Big Brother Australia Wanting Older People To Apply

The producers of Big Brother Australia are saying this year they are looking for older people to apply to be on the show.

Alex Mavroidis told SMH his ideal mix would be would be a combination of Generation Y, Generation X and baby boomer participants.

”I guess in an absolute ideal world, you’d have two people over 40, maybe four or five in their 30s and maybe six in their 20s. That feels like a good mix,” he said.

He also said ”What we don’t want to do is end up casting a house of wannabes.”

Well not sure happened last year as quite a few slipped through. However to be fair a high percentage of people who apply would be seeking the limelight.

Hopefully they will get a balance of people that were old and not just a few as they tend to get nominated by the younger people. But an  even mix of all ages with an above average IQ could make it very interesting indeed.

The article shows Andrea Fisher a 39 year old librarian is applying for the show and people like that could be very interesting indeed. We don’t need the dumb good looking types like Ryan or George, even with them hooking up with some of the girls did not add anything to the show.

Mr Mavroidakas appears to be on board with this idea

‘We really want men in suits, mums – you know, professional people who you’d look at and think, ‘There’s no way they’re going to get on Big Brother‘ – this year, we want them,” Mr Mavroidakis said.

So if you fill that brief and were hesitant to apply, do so, this year you might get on and spare Big Brother fans from the usual stream of himbos and bimbos.

Auditons are currently occurring and will be in Melbourne and Sydney in the coming weeks. For more information on how to audition go to the official website here.

Big Brother Australia on NINE later this year.

1 A.P { 03.31.13 at 6:31 pm }

I hope this is true and we get some older people, its much more interesting.
Daisy and BDD please apply, you have years of worldly experience.
Sadly, my daughter is still going to apply, if she gets on you won’t see me on this blog unless everyone is nice to her LOL!

2 Littlepetal { 03.31.13 at 7:17 pm }

Yes, would love to see BDD and Daisy on Big Brother. That will be the only time I will watch Big Brother.

3 brain dead dave { 03.31.13 at 7:29 pm }

Show me the money, Alex!. I’m edgier than a broken pisspot.

Not sure I have the sugar coating and arse licking skills to avoid being nom nommed every week. I swear too much for prime time.Thanks for the support, A.P. and Littlepetal.

I’d sign up with RR’s consultancy for the application process, however.

4 Reality Raver { 03.31.13 at 8:06 pm }

BDD – I will give you a freebie if you apply.

5 Reality Raver { 03.31.13 at 8:17 pm }

But just remember BDD there will be people talking about you on the social media!

6 brain dead dave { 03.31.13 at 9:45 pm }

I never read Twitter, Facebook or go to the official websites, RR, so I won’t give a **** what those ***** say. Any unwary bloggers who want to diss my appearance and character will have to come here to give me a caning. By then, I’ll be “famous” , have 250 gorillas in the sky rocket and my own radio show/media career sewn up. It’s all good.

7 littlepetal { 03.31.13 at 9:49 pm }

Well BDD. that is what Smiley Sam is doing. From his Linkedln profile

‘Recently a contestant on My Kitchen Rules Season 4, known as “Smiley Sam”.

Looking to pursue a career in the media, however if unsuccessful, hoping to jump across from Marketing to Advertising.’

8 Daisy { 03.31.13 at 10:04 pm }

It’d be a laugh, especially if BDD was there but they won’t let me bring a big enough case for my Nanna meds.

Still those meds might buy me a few noms.

9 brain dead dave { 03.31.13 at 10:08 pm }

Littlepetal, did you see Jess on The Biggest Loser tonight, being called out for going on the show only for the “fame”? I couldn’t stop laughing.

This “I was on MKR, therefore I am” schtick is deplorable, too. Sam’s lights are burning bright, but ain’t nobody home.

10 Daisy { 03.31.13 at 10:20 pm }

LittlePetal YOU could win BB because you’re sweet and everyone would keep you in for your cooking.

