My Kitchen Rules – Three Gatecrashers Enter The Fray This Week

Well sneaky Channel Seven whipping viewers about the Asian gatecrashers that two other intruders have slipped under the radar.

However an eagle eyed commenter Bobbykins had guessed there were two and thanks to Little Petal for linking the article that finally reveals some of the twist.  The Western Australian team pictured above look like hippies.

The SMH story states that there are three teams of gates crashes from NSW, Victoria and Western Australia.

The article states:

A la Big Brother, the series will reveal three “intruder” style couples on Monday, February 18.

They include “real housewives” Angela and Melina from Victoria, “BFFs” Ashlee and Sophia from New South Wales and “food nerds” Kieran and Nastassia from Western Australia.

While MKR judge Manu Fieldel said participants were “scared and shocked” when the gatecrashers were introduced, WA’s food nerds admitted the “villains” and “manipulators” they met soon changed tack.

Nastassia Jorre De St Jorre, a property manager, and Kieran Reidy, JB Hi-Fi salesperson, said each couple entered the competition with a different approach.

“There are only a couple of people who try to manipulate the situation and that seemed to be after they’d failed in the kitchen,” Jorre De St Jorre said.

“There was an element of keeping us at arm’s length but then it just fell into place,” Reidy added.

“There was definite sizing up, we were sizing people up as well, but we soon found it easy to get along with everyone.”

The pair met 11 years ago; Jorre De St Jorre’s husband is Reidy’s best friend and both admit that when they get in the kitchen, she wears the pants.

“I was ’round her house and she needed a hand in the kitchen and I said ‘I can help’ and she was taken aback that I could cook,” Reidy said.

“She’s a good person to have in a crisis because she knows how to take over and take charge.”

Fieldel said the gatecrashers were “going to try their best to get someone else kicked out” and while WA’s gatecrashers connected most with Victoria’s Angela and Melina, the opposite was initially true of their NSW counterparts.

“Initially Ashlee and Sophia were a little bit difficult to take, but the more we were with them the more we realised they weren’t all about that,” Jorre De St Jorre said.

“They come across as villains, and kudos to them they seem happy to be that persona but we spent some time way from everything else and they were fun.”

“I think it was their game plan because they weren’t there to make friends,” Reidy added.

It will be interesting to see how they enter the game, and who they have to cook against to get in the competition.

If you want to know what they think of the Busselton beauty queens you should read the article.

Photo from SMH

1 Bobbykins { 02.17.13 at 10:05 am }

Ahh my apologies,
I meant Dan & Steph and Jo & Jenna in that last post.
Here’s a screenshot: http://tinypic.com/r/1ghwsx/6
Next to Dan & Steph are a blonde and a brunette, so my suspicions that’s them. 😛

2 Littlepetal { 02.17.13 at 10:42 am }

The gate crashers did comment on the nastiness of mum and daughter. So they must have eaten with them in the IR. Also Miss Cupcake website has been reactivated.sign of them being kick out on Mon?

3 Littlepetal { 02.17.13 at 10:56 am }

Here is another release about the GC

This is what they said about J and B:
“They had no filter, they didn’t have the social awareness to speak in an intelligent manner,” Pou says. “What we say is strong and opinionated but it’s logical. It makes sense.”

Now C7 has put the Chinese/Vietnamese against the Indians in the boxing ring.

I am waiting to see how they handle the critisism. J and B said the same thing before but now blame the editing for their negative feedback

4 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 11:03 am }

Golo, if the ONLY villains on this seasons MKR are the Chinese girls and B&J, your theory will have some clout.
Somehow I think that there will be a few more.
I agree that MKR look like they might be going to open themselves up to criticisms of racism if they villify mainly/only racial groups.

Playing, or being the villain isn’t the only way to look bad on RTV. You can be a terrible cook, an airhead, a guy who loves his mum. Let’s not forget those who just might look a bit pathetic.

I think we’re pretty fair on RR. Most of them cop a ragging.

5 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 11:06 am }

My theory so far is that the ones being villified probably just had the bigger more outgoing personalities.
Otherwise Alice and Co would have been targetted more. They have certainly made a few snide remarks.

6 Littlepetal { 02.17.13 at 11:13 am }

I think Golo forgot about last season MKR. They try to make PrincessJen the villain but those that got the coping were Thomas and Dr Evil. Golo must have forgotten that they are white. We are colour blind here. We just say what we saw.

7 Georgie { 02.17.13 at 11:23 am }

#3 – on that premise, Golo would qualify as a tosser.

8 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 11:28 am }

Bachette viewers : I thinks it’s on earlier today.

9 brain dead dave { 02.17.13 at 11:58 am }

Fact is Golo is blatantly a troll who hates gay and more recently white people.

10 Muststopwatching { 02.17.13 at 1:28 pm }
11 Calm The Farm { 02.17.13 at 3:20 pm }

Muststop, you’re right, Jenna is hot!
I get very ‘inspirated’ every time I see her. Would love to decorate her little cup cake….

12 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 3:33 pm }

Are you guys pulling our legs? The girl on the youtube clip is beautiful though.
There is a little test you can do. Get a photo of her, remove the long blond hair and see what she looks like as a short haired brunette. If she’s still pretty then, then she’s pretty.

13 Calm The Farm { 02.17.13 at 3:42 pm }

Daisy, I have done other ‘little tests’ over the last few days and every time the outcome was: Jenna is very hot!!

14 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 3:57 pm }

Hahahahaha. One can only imagine….but won’t. Oh well, to each their own.

