 at 2:00 am }

Jessie and biswa were such b*tches with attitudes, theyve got the biggest mouths with their stupid indian faces. They are the biggest haters ever!! The funny thing is that they only eat indian food and they couldnt cook!! Hahahhaa “”we will get the 10″” NO u got a 1 haha. Whats also funny is that after they lose, they still keep hating on every dish and they gave jake and ella a 1 for a kinda good dish. I hope that they read this cause jessie and biswa are such horroble persons. I hope those ugly ratchet fuckfaced india whores DIE.

30 Janice Jammeh { 01.24.14 at 7:47 am }

I think you two are both above your selves and need to be bought down a peg or too you bragged all the way through the I stand restaurants and failed miserably your turn then you had the audacity to knock everyone down for there efforts you deserved to be knocked out of the competition baring in mind I don’t know the out come I am watching it in my home country now Gambia 22/01/14 but I really think you are horrible

31 Techhater { 01.24.14 at 8:45 am }

Hi Janice Just wanted to let you know that you’re watching last season of MKR And the new season starts here on Monday. So if you don’t want spoilers be careful what you read.

32 mittens { 01.24.14 at 12:09 pm }

I didn’t mind poor old J&B. I thought they were a hoot just being silly for the cameras.

For some reason I was unable to be as forgiving, or see a funny side to Ashlee and Sofia.

JJ if you are watching for the cooking, put your recipe notebook away now.

33 Littlepetal { 01.24.14 at 12:46 pm }

Agree with you, mittens. I think JJ are just being silly and gave us a love. Not so with Sophia and Ashlee.

34 mittens { 01.24.14 at 12:52 pm }

My Hotmail is down this morning. Anyone else not accessing?

35 mittens { 01.24.14 at 12:55 pm }

BTW Littlepetal, we have so many tomatoes, hubby wants to try making tomato sauce. I think he will need to buy special bottles and rubber bands.
What can you, or anyone else tell us?

36 Sandii { 01.24.14 at 1:56 pm }

Mittens, my parents make their own pasta sauce. They gently fry some garlic in small amount oil, when soft and fragrant they add peeled, chopped fresh tomatoes and a couple handfuls parsley. Cook it until it is all reduced, thick and not too watery. They put them in clean sterile recycled jars (mayonnaise jars, pickles whateverand then they put the jars it a pan of water which covers jars and boil for a while. These stay preserved for years. We call it continental sauce. Excellent for pasta

37 Sandii { 01.24.14 at 2:13 pm }

Forgot to say , to season well.

38 Luxury Equine Farms For Sale Lakes Of The Four Seasons IN { 03.01.14 at 9:40 am }

I’ve been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in
this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this website.
Reading this info So i am satisfied to exhibit that I’ve a very excellent uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed.
I most surely will make sure to do not forget this website and
provides it a glance regularly.

39 Jaguars jerseys cheap { 06.15.14 at 4:42 am }