The Biggest Loser – The First Elimination

Well the Big Kev not turning up for last chance training was over sold in the promos by the time Michelle Bridges got to the he was dressed and ready to go. His reason for not coming was he had sore feet.

His mum wasn’t looking too impressed or encouraging when he actually arrived you wonder if she really wants to be there. Though she is not very expressive, she looks like she has had a tough life.

It was time for the weigh in where one person would be going home:

• Robyn lost 6.4 kg and was now 98kgs and Kate was 121kgs losing 7kgs.
  • Chris lost 8.6 kgs and he was now 134.8kgs and Mark lost 11.4kgs to weigh 142.4 kgs.
  • Gerard lost 8 kgs to weigh 137 kgs and Todd losing 6.2 kg to weigh 105.5 kg.
  • Richard lost 7.2 kgs to weigh 126.1 kg and Amber lost 4.3 kg to weigh 103 kg even with a one kilo weigh lost advantage they were still at the bottom at the time the ladder at the time of their weigh in. It was queried whether Amber had actually worked hard enough this week.
  • Kevin lost 13.2 kgs to weigh 241.5 kgs and Rosemary lost 8.3 kgs t weigh 91.8 kgs.  Rosemary looked happyish, but fired up when Michelle Bridges queried whether Kevin had done enough this week and had been taking proper control of his diet. She told Michelle she had been sitting next to him when he had been eating. But Michelle was not buying it saying he as lying.
  • Janet lost 5.5 kgs and now weighs 94.2 kgs and Kirsten weighs 88.9 kgs losing 5.0 kgs.
  • Anita lost 9.6 kgs weighing 108 kgs and Cher lost 11.2 kgs now weighing 161 kgs they were on top of the leader board.
  • Mandy lost 6.5 kgs to now weigh 99.3 kgs and Brett lost 8.8 kgs to weigh 166 kgs.
  • Sam lost 4.9 kgs to weigh 116 kgs and Jess lost 6.5 kgs  now weighing 123.2 kgs. They also had a one kilogram weight loss advantage.

It was Sam and Jess, and Richard and Amber in the bottom two, which says that even though they both had the one kilogram advantage it did not help.

Only one person from each team was going to vote.

Richard thought he should stay because he brought a certain “oomph” to the house. “You’ve got to be around successful people to be successful” he said.  He was honest and did saying that it was a competition that strategy was involved.

Have to be honest this much touted personality was not coming across on screen.

His line was saying that chances are they would be in the bottom again as they had landed there two weeks in a row. Richard said they were not a threat. He also went on to say that Jess had made it clear in the first week that she was here for fame and nothing else.

Neither of the girls were able to speak to their own defence on why they should stay. Jess’s dad said that she needed to stay because she at 21 years of age was a  step mother to an eleven year old, and she needed to be a role model.

Kirsten pretended her vote for Sam and Jess was because they would be stronger on the outside but it was really about voting to save her buddy Amber. As was Cher’s who wanted to save Jess. Gerard voted for Sam and Jess because they were on the bottom.  The rest voted on which team had truly supported them.

In the end Sam and Jess were eliminated however they will have a second chance to get back on the show at some stage.

They appear to have been keeping it going on the outside with a total weigh loss of 34 kgs since day one.

Tomorrow night an ambulance arrives after a training session. Do they push the contestants that hard just so they can have the flashing lights turn up and create drama?

The Biggest Loser Australia on Sunday to Tuesday nights on TEN at 7.30pm.

1 Veronicali { 04.01.13 at 9:40 am }

Michelle better bring the video evidence if she says Kev’s lying. Maybe coddling mum’s sneaking Kev food while she tucks him into bed.
What sort of fame does Jess think she could get? Will Amber still be sponging off her ‘rents in 10 years time?
It was hardly a BL world first to tell them they’ve a chance to get back in – they do that every year!

2 seepi { 04.01.13 at 9:59 am }

I struggled to tell the difference between the evicted couples until last night, and now one has gone!

