American Idol – The Top TEN Are…

It gets down to the nitty gritty with the real live shows kicking off on American Idol.

This week the top twenty were whittled down to ten, with the fabulous Zoanette eliminated after a very dodgy performance of Tina Turner’s ‘What’s Love Got To Do With It’.

Here are the top ten:

1. Lazaro Arbos
  2. Janelle Arthur
  3. Curtis Finch Jr.
  4. Candice Glover
  5. Kree Harrison
  6. Amber Holcomb
  7. Paul Jolley
  8. Angela Miller
  9. Burnell Taylor
  10. Devin Velez

Do you agree with it?

Also Network TEN will showing the performance and elimination show together on Friday nights from 8.30pm after The Living Room.

1 Daisy { 03.10.13 at 11:08 am }

From the snippets I have seen, there seems to be more good girl singers than guys. Is that the view of Idol viewers?
I will tape this and only watch the good ones. Who are the ones to watch?

2 Veronicali { 03.10.13 at 1:27 pm }

Yeah the girls are better.
My fave is Kree Harrison, even though I’m not a country fan. Also, she looks like Duchess Kate after a few hamburgers :)

3 Kylie { 03.10.13 at 9:15 pm }

I am thankful Charlie didnt make it. My fav girl is also Kree; there is something about her that makes me pay attention everytime. Does anyone else think Lazaros tone is similar to Anthony Calleas?? And is Mariah fascinated by the lights or something as she rarely makes eye contact during her judgements of the contestants, she seems to be looking up at the roof a lot!

4 Fiona { 03.10.13 at 10:35 pm }

I have enjoyed the series so far, the new format has been a good refresh for the show. So far the girls are stronger, with Kree, Amber and Candice looking good with Angela also strong when she sings her own songs. The boys are not as good overall, my favourite so far is Burnell. Curtis is way too gospel for me, the judges seem to love him though. Lazzaro does remind me of Anthony Callea now that Kylie has mentioned it. So far the contestants have had a better choice of contemporary music, let’s hope that follows through and we don’t have to endure more Beatles nights and other odes to the 70’s the singers have little knowledge of.
I think Randy has had a new lease of life as a judge this season, he actually gives some lively and pertinent critiques so far! I like Nicky Minaj surprisingly and Maria is lovely but I wish she would wear her dresses a size bigger. Love Keith, he seems so happy and genuine.

5 Joseph Skyrim { 03.11.13 at 8:42 am }

Strangely have actually watched some of this lately, and am slowly being able to deal with Nicki – she’s just like my little cousin (yes very wierd). Many good girl singers but I think the stuttering Lazaro should win this, though I do also like the chubby gospel dude in the back there too.

Also Mariah Carey… *drool* 😛

6 Daisy { 03.11.13 at 9:16 am }

I have a Korean friend who also reminds me of NM except that my friend is pretty and doesn’t honk through her nose when she speaks, so I’m not sure what it is that they do have in common.
My friend is trendy but in a cool boho way, no wigs.

7 Veronicali { 03.11.13 at 11:12 am }

Yes Kree just has that something about her that draws you in, and a lovely tone.
I’m liking Nikki Minaj, didn’t know who she was before this, so was surprised at a lot of the hate for her. She’s a good judge, and wacky! Good wacky!
Keith’s settled in well, must be chuffed to have two country girls in.
I like Burnell best of the guys.