My Kitchen Rules To Go Head To Head With The Voice

My Kitchen Rules had been placed as against the first episode of The Voice Australia next Sunday in a move to try and put a dent in the talent shows inevitable rating haul.

Both of the shows will screen before the Logies at 6.30pm this Sunday.

The Daily Telegraph writes that My Kitchen Rules will have a special episode where one of the eliminated teams will have an opportunity to win their way back into the competition and be in the finals week.

The episode is a service challenge in judges Colin Fassnidge’s restaurant 4Fourteen.

It is a clever strategy, however My Kitchen Rules and SEVEN might want to take note from the Masterchef Australia Final and The Renovators debacle from a few years ago when viewers turned off because they thought TEN were being too tricky and not treating them with respect. It ended up being a big public relations disaster for the Network and the program.

Also the other issue is that Colin Fassnidge may have accidentally  let out a spoiler recently about who wins the challenge and returns to the show!

It is also a controversial move to bring back a team to be parachuted straight into finals week. Fans are always divided on the fairness of this on the basis they have already been eliminated, and they also come back into the competition rested and refreshed.

Also the cooking has been so bad this season do any of the teams deserve a second chance?

What do you think  about The Voice and MKR going head to head, and also do you think it is fair teams are getting another chance?

My Kitchen Rules – Monday to Thursday this week at 7.30pm with an extra episode next Sunday on SEVEN.

The Voice Australia airs on Sunday at 6.30pm and continues Monday to Wednesday at 7.00pm.

Go to  My Kitchen Rules Memes Facebook page for more funny memes.

1 Daisy { 03.31.13 at 10:08 pm }

Sorry Little Petal. You just ask the person.

2 Daisy { 03.31.13 at 10:11 pm }

We just had a great Easter party/birthday party. Samurai won a scholarship in his neuro-physics course so they’re paying him now, so that was good news.

3 A.P { 03.31.13 at 11:04 pm }

Daisy @48, I have been known to ask that question recently as you know!!!!!
Very embarrassing.

4 Daisy { 03.31.13 at 11:07 pm }

Noo noo nooo AP, not embarrassing. Just very funny.

5 Littlepetal { 03.31.13 at 11:10 pm }

Rumours have been floating around about who won MKR.

6 A.P { 03.31.13 at 11:15 pm }

Who do they say the winners are?

7 Littlepetal { 03.31.13 at 11:24 pm }

Sorry, can’t mention it here. But we can guess. I don’t think it will be Kerrie and Craig or Andi and Josh as they hardly do any promo for the show. Lately there are lots of news and promo from Jake and Elle, Bondi boys, Sam and Chris and Dan and Steph.

8 Anna { 04.01.13 at 10:01 am }

Dare I guess that Bondi guys won… They are cooking on sunrise today

In a word BORING

9 A.P { 04.01.13 at 10:09 am }

It more than likely would be two boys winning this year as two girls won last year.

10 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 10:11 am }

Although Today and Sunrise are both padded with boring stuffing, out of the two I prefer watching Sunrise ONLY when Andrew and Sam are on. Andrew’s crazy, Sam’s gorgeous and even more stunning latley. I think she’s lost a few kgs. But there is a fly in the ointment this morning…the cringeworthy Mel.

11 littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 10:39 am }

I am just the opposite, Daisy. I can’t stand Andrew. Yes, he is funny but he doesn’t know when to be funny and when not to. After a while everything is a joke to him. I turn the TV off whenever Andrew is on

Sam is looking gorgeous. Yes, she has lost some weight. Didn’t believe her when she was on DWTS and said she is a Size 10 or 12.

Anna-The Bondi boys have been busy. They were at the Easter show on Sat and Sun at the House Rules stand/booth and taking pictures with the audience. Why would you want to pay the exorbitant entrance fee to see them? Not me. My guess is they will be very close to be the winner of MKR and with the rumour that Ch7 has signed up Luke for 12 months. Can’t see the attraction with Luke.

If for cooking and looks, give me Nic and Rocco anytime even though I wanted Princess Jen to win last year.

12 Anna { 04.01.13 at 11:44 am }

Littlepetal, I agree ! I don’t see the attraction with Luke either.

Nic & Rocco were gorgeous & they were able to cook !!!

13 layla { 04.01.13 at 11:49 am }

I will pick ANYTHING over The Voice. You want to be a recording artist? Well go out there and do it the same way all your heroes before you did. Not by going on some reality show. I do think The Voice will beat MKR in the ratings which is a shame.

Anyway, I saw a photo of Jenna on instagram taken by someone and she said to them that she doesn’t know who wins the series as they filmed two possible outcomes (as they did last year) so rumours aside, we really don’t know.

