My Kitchen Rules – At Least Sophia and Ashlee Are Forthright In Their Views, Unlike Lisa.

Melina in the middle of the fracas with Sophia and Ashlee, asked them if they were playing a game and to please tell them, but Melina was asking the wrong person. They should have been asking Lisa this question.  Lisa and Stefano are being as sweet as pie to everyones faces but when it comes to the scoring they are being cunning.

Tonight Stefano suggested to Lisa that they give Allie and Samuel a seven, she said “that is not so great for us I was thinking more along the line of a four”, and Stefano acquiesced. This was a meal that Pete Evans gave two perfect ten scores for. Though Pete might have been a little bit excitable that he was getting something decent to eat for a change.

Tonight it was Samuel and Allie’s turn to cook and again they did a Wonderland theme, complete with menus with characters from the book on them. This time Ali did not wear her Queen of Hearts collar.

The  Tassie team had a spicy menu, for entree Pink Ling and Abalone Ceviche, main was Steak with Cacao and Chilli Harissa with a broadbean salad, and dessert was churros with an avocado and chocolate dipping sauce.

Ashlee call it Alice in Latino land. Ashlee and Sophia said they did not like raw fish, but almost looked bemused about it saying they knew someone would serve raw fish at some point. Theoretically ceviche is not raw fish as the lime or lemon cooks it.

Ali and Samuel were really calm and organised in the kitchen they both knew what they had to do so did it. Samuel even did a good job of filleting the fish until he cut himself and then bled on it.

There looked like a lot of spanish onion in the ceviche, however Manu loved it.  Ashlee said it was average, whereas Angela thought it was the best entree she had had so far, and Dan thought it would be great in a sausage. A ceviche sausage, not sure about that.

The chilli heated up things around the table. The NSW team were deliberately placed opposite the Italian girls and since no one appeared to be making conversation around the table they decided to fire up. Angela kicked it off asking Sophia and Ashlee why they were so rude, and  then added “can you explain to me what that is about?”

Melina chimed in and said  ” Don’t put your head down to the table and roll your eyes and saying whatever.”

Um they are not you toddler children. Then Angela did the childish everyone else here hates you chat well that is what she was implying when she said “go around the table and asked everyones experience of meeting you and they would say they found you cold and rude.

Angela who needs to realise the diploma on her wall is for eyelash administration not a psychology one said “You’ve got a personality disorder or something or just bad manners”.

“If you think I am a bitch, that is fine, leave it at that.” retorted Sophia.

Sophie said she just zoned out when Lisa was talking as she is just so boring she could put fish to sleep. She is just a buzzkill.”

Sophia take on it was ” The bitches come after the top dog”.

The main course looked fantastic, Pete thought it was amazing –  “Quality, creativity, and consistency”. No complaints from any of the diners on that one. Dessert were Churros and even though it took them a while to get the oil the right temperature the judges again loved the flavours.

Though Ashlee thought it was “just churros” and Lisa did not like the dipping sauce, but of course she would rarely make a critisism out loud.

Vic, NSW and WA gave a seven, Qld scored them an eight and South Australia gave them a four.

It was a total of 33 out of 50, Samuel and Ali were a tad confused how this was only three points more than their disasterous first instant restaurant. Surely they would know by now that there is nothing rational on the scoring that has occurred this season.

The judges were more generous. Manu gave all nines, and Pete gave an eight for entree, and two tens for main and dessert. He has been very generous with his ten’s this year. Not sure what he is going to do when he tastes even better dishes later on in the competition.

Ali and Sam received a very high  total of 88 nearly 30 points more than the nearest person on the scoreboard. It was also good to see some great cooking.

1 drb123 { 02.26.13 at 7:41 pm }

Daisy @47
I love Lisa…..she reminds me of Glen Close in Fatal Attraction.

Well they are having rabbit

2 Georgie { 02.26.13 at 7:59 pm }

And of course no one knew this was going to happen? That’s why they’re all dressed in formal evening wear.

3 Daisy { 02.26.13 at 8:11 pm }

So she really is a bunny boiler?

4 Anna { 02.26.13 at 8:12 pm }

Funny moment 1: Cougar arguing with Pete re seasoning… apparently they have different palate

Funny Moment 2: Man Child/ Ape arguing with Manu what Rague is

Hope there is another one :-)

5 Littlepetal { 02.26.13 at 8:16 pm }

Risotto is too dry

6 Littlepetal { 02.26.13 at 8:22 pm }

They could be at the bottom after tonight and makes tomorrow more interesting.

7 Anna { 02.26.13 at 8:50 pm }

After tonight’s episode I can understand why she was a total bitch last night and will be tomorrow night. Lisa believes in an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth.

8 Littlepetal { 02.26.13 at 9:12 pm }

If the other teams score the way Lisa score, she should only get 5 out of 30. 13 is pretty generous, I think.

She shouldn’t be shocked with the scores unless she is delusional.

Lowest score in MKR history. You think Braces will get higher scores.

9 Anna { 02.26.13 at 9:35 pm }

Littlepeal, Lisa will give Braces 0 if she could. No wonder she was so pissy yesterday, lol

Giving decent food a score of 4 was payback for their crap scoring… looks like she is ready to give negative scoring tomorrow night :-)

10 Morgan { 02.26.13 at 9:47 pm }

I’m so happy that they’re on the bottom! Too bad I know Lisa will give Ashlee & Sophia a 1 no matter how well they cook.

