Survivor Caramoan – Episode Three – There Is Some Weird Strategy Going On

Who was eliminated last night held little tension but there was some interesting things occurring in both tribes.

But first I need viewers to help me out on one thing that is confusing me. The main alliance in the Fan’s tribe had decided to flush out Reynold’s immunity idol. Three votes were going to Hope, three to Reynold, and Shamar would also get three votes. This would mean there would have to be another vote with Hope probably eliminated.

What happened was they did vote three, three, three, but it was Eddie’s the other person in the hunk alliance whose name was written down, which resulted after the re vote in Hope being voted off.

It was the perfect opportunity to flush out the idol or get Reynold off. Now I know they want to keep him because he is strong in challenges and you need it to win them, but is he that much stronger than Eddie?

Or did Shamar blabbing to Hope make them worried? Obviously the vote for Eddie was on at that stage as Shamar hinted to her she should vote for Eddie to save herself. Which at the time I thought was strange. He was obviously worried about the three, three, three split or he has the hots for her. However Shamar strategising is a bit of joke he kind of muddled in and nearly stuffed it up for his alliance.

Laura was freaking out as she had performed so badly in the challenge that she considered swapping alliances to vote for Shamar as for some reason she thought Shamar was going to vote with his mortal enemy Reynold. Like that would happen.

Sherri who is desperate to keep Shamar in the alliance thinks she can control him as she is used to working with people like him.

She is a Fast Food Franchisee, which I thought what she was hinting at that she was used to working with not so bright people and probably from minority demographics. [Ed’s note: Fast food chains in the US employ a high percentage of Black and Hispanic people, I’m not turning all MKR on you.]

However she did clarify she that it was dealing with unmotivated adolescents.

I suspect if a Shamar type was working for her she would sack him pretty quickly. He admitted after that after his return from Iraq, he was a marine, that he had issues with alcohol and anger. It appears he still has issues with anger. This was confirmed by Allie in an interview (see a previous blog post). He even had some insight and said he did not want to be theΒ angry black man on Survivor.

Over on the Favourites tribe Andrea appeared to be over scheming. She thought Corrine was too close to Malcolm and wanted her removed from the alliance and to bring Brandon Hantz. Did she not see the season Brandon was on he was all over the place with his alliances and could not keep his mouth shut. The reason he stayed in was because he was a threat to no one.

As usual Brandon oscillates in his view about it all thinking it gave him a part of a strong alliance, and then his paranoia set in and he was muttering about not trusting them. It is going to be interesting if Brandon, Special Agent Phil and Shamar make it to the merge. It could become the most unbearable camp ever.

Cochran appears to be going along with Andrea as he said he is not used to being surrounded by pretty girls in their underwear. However I think Andrea is stupid playing around so early with a solid alliance and she might find the knifes out for her.

What did you think of the episode?

Survivor Caramoan on GO Channel on Thursday night at 7.30pm and a repeat on GO Channel on Saturday at 4.30pm.

1 gidgetvonlarue { 03.01.13 at 2:08 pm }

Sheree (or as we call her – older blonde Sandra Bullock) is running that whole Fan’s group like a finely run machine. She’s no dummy. I just find it amusing how the ‘beautiful four’ think they had such an awesome alliance when it was against 7 people. They might be ‘beautiful’ but christ are they DUMB!

I HATE Shamar but I would want to be sitting next to the lazy crazy bastard in final three so I’d feel inclined to keep him around.

It’s kinda like a whole season of crazy this time. Phil the nutbag, Shamar the moron and Brandon the dangerous freak. That guy would scare me. He IS the type to set the whole camp on fire.
I’m worried for Malcom – he’s my favourite but it’s not good if he seperates himself with Karen Allen look a like.

2 q { 03.01.13 at 2:44 pm }

the fans probably think reynold is heaps stronger than eddie (and eddie sorta screwed up the hook challenge this week) , considering reynold essentially won them the immunity from wk 1.

enjoyable episode, still a lot of crazy players making viewing a bit uncomfortable, can’t imagine living 24/7 with them
It would be interesting to see a tribal swap after next week to see Phillip/Brandon VS Shamar

and I agree gidget that Sheree is running the fans, but they still don’t have a chance against the favourites

3 A.P { 03.01.13 at 3:25 pm }

Shamar is a psycho, the way he just shuts down and refuses to talk to anyone he doesn’t like is crazy, its exactly what Colton used to do.
I reckon he is playing the victim and will end up quitting soon.
Brandon is creepy saying he will basically sabotage everything if people turn against him.
I don’t really get whats happening yet either RR, I thought they would have voted Shamar off since they can’t stand him. I’m still getting to know the characters.
I really hope Malcolm does well this time.

