My Kitchen Rules – Some Bits Of Gossip

One thing the weekly gossip magazines are good at are getting bits of tasty tidbits about the My Kitchen Rules contestants and what is happening on set.

Here are just some of the vignettes:

It looks like the fight we saw Ashlee and Sophia have won’t be there last. With New Idea saying they have some great fights during the challenges in Kitchen Headquarters, and apparently Pete and Manu have to step in. In TV Week Ashlee said during the Sydney Market’s challenge, she considered ending their friendship of more than 20 years. She said “I did think at one point. ‘This is it, I can’t be friends with you anymore you are just too much to  handle,'”. She adds it was the first time they had fought like that. Also after these fight the pair had to share a hotel room together and Ashlee admits “There were lots of silent nights in that hotel room”.

Interestingly enough two teams think it was the Italian mums that were out of line in the Sophia and Ashlee fight. Dan told TV Week “The way that fight went down, the two Italian girls should be ashamed.” He also said “It was actually really embarrassing sitting at the table and watching all of it happen.”

Also in New Idea, Mick said it was the Italian girls were the ones starting the fights. He said ” They have a dark side” and ” That rose has lots of thorns on it”.

Also there was silent rumour in New Idea where one of the contestants is being a diva and rubbing up contestants the wrong way. Apparently they would upgrade themselves to business class when they were travelling and joke about sending beers back to the others in economy.  I am going to guess Melina on this one.

Also New Idea say that it is possible one team may have had an excuse for cooking badly in their instant restaurant round, as one of the pair were sick and took flu medication but accidentally took a night time tablet which made them very drowsy. Didn’t Allie have a cold at one stage?

Crying cupcake diva Jenna constant crying started becoming irritating. Samuel told TV Week “Initially it was cute, but then she was just crying at the drop of a hat.” and ” The judges told her countless times that she needed to buck up a bit”.

Dan told TV Week that he knew Lisa was going to “play hard ball”. “From the very start of this second round in the competition, we knew it was going to be tough.” He also said ” We don’t know what they socred, but from the way they were talking we could tell it was going to be low”. He also said that Lisa and Stefano kept to themselves. “I did not talk to them much, but every now and then I’d have a chat to Stefano about cooking, and pick his brain about different styles of Italian cooking”. He continues ” But, Lisa would tell him not to say that stuff to me because she was really funny about giving any information away”.

Luke also revealed to TV Week that part of his motivation for his healthy lifestyle is seeing his older brother go off the rails and battle serious drug addiction.

Also for those who like Victorian cousins Sam and Chris, they are both single.

1 Daze { 03.07.13 at 5:42 pm }

What ‘family recipe secrets’ could Stefano give away? What was Lisa worried about? He didn’t seem to know any Italian recipes anyhow imo. How peculiar.
Yes RR read “MKR’s official magazine” and it appears the stylists dress the contestants as well hence mother & daughter were dressed similar by them, and CupCake Girls are mainly dressed in pink. Love hearing about all the nonsense behind the scenes and am surprised contestants are allowed to give out this info.

2 Roo { 03.07.13 at 5:56 pm }

Apparently it is Craig who upgrades himself to business class and jokes about it. To have a fabulous house like they did in there instant restaurant they would have to be well off.

3 brain dead dave { 03.07.13 at 6:22 pm }

Picking Stuffano’s brain? That’d be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Yep, I think you’re right , Roo. Tassie Pops has already sledged Craig about vulgar displays of wealth~ albeit behind his back. Good luck to him if he’s got a few quid …it’s not enough to save him being pussy whipped around the kitchen or have his wife “faint” on him.

4 Reality Raver { 03.07.13 at 6:25 pm }

Roo – Does Kerrie get upgraded as well or is she in the back as well with the rest of them.

5 A.P { 03.07.13 at 7:26 pm }

RR, some of us Woman’s Day fans like BDD and New Idea fans like me were discussing these gossip items on a previous post, but I hadn’t heard the goss from TV Week so thanks for that.
Is anyone going to watch the Tassie boys on Better Homes and Gardens Friday night?
I will miss it so let me know how the crispy duck turns out.

6 Daze { 03.07.13 at 9:06 pm }

Amanda visits Matt Preston’s house on The Living Room this Friday for any one who cares to have a peep…….. thanks AP wasn’t aware about BH&G, so will take a look too

7 Georgie { 03.07.13 at 9:13 pm }

I would expect MKR production would fly their contestants business class anyway? I bet Peter and Manu don’t fly economy.

8 Littlepetal { 03.07.13 at 9:52 pm }

One team may have had an excuse for cooking badly in their instant restaurant round, as one of the pair were sick and took flu medication but accidentally took a night time tablet which made them very drowsy.

The team was Lisa and Candice. I read that in their local paper and Candice thought it was rather funny.

The upgrading to business class can’t be Craig because if it is Craig, Kerrie will have to be upgraded too.