Amber does not seem like she has much motivation for anything much at all. I’m guessing she will still be at home in 10 years, and still eating maccas in bed.

I’m still stunned her dad buys her maccas and brings it into her room for her to eat in bed. I’m not health freak, but that is just so wrong.

3 A.P { 04.01.13 at 10:16 am }

I thought it was disgraceful the way Big Kev was treated last night. What about encouraging him more and praising him for losing 13.2 kilos?
That is a massive effort, imagine anyone trying to lose that amount in a week or so!
Of course he would have sore feet carrying all that weight and to his credit he got up and dressed before Michelle even knocked at his door, such a beat up!
As for Jess’s so called “fame”? NO CHANCE.

4 Sonia { 04.01.13 at 10:28 am }

Yeh I’ve got a soft spt for Kev and hope he does well. Getting out of bed must be such an effort. The ads for this week did seem to indicate he has been sneaking though but I’m sure he’s not the only one. You would have to be a food addict to get in to that weight position. Was really hoping amber old be out of there.

5 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 10:55 am }

Is this where I write that I ate a pack of mixed lindt chocolates in bed while playing freecell. Mmmmmmm.
Big Ted or whoever isn’t the only one getting beaten by food.
59kgs and climbing.

6 brain dead dave { 04.01.13 at 10:56 am }

Bring on the Spambulance, then. It happens every year. Yawn.

Big Kev’s non appearance at training seemed contrived and rehearsed. It was made the centrepiece of Ch 10’s relentless sabre rattling promos for the entire week. Perhaps his mother is coddling him but props to her for standing up to mouthy Michelle.

Of course, Shannan and Michelle would never lie.

Richard brings some “oomph” to the house? . When a medicine ball is thrown into Uncle Fester’s gut ,perhaps there’s an “oomph”, otherwise it’s just the bleating of a deluded fatty with tickets on itself. Like RR, I’m asking myself exactly where this alleged awesome personality is and I’d be intrigued to know what his criteria for “succeess” might be, because I’m only seeing a self serving whale blowing smoke up it’s own quoit , with a lazy, dumpy daughter to boot. He’s a Richard ,alright.

Can anyone name me one contestant who has become “famous” because of The Biggest Loser? Jess will be remembered for wolfing down 4 litre tubs of ice cream, pies drowned in sauce and enormous pieces of steak.

7 seepi { 04.01.13 at 10:57 am }

We only have the other Dad’s word that jess was after fame. she could have just said ‘weehaa we’re on tv’ or something.

I actually have a bad feeling for both Cher and Kevin that they won’t lose much. to get so big at such young ages, they must have very ingrained bad habits and lack of self control.

8 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 10:58 am }

Chrissie Swan?

I love drawing Gina Reinhart.

9 A.P { 04.01.13 at 11:05 am }

I wonder what Margie looks like these days?
Daisy@5, 59kilos is nothing, I am 64kilos and would love to get under 60kilos but it hasn’t happened for years.
You can afford to eat a few more eggs Daisy without worrying.

10 brain dead dave { 04.01.13 at 11:09 am }

Chri$$ie Swan was a product of Big Brother. But I totally understand people thinking she ‘s an alumnus of TBL.

11 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 11:09 am }

AP… Eggs, meringues, hm sausage rolls, tuna croquettes, samosas, some delicious Japanese rice ball thingies…….there all there in my fridge after Easter.
I’ll soon catch up to you.

12 A.P { 04.01.13 at 11:10 am }

Chrissie Swan wasn’t on the BL but she should have been Daisy.
She was runner up in Big Brother to Reggie.

13 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 11:10 am }

BDD I knew that. I was being evil.

14 A.P { 04.01.13 at 11:12 am }

Great minds think alike!

15 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 11:17 am }

On people NOT sitting around eating, how amazing is that guy, Samuel Johnson, riding around Australia on a unicylce raising money for breast cancer.

16 littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 11:19 am }

This one for you A.P. Margie has become a personal trainer and runs bootcamp.

I think I have watched too many Biggest Loser. The tears and all the sob story didn’t work for me. Also all the drama is no drama at all as we have seen it all. Yawn !!!! Just watching to past time.

