Survivor Caramoan – Cochran Is A Legend, Phillip Just Thinks He Is

Cochran deserves to win this season of Survivor not for his physical prowess or his work around camp but because of his role as narrator of the series.

In the last episode he came out with some classic oneliners including this classic about Phillip on  “You cannot make up this level of delusion, that is what excites me about playing with him”. In fact in my exit interview with Matt he said he did not think Phillip was a special agent!

Special Agent Phillip is delusional. He was talking about how strong he was as he sat there top off with his man boobs were drooping. He said because he powerlifts he was deceptively strong. He then proved his manhood by arm wrestling Cochran.

Corinne was not as enamoured by Phillip’s physical ability thinking he was just a tubby lard. They were both in an uneasy alliance with each other their knowledge of playing the game knowing they had to stick with their alliance just prevailed over their hatred of each other. Just.

As Cochran said Cochran said “There are so many fractures in his tribe and it is like a death sentence.”

Dawn also a bit over Phillip saying he was arrogant –  “Phillip sees all of his strengths and none of his weaknesses”.

The reward challenge was one of strength which was never going to bode well for the purple team as they are so physically weak. Each member had to carry 20 pounds whilst walking around a course. Phillip was leading them out because he was so strong, however when his teammates said we have to run  he finally confessed he was too tired to. It was inevitable they were lapped and the orange  team won the reward of going to a cafe on another island.

The alpha team were having a great time, particularly the fans as this was the first time they had won a challenge. Andrea was working Reynold and the other fans as she wanted them to think of the good times when she voted them out. However Malcolm was showing just how clever a player he is, when he formed an alpha male alliance with Reynold, Eddie and Erik because he said they would all have targets on their back once there was a merge. Who knew Erik was thought to be an alpha male?

Back on the purple tribe Phillip was working on Julia saying she was his double agent. It seems everyone thinks Julia is a non-entity.

Cochran thought Julia’s personality is like vanilla, however he thought saying that it was a disservice to vanilla as people actually clamour for vanilla products.

Julia thought her only way to survive was to do what he said. However she must have forgotten the bit about not telling anyone and she talked to Dawn about it. She did this as she was trying to feel out how the strong the alliance was with Phillip as she said to camera she thought the alliance must get sick of Phillip at some point as he is crazy.

Dawn said it was helpful to know that Julia was actually thinking, however she ran back to Phillip to tell him what Dawn had said. Because he felt she was  traitor he told Dawn he wanted Julia out. Have to say I lost a bit of respect for Dawn at that point.

Special Agent Phillip said “Julia has managed to commit several foo pax”. I think he meant faux pas

The immunity challenge was again a physical one involving rowing a boat and throwing a rope to gather keys. Phillip was the rope thrower and after their inevitable loss Phillip told Cochran he threw the challenge because he needed to get the fans off.

At this point knew it was bollocks and he said “you cannot make up this level of delusion, that is what excites me about playing with him”.

Phillip is delusional he  thinks he is playing a what would Boston Rob do strategy, but really it was about voting off who had slighted him off the most strategy. First it was Julia then he decided to piss Corrine off and target her “gay friend” Michael.

Interestingly it was a tied vote in tribal with three people voting for Michael and three for Julia, it was Dawn and Corrine who voted for Julia, and on the re-vote Julia was eliminated it would have been interesting if Cochran and Phillip both flipped their vote.

Next week the merge, thankfully for the purple team as they were just far too weak in challenges.

Also I found a funny blog post from The Red Mieni giving his view on the pros and cons of each this season’s players. It is worth clicking just to see the photo of  the cougarlicious photo of Sherri

1 Daisy { 03.29.13 at 3:18 pm }

Really? How did they get all the hot or nearly hot, young athletic Rigged. But am loving watching the dags struggle and Cochrane with the twinkle in his eye.

2 Sioux Denim { 03.29.13 at 4:55 pm }

This is the whole reason I am not a fan of returning players – it looks like they will all stay strong and one of the Faves win, they have had their bloody chance – in saying that though, it looks like Malcolm could do some damage in the coming weeks – lets hope so – would love a Fan to win but it really not looking good for them!

Cochran is a bloody hoot!

3 Carole { 03.29.13 at 5:50 pm }

I love Dawn’s facial expressions, they are hilarious. When Phillip was describing his ‘upper body strength’ the look on her face as she walked past him was a classic.