11 Izobel2 { 03.31.13 at 10:23 pm }

Hey BDD if u went on BB u could get a massive photo of yourself on a billboard like your fave ginger cockroach on the corner of Henley Bch Rd and Hardys Rd. I think of you when I drive by.

And yes Daisy would LOVE to see you on BB!

12 Daisy { 03.31.13 at 10:24 pm }

I said it before. You guys just want to see me naked in the shower.

13 Littlepetal { 03.31.13 at 10:27 pm }

Daisy, you must be kidding. How do you know I am sweet. Remember I have a killer stare.o-o. Secondly I have stage fright. Can’t even speak in public. Only got better when I was doing a course at TAFE and have to keep giving presentations in front of the class.
I did my education in Malaysia and Singapore and we were never given the opportunities to speak in the class.

14 Izobel2 { 03.31.13 at 10:40 pm }

It’s funny Littlepetal I imagine you as sweet too!

15 brain dead dave { 03.31.13 at 10:43 pm }

Being sweet means you can “fly under the radar” and the producers will love your killer stare for the promos.

I’ll stay away from that billboard Izobel 2 but I’ve seen the ginger roach on posters on buses. I figure I’ll spot him in the wild somewhere soon.

16 A.P { 03.31.13 at 10:48 pm }

If we all went in we could talk for hours and hours about reality tv, it would be a lot of fun.

17 Daisy { 03.31.13 at 10:49 pm }

Or it might mean they’ll say Little Petal come and sleep in MY bed.

18 Littlepetal { 03.31.13 at 10:49 pm }

Thank you, ladies. Just put it this way, I find it hard to say no. I may grumble a lot but I usually give in and help out.

Please don’t change the subject. We want Daisy and BDD on BB, not this boring baby boomer.

19 Daisy { 03.31.13 at 10:51 pm }

Little Petal I wouldn’t kast 2 weeks because I’d tell them all to eat with their mouths closed.

20 A.P { 03.31.13 at 10:56 pm }

Jess has no chance of fame BDD, she must be delusional!
Littlepetal, I think of you as a gentle flower.

21 Littlepetal { 03.31.13 at 10:56 pm }

But we will have 2 weeks of you giving to the Gen Y and telling them how silly and naive they are.

22 Littlepetal { 03.31.13 at 11:00 pm }

You are all very wrong as my name is actually a very poisonous plant.

23 Daisy { 03.31.13 at 11:01 pm }

I wouldn’t do that Lttle Petal. I’m silly and naive myself. I quite the younguns really. Although their grammar might be like like a finger nail on a chalk board.
I don’t drink so BDD could have my share of the booze.

24 Daisy { 03.31.13 at 11:03 pm }

LittlePetal @22. Miaow! You have been flying under the radar. You little Lucy Lui!

25 Izobel2 { 03.31.13 at 11:04 pm }

What colour team is Jess? I watched the first ep and thought that the pink team looked like they were posing for the cameras.

26 Littlepetal { 03.31.13 at 11:07 pm }

Jess is in the red team and the pink team do behave like they do like the camera.

27 brain dead dave { 03.31.13 at 11:09 pm }

Jess and her Pop were the red team.They got booted out tonight, but they’ll get a chance to get back in, depending how they go on “the outside”.Jess will need to lay off the 4 litre tubs of ice cream and Fred Flintstone sized steaks. Oh , and the pies. How much sauce can you fit onto a pie,ffs?

28 Littlepetal { 03.31.13 at 11:19 pm }

Is Jess the one that eat in bed?

I was laughing at poor KeV. Cher was allowed 1000cals a day and so is poor KeV. I don’t know why they always use this magic number. If I want to lose weight, I will also have to limit myself to 1000cals a day but I am only 1/4 the weight of Big keV.

Also Shannan doesn’t believe that KeV has an injury. Shannan should try moving around with 160kg on his back.

29 brain dead dave { 03.31.13 at 11:23 pm }

Yep, Jess is the one who eats in bed. She’d eat in her sleep if she could.

