American Idol – And We Are Now In The Zoanette Era

Kelly Clarkson, Fantasia, Carrie Underwood, and Adam Lambert are just some of the iconic names in the American Idol history books and now it is time to add in Zoanette.

She is a superstar, sure not everybody is going to like her but hopefully when the live shows starts the American Idol will be voting for her.

Check her out below, singing the Circle of Life from The Lion King where she received a standing ovation from the judges and the crowd.

Tonight on American Idol five more boys will go through to the final 20. Shown on TEN at 7.30pm.
It should be noted there have been some scheduling changes for American Idol and from Friday the 15 March the live and results show will be shown over 2 1/2 hours on Friday night. (Source: TV Tonight)

1 Bilsey { 03.01.13 at 4:32 pm }

One word… Goosebumps!

Though since The Lion King is my all time fave Disney movie I might be biased!!! Loved it!

2 gidgetvonlarue { 03.01.13 at 5:07 pm }

I must have different hearing because I laughed all the way through that performance. She hit more bum notes than I can mention, went off key several times and sounded like someone torturing an elephant. This show is a bloody joke. Singing comp my arse. It’s a ‘personality’ competition with a mix of ‘look, we have supplied a multi cultural selection – aren’t we clever’. Doubt I will keep watching. I’ll save my singing reality shows for UK, USA & Aust The Voice.

3 Bolders { 03.01.13 at 5:15 pm }

I couldn’t udnerstand a bloody word. I could hear her gasps of breath, since the mic was shoved in her mouth so much but I couldn’t distinguish a single word.

I get the desire for her to succeed but as a singer? – nah.

4 BBM { 03.02.13 at 12:07 pm }

It was good to hear her really sing for the first time, there were glimpses of singing earlier but it was more performance. Personally I prefer shows judged on performance more than just the voice, no matter how good the singer it gets quite boring when they have no performance or personality.

5 Sue N { 03.02.13 at 1:07 pm }

I agree with comments 2 & 3

6 kazfromtas { 03.02.13 at 8:55 pm }

I’m also with comments 2,3 and 5! I saw this performance the other night and the only thing I could think was it had to be a pure case of the contestants back story being far more important than the actual talent. I’m sure she’s a lovely girl, and judging by the judges comments she will go for in the competition, but I won’t be handing over good money to hear her anytime soon.

7 abbie { 03.03.13 at 6:53 pm }

Shes the best thing about this season. We dont just get a performance when she sings, we get a whole experience. Shes just captivating to watch.

8 brain dead dave { 03.03.13 at 7:17 pm }

Suckhole Of Life.

9 Daisy { 03.03.13 at 7:30 pm }

WTF. Just watched the video. Awful and scary.
She even gargled a bit. I found it weird and very unpleasant.

10 OMG { 03.03.13 at 8:08 pm }

Do they swab contestants before letting them perform?

When someone makes Nikki Minaj seem stable by comparison, its a warning sign.