American Idol Ratings Falling – Are Ryan And Keith Going To Be The Scapegoats?

American Idol is still rating well but it is not the television force it once was it has shed 20 per cent of its ratings this year in its twelfth season. Don’t get me wrong it is still a show any Network would want but they will want to stop the drop so to speak.

The rumours circulating at the moment is that Ryan Seacrest may be replaced which is kind of a big deal considering he was been with the show since its inception. Hollywood Reporter is saying Ryan’s contract is up for this year and if he does not take a drop in salary he may be replaced with someone younger and cheaper.

The other issue is whether Keith Urban is bring it as a good judge for the American Idol format. Is he being too nice, and not being that reality TV buzzword controversial? Personally I think he gives good advice but his problem is he does sugar coat it. It does not mean you have to be mean but there are different ways of saying that was not great. Also the judges have to remember there are people “judging” on their sofas at home and they want their opinions validated by the professional judges.

News.com.au writes:

Urban supported comments by Idol mentor Jimmy Iovine who said it was time he and fellow judges Randy Jackson, Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj became more critical.“He is right,” Urban told People magazine. “It is not easy for us a lot of the time because we are just coming from a different place. We’re artists talking to a young artist on camera in front of millions of people, trying to give constructive criticism in a way that doesn’t humiliate them. I don’t ever want to humiliate somebody.”Urban says it is important to read the situation well before giving advice.“Sometimes they are in a particularly fragile state,” he says. “You can just see it. They are not ready for [criticism] to be delivered to them and I am going to defer in that situation. Someone else, it might look like they are listening … Then let’s talk about why [the performance] wasn’t so good and they’re receptive to that. I am trying to find balance always.”

Are you liking Keith Urban on Idol?

American Idol on Network TEN on Friday nights at 8.30pm

1 brain dead dave { 03.28.13 at 12:20 am }

If Keith Urban is concerned that the contestants are in a fragile state, he ought to see me after just a few minutes of watching this appalling freak show.

Randy Jackson was being brutally honest in the audition stages to an extent but all the judges are now in on the joke of trying to convince the public that these braying bozos have something unique to offer. They invariably don’t.

2 Georgie { 03.28.13 at 12:25 am }

Ltic bdd.

3 brain dead dave { 03.28.13 at 12:30 am }

Just once , Georgie, a judge should step up to the plate and say-

“Kid , you sound like a fart in a bucket”

It’s all wrong. Fabulous ,original artists like The Velvet Underground would never be allowed on American Idol.

4 Georgie { 03.28.13 at 12:36 am }

Some of the judges on these shows would qualify as freaks too bdd. Nikki, Mariah, Seal, Guy, Kyle…

5 Reality Raver { 03.28.13 at 9:59 am }

BDD well The Velvet Underground would have to try their luck on The X Factor as they are a band. To be fair I actually think these talent shows give people who would be rejected by record companies a chance to find an audience or have already been rejected by them.
Crystal Bowerstox who was a bit of hippie, Adam Lambert who would have been thought to be too flamboyant, Guy Sebastian, Darren Percival to old etc.

6 He's Not The Messiah, He's Just A Very Naughty Boy { 03.29.13 at 1:40 pm }

Fear not – Altiyan is going to The States now to become an international sensation. They should get him to judge.

7 xx { 03.30.13 at 11:08 am }

Keith urban is too old. Randy Jackson is too old. The younger demographic view them with ridicule and contempt. The older demographic also view them with growing suspicion when they constantly talk and act like teenagers. They should be replaced with younger, current and relevant music industry performers ie. the real deal.

8 brain dead dave { 03.30.13 at 11:20 am }

I certainly had a few laughs watching young people give a three hour Masterclass on how to destroy Motown songs last night. Awful.

Hitsville into Shitsville. Nowhere to run~ for the viewer/listener.

9 Georgie { 03.30.13 at 12:16 pm }

Muddy Waters was old and Robert Johnson was already dead, but their music had a profound affect on the likes of greats like Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones and they acknowledged that at every opportunity. Everyone is a world-beater these days, with no understanding of where they fit into the scheme of things.

10 Daisy { 03.30.13 at 12:50 pm }

I saw a bit of the openning last night. The style is very karaoke and old fashioned.

But Aussie Idol is daggy and mainstream too.

11 VittyfaltDoff { 04.10.13 at 1:48 pm }

When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each and every time a comment is added I get four emails using the same comment. Is there any way you’ll be able to get rid of me from that service? Thanks!

red soled shoes christian louboutin

12 runescape 2007 { 05.07.13 at 4:06 pm }

It’s awesome to pay a quick visit this web site and reading the views of all mates regarding this paragraph, while I am also zealous of getting knowledge.

13 Andrea { 05.10.13 at 6:14 pm }

RR, Is it true that ALL the judges have been sacked from American Idol as they had no chemistry together?
I heard it somewhere that only Ryan Seacrest is remaining and they want to get Justin Bieber to be a judge next time?

14 Littlepetal { 05.10.13 at 6:53 pm }
15 Andrea { 05.10.13 at 7:31 pm }

Thanks Littlepetal, I bet Keith Urban is sorry he left.
He would have been the only one I would have kept.

16 Andrea { 05.10.13 at 7:33 pm }

Whoops, I meant Keith would be sorry he left “The Voice” to do American Idol.

17 nanaliz { 05.10.13 at 7:44 pm }

Nicki and Mariah put me off the show from the start. Haven’t bothered since. Bieber would cut down the audience demographics to young ones IMO.

18 Andrea { 05.10.13 at 7:53 pm }

I agree, those two probably ruined that show.

19 nanaliz { 05.10.13 at 8:03 pm }

It seemed to be too much about themselves and the bitching at each other seemed forced. I’m not saying they like each other but there seemed too much acting out.

20 http://www.mahalo.com { 07.28.13 at 9:33 pm }

But there are a few tips in order to get that ideal crunch and taste.
KFC has been part of the American landscape for many many years and it really
is difficult to imagine the gap in modern life that would have been created had it
not been for all the special herbs and spices that have graced succulent pieces of chicken over
several decades. Cast iron cookware in the south are prized
heirlooms, handed down from generation to generation.

21 mini SAS { 07.28.13 at 10:10 pm }

Hi there! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you could have right here on this post.
I will likely be coming back to your blog for extra soon.

my web-site mini SAS

22 voyance { 11.30.13 at 5:40 am }

Because the admin of this website is working, no hesitation very soon it will be famous, due to its quality contents.