4 Bolders { 03.01.13 at 4:03 pm }

Laura irritates me no end but I dont know why – maybe it’s that wide eyed blab thing she has going. Useless at everything except sucking up and reporting who has an idol even if on her own team.

5 emp { 03.01.13 at 4:08 pm }

what is with this season and Malcolm and Reynold tossing things?

6 Carole { 03.01.13 at 7:37 pm }

Yeah, I wondered if they would vote out Shamar, since he was saying earlier that we wanted to quit. Even as they went to Tribal Council I still didn’t have a clue who they would vote for. Then it’s a 3 way tie.

Shamar’s not talking to list. I want to be on that list. The way he is going, by the end everyone will be on the list. Hey, maybe even Probst will be on it, that would make Tribal Council interesting. And what if he makes it to the final 3, and the people on his not talking list is on the jury, he won’t be able to answer their questions on why he should win.

7 Daisy { 03.01.13 at 10:11 pm }

I don’t know how they can say “I am here for the Survivor experience” and then spend weeks with people like Shamar or Phil. I would rather boot them out and have better company. I’d take my chances at the end. It really doesn’t appear that Shamar has recovered sufficiently from his war service.

RR I think most of the fans don’t seem to know what they are doing. Teams don’t seem to keep strong athletes and then have nothing for the challenges.

8 Reality Raver { 03.01.13 at 11:42 pm }

Daisy – Agree you need to win challenges to stay in the game and to keep your tribe and alliance strong.

GidgetVonLaRue – I am liking Sheree’s aggressive play. I don’t think it will win her the game though.

q – the Phillip/Brandon/ Shamar will be interesting to watch. If they all made top three who would the jury vote for?

AP = Actually creepy is a good adjective for Brandon it describes him well.

Lauren – maybe that is her strategy as her swimming was super weak.

emp – alpha male thing perhaps?

Carole – yeah I got confused as well as I thought they had been talking about voting for Reynolds. The rats next week look disgusting.

9 Christina { 03.02.13 at 9:15 am }

OMG imagine that (Phil/Brandon/Shamar at the end)! Keeping the “weak” players to be easy to beat in front of a jury would totally backfire if the three joined forces at the merge and created their own weird alliance! It makes me LOL at the thought but somehow just can’t imagine their egos or intelligence would get them that far πŸ˜‰

10 Daisy { 03.02.13 at 9:40 am }

I would like to see that scenario; the weak, unpleasant players, let’s call them the luggage or the back-pack, being carried forward and then allying with each other. It might put an end the the weakest link strategy where we kee seeing great players booted off.

11 Barney { 03.02.13 at 10:43 am }

They weren’t trying to flush out the idol, they were hedging their bets, and splitting their vote over Eddie and Hope, just in case Reynold had given his idol to one or the other of his alliance.

12 Izobel2 { 03.04.13 at 6:22 pm }

I like this season as I feel like I know most people as we only had to learn about half of them!
And I get to see Cochran.
I’d still be leaving Shamar with me and take him to the end. … but geez I’d be voting myself out if I was on an island with nothing but time and Tangerine Underpants & Crazy Brandon & Shamar.

Maybe I could phone a friend and get Coach & Shambo & Evil Russel and Parvati to come join the crazy party.
Hey wait that makes me sound crazy :)

13 Carole { 03.05.13 at 2:26 pm }

Just read that someone is going to have a medical emergency which will affect how they play the game in the next episode. Wonder who it is.

14 TMC { 03.05.13 at 3:08 pm }

Shamar Does have a point thou, with exaggerations that people play, but that that is part of the game.
Shamar seem to be a very straight down the line personality, You need to be precise with his wording or he will jump all over you.
Thou Shamar who dislikes exaggerations does go way over the top with his responses…… thou his time in Iraq may be testament to that.

The Buffed beautiful crew shit me to tears
I like crazy Phil and Cochran