9 Stacey { 03.07.13 at 9:54 pm }

I also have read that is was particularly Craig who was upgrading himself (I assume with Kerrie :P) to business class. What is his dayjob anyway? Also, Im not sure if its been reported on here as Ive been working quite long hours lately but the news that Josh and Andi are expecting and were in the early stages whilst filming. So if you’re reading this congrats!

Daze- I read in one of the magaines that Blonde Cupcake’s mother-in-law-to-be has made all of the pink dresses for her whilst on the show as she runs a bridal boutique. I’ve also noticed the similar colours of the teams outfits, I assumed they were told to dress that way? I tend to notice that Cupcake girls dress in white\red\pink, while Kerrie and Craig are usually dressed in blue or black, as are Josh and Andi. Tassie boys always wear similar button up shirts and Italian mummas wear alot of peplum. Bitch Braces and friend dress alike too, sheer tops with quite a bit of skin. Bondi boys forever in plaid shirts.

10 nanaliz { 03.07.13 at 10:03 pm }

Dan always looks like he has a contract with KingGees or some other work ware maker.

11 Littlepetal { 03.07.13 at 10:16 pm }

Colin the new judge also mentioned that he made some of them cry and there were 2 teams that didn’t take his criticisms on board. He even joked that one team need counselling.

12 Bolders { 03.07.13 at 11:38 pm }

@Stacey -“Bitch Braces” LOL

13 Anna { 03.08.13 at 7:36 am }

Ending a friendship if 20 years over reality teevee show? Really babes? What a strong friendship it must be!! Then again what else can we expect from bullies?

Italuan mamas may be shouldn’t have said anything, then again we don’t know what happens when the camera is off or what has been edited out.,, everyone has a breaking point. Braces & Tats are behaving like nasty teens. Producers cannot possibly be telling them to act that way…. A mature, intelligent 29 yo would never behave like that…

Hopefully they will be sent packing a week before Italian mamas

14 PollyB { 03.08.13 at 7:43 am }

I don’t care who started it, I’m so bored with hearing bitchy Bratz go on, and on, and on about it. If they ramp up this type of crap any further for next season I won’t be watching. Although I do think they have a good group of contestants now, hopefully the cooking comp will really kick off.

15 Trent { 03.08.13 at 8:14 am }

One person i can not stand on this show is Dan!

And this article proves it he bad mouthed almost every female member of the cast. Total wanker

16 layla { 03.08.13 at 11:55 am }

Myself and my work colleges think it’s Angela and Melina who travel business class due to the fact one of them has a wealthy father. That’s kind of pretentious of them if true. Understandable that Pete and Manu fly business or first, but for the other contestants that must give them a bad vibe.

17 Roo { 03.08.13 at 12:10 pm }

Layla I am very sure it is Craig and Kerry who fly business class I read it in one of the mags. Craig would joke about sending a beer back to the other boys. I don’t imagine the Real Housewives having a beer. As for the Real Housewives Vs A&S, the Real Housewives probably have been confrontational head on to A&S, who obviously prefer passive aggression and bitching about others to the camera rather than their face, and of course, questioning the intelligence of anyone who is not in awe of them. I don’t think the Real Housewives should be ashamed at all.

18 layla { 03.08.13 at 1:17 pm }

Thanks Roo – you’re probably right. I’d be a bit ticked off if a contestant was already earning 100k a year and was a comp to win more money buts that’s just me being petty cause I’m only on 50k a year. :P

19 Roo { 03.08.13 at 3:56 pm }

Hey Layla please don’t hate me cause I earn 55k a year. LOL. I do agree with what you are saying though. For some people being top of one tree is never enough, they have to be top of the whole forest! If there were no gatecrashers this year I would be shocked to think that Kerry and Craig got in over Real Housewives. I just don’t see that Kerry and Craig have a wide appeal to the audience in general.

20 layla { 03.08.13 at 4:08 pm }

I love that saying and totally agree! I don’t know who Kerrie and Craig appeal to really cause she’s just nasty. First demanding the lamb, bossing Craig around and then laughing at Melina and Angela while they were cooking – how immature for a woman in her mid 50’s. She’s obviously feeling threatened by Melina and Angela and doesn’t want to step outside her comfort zone with cooking (I mean all she cooks is lamb).

Though it seems this series, the producers are focusing more on the teams we don’t like then the teams we do like. No wonder people are tunning out.

21 layla { 03.08.13 at 4:11 pm }

Also, I don’t believe for a second that Elle and Jake picked them as they felt “close to them”. We haven’t read that anywhere or even saw them talking with each other. They (well Elle) seemed quite close to Mick and Matt but I didn’t see bonding with any other teams. You think they’d show it on the show otherwise.

22 Reality Tidbits – Saturday Edition | reality ravings { 03.09.13 at 1:16 am }

[...] Mel B booed and jeered on set at America’s Got Talent. (Source: Daily Telegraph) [...]

23 Daisy { 03.09.13 at 1:23 am }

Layla@21 Good conspiracy theory given that the Tassie Dad said that he thought they themselves would get chosen because they were the ones that had been close Jake and Elle.
The more I hear about the staging of MKR the more I think that it’s about as unscripted and unstaged as B&B or Days. Is it a cooking show or a soap?