The Biggest Loser – Starts Sunday On TEN

This clip reminded me how bad the trainers are at acting. The scene is from the premiere of The Biggest Loser where the coaches are allegedly secretly spying on the contestants to see all their eating bad habits.

The first episode is traditionally where the viewer gasps at their excessive weight and their gluttonous eating habits before  we emotionally engage with their weight loss journey.

The good news is a little bird has told me that early in the episode there is a extended time where Commando has his top off hopefully I did not just dream that piece of information. And why isn’t THAT in the promos?

The blurb for next week’s episode:

Sunday, March 17, 6.45pm

Tonight, the contestants have no idea the trainers are spying on them from a surveillance van outside their houses. Will terrible food habits and sedentary lifestyles be all they uncover? Then, thinking they are on their way to The Biggest Loser house, the families are taken to an arena in front of 3000 fans to pledge their promise to themselves and each other. With the emotional weight lifted, comes another twist: arriving in bushland they must take a leap of faith and jump off a 10-metre high cliff and swim to collect their ticket into the house. No jump, no ticket, no The Biggest Loser journey.

Monday, March 18, 7.30pm

It’s the first weigh-in of the season and guaranteed to be one of the most emotional and powerful weigh-ins in The Biggest Loser history, with some children weighing in heavier than their parents. After finding out their starting weights, it’s time for the contestants to start getting that number down with their very first workout. Who will break down? Then, one by one the trainers and Dr. Swan show the children what they would look like by the time they reach their parents’ age. The health ramifications hit home for the contestants.

Tuesday, March 19, 7.30pm

Hayley Lewis pays a surprise visit to the house and reveals that if all seven family couples can lose a combined total of 100 kilograms this week, nobody will be eliminated. All contestants must work together to achieve this target. With that said, it’s time to get stuck into a challenge of epic proportions: arriving at Camden Airport the contestants have to pull a skip which has been weighted to match their combined body weight. They must pull the skip 500 metres in the ultimate race against a fighter jet.

It looks like the parent and child format could make it an interesting series.

The Biggest Loser Australia on TEN Sunday night at 6.45pm then Monday and Tuesday at 7.30pm

1 Golo i Wesolo { 03.14.13 at 6:20 pm }

“Tonight, the contestants have no idea the trainers are spying on them from a surveillance van outside their houses.”

Isn’t that classified as stalking? The fact that the contestants have “no idea” that somebody is secretly video taping their daily routine suggests that it would be.

I know that the contestants are clued in on this – “no idea” my ass – but what kind of message is that sending to our youth? That it’s perfectly okay to stalk other people?

I love the values (or lack thereof) that reality TV is teaching our kids these days.

2 brain dead dave { 03.14.13 at 7:50 pm }

No , it’s not classified as stalking, troll.

3 Remued { 03.14.13 at 9:23 pm }

Hopefully The Commando is shirtless AND proving his strength somehow.
Sigh…

4 Veronicali { 03.15.13 at 8:33 am }

Dr Swan shows the kids – and their boy/girlfriends – what they’ll look like at their parents’ age. Heh, should be good.
The first ep looks like a tear fest, though :/

5 Bianca Heron { 03.18.13 at 10:25 am }

Does anyone know where in Australia the 10 metre cliff is? A few mates want to do it!

6 A.P { 03.18.13 at 10:32 am }

No, but the house is in Dural so maybe it was somewhere not too far from there?

7 Reality Raver { 03.18.13 at 10:34 am }

Bianca Heron – did you not here/see Commandos very serious face to camera that this cliff jumping should not be practised without proper supervision!

8 Joseph Skyrim { 03.18.13 at 10:44 am }

Saw a little of this before the MCP finale and two thoughts:
About the “spying” – the contestants probably already signed an “I’m ok to be on TV” clause by the time those hidden cameras got installed (otherwise what, they installed cameras on everyone that applied?). No way will the show be dumb enough not to have papers indicating otherwise, so basically they (contestants) agreed to it indirectly.

Cliff jump – I’m afraid of heights but I’m -more- afraid of water. That stuff seriously tries to kill me continously if in large volumes. Good on them for jumping. I’d probably jump (eventually) too, but methinks some of those lifesaver dudes would then need to save me since I literally sink like a rock. Eek. x.x

9 brain dead dave { 03.18.13 at 10:44 am }

I thought the Anthony Robbins Seminar vibe with the pumped crowd for the mea culpa /hard luck stories event was very over the top.

Even with the “proper supervision’ , one of those fatties almost landed on their co -jumper at Cholesterol Cliff. Without attempting bombs at all ,there were still some huge splashes. I have had massive experience at jumping from these kinds of heights into the River Murray, it really helps to face these kind of fears when a lot of alcohol has been consumed.

A lot happened. AlreadY the fatties have faced
*fear of heights
*fear of water
*fear of public speaking.

10 A.P { 03.18.13 at 11:05 am }

It was very Americanized I thought, and I love the name Cholesterol Cliff BDD, very good!
What parent would let their kid eat a whole tub of ice cream in one go?
Disgusting!

11 Blossom { 03.19.13 at 10:51 pm }

Tonight when Jess said ” I’ve never finished anything” my son turned to me and said “well she finished off that tub of ice-cream”! Made me laugh so hard. I SO wish Michelle Bridges had said that to her!

12 Anonymous { 03.21.13 at 4:24 pm }

Reality Raver- Yes they are aware of that, i didn’t say they were going to do it alone. BUT they are VERY experienced and have done higher, plenty of times. Thanks i found out where it is, Wattamolla for anyone else interested :)

13 Bianca Heron { 03.21.13 at 4:26 pm }

Sorry, that comment was from me lol

14 A.P { 03.21.13 at 5:23 pm }

Oh thats interesting @12, I used to go there as a kid with my parents, it was a great little swimming spot but I don’t remember the cliff though.
Perhaps we only stayed in the safe part to play.

15 Reality Raver { 03.21.13 at 7:52 pm }

Bianca Heron – no problems but would have felt bad if it had abeen a bunch of 14 year olds deciding to do it.