The treatment of Big Kev tonight from Shannan and Michelle was appalling. Awful ,shallow people. Unprofessional to the max. Who are they to say Big Kev is lying with the fraudulent claims they make advertising the Nature’s Way garbage they pimp?

30 Izobel2 { 03.31.13 at 11:23 pm }

Thanks for the info. I remember the ice cream tub girl. That’s scary eating that amount before 9am.

31 Littlepetal { 03.31.13 at 11:28 pm }

Shannan does the same with his clients. He gets his obese clients run outside.

32 A.P { 03.31.13 at 11:30 pm }

Why weren’t they happy with Big Kev losing 13kilos?
I would think that was a massive amount to lose, it wouldn’t be easy for him.

33 Veronicali { 04.01.13 at 9:25 am }

Didn’t Michelle say Kev was lying about how much he ate? She better have video to back that up. Surely he’s watched this show before and knows there’re cameras in the fridge and pantry! He did ok, it was his mum that wanted to coddle him and tuck him back into bed. See her stink eye when he turned up to last chance training!

34 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 11:05 am }

No RR addicts would be able to go on BB.
The withdrawals would be too ugly.

We’d be going, “I wonder what’s happening on RTV?”

35 brain dead dave { 04.01.13 at 11:17 am }

The BB promo I just saw is asking for people “over 30” to apply. It’s little discouraging, as I’m over 50. Just the recycled footage of Stacey and the Ginger Cockroach having mindless ‘fun’ gives me cold feet.

These are people I wouldn’t stop to piss on. I will think it over for a day or two, however.

36 littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 11:20 am }

Isn’t over 50 is over 30?

37 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 11:20 am }

I guess over 30 is what they think of as old people.

They need an over 50 to make some good scones with jam and cream.
I make killer scones BTW

38 littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 11:25 am }

Daisy, I have a very good friend in Perth and she is asking me to visit her one day. If I do go to Perth one day, I would like to meet you and you can cook for me !!!!!! I love curries BTW.

39 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 11:30 am }

LittlePetal you are absolutley ON!!!!! Bring your hubby.
Lotus and I would be so excited to cook for you. Plus I have plenty of room for a stay. I live on an acre and will spoil you. Rolf will cook for you too. He’s a big fan of yours.
Rolf and I love cooking curries, Thai, Malay, Indian whatever you like.
I’ll get RR to give you my details.

40 littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 11:39 am }

Gee, Rolf is my biggest fan as I only have one fan.

41 brain dead dave { 04.01.13 at 11:47 am }

Oh , come on Littlepetal. You’re one of my favourite bloggers here and if we were in the BB house, I would never nominate you.

42 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 12:00 pm }

Littlepetal, Emma has the go-ahead to give you my email ad.

BDD people like Littlepetal, Izobel, Stacey and others don’t realize how much they are liked. That’s because unlike me, they are modest and humble.

43 littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 12:07 pm }

I like your bold approach, Daisy and BDD. Something that I like to be but just find it hard to do because I am afraid that I upset people. I am bolder now, if that is the word. As you get older, you just don’t give a s**t what people think.

44 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 12:12 pm }

Just be who you are LittleP, it’s working well for you.

45 A.P { 04.01.13 at 12:18 pm }

You get bolder the longer you stay on this blog.

46 brain dead dave { 04.01.13 at 12:20 pm }

They’re just reality tv contestants…it’s not like they’re good people.

47 A.P { 04.01.13 at 12:26 pm }

It would be funny if all the regulars here were in the BB house because we are all such nice people that we could never nominate any of us ( except maybe Golo)
We could stay and never leave until they chucked us out.
I nominate Daisy, Anna and Littlepetal to do all the cooking, I will be happy to wash up after!

48 Golo i Wesolo { 04.01.13 at 2:41 pm }

Bullies, feel free to apply.

49 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 2:46 pm }

I wonder if BB producers make sure they have a bully or two after the reaction over last year’s bullying.
If it BB ends up standing for Big Bullies, I’ll 100% be tuning out, especially if they win.