I do like the Bondi Boys. I think they’re nice guys and encouraging healthy eating to a country that has a high rate of obesity is needed. Will the average middle class viewer attempt to cook their food? Probably not, but I’d rather them show them cooking a meal then some fat ass showing everyone how to cook a 5 layer chocolate cheesecake.

14 brain dead dave { 04.01.13 at 11:59 am }

The Bondi Ken Dolls just don’t work for me. I agree that more healthy eating should be encouraged but it being done by a couple of beige wankers on a cooking soapie is another matter. I’d rather see it done in schools by accredited nutritionists.

15 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 1:10 pm }

The Bondees are on Sunrise now in the west.
Lukes(?) hair is looking dangerously close to the the doggy doo-do.
As you know by now I live in a hick town where the fashion is still haute-bogune. I also noticed Manu leaning toward the doggy-doo do, so I have a question.
Is the doggy-doo do the new rage in Melbourne? Guys you’re better off bald.

Haven’t seen a really good hair fashion for men for years. Oh not true, I liked the fifties look curly haired up-side that one of Reece Masterson’s band members wore. It reminded me of a fashionable version of my real dad’s navy photo.

BTW for anyone who might find this interesting, my real dad died at 28, leaving a widow and 3 kidsunder 4 years, because he was sent to Montebelos in the fifties. (after nuclear testing).

16 Morgan { 04.01.13 at 1:40 pm }

I have to say I enjoyed the week off from MKR.

If K&C or L&S win, it’ll be a disappointing end to a very disappointing season.

17 littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 1:51 pm }

Can’t see K&C winning. They have not done any promotions for the show at all.

Daisy, I lost my dad when I was 6 years old. Mum did not remarry and brought the 2 of us up by working as a cashier in the bank. Unfortunately she died young too and I didn’t spend quality time with her. I always tell people to treasure their parents because when they are gone you cannot tell them how must you love them.

18 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 2:40 pm }

I’m sorry to hear that Littlepetal. Look how well you turned out in spite of that. I hope, like me, you landed on your feet.
I am looking forward to your visit, whenever that is. We live semi-rural.

19 A.P { 04.01.13 at 2:47 pm }

So sad Littlepetal, totally agree with you, those lucky to still have parents, cherish them.

20 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 2:55 pm }

I’m wondering what happened to Moonstruck, who had the hots for Jenna? Where are you Moonstruck?

21 littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 3:04 pm }

Daisy, this one for you

Didn’t realise that he is known as Celebrity Trainer

22 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 3:40 pm }

Littlepetal he looks EXACTLY like the horrible rubber model of Beavis or Butthead that either CB or Dr T posted. EXACTLY.

Not a good look.

23 Anna { 04.01.13 at 4:51 pm }

MKR is back today, cannot say that I’ve missed it LOL … looking forward to Masterchef US on ch1 at 5pm

24 littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 4:54 pm }

Thanks for the reminder, Anna

25 Anna { 04.01.13 at 5:10 pm }

Littlepetal, welcome :-)

It’s season 1… watched it on youtube… it’s miles ahead of ours… the judges, the produce. None of that Coles crap… everything is local and organic.

Contestants have bigger personalities as well…

26 Littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 5:42 pm }

Anna, I love the no nonsense from the judges, especially Gordon Ramsay,even though I don’t like his foul mouth. Can’t stand the theatrical behavior of the Aussie judges.

27 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 5:55 pm }

There was a comedian on ABC24 this morning. Did anyone see him. I wasn’t really watching but Rolf was laughing at him saying something about a new look ch10 owned by Gina Reinhart. I think he made a joke about new shows; Who wants to be a Billionaire and the MC judges being contestants on TBL.

28 Anna { 04.01.13 at 5:59 pm }

Littlepetal, I love Ramsay… he is no nonsense and calls them as he sees them. Not crazy about Joe, but he knows restaurant business…

Waiting to see 2 of my favorite contestants from this Season…

29 littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 6:12 pm }

There must be more than one challenges for the eliminated contestants. On the official website they are promoting the coming challenge at Colin’s kitchen. 4 teams are in that challenge. Mick and Matt, Samuel and Ali, Angela and Melina and Keiran and Nastassia. No mention of the team that will be eliminated this Wed.

The site also mentioned the Pete and Manu will pick the worst dish. Thus the remaining 3 teams will continue to cook again? Also all this are happening without the other teams knowledge.