I still can’t see Katie joining the army. She cries for no reason. She has a pretty face and she is too hard on herself when she fails. If she can’t accept the fact that sometimes you may not the results you want but you just have to get over it and try again. Don’t like her mother.

I do like Gerald and Todd. They have the right frame of mind and get the job done. I really want them to do well.

17 A.P { 04.01.13 at 11:25 am }

Thanks for that Littlepetal.
Good on her for keeping the weight off and being a personal trainer.

18 Jason Hunter { 04.01.13 at 12:22 pm }

What can we learn from the Biggest Loser?
• Exercise is painful and something to be endured.
• You need to exercise for hours on end.
• Weight loss needs to be fast and at all costs.
• Don’t ease into exercise…….smash yourself from day one.
• Crying is part of a normal day at the gym.
• “Last Chance Workouts” magically burn off weight in minutes.
• If you are eating healthily a good idea is to occasionally pop a giant plate of donuts in front of yourself and then force yourself to eat them.
• Trainers should be bullies.

So how can the Biggest Loser help you lose weight?
Every time the show starts, get out of your comfy chair and go for a one hour walk!

19 A.P { 04.01.13 at 12:28 pm }

Good advice Jason.

20 brain dead dave { 04.01.13 at 1:01 pm }

Again the promos for tonight are all about Big Kev and his “lying”.

The “hidden” cameras are employed again for Kev’s “Big Bust”.

The reptilian Shannan and Michelle are shaming him again. I firmly believe these celebrity trainers are doing more harm than good.

21 Daisy { 04.01.13 at 1:14 pm }

If Rolf had come in with a camera last night, and caught me in bed playing freecell and eating Lindt (found some on my pj’s this morning-oooh gross), with wrappers spread around me and guilt on my face, I’d let him post it on RR. More decadent that that raunchy Easter bunny.

22 littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 1:53 pm }

More important is did you enjoy those Lindt chocolate?

As I mentioned before that I did not have Easter eggs or bunnies this year but I have Chocolate Mousse Cake yesterday. It was like going to heaven. Still have some for today and tomorrow……

23 Angel86 { 04.01.13 at 3:44 pm }

Has anyone else seen the Daily Telegraph article online about 2 teams being kicked off due to an inappropriate relationship? Could explain why some early press releases mentioned 9 couples.

24 brain dead dave { 04.01.13 at 4:55 pm }

You mean this,Angel86?

Another source I looked at suggested at least one of the participants is underaged..

25 littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 4:59 pm }

Thanks Angel86 for the info.

From The Daily Telegraph

THE reality TV show has reportedly been hit with yet another controversy, amid allegations of a sexual relationship between contestants.

Rumours surfaced last week that two unnamed contestants on Ten’s weight loss show formed an inappropriate relationship at the start of filming, New Idea magazine is reporting.

The discovery resulted in producers being forced to take the families of both involved off the hit show and re-write them out of the series.

A spokesperson for Channel Ten confirmed the rumours to New Idea, saying: “Very early in the process of putting together The Biggest Loser: the Next Generation, there was an event involving some contestants.

“In line with our strict duty of care obligations, the incident was referred to the relevant authorities. Therefore, we cannot comment any further other than to say that [the] contestants were unable to continue with the show.”

Channel Ten declined to comment further on the issue when contacted by news.com.au.

This show actually show a different view to people in relationships. Many young people said they couldn’t find love and in previous BL, them blame their weight for not finding love.

In this series, many of them have partners and some are very young too. So it is not the weight that stop people from finding love.

26 littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 5:00 pm }

BDD, we posted at the same time.

27 brain dead dave { 04.01.13 at 5:09 pm }

I guess the Krill Oil might be useful as a lubricant….

No worries, Littlepetal. I was too lazy to cut and paste.

28 Georgie { 04.01.13 at 7:33 pm }

#86 – Lol, maybe the hidden cameras revealed more than just sneaky eating?