I’ve got news for Cochran, but I don’t clamour for vanilla products. I only have vanilla flavoured anything if there is no other flavour to choose from, it is boring and bland.

Phillip was ridiculous in that challenge. First he says he doesn’t want to be behind anyone else because he didn’t want any slow people holding him back, so he takes the lead, then when the others kept saying for him to run, he kept saying no, then in the end he says he is too tired.

4 Daisy { 03.29.13 at 7:10 pm }

Even though he would have watched that season by now, Phillip is still imagining that his success in getting so far with BR is because of his own abilities, rather than the fact that BR controlled him and used him. I also think the people aligning themselves with Phillip might be mistaken in the believe that they can play the exact same game that BR used and win. One major difference is that BR controlled Phillip whereas Phillip is controlling this mob. I hope the teams don’t merge foe another few weeks because it’ll be fun watching the weak, dag team keep losing under Phillip’s leadership.

5 Daisy { 03.29.13 at 7:11 pm }

Even though he would have watched that season by now, Phillip is still imagining that his success in getting so far with BR is because of his own abilities, rather than the fact that BR controlled him and used him. I also think the people aligning themselves with Phillip might be mistaken in the belief that they can play the exact same game that BR used and win. One major difference is that BR controlled Phillip whereas Phillip is controlling this mob. I hope the teams don’t merge for another few weeks because it’ll be fun watching the weak, dag team keep losing under Phillip’s leadership.

6 A.P { 03.29.13 at 7:49 pm }

I was disappointed in Dawn when she ran to Phillip to tell him what Julia had said and Phillip was angry because he had told Julia not to tell anyone what he had said.
Dawn was a hypocrite because she was doing exactly the same thing but couldn’t see it!
Love Cochrane, is this where JStar went to when he was MIA?

7 emp { 03.29.13 at 7:55 pm }

Brenda was hilarious during the reward challenge. I am sick of Phillip sucking the airtime though, wish they would get rid of the guy already.
I’m not surprised by the vote though Julia literally did not doing anything worthwhile the whole time she was there.

8 emp { 03.29.13 at 8:00 pm }

also again with the challenges that involve throwing/tossing!

9 Daisy { 03.29.13 at 8:35 pm }

Yes AP, Phillip makes my skin crawl, and Dawn made my skin crawl greasing up to him. Blaaaaaghhhkkkk!

10 PollyB { 03.29.13 at 10:18 pm }

I sooo want Cochran to win this time. And can anyone tell me WTF is going on with Dawn’s swimsuit/baby doll outfit? Bizarre! Does Phillip have a family? Is there any info on this guy? He really has no clue, I’d like to see him ditched.

11 A.P { 03.30.13 at 10:15 am }

Lets hope Cochran can win, he seems like a nice guy.
Dawn is too much like Lisa/Blair!

12 Me { 03.30.13 at 4:40 pm }

ahahah

13 Daisy { 03.30.13 at 9:14 pm }

Dawn was a bit painful in her previous season. I didn’t like her then, and I don’t like her now. If she really is the nice person she tries to make out she is, then how does she manage cosying up to Phillip, and running to him to rat on others.

14 Weeezza { 03.31.13 at 8:43 am }

It’s seems to me Dawn couldn’t see the difference between making Phil think that he’s running the game and actually running the game!

15 Reality Raver { 03.31.13 at 9:52 am }

Weeezza – LOL I think you are 100% correct.
Daisy – Exactly her likeability level has dropped.
Polly B – here is a link to his bio where he mentions a son and family http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/203564/ I thought I read last time he was on he was married as I was a bit shocked but don’t quote me on that.

Yes where is JStar he is far more observant then me on this show.

16 Daisy { 03.31.13 at 10:26 am }

The big guy Shazaam or whatever, you can understand that he probably does have PTS, but Phillip? I’d like to see him on Dr Phil for some reality diagnosis. Only Dr Phil would go easy on him because the ‘celeb’ episodes are usually a bit watered down. He puts is kid gloves on for the celebs and the stars in his eyes. I’m not sure if Phillip would qualify as a celeb but Dr Phil meets Agent Phil would be good if we got a glimpse into the mishmash that is in Phillips brain.

17 Carole { 04.04.13 at 9:25 am }

And tonight they are going to be eating larva and pigs brains!!!! Ewwwwww