30 Anna { 04.01.13 at 6:14 pm }

Too many twits and turns, drama drama drama and not much cooking…

31 Anna { 04.01.13 at 8:12 pm }

Not giving anything away BUT the ‘cheat gate’ is total BS. Guess Kerrie and Craig have been paying attention to Curtis & his you can create delicious meal for 4 just for $10 crap

32 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 8:25 pm }

Is DLS finished there yet?

33 Littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 8:32 pm }

What is DLS, Daisy?

34 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 8:33 pm }

Daylight saving. We don’t have it. Yay!

35 Littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 8:37 pm }

I thought it was some kind of show. DLS finishes next weekend

36 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 8:40 pm }

Thanks. It’s good to know how far we are behind when catching up over the shows.

37 Anna { 04.01.13 at 8:48 pm }

I hope DLS gets abolished

Re MKR, so sick and tired of the judges praising the Bratz from the get go, even before tasting the dish

38 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 8:55 pm }

Anna, we voted against it here. Then, if memory serves me, we had a year’s trial forced on us to see if we would change our minds. We didn’t. Then after a few years we had a bloody 3 year trial FORCED on us again. Do they think we are idiots, that we don’t know what we want? You can bet your bottom dollar another trial will be forced on us until whoever it is that is pushing for this wins and that will be the end of the imposed trials. Ahhh! Just fine tuning democracy I suppose.

39 Anna { 04.01.13 at 9:18 pm }

No one ever asks us anything in NSW ….

Quick note on US MC, from memory there were only 13 or 15 episodes. Clean, easy to watch an zero BS from the judges.

If you are good, you go through, if you cough up.. you are out.

Still waiting us to follow the US example

40 A.P { 04.01.13 at 9:58 pm }

I enjoyed this first episode of US MC, I think some of the contestants got through with their interesting personalities, it looks like a good show.
We had a 1 year trial of Daylight Saving as well years ago but they won’t bring it in.
I can’t wait for it to be over in other states so that we are not an hour behind all the time, look at the BB debacle, it was filmed in QLD but we never saw it live, especially the eliminations and finale, so ridiculous.

41 Morgan { 04.01.13 at 10:13 pm }

Tonight was an absolute farce! Kerrie and Craig get called out for using a pre made curry paste but don’t get punished for it, and are allowed to win People’s Choice. What a joke! I’m so over Luke and Scott, they’re continually getting by with minimal cooking effort. Josh and Andi’s dish may not have looked good but there was a lot more effort put into it. But that’s just my opinion.

42 Littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 10:27 pm }

I knew Josh and Andi’s dish will be the worst dish. The amount of 5 spice powder they used will make the dish taste really yakky. The taste is so overpowering that you can only use a pinch of it.

I put it in my plum sauce and I don’t like the taste if I put a tad too much. Imagine using that to make sauce.

With $10 L&S should not be cooking with quinoa. Why no one make pasta is beyond me. You will have the carbs taken care of and you can then use can tomatoes to make the sauce and some meat for protein.

I checked the recipes on the MKR site and they were using capsicums. Most time capsicums are expensive.

43 Christina { 04.01.13 at 11:16 pm }

So frustrating that one team all had to cook Asian dishes just because A&S wanted them too. There seemed to be some attempts at standing up to them, but not much. And even when they did it doesn’t seem to matter (ie Josh argue for his rice but the girls used noodles anyway). I really appreciate they may cook good Asian (although completely agree with Manu that the noodles needed sauce and flavour…and that’s at least twice they have done that)…am really sick of them, sigh.

44 Daisy { 04.02.13 at 12:04 am }

I’m happy with the result because all I wanted was for A&S to not win.

I don’t get, and help me out here if you like, how is using a spiced powder mix different from using a paste? I would think where possible in cooking shows all spices should be fresshly ground, but if you allow pkt spices, I don’t see why a paste isn’t allowed. The difference is water.

Yeah Little Petal Chinese 5 spice is so pungent. Andi and Josh’s dish must have been disgusting.

45 Daisy { 04.02.13 at 12:15 am }

BDD next week check out Bastards in Benidorm (8.30) and the Dudesons in America (9.00) on SBS2. They’re mad but there’s a chance you might enjoy either or both.
OMG These Dudesons are idiots. Do you like seeing idiots causing themselves untold pain? Right now they’re sliding down bannisters with a pole at the end. If I was a guy it would be bringing tears to my eyes.

46 Christina { 04.02.13 at 8:46 am }

Daisy I tend to agree, very curious!

47 Julie { 04.02.13 at 9:29 am }

Without trying to spoil things, (if they haven’t yet been awarded a place on the show) for those of you watching US Masterchef season 1 one of the contestants blogged their time on the show

48 epistemysics.wordpress.com { 05.24.13 at 9:31 pm }

Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d like to shoot you
an e-mail. I’ve got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.