Celebrity Splash – The Cast Announced – What Do You Think?

Celebrity Splash, the celebrity diving show that looks like it is going to be trashtastic has announced the cast.

It includes comedian Josh Thomas who is coming a reality TV slut, and no that is not a negative thing. This will be his third time on one. Andrew Symonds is the cricket star they had been hinting at, however I was a tad disappointe it was not David Boon or Greg Ritchie to give some fantastic belly flops. For this we will have to rely on Adam Richards who should give good TV both on the 10 metre platform and with quips on screen.

Brynne Edelsten will be a hoot as well as she is someone you can’t help liking.

Of course there has to be eye candy and Nick Bracks, Laura Csortan, and Renae Ayris should fill that brief.

One of the issues of this show is the diving only takes about 2 seconds to complete so the filler in between has to be entertaining as well. I think this show is going to be a hit with a lot of people watching whilst talking about it on the social media.

The cast is:

• Tamsyn Lewis Gold Medal Athlete
  • Andrew Welsh AFL Star
  • Renae Ayris Miss Universe Australia
  • Pauly Fenech Comedian
  • Laura Csortan TV Star
  • Nick Bracks Model

Celebrity Splash on SEVEN after Easter.

1 Littlepetal { 03.20.13 at 11:23 am }

I don’t know how this show can be a success. Can’t see any glamour in it.

2 Bree { 03.20.13 at 11:46 am }

This looks terrible (like “It Takes Two” terrible), though I may be enticed to watch a bit of it just to see the sassy Adam Richards!

3 Emma { 03.20.13 at 11:48 am }

Is this just an excuse to see people in swimming costumes?

4 Ruby Jacenko { 03.20.13 at 11:49 am }

I think the show sounds like fun. However, they should’ve called it Sydlebrity Splash not Celebrity Splash.

5 Joseph Skyrim { 03.20.13 at 11:52 am }

So… they’re making a diving competition… a series? I get bored after awhile of watching olympic level diving because really there’s only so much variation. Can’t see myself watching it past one ep, if that.

6 Bolders { 03.20.13 at 12:01 pm }

Miss Bryne has a unique challenge ahead of her given her boobage.

How’s she going to defy gravity and not tumble straight into the pool from her starting position?

7 Erin { 03.20.13 at 12:25 pm }

I’m confused about this show – does anyone know the format?? do they do a different dive each week??

8 Georgie { 03.20.13 at 12:36 pm }

Another challenge for Miss Brynne will be follow-through once she hits the water. I think she’ll pop back to the surface without completing the below water part of the dive.

9 Reality Raver { 03.20.13 at 12:55 pm }

Erin – they do a dive each week and sometimes a synchronised dive as well.

Georgie and Bolders lol

10 Carole { 03.20.13 at 1:35 pm }

I really don’t think I will bother with this show. I have enough to watch after Easter with Celebrity Apprentice & Great Australian Bake Off, plus all the dramas that are starting up/coming back. Think I will give this one a miss. I really don’t see the point of it.

11 Veronicali { 03.20.13 at 2:04 pm }

Denise! Brynne! I’ll give it a go if they are. Could be splashtastic. I’m confused by the pic though, are some of them cardboard cutouts?

lol Georgie

12 A.P { 03.20.13 at 6:50 pm }

As with most new reality shows, I will give it a go, it might be fun seeing Denise Drysdale trying to dive.
I guess these guys will be heavily insured due to possible injuries?
Leisel Jones and the surfer guy at least won’t be afraid to get wet, but some of the others like Brynne won’t like it much.

13 Francis Chu { 03.20.13 at 7:04 pm }

I would be more interested when they announce the hosts – especially the female host.

14 donae { 03.20.13 at 9:23 pm }

the U K version was described as tv’s biggest belly flop, perhaps we need to hit rock bottom before we get better programs

15 Daisy { 04.02.13 at 10:54 am }

After seeing the promos, not sure how the hell they will be able to make a show from this.

What’s next? Celebrities brush their teeth? Celebrities wipe their bums?

16 | reality ravings { 04.07.13 at 9:32 am }

[…] However who knows which of the cast will be diving on that day with news that the first injury has hit the celebrity ensemble.  The Age reports Laura Csortan has injured her neck after an awkward entry. The full cast which includes Brynne Edelsten and Josh Thomas can be found here. […]

17 Jen { 04.07.13 at 9:49 am }

How is Josh Thomas a reality tv slut? He has done masterchef: celebrities. It’s the only reality show I’ve seen him on. The rest of his tv appearances have been panel shows or comedy stand up spots. And of course his 10 episode TV scripted show ‘please like me’ that aired on ABC2 during February and March. Can you list any “reality” TV shows he’s been on apart from that one masterchef stint and now celebrity splash? I hardly reckon that makes him a reality tv slut.

18 Reality raver { 04.07.13 at 12:58 pm }

Jen – he was also on Celebrity ComeDine With Me Australia earlier this. Being a reality tv slut is not a negative thing!

19 Celebrity Splash – Larry and Kylie To Host | reality ravings { 04.21.13 at 9:38 am }

[…] full cast for the Australian version of the show […]