15 Dr T { 02.17.13 at 3:58 pm }

Sorry… I think I’m out on MKR.

I’m happy to watch a show with personalities in it, but some of them have to be able to cook (ala Hell’s Kitchen – the crap gets weeded out as the show goes on – I know Gordon is not to everyone’s liking).

Imagine if Australian Idol enrolled competitors who we had to watch bitch every week, but none could sing (some may argue they did that already)… or the people on the Block had no renovation skills, or the Biggest Loser contestants were already thin…

I think “The List” on ABC RN (formerly Common Knowledge – it’s basically a 30 minute show on current pop culture trends) got it right – MKR has basically become about the aspirations of the every day Aussie bogan

16 brain dead dave { 02.17.13 at 4:10 pm }

I tend to agree, Dr T.

Ch 7 had a goose that lays golden eggs in MKR but alas it’s been overcooked and transformed into a mindless culinary Punch and Judy show.

I’m enjoying Ma$terchef “Professionals” much more and find it only relatively slightly soiled with the pomposity of Jowl$y and the overblown incidental music,which can be easily attenuated with using captions.

17 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 4:20 pm }

Are you listening MKR producers?

18 Calm The Farm { 02.17.13 at 4:31 pm }

Daisy, why would the MKR producers listen to a few bloggers on here?
An average rating of 1,900,000 viewers this week is all the information they need….

19 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 4:36 pm }

Calmthefarm. Damn! Well Pete claims he reads RR. I just thought……
I must be as sweet and naive as little Alice.

20 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 4:38 pm }

Cool name by the way CTF.

21 brain dead dave { 02.17.13 at 4:38 pm }

I wouldn’t listen to trolls that jack off over Jenna , that’s for sure.

22 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 4:42 pm }

Sweeeeeet frothy Jenna.

23 Calm The Farm { 02.17.13 at 4:45 pm }

BDD, that’s a surprising comment from someone who jacks off over Black Caviar after another irrelevant horse race.

24 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 4:53 pm }

Calm the Farm!!!!!! I AM surprised. I thought you might be an animal lover.

25 brain dead dave { 02.17.13 at 5:13 pm }

BC has courage in abundance , Golo. You don’t.

26 Calm The Farm { 02.17.13 at 5:19 pm }

Daisy, i quite like animals.
But don’t confuse that with BDD’s obsession. If he would ever get the opportunity to spend a few minutes with Black Caviar in the paddock he would take bestiality to a whole new level.

27 brain dead dave { 02.17.13 at 5:54 pm }

I don’t doubt that horse would be a better root than you, Golo. Better name, too,troll.

28 Dr T { 02.17.13 at 6:18 pm }

Thanks BDD @ 66

It’s abit like that roulade from one of the recent shows – somehow they’ve got it rare, well done and medium all in the same dish

29 Calm The Farm { 02.17.13 at 6:21 pm }

BDD, with your preferences and limited abilities that horse was always going to be the better option for you.
What’s wrong with the name? Daisy liked it….

30 brain dead dave { 02.17.13 at 6:41 pm }

No worries, Dr T.

31 A.P { 02.17.13 at 6:54 pm }

Daisy@58, let me know if you get The Bachelorette in WA later.
Seems like Channel 9 in their wisdom have replaced it with The Block!
I wish they would leave advertised shows alone and stop trying to force feed us The Block, it won’t work, so annoying!

32 A.P { 02.17.13 at 7:03 pm }

And I was feeling all warm and fuzzy towards 9 too for bringing us Survivor at a decent time………..

33 Muststopwatching { 02.17.13 at 7:52 pm }

Ahhhhh, Kevin McCloud has jumped the shark and is pretending he is a skint grasping hippy rather than a multimillionaire.

34 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 10:31 pm }

CTF@79 That’s because Daisy is just gullible and naive.

BDD@77 Sounds like you have sown some wild oats then.

35 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 10:32 pm }

AP I just got home. I will check the recording and get back to you.

Just checked. I posted a comment on RR this morning about it. They changed the times to about 1.30-2.00. I’m sorry you didn’t see it. I’ll do better next time.

36 A.P { 02.18.13 at 8:17 am }

That’s not good that the times are just changed and we are supposed to know about it, thanks for nothing chann 9!

37 Izobel2 { 02.18.13 at 5:06 pm }

Hi Daisy & AP – yeah Adelaide showed Bachelorette on Sunday at 2pm. Lucky I flicked over at 2.15 so I only missed the beginning! I’ll have to check a few days earlier every week so I don’t miss it.
Looks like Em has a few Desperado’s this year.. and some egos… and an Allesandro and Alejandro :-)

38 A.P { 02.18.13 at 6:24 pm }

Well, next week I will check for sure!
Channel 9 must think I’m a mind reader, thanks to them I missed the whole thing because I didn’t turn on the tv til 4’30.

39 Stewart { 02.19.13 at 10:08 pm }

Sorry but is Keiran transgender or what?

40 Dokdok { 03.31.14 at 10:22 pm }

Yaaaay, for you! I think one of the best things about bggnoilg is the inspiration that we get from one another. Someone asked me once if I felt that bggnoilg was a competition. My response was that for me, it was the opposite. It is about learning from one another and being inspired by others to cook and bake something with my personal touch. I’m glad I’ve encouraged you to do something a little bit out of your norm. I love when I get a photo approved, but sometimes they reject something that I think is perfectly good. I know it is subjective, based on so many factors, but I feel that I am putting myself out there and being rejected based on lighting or composition sucks! Do they not know I spent twenty minutes on that photo and that my husband was starving and his food got cold?