The Amazing Race – Bumped To 5.30pm

The new season of The Amazing Race did not rate well for 7Mate on Sunday, and it has been moved forward to 5.30pm on a Sunday.

This a pity as it is a good cast which will make it entertaining series. However tend agree with TV Tonight who thinks the reason no one is watching is the viewer do not know it is on.

The Amazing Race on 7Mate on Sundays at 5.30pm.

1 chasingvegas { 02.27.13 at 2:01 pm }

I agree, my friends who are fans had no idea it was on 7mate. Even if it was on 7two I think it would have rated better. I really don’t mind as long as its scheduled truthfully. Next to SURVIVOR its my favourite reality show.

2 Trent { 02.27.13 at 3:23 pm }

I love this show and i had no idea it was on.
I will series link it this Sunday though.

We have the exact same taste i think chasingvegas! They are definately my two favourites.. then followed by BB and i cant wait for the Mole to start!

3 Erin { 02.27.13 at 4:03 pm }

how long will it take ch 7 to realise it didn’t rate well because no one knew it was on!!!

4 KG { 02.27.13 at 4:08 pm }

At least now it doesn’t clash with The Block on Sunday – my PVR is exhausted with Block, Masterchef, MKR and Race all overlapping on different days.

5 Bluey { 02.27.13 at 10:09 pm }

I had no idea the next series of TAR had started. Thanks RR for this story or I would have missed my favourite show.

6 Izobel2 { 02.27.13 at 10:20 pm }

I watched it on catch up channel 7 online. I forgot even tho RR told us about it. Good show hey!

7 Daisy { 02.27.13 at 10:50 pm }

Thanks RR I would hate to miss it. It got off to a good start last Sunday. I wish, wish, wish we could have the Aussie one too.

Too early for a favourite.

8 Carole { 02.28.13 at 9:38 am }

Yeah I only found out it was back from this site & TV tonight. There was absolutely zero ads for it, and I never watch 7mate so never even bother to check that channel to see what’s on it. Usually 7 have an advertising blitz a couple of weeks before it starts, but because it’s on 7mate they didn’t bother this time. Then they wonder why it doesn’t rate well. They put that stupid Last Resort, which has been cancelled in the US on their prime channel during prime time, and shove a show which is a huge hit both overseas and here onto their digital channel. But the new time suits me more, too much on at 6.30.

Me too, chasingvegas & Trent, they are my favourite reality shows too.

9 Tab { 02.28.13 at 7:25 pm }

My hubby loves TAR and we had no idea at all it was on cause we don’t watch TV unless something we want to watch is on.

10 Dave { 03.03.13 at 6:52 pm }

TV Executives are probably the most stupid business people on the planet. They don’t advertise a show properly, which limits numbers of watchers. Then because it didn’t rate (due to their inability to sell it properly), they shift it in week 2 which loses those people who DID watch week 1.

Thick as two house planks Channel 7.

Our family started watching it last week because stumbled on it (we would have missed it otherwise) and then we’ve just realised it has moved so we’ve missed Week 2.

Not going to bother any more.

11 Daisy { 03.19.13 at 6:10 pm }

Good elimination this week. What an idiot, especially with his departing comments. I wouldn’t mind the camera following them back into the car while he yammered on about having no regrets and she was full of disappointment.

How hillarious are the hillbillies. She can’t do anything. I hope there is a haircut challenge coming up, but unfortunately Mrs Hillbilly will probably have to do that one because she’s not doing much else.

I was disappointed that Winnie and friend weren’t first in. I am quite liking them.

Who are you guys going for? I haven’t decided yet.

12 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 9:25 am }

It’s an interesting year because there’s no-one too despicable. All of the remaining contestants are OK or at least bearable. I think my favourites might be Winnie and her friend. I actually don’t mind the alpha newlyweds either.