29 Georgie { 04.01.13 at 7:41 pm }

Oops that should have said Angel86 – #23.

30 Littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 7:48 pm }

Georgie, that is called last chance training.

31 Anna { 04.01.13 at 9:16 pm }

Ch 7 are advertising some loser expose for tomorrow night… might tune in and see what the storm in a tea cup is all about

32 Littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 9:20 pm }

33 Anna { 04.01.13 at 10:00 pm }

The old scales are rigged… The weight goes up 10-20kg then drops the goes up then shows their weight.

Dropping 15 kg in 3 weeks is too much, even though most of it is just them spending time in the loo…

34 Littlepetal { 04.01.13 at 10:13 pm }

The big scale is fake. Contestants are weighed beforehand and then they can decide who get weigh 1st,2nd etc to make it more dramatic. The contestants can’t see their own weight so there is always rooms for manipulations by the producers.

35 Golo i Wesolo { 04.01.13 at 11:40 pm }

@ 32: “Same old story every year. One week in BL is about 10 to 20 days. They manipulate the scales and some contestants suffered some medical conditions, lots of injuries etc.”

You may know about this but ordinary Australians who only tune in once or twice a week most likely do not. The fact is that everybody is starting to catch on to the manipulation and sly tactics that the reality TV producers usually employ now. Sure, some of us have known about this for a while, but now even Australia’s mentally retarded population are having their ‘a-ha!’ moments.

That’s why this show and most other reality TV programs are untenable in their current state. As I mentioned a while back, I predict that the number of reality TV shows on our screens will be halved in five years unless the producers start being honest with their viewers.

And I’m never wrong.

36 Littlepetal { 04.02.13 at 7:37 am }

#35 Yes, you are the only one in the population who is not mentally retarded and you are always right!

37 Georgie { 04.02.13 at 7:42 am }

Rofl Littlepetal, well said.

38 Joseph Skyrim { 04.02.13 at 10:23 am }

BDD @24 – That link has been silenced it seems, or there’s a typo in the link? 😛

39 Daisy { 04.02.13 at 10:51 am }

Rolf and I saw a couple of minutes of last night’s show in the ad break. OMG. A mother and daughter were spilling their guts about their family issues of loss, abandonment and rejection etc. And the trainer was playing psych/guru. Is we qualified to interfere? And what slop! “Tell your mother it’s OK”. TV slop!

I don’t want to offend anyone who watches this because I watch my own share of TV crap… MKR, JJ, Dr Phil, B&B, to name but a few. I’m glad you guys can get some fun out it but BTL looks like such a bad ride.

40 seepi { 04.02.13 at 1:38 pm }

I remember that bit now. they never actually said what the daughter’s issue was. I mean she chose to stay living at home, and is now on Biggest Loser with her mum, so it cant’ have been that bad.

but she still didnt’ look that happy when Shannon told her to hug her mum – they didn’t seem to resolve her issue at all. and they never told us what it was, except that she felt left out of the family.

She seemed to have gained massive kilos in a couple of short years – surely they noticed and wondered why?

41 brain dead dave { 04.02.13 at 1:48 pm }

Don’t sweat it , Joseph @38. The text in that link is exactly the same as Littlepetal has provided in #25.

Troll #35. Your village must be missing you, idiot. You’re wrong to employ words like “retarded” ,”faggot” and make rape jokes and more’s the pity ~ you don’t know even realize it.

Once again, you don’t speak for “everybody”~ just your own sick bigotry.

42 Joseph Skyrim { 04.02.13 at 2:47 pm }

Ahha thanks BDD! RR also posted up something about it, though like I said there, the more I read the less I want to know. Too much extracurricular exercise in the house I think. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

43 littlepetal { 04.02.13 at 3:02 pm }

Joseph Skyrim-Its call last chance training

44 lida daidaihua reviews { 11.23.13 at 8:27 pm }

This diet plan will increase fertility AND assist you loose lida daidaihua reviews http://bladesoulwow.allmyblog.com/119-all-5-slimmed-down-by-cooking-low.html.