11 A.P { 02.26.13 at 9:53 pm }

Why did they act so shocked and say it was like sharks circling?
It was obvious how bad the food was especially the cookie.
Watch them try to get their own back tomorrow night!

12 nanaliz { 02.26.13 at 9:53 pm }

I laughed my way through that whole show tonight. Lisa and Stephano are delusional. From earlier comments I gather she was already wearing the ring last night so that explains her extra bitchiness as she already knew tonight’s score. The sausage king was really funny at times as well. Fawlty Towers instead of Carnivale me thinks.

13 Daisy { 02.26.13 at 11:03 pm }

Man Baby looked thoroughly stoned.

14 nanaliz { 02.26.13 at 11:08 pm }

Wonder if they have already cooked and got stoned by other contestants Daisy?

15 nanaliz { 02.26.13 at 11:15 pm }

Just realized you meant Stefano, woops, I meant Ashlee, she looked spaced out tonight.

16 Marie { 02.26.13 at 11:49 pm }

Well, that was an embarrassing spectacle all round.

17 brain dead dave { 02.27.13 at 12:09 am }

Hardly anything to be “celebrational” about, I’ll agree. Wheresa da olive ? Wheresa de tomato,eh?

Pete and Manu were actually laughing at Jesus at one point, turning his expectations of the cookie into a sermon.

We may have seen the last of “in command” Stuffano and Moaner Lisa. Thirteen. Lucky for some. Suck it up,gelding…no Lisa~no Visa.

I expect Braces and Tatts to beat tonight’s score easily….even if they serve road kill.

18 Daisy { 02.27.13 at 12:40 am }

Psstt! Hhhhuuuughhh!
That was my Braces and Tats impersonation.
Tiresome Bratz Dolls.

Moaner Lisa with the visa. He he. Good work BDD.

Did you hear Knackered say he was going off to get his dress?

I think Tassie Sam must be a cousin to the Tassie Germaines.
(Banjo music)

19 essenzzaa { 02.27.13 at 6:21 am }

Lisa & Stefano are a REAL TEAM, in terms of COMEDY. I love em, & have only switched back on to mkr, avoiding the bitchfest, to enjoy their Lucy & Desi routine. Just love it, they seem to he oblivious to what anyone else has to say. Please give em their OWN SHOW! I tune in to Kate n Dave, next morning, just to hear the recap, & Manu re-interpretation

20 Wolf { 03.07.13 at 7:43 pm }

I have never blogged or posted an opinion in my 45 years of living on this globe but I just wanted to say that Ashley and especially Sophia are the most offensive and distgusting people I have ever had the misfortune of seeing on TV. I get that society has regressed in terms of decency and respect but these two people epitomise a contemporary ‘me me me’ person that I don’t want to live amongst and I certainly do not want to see on TV. Loved this show but obviously the focus on these uncouth people creates ratings but not for me, and I suspect, for more people than the producers actually realise.
Comments like ‘I don’t care who I knock over to win’ must appeal to someone out there but they are offensive to me and my family and we no longer will be watching this show. I really hope that these uncultured uncouth people get what they deserve….or as I suspect, they are actually reasonable people following a script.
Shame that the producers would allow a cooking show to become an insight into the kind of lowlife that actually live amongst decent people in our society. Enough said, Goodby MKR, and if they are sent home tonight, we might go back to watching a reality cooking show…not such an abhorent example of our regressed society.

21 Reality Raver { 03.07.13 at 8:06 pm }

Wolf – Am honoured that my blog was your first online posting hopefully it won’t be your last.

22 Anon. { 03.15.13 at 8:33 am }

Honestly, I somewhat like Sophia and Ashlee. They are actually honest and straightforward. If they don’t like the dish they say it. At least they don’t backstab people behind the scenes.
I get annoyed when people say they are disgusting and rude. A lot of the time it’s the way how the show is edited (probably scripted too), making Sophie and Ashlee looking bad. I know that sometimes they are a bit over the top but why does no one comment on Angela and Melina?
They actually started the fight over the table, Sophie was actually trying not to argue with her. Angela and Melina are actually quite mean too, they would comment on how some dishes that looks horrible behind the scenes but over the dining table they would just smile.
Seriously, some people need to think deeper rather than judge with what’s shown to them.

23 Krystal { 03.20.13 at 8:00 pm }

Anon @ 72
I agree with you that Angela and Melina seem quite mean, they have so much to say about Sophie and Ashlee, while Sophie and Ashlee just say that they do not like Angela and Melina. I think when Sophie and Ashlee are provoked though they make very mean and rude remarks.

24 cameron edwards { 04.03.13 at 12:47 am }

“7”WILL DO ANYTHING IN ORDER TO BOOST RATINGS SO AS TO GET MEGA ADVERTISING MONEY

THOSE asian gatecrushers got to be HIRD to spice up the program that was geting long and boring
their ethnicity is particularly choosen to so get those asians watching

CHANNEL 7 IS A GREEDY AND RUTHLESS CHANNEL AND WILL DO ANY THING FOR RATINGS